• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly video game franchise DEATH BATTLE! [Week 3 - Square-Enix]

What is YOUR favourite(s) Square-Enix series of games?

• Dragon Quest

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Final Fantasy

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Thief

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Tomb Raider

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Front Mission

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Full Metal Alchemist

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Mana

• Nanashi no Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taito games‎

• SaGa

• Star Ocean

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Legacy of Kain

• Chrono

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Hitman

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Deus Ex

• Supreme Commander

• Total voters

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

• Weekly Video Game Franchise DEATH BATTLE! [Square-Enix]

tumblr_me6k12S5sM1qdqlkxo1_500.jpg

Welcome one and all to the third week of Franchise DEATH BATTLES where we are going to show what video game franchise PC likes the most! This will take a couple of weeks/months to complete, and thus, you will get to choose between much video game franchises to see your favourites! Now, if you'd like to see what this is all about, feel free to read the rules below:

Spoiler:

So, as said, this week will focus on the Square-Enix franchises, so choose your favourite Square-Enix series of games, and the winner will be posted on Monday, January 27th! Note: If there is ANY franchise that I've missed that you feel should be up here, please say so BEFORE you vote, and I'll add it up there.

Credits: Inspiration for this idea goes to the Favourite Pokemon Tournament.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Annd the poll is up. Note, I'm not THAT familiar with Square-Enix, so, again, if you think I'm missing a few series that should be here, just say so!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I had to go with Kingdom of Hearts. I'm not very familiar with these series and I just know that I always thought Kingdom of Hearts was an awesome game (:

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • KINGDOM HEARTHS ! ITs one of the best GBA game in my life. I know there are more version but the only one i have played is Kingdom hearths :Chain of memories (Forgot the name correctly) Yeah it was Chain of memories. And I feel very great and felt amazing after completing it.

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
    Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    I'd choose Tomb Raidar. I'ts the best game ever that I've played in my life. I have to say I play it every so often. I'd say for an adventure games.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Mana, Chrono, Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy here. Though if I had to pick my favorite of them...probably Chrono Trigger? I've yet to play Chrono Cross, but I greatly enjoyed Chrono Trigger, enough to put it that high. I've been playing FF for most of my life, and KH for a few years less, so they certainly mean something to me. Secret of Mana is a game I picked up a good number of years back. A good choice, I'd say.

Years
  • I picked Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Chrono, and Theif

Out of the 4 though, I probally enjoy Dragon Quest the most, VIII and IX are some of my favourite games in the Universe. I voted for Theif because I feel the series is underrated to tears, often getting overlooked with games like Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Soiid on the list.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    haha lol no hitman, there is sure of a lot of missing Square Enix series in there, I guess we're dealing more on the Squaresoft side of SE OUt of the chrono series I like Trigger the most with Radical Dreamers coming in hot second

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • haha lol no hitman, there is sure of a lot of missing Square Enix series in there, I guess we're dealing more on the Squaresoft side of SE OUt of the chrono series I like Trigger the most with Radical Dreamers coming in hot second

I'll say it again - I'm not too familiar with these franchises of games, so, if there's any games that you feel should be up here, then please say so!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Voted for Final Fantasy because it's such a classic and I never get bored of playing them. Tomb Raider is just freaking a-ma-zang, very very good game :)

Although I haven't voted for it because I haven't played it for me to judge it, but I'm surprised Hitman only received one vote.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Voted for Kingdom Hearts and Dues Ex, since those are the only ones I've played from the list. d: Might've played few of the others, but can't seem to remember though.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I'd say Final Fantasy, but only some of the earlier ones. You know, before the series became about teenagers with swords the size of Buicks saving the world from generic forces of darkness? Final Fantasy VI is a fantastic game, and probably the best JRPG ever. I mean, the gameplay's good, the steampunk setting is brilliant, and the characters are amazing.

I also quite like Dragon Quest; V and IX are really good.

TY

Im voting for Hitman, as its the only game from them i have played xP

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Really this will always come down to Kingdom Hearts vs. Final Fantasy, let's be honest! As for me, my favourite is Final Fantasy on the whole because the stories are generally pretty enticing and the gameplay is a lot of fun. I like a lot of other titles in the poll (as well as Kingdom Hearts of course!), but I think Final Fantasy has been the best at consistently releasing good quality games. Plus Cloud is kinda cute!

TY

Ehhhhm if i remember correctly, WoW is not from Square Enix, but Blizzard.

Oh and Supreme Commander is also a game from Square Enix and isnt on the list :3
    though i dont think anyone will vote for it

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Never really played Final Fantasy that much so I didn't vote for it. My vote went for Dragon Quest seeing as it's the only Square ENIX game I've really played. Reminds me a lot of FF anyway but a bit more religious at that. Good graphics, fun story, loads of possibilities. I really enjoyed playing through the games and the boss music was just pure heaven to anyone's ears. Dragon Quest for the win. :D

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Eh, there are only two series on this list that I've even played. Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.

So my vote goes to Kingdom Hearts.

Back