• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Father

Years
  • Who do you think ash's dad is. The pokemon wikia says that hewent off on his own journey from pallet town. We already seen that Giovanni couldn't because he is silver's dad.

Some logical guesses are:
    Mr.Mime
    Professor Oak
    Professor Birch
    and Bob Ross

Please post your guess

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The most logical thing would be that Pokemon is a George Lopez. Ash's father "went on a journey". Actually, he left Delia. I believe Delia got pregnant with Ash when she was 18 no? Getting knocked up at that age usually means the dad is going to leave you.

So yes, Ash's father "is on a journey"... to raise other kids with his wealth of being VP of some unknown company.

Which proves my life-time hypothesis that almost everyone in Pokemon is Mexican.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Wait, Mr. Mime is a logical guess? Is it just me or is that incredibly wrong and most likely impossible? Because Ash was the one who gave Delia Mr. Mime. Regardless of the bestiality factor.

I'm going to have to agree with AK47 on this, even though I've been a longtime supporter of the Prof. Oak Is Ash's Daddy theory.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I doubt that they will ever introduce Ash's father in the anime, or in the games. It's just not going to happen. I bet Ash's father either left when Delia was pregnant...or he really did leave for a Pokémon journey of his own. But who does that? How do people condone this behaviour? You don't knock somebody up and then decide to go on a Pokémon adventure. That's just not cool! What a bad Dad! No offense!

Way to take part in your son's life and just leave your wife to raise a child. Haha. Stupid Ash's Dad...

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I'm curious as to how Mr. Mime is a logical guess. That's just seems more impossible in my mind.

I've always been a big fan of Professor Oak being Ash's farther, and the most likely reason I've come to this because that is actually how he acts to Ash. He has become a fatherly figure he can come back too since the beginning of the anime. But Ash's dad isn't Professor Oak, for certain. Indeed in my opinion is that his farther "is a trainer on a journey" who I don't believe will ever appear later on in the series, it will make it too dramatical for the children audience of Pokemon.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • I don't understand Prof Oak, because then that would mean Ash was wayy older then Gary.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I don't understand Prof Oak, because then that would mean Ash was wayy older then Gary.

Actually, Professor Oak could have knocked another lady his age a while ago and had a daughter/son who knocked for Gary at the same time Oak knocked Delia for Ash.

Just sayin'

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    This question has been asked so many times now. xD
    Some logical guesses are:
    Mr.Mime
    ._.
    How is that logical?

Ash's father is a Pokémon Trainer traveling on his own who may or may not appear later on in the series.
    This seems to me as the most 'logical' reply.

I don't really know why, but I always thought that Giovanni was Ash's father. XD;

And by the way, before making threads on such common questions, take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread
    Vernikova has already answered your question there.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Ok think about this even tho its 13 years for us since ash started his journy its only been within a year for him. one of the episodes showed ash with his dad in a flashback ash was a little younger than he is now. for all we know ash could of seen his dad a day before the series start

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    There was that guy Ash had a little memory of in the Twinleaf episode or Spencer hale - It was mentioned in Pokemon Live that Delia used to be a member of Team rocket! Maybe Giovanni banged her and shes kept it a secret from them both!

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
  • Well. The subject is probably not brought up in the Ketchum household, because his Dad is dead. Traumatized 10 year would be traumatized if the truth was known.

I sense conspiracy shenanigans.

Either that or his father was some random Ditto?

RainbowWing

Returned from the ashes
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    Along time ago i always thought ash's father was dead, mostly because the English dub of the anime didn't talk about his dad at all, i think.
    (LOL 4kids)

His dad is probably on his own adventure, and is probably a character we don't know about so far.

Years
  • If you're son was Ash Ketchum, wouldn't you leave too? :P

Know what would be really funny though? If Ash never knew his father, and already met him and beat him in a battle in Kanto or Johto. :p

Also, a Mr. Mime is very logical if you believe this article on Bulbapedia stating that all humans are a sub-specie of Pokemon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Humans

They have no known genetic relationship to Pokemon at the present time, but according to Sinnoh myths, they once coexisted as a single species (possibly Mew) and were one and the same. This species transformed between human form and Pokémon form often. Eventually, this species evolved (in the Darwinist sense) into humans and the various species of Pokémon seen today.

Then again, it would mean that theoretically, Ash's father could also be a Caterpie. XD

Back