• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Father

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    Could Satoshi Taiji (Creator Of Pokemon) be the son of Ash Ketchum? Satoshi Taiji named the main character Satoshi (English name - Ash Ketchum).

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    As others have stated before me, Ash's father is on a journey. I've also questioned on who his father could be, but unless Ash somehow stumbles across him and has to face him in a battle(Which I doubt will happen, though it would be interesting if he did) then I really don't think we'll EVER know who his Father is.

Years
    I don't need to explain how hard is it to answer a simple question you just have to think of possible ways on who Ash's father really is. I doubt Satoshi Taiji is the father of Ash Ketchum.
    Nevermind, I really can't understand what you're trying to say. Grammar is your friend.

As mentioned before, Ash's father isn't anyone we've seen before, I'm not sure we'll even see him in the future.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
    His father is some jobless deadbeat that couldn't support the family in any way, it seems. But in all seriousness, it can't be Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime came while Ash was on his journey. A lot of people suspect it to be Giovanni, but I don't know. I believe that it could be Spencer Hale from Pokemon: The Third Move. Delia and Spencer Hale were apparently good friends and he wasn't much older than her and I think that it's a possibility. Or maybe Ash's father is dead. He killed himself because of Ash. He would rather have Gary as a son.

Years
    Maybe he was an aspiring trainer who simply died before Ash was born. No need to make things so crazy.

I'm not arguing that Delia's copping a bit of Mime-meat, since she clearly is (and Barrier provides an excellent contraceptive) but I think that started a while after Ash's dad died.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'm still thinking Oak x Delia is what went down after Ash's dad died/left/vanished/got a restraining order put on him/was kidnapped/went into a coma, but according to Pokemopolis Delia and Oak include anyone in their love parties (Mr. Mime, Tracey, Brock, Muk).

...Yes, I realize Pokemopolis is not a viable source, although much of what they say makes a lot of sense. ^^;

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Wow. This thread made me laugh so much during lunch that my friends had to come over to see what was going on.

Some logical guesses are:
    Mr.Mime

Lol how is this even possible?

The Narrator is his father.He is dead and is creepishly watching everything his son dose(like a guardian angel) from heaven and tells us people of his journey.

I could actually see the Narrator as Ash father. So far this is the only one that makes sense.

Although I believe the Narrator being Ash father would make sense, I support the Oak x Delia one. You just never know.

Last edited:

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    I think Ashs father was about go on his own Pokemon Journey. And Delia knew that he wont come back for a while and the father got into her pants. Probably . After the father left, Delia found out she was pregnent with Ashs fathers baby. Accidental pregnancy basicly. Leaving the father unaware.

And Ashs dad is probably still on his journey, or dead...or something without contacting home for the past I dont know how old Ashs is now...Probably old. But yea havent contact Delia for that long...that's my theory. But of coarse wrong.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Giovanni is a candidate, since HG/SS and Adventures are not canon to the anime.

The two other frequent theories I've seen are Silver (the one from Sevii, not the rival or the Lugia) and Professor Oak. Oak is at least 50 years old as of Johto and has a grandson, while Silver has never met Ash.

It's worth noting that this is the ONLY singular rumor from any media to get a page exclusive to itself on TV Tropes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    we already know some things about ash's father.first of all he is better than ash.but he may be dead.[ash always lose,neither do a leuge]

Back