• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Origins (IC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
dpmbsa151.png
151a.png

O R I G I N S
A Kanto Journey Story
0 spots open
OOC thread - [S-HIGHLIGHT]IC thread[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

4_zps15c3169e.png
RULES

We will travel together through the routes and I will play as Bill. For every area we reach, there will be stuff to do and in some areas there will be enemies or events that you need to tackle. You won't be writing chapters on your own; this is a RP where we interact. Fun times!

The rating is T. No need to put it higher, I think.

There will be LEVELS and I will let you know when a pokémon grows, learns new moves and is able to evolve. I do not judge single posts to determine this; whenever I think a pokémon has accumulated enough experience through one or more, long or short posts, I will give them levels.

I will list what wild pokémon are available in each new area. If you want to capture one - go ahead! If there are special circumstances around certain pokémon, I will state so in a post.

Don't godmod. Make your character somewhat realistic within the frames of your chosen keyword; they won't be super smart and have things under control in all situations because honestly, do you know any real kid who does?

You should be able to post at the very least once every 7 days, for the RP to keep running smoothly. If you don't think that you can keep up, please don't bother signing up! If new players join in later on, they will start as trainers who meet up with the gang and joins them along the way.

8_zpsa7f91945.png
AREAS/EVENTS SO FAR

~ First meetup in Pewter City I & IIhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7750359&postcount=10

~ Route 3

~ Mt. Moon Village

3_zpsb80c5856.png
PLAYERS

> Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers as Masaki "Bill" Sonezaki
Spoiler:

> [supporter]Cosmic Fury[/supporter] as Adrian Draegar with SMART
Spoiler:

> LGDArm as Suzanne Hart with ENERGETIC
Spoiler:

> Cirrus as Han Lingwei with BRAVE
Spoiler:

> chuckleslucifer as Leeroy Blufinn with FUNNY
Spoiler:

> [supporter]Scyke[/supporter] as Oscar Tipo with KIND
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Pewter City - First meeting
Spoiler:

It was a sunny morning in the stone gray city. Bill was scheduled to meet his hired trainers at 10 AM and he was currently walking towards the meeting spot at the relatively large Pokémart, just at the eastern edge of the city. He was wearing one of his favorite, purple shirts with long sleeves, although they were both rolled up to his elbows now. His hair was as wavily unruly and uncut as ever, and a wide smile wouldn't seem to leave his lips. He was excited! After all, he had never gone on a true pokémon journey before. And this could very well become one - except for the gyms though. He doubted that he would try and challenge those any time soon, but he wouldn't stop his trainers from trying if they wished to, of course. They must do what they felt they should do on their journey. As long as they always stood by him. Ah, the prospects of comradery!

"Come on, Bulbasaur, we want to get there before anyone arrives, remember?" the man said, throwing a glance behind him, where his loyal companion walked. He received a drawn out, but happy 'saaaur' in response, as the pokémon struggled to catch up with his exalted owner.

As the researcher reached the Pokémart, it had just opened up. And indeed, not one of the trainers had arrived yet.

"Phew!" Bill said, and just stood there in quiet anticipation for a few seconds. Bulbasaur stood with him, but knew that this couldn't last. He knew his trainer too well. "Waah! I can't just stand around waiting for them, can I? No I can't."

Bill swung around, looking into the glass of the Pokémart's window to try and calm his nerves. Rows of shiny, red pokéballs were looking back at him from inside. Hmm...

"Wait right here, will you?" Bill said with a pat on Bulbasaur's head. "I'll be right back!"

Before the grass pokémon could object, the man was gone inside the Pokémart, presumably to buy something. Bulbasaur sighed but soon smiled again and closed his eyes to calmly suck in the morning sunshine. No need to worry as long as there were ways to feel goooood.

((OOC: Okay, you can start posting now! I'm sure EB will have his SU finished soon enough. Basically, you all have been told to meet outside the Pokémart in Pewter City at 10 AM (it's Monday, also). You will post about arriving there (and about leaving home, if you feel like it) and you may interact a little and you may spot Bulbasaur. He will mainly just smile at them (and he likes being patted). When everyone has posted, Bill will come out from the Pokémart again. First impressions - go!))

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Meet the heroine
Spoiler:

Pewter, the city of stone, was always a peaceful place, when it came to mining for stones, donating fossils to the local museum. Suzanne, the energetic 16 year old who was born and raised in Celadon, moved to this town with her father some time ago, for her father needed to work. For Suzanne, it was the time for her adventure. While the city of Pewter was a lovely sight, Suzanne knew there was no time to be sightseeing; she, the main hero of her story, must explore the tyrannical lands of Kanto in order to defeat the demon mankey-meowth prince to save the 13th dimension!

...At least, that was her plan, anyway. Just a few feet behind her was her trusty sidekick - a Riolu, a small puppy-like pokemon who had a blue main body, and black ears, and paws. He was busy surveying the ground, until he found a stray can.

"Iolu!" (A can of HippoPop!) The young Riolu barked, however, his excitement went straight to disappointment when he found out the can was empty. He really wanted a drink.

"Come, Excalibur!" Suzanne called out to her Riolu, who was lagging behind. "Chapter one of the guide of the legendary heroines - A heroine is always on time, for the bad guys will not escape our everlasting grasps of victory! Our potentials are everlasting! For you see, as long as there is that one piece of black coal on the red grill of justice, we can always make one barbecue that will feed a king!"

"Ri!" (Just as long as there are pokedogs as well!) Excalibur, the young Riolu cried, as he dropped the empty can, and ran as fast as he could to catch up.

Suzanne and Excalibur had finally arrived to the sturdy Pokemart - the meeting place of where she was assigned to.

Ah, so this is where our debut begins! Suzanne thought as she gazed around. The pokemart appeared to be open, and it didn't appear to be too big. She stretched out her arms and made sure her scarf could not cover her face from the breeze. It was the perfect beginning setting for her, she thought once more.

"Ri-Ri!" (Lookie!) Excalibur the Riolu cried, trying to divert Suzanne's attenton to a few feet ahead; it looked like a lone Bulbasaur. Scratch that; it was! Suzanne hastily made her way over to her. Or him. She wasn't sure the gender, but...

"Aw, and aren't you a cute little thing!" Suzanne complimented, as the Bulbasaur responded with a smile. Suzanne patted him, and he seemed to be enjoying it! "Chapter two of the guide of the most legendary of heroines! A heroine must treat life as a gem! And as a gem, it must be polished and taken care to maximize it's beauty! Young Bulbasaur, I, the mighty heroine of the west, will promise to protect you from the forces of darkness itself! Young Excalibur will help as well!"

"Olu!" (We'll eat em' all up!) added Excalibur, as.. he seemed to be drooling in hunger. Perhaps he had a different intent of defeating the bad guys. To eat them...?

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
A Carefree heart- Meeting new friends!

Luke smiled and hummed to himself as he stood in the kitchen, wooden spoon flowing through the pitcher of sweet red kool-aid he was making. He had several little bottle set out, ready to be filled. The boy was in very good spirits, and he grinned down at his pokemon. His pokemon. Fira the vulpix. She yipped at him happily and rubbed against his leg. Yes, she was in a good mood too! And why wuld they not be? His adventure was about to begin! He wasn't worried about tomorrow, he knew that it would come. His life was now! He would see the world and learn different ideas from different places after all.

"You hungry little Fira?" he asked the vulpix, who had begun to sniff at the bowl of pokefood on the ground. The empty bowl. He smiled and reached into his bag, which was laying on the table and pulled out a container of food, putting a few in the bowl. Which Fira promptly ate. That was good, a breakfast was needed for them to be at their best! He looked over at the clock on the wall in his father's apartment. 9:35 AM. Oh no, he was going to be late! He had to hurry! He filled the bottles and put them in his bag, along with the bandages and antibacterial cream in as well as some asprin. He also had many containers of food, and pokemon food. As well as several ingredients to make delicious pokemon food on the go. Yes, he had enough supplies for a few weeks at least, and he was sure Fira would be able to help him get money for more. Or maybe one of his new friends would help, because he wasn't too hot in battles.

"Pix! Vulpix! (Hey, let's go!)" Fira called, barking at the boy, her tails swaying happily. Yes, she was ready to go! She wanted to run and chase pidgey and chew on all sorts of things! And the scents she would find! Luke chuckled and rubbed her head tuft before returning to his preparations. He pulled a few ice packs out of the freezer and placed them in a cooler, which he also stored cold food in. That would need to be eaten first. Let's see... Soap, spare clothing, a pot to cook in, and... that was good. Fira could heat the food herself, so he didn't need that.

"Come on Fira, let's go!" he said, walking out of the building and... To the museum next. He checked in with the last o his allowance to look at all the cool fossils and say good bye to his father, security for the place. His father was of coure happy to see him, as was the Houndoom next to him.

"Hey Son, I hope you have fun on your journey!" the older man said happily. Luke grinned and nodded, petting the fierce houndoom, who smiled and licked his hand.

"Of course Dad! I'll be a great trainer, i know it! I love pokemon a lot!" he said. Dad laughed and clapped a hand on his shoulder. His father was a very large, powerful looking man, who was quite intimidating. He was a trainer as well, quite renowned in his hayday, with a powerful team. But that was years ago. He had settled down to a quiet life among the fossilized remains inside the museum, where he and his houndoom entertained kids and stopped what few thieves even wanted to steal the old relics of time long past.

"Great son! If you can get six badges, come back and have a nice little battle with your dear old dad! And be careful, and don't trust strangers. Always keep an eye on that little one at your side, ok my son? And maybe you can find some insight into what you would like to do with your life." the man said. Houndoom barked happily at him and he nodded.

"Ok Dad, i will." he said with a smile. Chasing down Gym Badges and living as a Pro Trainer, was that what he wanted to do? Pokemon got hurt in battle, but they thrived from them too. He culd help Fira and whatever pokemon he caught grow and develop. He loved the smiles on people's faces when they saw that their pokemn were stronger when they got them out of the daycare. Battling and rising to the top would be a good goal... but was it really his dream? Who knew... Who cared. one step at a time. He smiled and strolled leisurely toward the pokemart. He was a few minutes late, obviously, and there was someone there already. A cute girl with a riolu and a bulbasaur! Wow, she had TWO pokemon already? Fira let out an excited cry and ran forward, sniffing the Riolu's leg, her tails wagging.

"Pix! Vulpix! Pix! (Hi! I'm Fira!)" she said to him, playfully wagging her tails and lowering herself in a play bow. Clearly the young vulpix wanted to play. Luke walked over and smiled warmly, adjusting her back. Yup, this was it, he was to wait here for the others.

"Hiya. My name is Lucas, but everyone calls me Luke. And you are?" he asked the other trainer, smiling warmly ar her, extending his hand for a handshake.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
We've only met once!
Spoiler:

"Ah, my name is Suzanne!" Suzanne replied to the other trainer, Lucas, as she shook his hand. "Born in the heavens bane, selected by the gods themselves, I, Suzanne, will defeat the darkness of the road ahead of us and prove my self as a righteous heroine! Of course, I can not do that alone - for my partner, Excalibur will assist me on defeating evil-doers!"

"Rio!" (I hope there will be gummies as well!) cried Excalibur the Riolu, rubbing his tummy in culinary excitement.

"Luke, right?" addressed Suzanne. "Rule number three of the guide of the most legendary heroines - your friends are your best comrades! So Lucas, you have been chosen for this journey, have you not? Well! You and I shall be teammates of justice! For even the greatest of heroines can't do everything themselves, y'know? We will travel through Kanto, slaying the evil dragons of the yoll graveyard, and defeating the most evil of evil pokemon to make the children play with their ever lasting smiles! For as long as there is a single zit on the teenage face of JUSTICE, there will always be a cream that will heal all!"

"Luuuu... Riolu!" (Mmmm, creammmmmm... Like ice cream!)

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Adrian Draegar -- A Short Distance from the PokeMart
Spoiler:

"Master, why didn't you go in? We're late now." Sebastian Stone was both a servant and Adrian's close friend for years. It was a pity that they had to part at this point.

"I was assessing the situation. Besides, this "Bill" character is already tardy. Besides, this gives me room to make a good entrance if necessary." Adrian's intense blue eyes monitored the area again. He would miss his servants, Sebastian included. He was one of the very few who ever received the highest honor of being given the right to address him by his first name, but less be noticed, unlike the several people standing outside the PokeMart.

However, they were now in public, so it was "Sir" and "Stone" like it normally should be. "Alright, the area looks clean. I know my father's men were here the other day, and they cleared out the bums that are known to frequent the area. The only ones around this commoner's market are at least halfway respectable people."

There was little doubt that Alexander Draegar had his men bribe these people to leave for a period of two or three days, and doubtless they would all come back to this area just as penniless as they were when they had left. Either way it went, these things were of little consequence. "My parents told me that I'll have plenty of funds for my journey. How much did they put into my account?"

Sebastian shuffled around. "They said they put in a modest sum. They wanted to tell you that they put five million into your account. They say it's not much, but they reassured me that they'll send extra money as needed."

Modest sum? They even know what just five million can do out here? I'm filthy rich! Adrian restrained himself, and kept his voice level. "I think it'll be more than enough. From what I've seen from the report made on him, Bill might pack and run home at the first sign of trouble anyway, so it matters not. What about supplies?"

"Already taken care of. I've got suitable Pokeballs here for you, as well as food for both yourself and a full party in storage. Everything's been prepared for you. And here's the latest Pokegear. I heard that the common folk use it even more than other communications devices out there. It's an all-purpose device, but you'll be able to figure it all out in no time." Sebastian handed the device over, along with the Pokeballs. He also handed Adrian a very expensive, portable storage unit that stored materials into a convenient pocket-sized space. It was also a sphere like the Pokeballs, but it was colored and mark differently.

"I've already done my homeowork. I know how it works, and registered my parents in the thing already. I also had it encrypted with a password and an anti-theft function, compliments of Mr. Baker." Adrian kept his tone cool the whole time. "Is there anything I need to pick up from this market before I leave?"

"No sir. Everything is contained within that storage capsule, and the manufacturer assured us that these are the best Pokeballs they're able to produce for us." Sebastian shuffled around again. "You know how long you'll be gone? Everyone's going to miss you."

"Don't worry. I doubt it'll take too long, and I've already convinced my parents to take you along to meet me in the cities periodically, when I'm there and they've actually got free time." He adjusted his clothes, and prepared to leave. "I'll be back before you know it."

With that having been said, Adrian took up a casual stride and approached the small PokeMart. Having scouted the place from the a distance already, there wasn't much more to look at. He noticed a Bulbasaur sitting off to the side, noticing that the girl that was messing around with it obviously wasn't its trainer. Doesn't that guy know that he runs the risk of having it stolen? Idiot.

Having satisfied that the area was all clear for the moment, he stood off to the side, and released his Larvesta, who assumed her trainer's slightly prideful bearing. She surveyed the area with the same intense intelligence, and noted that there was absolutely nothing worth seeing here.

Adrian kept his voice down, so that he would escape notice for just a bit longer. "You're right. This place is a bit bland, but our presence was requested at this location. It wouldn't do to dismiss this person off the side. After all, this might be a highly respectable meeting place in his eyes."

"I doubt it. Compared with the markets we enjoyed at home, this looks like a squatter's hovel." The Larvesta was cold and openly judging as always.

"You've got to realize that not everyone can casually blow 10,000 on every shopping trip. Most carry only what they need to survive because it's all they can afford." He kept his voice low, but there was still no mistaking him for a very rich foreigner. His fashion and the very presence of a foreign Pokemon said it all.

"True... Where is this guy? And why is a commoner running late? It's not like them." She fidgeted, looking on the shelves. "And please tell me we won't have to see EVERY one of these markets in the region."

"I'm afraid so. We're not the only ones on this trip. For all I know, we're the only ones with ample funds to afford whatever we want. We're already well-supplied anyway, so money spent here is mostly just for snacks and trinkets." Adrian stood up at his full height, and made himself look more presentable, if that was at all possible.

"Sad day... Just don't catch any Pokemon more used to digging in trash heaps than anything else, alright? If you do that, I'll try not to complain for the rest of this journey." Larvesta groomed herself to look as brilliant as always, as Adrian nodded his affirmative.

"I'll even take you to Celadon City's best mall and have a shopping trip just to get the dust off our feet." The two smiled, and then fell silent and waited impatiently for their charge to arrive. They did take notice of the small gathering nearby, and they were presumably also waiting for Bill. However, Adrian paid them no mind as always.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
A Carefee Heart- Heroes!

"Ah, my name is Suzanne! Born in the heavens bane, selected by the gods themselves, I, Suzanne, will defeat the darkness of the road ahead of us and prove my self as a righteous heroine! Of course, I can not do that alone - for my partner, Excalibur will assist me on defeating evil-doers!" the girl said, shaking his hand wildly. Well, Suzanne was certainly cheerful. And he energy was rubbing off on Luke too. He found himself smiling as she shook his hand, and Fira yipped at the Riolu that had seemingly ignored her completely before bounding over to the two trainers and the bulbasaur, her tails swishing happily. The riolu was barking something too, rubbing his belly. But Suzanne wasn't done yet. Before the boy could get a word in edgewise she was continuing.

"Luke, right? Rule number three of the guide of the most legendary heroines - your friends are your best comrades! So Lucas, you have been chosen for this journey, have you not? Well! You and I shall be teammates of justice! For even the greatest of heroines can't do everything themselves, y'know? We will travel through Kanto, slaying the evil dragons of the yoll graveyard, and defeating the most evil of evil pokemon to make the children play with their ever lasting smiles! For as long as there is a single zit on the teenage face of JUSTICE, there will always be a cream that will heal all!" she said eagerly. Well, she was certainly very descriptive. He nodded along with her words, chuckling and laughing happily. She was very silly. But something about her attitude was contagious. Luke couldn't help but grin as he bent down and picked up Fira, who immediately leaned her head over to give the girl a friendly lick on the nose.

"Yeah, We're gonna be great team mates! I can feel it! Um... Yeah, we're gonna beat the bad guys! It's the right thing to do!" he said in agreement with her. "Me and Fira are gonna help too! I brought plenty of food and drink, and even some stuff just in case our pokemon get sick. We're gonna be great heroes!" he added afterwards, not nearly as... Hyper as she, but just as enthusiastic. Who knew what sort of trouble they were going to get into.

"Vulpix! (We're gonna do it!)" the fox barked in agreement. Lukas nodded happily and rubbed Fira's head affectionately. This was going to be a very fun trip, he just knew it. With someone as crazy as Suzanne as his friend, he just knew that this journey would be filled with laughter and fun and a lot of exploration.

"You know, i can't wait to meet our other companions! I bet we'll all have a lot of fun exploring and helping people and learning more about pokemon. I can't wait to get started!" he said happily, grinning at his new companion. Yes, going out and learning new things, helping people and seeing all of Kanto. That would be very cool!

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Caleb: Enter, Colonel Harlow and Sargent Dom!
Spoiler:

With a swift jump and swift steps, a quick shade is seen darting from wall to wall across a sries of small buildings. Always trying to remain as quiet as possible...

The fate of the world depends on it, after all.
"Sargent Dom, mission status!" Silence. Caleb Harlow retires for a moment from the wall's personal space, moving his head around looking desperately for Dominic.

Another shape appears a few meters in front of him. An amphibian creature of slow and tired steps, moaning and complaining of this tedious walk around town. With a complaining "Muuud" it lets Caleb know that at least he's trying to follow him.

"What? The enemies are near?! Where?!"
"Muuuuuud!" More complaints.
"Behind us?!"

Mudkip sighs. If you can't deal with them... Dom returns to his position of stealth in the wall. Back lying over the cold walls of the blue-roofed building, "Stay... Stay... Stay..." Dominic darts from the wall as he heads to the front of the PokéMart, with Dominic walking slowly behind him, slowly, but steadily.

"Go, go, go, Go--ah!"

With a loud noise from his bottom he trips on an unexpected rock on the ground. Once he's hit the ground he lets out a yelp of pain as he realizes the fact that's he's not alone... One, two, so many numbers! People, right. As he stands up and begins to take the dust from his clothes away with his hands, he decides to break the silence, shooting a "Hello, I suppose you're here for this Bill guy, too?" as he turns around and spots Dom throwing himself at a side as he tries to regain his strengths. The Pokémon body wasn't made for ten-minute long walks... "Muuuuuuuuud!"

"Yeah, that'd be Dom... Sargent Dom."

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years

朝曦煦风

n. warm breeze at sunrise

The sunlight is warm upon her skin as Lingwei leaves the door of her family's abode. Having packed her belongings the evening prior, she had begun the day like any other in her life: with a sizeable portion of her accustomed regimen, followed by appropriate ablution and a moderate breakfast. Although she vaguely recalls something that her father had tried to communicate to her, she had been much too preoccupied with excitement to pay any kind of attention during mealtime (not just to her father - she had sprinkled pepper into her teacup and sugar onto her plate); something about staying safe and retaining conservatism in all things? She tosses it aside. Short of possessors of ballistic weaponry, she should be able to take care of any common hooligan who stands in her path.

She can't put into words what, precisely, she is so ardent about. She dismisses the prospect of it being the opportunity to carry out acts of vigilantism - er, heroism! - and moves, instead, to entertain the thought of the possibility of adventure, the foremost prerequisite of which is travel in a group. As she walks along the pebble-lined path down the hillside towards the more metropolitan area of the city, she wonders about the characters of her companions, and pulls the strap of her bag a little closer to her body.

She hears the inexorable footsteps of Mian behind her, and glances back to check up on her Mienfoo. The mustelid Pokémon's expression is placid, his eyes communicating puzzlement at the reason for his mistress's attentional diversion; she gives him a cheerful wave, to which he responds with a shrug of indifference.

The Poké Mart's cerulean silhouette comes into view after a few more minutes of ambulatory activity, the complex not being a significant distance away from her home. She notices that a group has already formed a little outside the entrance, and her hand unconsciously reaches upwards to her hair to adjust its fringes. Counting only three others present, none of them appearing to be significantly older or younger than her, she wonders where Bill himself (probably the most important individual to be attendant) is to be found. A number of other Pokémon are gathered around the group as well, and from the presence of four Pokémon versus three humans, she deduces that it is possible Bill might have arrived already, but had left briefly on some sort of personal task and would return shortly. (Of course, another possibility is that one of her companions simply has an extra Pokémon, but she chooses to selectively ignore this hypothesis.)

In any case, I should probably go introduce myself.

She is close enough now to hear fragments of their conversation, including something which had been said by the brown-haired youth which seemed to predicate the recentness of his appearance on the scene as well as their unified purpose. Motioning for Mian to stand alongside her, she steps forward to join their ranks; greeting them with a sincere smile, she silently considers each of the individuals present. The aforementioned young man, who seems incredibly relaxed upon closer examination; a girl with dark tresses pale green eyes, exhibiting an air of dynamism; and a blond-haired boy who she is fairly sure is quite a bit younger.

(ooc: I'll wait until you people respond to EB, then say stuff.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Pewter City

Bill opened the front door to the PokéMart and stepped outside. "Bulbasaur! I have them now, it's- Oh." He quickly noticed the girl patting his pokémon and the others standing there. He recognized them all and knew their names, of course. He had hand picked them, after all!

"Ah, you are here already!" He held a plastic bag from the pokémart in one of his hands, and with the other he swiftly managed to get up a pokédex of his own from his trouser back pocket. Apparently, he checked the time. "And about time, haha. Sorry, I was just in to get some stuff for the journey."

He looked at all of the present people... Hmm, had he not requested that 6 trainers would follow him? He shrugged and decided to greet them all relatively personally.

"Lingwei, Lucas," he said with a nod to each one of the two. "Glad to see you made it, I trust you are well prepared for the journey ahead?"

He continued to the next people in the street. "Adrian, you seem well prepared! And Suzanne, I don't doubt you are excited, eh? And lastly but not leastly..." Bill's eyes fell upon the Mudkip looking tired and panting beside its trainer. "Haha, Caleb of course. The only other Oak certified trainer of the bunch! I'm one too, of course. Bulbasaur here once came from Oak's lab, just like Mudkip did."

Bulbasaur took some steps ahead and let out a friendly "buuulbaaah" at the water type.

"So, I take it that you all have introduced each other already?" They hadn't really, but he just continued without waiting for an answer on that. "There'll be plenty of time to get to know each other later in any case! Now, let me first tell you my first travel plans."

He held forth his pokédex again, which, as the kids noticed now, didn't look quite like theirs did. After clicking a few things on it, a beam suddenly poured out from it, producing some kind of hologram map in the air. They were all standing around it as in a circle.

"Here we are now, in Pewter City," Bill pointed and touched the map back on the screen of the pokédex, and a blinking dot appeared. So it was a map of Kanto. "Our first stop is Mt Moon in the east. I want to investigate a certain pokémon said to be living there. It's quite rare though. More on that when we get there. And to get there, we have to pass through Route 103. There are some wild pokémon living there, and likely quite a few hobby trainers from Pewter City who might want to battle you. Especially when they see that you are, hm, well on an official trip. People love the attention of important people, you know!"

After a moment, and after showing the route, he put the pokédex away and took up the plastic bag. "I bought some basic stuff for you guys, in case you haven't done that yourself! 3 extra pokéballs for each of you, and two potions each. Sometimes on the country side, there is a long way to go to find a pokémon center. Potions are great in those cases - almost as great as a long night's sleep for a pokémon. And of course, pokéballs let you capture pokémon."

His eyebrows went up. "Oh, right. You might notice that my pokédex looks a bit off by the way. If I get the time and resources on our journey, I'll tweak yours too if you want. Mine includes a map function, a music player, a phone, a camera... It's basically like a pokégear with a built-in pokédex haha. A bit heavier than yours. But yeah, nifty! I'll at least make sure to install a phone function in yours before too long. If you're okay with that.

He then let each and every one of the trainers who wanted his gifts come forward and receive them from the bag.

Instructions:

Make a POV (point of view) post of this, and/or write about accepting the pokéballs and potion and interacting further with the other trainers or maybe reply to Bill's greeting.

After that, I will move us all to Route 3.

Mr. Mammoth: if you are joining, you will simply come a bit late to the PokéMart, or run after us to catch up on Route 3. Depending on when you finish your SU.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
(OOC: Sorry i haven't posted in a while. got busy)

A Carefree heart- The Journey begins!

Luke grinned at the others and Fira yapped joyfully, leaping out of his arms and going around to sniff at the other pokemon present. He smiled warmly, but before he could say anything to the newcomers, Bill came out of the pokemart. He seemed very friendly, albeit a bit eccentric. He happily adressed everyone present and then began talking about the pokedex he had, finally followed by their travel plans. Mt. Moon huh?

"Oh I know a lot about Mt. Moon! My dad works in the museum! He said that there were a bunch of cool fossils inside the mountain. And that there are even pokemon from the moon in there! Er... I've never seen one though. But if he said it it's gotta be true, right?" the boy asked, accepting the pokeballs and the potions Bill offered. He set the three on his belt, marveling at how new they looked. His were a few years old, but at least the standard pokeball had not changed in the last few years. He put the potions in his bag and thought about it.

"i've got plenty of food and first aid stuff too. So don't worry about that. I can't wait to get started! See new places, meet new pokemon. I'm sure all of us will be really good friends!" he said with a smile. Then he thought a moment. What about the gyms? He wondered... Maybe he could challenge the gyms, but he doubted Fira would have an easy time... But that was how one extended their journey, right? It never hurt to ask.

"Um... Mr. Bill, what about the gym challenge? Will we be taking that?" he asked softly, bending over and picking up Fira, who had returned to his side. She licked his face playfully and swished her tails. That was when Luke realized he didn't really know where the gyms even were. Wasn't there one here? Meh... Maybe he should come back to it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Pewter City

"Um... Mr. Bill, what about the gym challenge? Will we be taking that?" Luke asked.

Bill nodded eagerly. "Hehe, that's... Something of a catch, actually. I can only grant you 3 months' leave from school still. And if you are in the middle of your trainer leaves already, you can't stay with me on the journey for longer than that. Granted, I don't know for how long our journey will go on, but it's better to be safe than sorry, so..."

He took a breath and then laughed a little. "We'll train on the road, okay? Find wild pokémon and build teams, battle each other for training and so on. So that when we reach Cerulean City, you might be strong enough to challenge the gym leader there. If you do that and win, I think your leave can be extended indefinitely. Or maybe you'll have to conquer a second gym too. I never took a leave like that, never was a trainer really. But we'll figure it out, okay? This is an adventure, better make the best of it! So gyms, yes, I think you all should try!"

When all the pokéballs had been handed out, Bill looked over all his trainers again and then returned Bulbasaur to its pokéball. "Any other questions before we set off and leave this city for our first route with wild pokémon and training?"

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Time for the Spotliiiiight~

"Hello, I suppose you're here for this Bill guy, too?" another boy said who came along. A couple of other people shortly joined afterward, but, Suzanne focused on what was important - gaining more allies.

"Aha! Yes indeed, my new virtuous friend!" Suzanne replied. "The moon tonight is but filled with the sought off destiny for all of us, it seems! Ah; that's a Mudkip right there, is it not? It's quite cute, and heroic! Very nice, my prestigious ally! A very good member for our potential justice group!"

Soon, Suzanne noticed that the Pokemon Mart doors opened, and out came a male who had a very.. iconic hairstyle. No mistake about it - it was Bill. He greeted everyone and made a small gesture on who Suzanne was especially excited.

"But of course!" said Suzanne. "A heroine is never idle! I have to be prepared to go out in the world, shouting, WELCOME TO PAIN! As I deliver my swift justice upon those who defy the way of peace!" She then turned to her Rilou, and back at Bill. "Which brings me to my next point. Rule number 4 of the guide to the most legendary heroines: Set upon the world, as it set upon yourself! I plan to go around this region, training myself and fully put myself as a full pledge heroine! I know that with my legendary partner, Excalibur the Riolu, there isn't a feat that we can't accomplish!"

"Lu!" (We'll eat yummy things as well!) added Rilou.

Bill then pulled out a couple of items from the bad - a pokedex, a few pokeballs, and a few potions. All essential items on a heroines quest, Suzanne thought. "Ah, while these items aren't that legendary," said Suzanne, "I'll gladly take them upon the quest! Thank you for this opportunity by the way; I hereby make you a full member of my legendary justice brigade! I'm.. still working on the name. While our time together may be short, let's make it heroic!"

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years

光风霁月

n. peacefulness after rain; an open personality

She manages to spot Bill a few moments afterwards; the young (?) man in shirt and trousers had caught her attention immediately upon his exit from the Pokémart, his scholarly appearance and mild air of liveliness being important indicators of his identity. This suspicion is confirmed when she is greeted by him by name, and inclines her head politely in acknowledgement of the address.

She accepts Bill's present gratefully. Their first destination is to be Mt. Moon, as has been described, and she expects to expend a sizable amount of resources in the first segment of her journey due to inexperience; thus, the supplies are definitely welcome backup, especially since she hadn't actually packed any other healing items for her Pokémon.

The question asked by the thirteen-year-old boy - Lucas - is somewhat relevant to her interests, and she is relieved to hear confirmation of their ability to take the gym challenge. Regardless of the fact that they had been, well, essentially hired as bodyguards (though she isn't sure about the group's reliability just yet), she had been hoping to accomplish something on the journey. She hears Bill ask for additional queries, and though she does have one in mind, she feels that the topic is likely too heavy for the first meeting.

She takes a sidelong glance at the group again. pondering whom to speak to first, and settles on the other female member (whose name, she seems to recall, is Suzanne). Directing her body towards the girl, she extends a hand as a gesture of cordiality: "Good morning; your name is Suzanne, right? I'm Han Lingwei. Nice to meet you."

(ooc: I feel sad no one is posting in the ooc =()

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Route 3

As the trainers started chitchatting a little and Bill was done with handing out the pokéball gifts, they all began walking. It was still morning and the sun stood high with only cotton candy clouds to fly in its way now and then.

route3_zps7eba6bb3.jpg

Route 3 is a lush, rather open road but with fields and rolling hills lining the road at first. There are also small bits of forest, not large enough to get lost in but well enough to house some wild pokémon living in them. After half the route, the landscape becomes more rocky and elevated, with a eventual distinct feeling of going uphill. Which of course, is true, as what awaits next is the entrance to the road through the tall Mount Moon.

Wild pokémon found on Route 3:

Spoiler:

All will be level 6-7 depending on how great a capture you made. You don't have to wait for confirmation on your capture, but you can't assign its stats yourself. I will assign the level after the capture is completed by you.

Instructions:

Write at least 1 post in Route 3. You may:
- Battle/capture wild pokémon
- Battle/meet NPCs
- Battle/interact with another player (including Bill, of course!)

Remember that I will give you experience points when I think your pokémon has grown, and that after each capture, I will assign a level to your new pokémon.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Luke traveled with the others onto the new route, smiling and conversing happily, now that his question was answered. He heard Fira barking at something, and turned to look, seeing her tails streaming into the tall grass.

"Hey wait!" he called, taking a step away from the others. Then he turned back to look at them and grinned.

"I'll meet you guys at Mt. Moon ok! I gotta get Fira!" he said with a happy smile before he raced after his pokemon. He pushed through the grass and looked around, hearing his pokemon yipping and barking with excitement. He stopped and thought a moment, then nearly jumped when a hand touched his shoulder.

"Hey kid! You look like a rookie too! We gotta battle now!" said a boy maybe a few months older than him said. He stopped and looked at the brown haired youngster, who grinned playfully, a small purple rodent perched on his shoulder. Luke smiled warmly at him.

"I can't right now, sorry!" he said, but the boy shook his head no. He seemed set.

"Nuh-uhh! Trainers are supposed to battle! And you gotta be a trainer, your in tall grass! Come on, get yer pokemon out and let's battle!" he said. Luke began to panic, and shook his head again.

"I-I can't, my pokemon got excited and ran off into the grass! I gotta find her!" he said urgently. The boy nodded and crossed his arms, smiling back. His light brown eyes were friendly and he wore a goofy smile.

"Awright! I'll help you find her then we can battle! She a red dog thing?" he said. Luke nodded, and the boy stuck his hand out, and Luke promptly shook it. "I'm Kyle! Me and Ratatta are gonna go straight to the top!"

"Nice to meetcha! I'm Lucas, but you can call me Luke!" Luke said. With that the two trainers set off to find Fira, and when they finally did, she was pawwing and barking... at a yellow rock... But... Luke's pokedex began to buzz, and he pulled it out and flipped it open.

"Sandshrew, the Mouse Pokemon. It digs deep burrows to live in. When in danger, it rolls up it's body to withstand attacks." the mechanical voice said. Luke thought a moment and called Fira to his side. Kyle whistled and clapped a hand on Luke's shoulder, grinning happily. He seemed excited for some reason.

"Dude! You gotta catch that sandshrew! I bet your vulpix can take it! I'll even give you one of my pokeballs if you ain't got one! Come on, it's EASY!" Kyle said. Luke blinked and smiled. Well, why not? Fira certainly seemed eager. Suddenly, Sandshrew popped out of it's little ball, now that he wasn't being pestered anymore, and peered at the boys curiously.

"No thanks, i have my own pokeballs. But ok! You want to try, right Fira? You want to bring your new friend with us?" he said, petting the vulpix, who barked eagerly. And Sandshrew didn't seem to be in the mood to run. Maybe he was fascinated by the humans, or perhaps he wanted to see if he was better than Fira? Who knew. Regardless, this would be Fira and Luke's first time working as a team. Luke grinned and pointed at the mouse. Then he paused... Fira's moves were not exactly the best for beating the ground type. Ember, Roar, Iron Tail, and Tail Whip.

"Tail Whip Fira!" he called. As she did in practice, Fira barked and yipped, playfully wagging her tails. Sandshrew had a similar idea, and he slapped a ton of sand in Fira's face. She yipped, startled, and shook her head, trying to see. Luke frowned, and shouted, "Iron Tail! You can do it!"

Fira growled and charged, her tails glowing silver, and she leapt, spinning around and swinging her tails... Only to spectularly pass the mouse and land behind him. Sandshrew gave her a curious look, and curled into a ball. Luke thought he was doing what the dex entry said, but he was startled that this was a move! The tiny mouse began spinning and charged at Fira, hitting her and knocking her over as he passed. She got back to her feet, ready to keep going. The attack hadn't seemed that strong... Why was she panting so hard?

"Rollout is a Rock Type move! It's Super Effective on your vulpix! Come on, he's going to knock her out if you don't do something!" Kyle said. Luke saw he was right, and that Sandshrew was coming around for another pass. He knew about type matchups... He had studied them in school... How had he forgotten something as basic as that! He knew it wouldn't do much, but he called out, "Fira! Use Ember!"

The vulpix bowed, bracing herself as Sandshrew approached, firing a torrent of tiny little flames, all of which missed! Seriously! She was being so unlucky! Sandshrew wasn't, and he bowled her over again with his increased momentum. And he was coming around for another pass, moving even faster. Luke thought fast... Wait! Iron Tail! Steel was Super Effective on Rock! Maybe he could have Fira bounce Sandshrew off of her tails!

"Fira, use Iron Tail..." he said softly, waiting as Sandshrew closed in. Fira panted softly, listening intently to her trainer. Sandshrew was close, too close now. "Now!" he said. Fira leapt beautifully into the air, her tails glowing, and she spun, the mouse getting hit by the tails, and flung into a rock. Fira yapped weakly, and Sandshrew shook his head, groaning. Fira's eyes seemed to be clear now. She growled, a bit more intent on winning now that she had scored a hit.

"Great job Fira! You can do it! Iron Tail again!" Luke called. Sandshrew opened his mouth, and a barrage of purple needles flew out, hitting Fira as she charged, making her yowl and whine. She swung her tails, and they hit a rock and busted it, though Sandshrew got out of the way. Luke frowned. "Let's go with Ember!" he shouted.

"You're lucky! That was Poison Sting! Your Vulpix could have been poisoned! Poison would make her faint really fast in the condition she's in!" Kyle explained. Luke nodded. Then he had a sudden idea, as Fira began to blast the shrew with flames, only for him to curl into a ball and soak up most of the hits. Then Sandshrew began to fire Poison Sting at her again.

"Fira! Use your Ember attack to knock the needles out of the air!" Luke called. Fira growled, and opened fire, the flames and the needles colliding in the air and not hitting the pokemon. Kyle looked very impressed, and gave Luke a thumbs up. Luke grinned happily and knelt down.

"Ok, go get him with Iron Tail!" he said with a very exccited and eager voice. Fira barked an acknowledgement and charged, the startled shrew curling up into a ball. Fira leapt and landed gracefully behind him and swung her tails, knocking the sandshrew rolling.

"Good girl! Keep it up, don't let him think!" Luke called encouragingly. Fira chased the rolling ball, using Iron Tale again, knocking him rolling into a different direction. The Sandshrew hit a rock and collapsed on the ground, gurgling softly, dazed and confused.

"Your pokeball dude! You gotta catch it now!" Kyle said eagerly. Luke nodded and pulled a pokeball off of his belt.

"Go! POKEBALL!" he called, hurling it as hard as he could, hitting the Sandshrew. It sucked the pokemon in and fell to the ground, shaking and wobbling. Then, it dinging. Fira immediately pounced on the ball and picked it up in her mouth, positively prancing as she brought it to her trainer, despite how tired and worn out she was. Luke grinned and took it, holding it up triumphantly.

"I caught a Sandshrew! I'm gonna name you... Um... Quake!" he said, naming him as he had Fira, after a spell he liked from a game he had played long ago. Which left him curious... How was he going to beat the Cerulean Gym with a Fire and a Ground Type?

"So... Can we battle now? I'm really psyched after seeing that awesome catch! And so is Ratatta!" Kyle said eagerly.

"Ratatta!"

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years

Caleb Harlow - Some Dull, Unimportant And Delayed Post~

A young man and his Bulbasaur were seen walking outside a PokéMart. He had a plastic hand on his hand. Torture supplies! was everything this paranoid young man named Caleb could think at the time, next he would see would certainly be chairs where they would be tied up, slowly drifting away from life as they are forced to reveal personal info, so that the money of their parents could be stolen and placed in a bank account hidden in the Sevii Island. Lord Arceus, this Bill man is insane!

One by one, this criminal mastermind and his evil minion began to greet each of the people gathered around. Getting to know your victims, are we? Eventually he reached for Cal and Mudkip -who was lucky to not be death from walking around for five minutes- and referred to Caleb as "The only other Oak certified trainer of the bunch"... Is that some sort of slang for victim, you fool?! was everything he could speak to himself. Especially seeing how he gave presents to his victims, this guy is out of his mind, giving free Pokéballs and stuff...

Then laughs and questions. The victims wanted to know if they could acquire badges along the way. You can if you're still alive! These fools, how can they not realize that--, "Aha! Yes indeed, my new virtuous friend! The moon tonight is but filled with the sought off destiny for all of us, it seems! Ah; that's a Mudkip right there, is it not? It's quite cute, and heroic! Very nice, my prestigious ally! A very good member for our potential justice group!" some random girl spoke up to him upon realizing his presence. Replying with a fast nod, Caleb returned to his thoughts. Just who is this provocatively dressed girl and just why is she stilling my spotlight?! He didn't like the fact a girl of tremendous capabilities in the peaking department was amongst the group, but he decided to ignore that fact, glancing Suzanne with distaste for a split of a second.

And before he gets to reply the magical "er mah gee" forces otherwise referred to as plot devices, along with the kids' captor, hush them all along to a road lying next to Pewter City, but not before Mudkip is sent back to his respective Pokéball. Soon Cal and the other find themselves amidst a whole lot of mountains, bushes, trees and hills. This bastard! He's looking for a place to hide the bodies, nonetheless! He is evil. EVIL I'm telling you, and his cheerful behavior is nothing but a trap! It is all so obvious, but these Trainers are as blind as... uh... something that can't see? He's not that good with analogies. Anfd then this energetic punk and his Vulpix decided to go bonkers over some Sandshrew or whatever. With a loud sigh, Caleb decided to just keep on walking. might as well acquire an extra Pokémon for when this freak decides to finally attack. he mutters to himself as he spots a decently looking camel of yellow. Might as well go for that thing now~ Caleb finally taps the Pokéball on his pocket as he contemplates how to approach this inquisitive Numel who is sniffing some nearby grass.​

((OOC: Will do the Numel battle soon :3))​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ Nideous

Luke captured a male Sandshrew at Lv 7!
Fira grew to Lv 7!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023

The Hour of Houndour-Part 1

A teenager stands in front of a pokemart tapping his foot and looking at his watch trying to keep calm.
"Oh man where is he?" Leeroy exclaimed as he looked at his watch. "Wait a second, this watch has the wrong time on it daylight savings ended a week ago!" Leeroy said in an angry tone "Okay then where could they be? not in Viridian Forest because that place is easy to get lost in hmm maybe they are on route 3" Leeroy decided before sprinting off into route 3. never to be seen again
As Leeroy (I will refer to him as Lee from now on because it is tiring spelling his name the unconventional way instead of Leroy) was looking around for the mysterious man that had requested his help, but before he could make any progress a Trainer ran over to him yelling "It's time to fight, you and me NOW!" this trainer had a net slung over his shoulder and was wearing a hat that had clearly gone out of style before its creation. "I am Bug Catcher Colton, and I will be the end of your pokemon journey" "Yeah I understand let's get this over with." as Lee finished he realized that this trainer was a bug catcher and he started to worry.

Spr_FRLG_Bug_Catcher.png

Bug Catcher Colton
Spoiler:

"Go Ace, burn this kid to ash!" Lee yelled throwing the red pokeball trying to hide his fear for Lee knew that if the enemy knew his fear they could use it to their advantage. "Go Caterpie!" The bug catcher yelled, "Use Ember Ace" Lee yelled before the black dog shot out a fire hitting the caterpie before it could jump out of the way.

"Hmph, Go weedle and use string shot!" Colton yelled before the weedle shot out a web hitting Ace's legs and slowing him down considerable "Ember destroy that bug!" "Grr" the houndour replied in acknowledgement before shooting another flame at the weedle resulting in the weedles defeat.

"ARGH! Go Caterpie, this is my prized pokemon he is in the top percentage of caterpie's!!! use tackle and then string shot" Colton screamed in fury, the caterpie did as his master requested. The caterpie hit the houndour with so much force he was pushed further than he should have but before the houndour could react a web came from no where securing him to the ground. "Houndour wait for the caterpie to close in before burning it to death!" Lee yelled in hope but the caterpie was to fast and to strong Ace was hit with yet another powerful tackle but this time the webs were broken "Go now use ember on the grass surrounding the caterpie before going in for the final kill" Lee screamed trying not to get to scared from the bug pokemon "Grr *yes that sounds... Dashing*" Ace did just that the caterpie was surrounded and out of the flames it could see a shadowed figure walking through the fire...

Ace stepped out of the flames with a smile even though he could barely stand, he continued to walk over to the caterpie before using ember one last time. "Return Caterpie" Calton yelled "good job, what was your name again, Leeroy wasn't it?" "yes, yes it was your caterpie is a powerful pokemon you're lucky to have such a thing, well I gotta go now. Be seeing 'ya!" Lee said as he walked over to his houndour who was barely standing before his knee's gave way and he collapsed "Oh no we better get you to a Pokemon center before trying to find Bill again" Lee whispered to his faithful companion who was fast asleep.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ chuckleslucifer - great beginning! Just, please don't center your text. It gets tiresome to read it that way :) And also, splitting your text up into several smaller paragraphs also helps the readability.

Check the first post for Ace's stats!

Ace grew to Lv 7!

Last edited:
Back