• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Origins (IC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    BILL

"Well, it wasn't that bad I was ambushed by some Woobat just outside the village around 2 or so hours ago and I did have a chat with a strangely familiar person not to far from the village. I felt like I knew him but he didn't know me... he must be someone off televison..." Leeroy said, and Bill raised an eyebrow. A familiar person? There were mostly passerby trainers in these parts. No really famous people went here, except for Bill himself though. That was why this part of their journey was the least dangerous one; route 3 hadn't been subject to assaults from the mysterious pokémon kidnappers yet.

The boy continued, untroubled. "As for travelling... nah wasn't to hard I know the Viridian Forest, Route 3 and Mount Moon area fairly well since I spent a lot of time as a kid around here so I know the safest paths to go through when leaving the city."

Of course he did. Bill smiled as Leeroy ordered a Chicken Burger from a waitress who looked tired but smiled even wider in her black and white dress. This wasn't a first class restaurant, but it sure made due for them. Bill looked after her as she walked away.

"How about you?" Leeroy's voice suddenly came and made the researcher turn back. "Is travelling as a group easier than on your own... You are a great Pokemon Researcher so I guess you have had a lot of experience in the area of travelling?" the boy asked with an interested face.

Bill now pulled off the jacket he had been wearing, hung it on his chair and then leaned his elbows on the table. "Yeah, well... I used to travel more. When I was a teenager, I was all over the place actually. Visited gym leaders around the region, mythical places and big tournaments around the world..." His eyes drifted as he remembered the exciting times. "But back then, and outside of Kanto, it wasn't really dangerous to travel. I most often went together with some researcher colleagues. I was never a proper trainer." He shrugged. "Guess I didn't really see the point of battling when there's so much more to pokémon."

Bulbasaur's pokéball felt warm and solid in his pocket. He hadn't gotten himself a pokéball belt, like many trainers had. He only had Bulbasaur, after all. Glancing at Leeroy again, he continued.

"But Kanto has changed. I wanted to travel the region to search for clues for my theory... But Oak wouldn't let me go as I usually do. So by this, you, I'm making sure that there will always be some trainers I know on the same route as me, so that you guys can either assist me directly or at least are only a phone call away if anything happened." The researcher smiled.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    228.gif
    056.gif
    527.gif

Chapter 2-1: Mount Moon Village

Bill pulled off his jacket he had been wearing, hung it on his chair and then leaned his elbows on the table.

"Yeah, well... I used to travel more. When I was a teenager, I was all over the place actually. Visited gym leaders around the region, mythical places and big tournaments around the world..." His eyes drifted as he remembered the exciting times. "But back then, and outside of Kanto, it wasn't really dangerous to travel. I most often went together with some researcher colleagues. I was never a proper trainer." Bill shrugged. "Guess I didn't really see the point of battling when there's so much more to pokémon. But Kanto has changed. I wanted to travel the region to search for clues for my theory... But Oak wouldn't let me go as I usually do. So by this, you, I'm making sure that there will always be some trainers I know on the same route as me, so that you guys can either assist me directly or at least are only a phone call away if anything happened." Bill answered.

The part about mythical places became really interesting to Leeroy.
    "Mythical Places what kind of places did you go to? I think I visited the tin tower in Johto once?" Leeroy asked.

Want to use titanpad?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Bill & Leeroy - Tavern

Bill thought back on his journeys as he leaned back and looked towards the counter, on the other side of the large room. Their food was almost ready.

"I went to Johto first, and saw the Brass Tower actually. The Tin Tower is burnt down... Do you know the story about that? It's quite fascinating, even if it's not really about the creation myths or something like that."

Bill's eyes gleamed as he talked about subjects that he liked. Over the last year, he had grown increasingly interested in pokémon myths, which was quite the turn from his mechanical and electronical interests he had before.

"It's said that during a heavy thunderstorm, Tin Tower was struck. Lugia, who used to nest there, flew away and three unnamed pokémon who happened to be inside it at the time of the fire that followed, well, they lost their lives. Then came Ho-oh and used its powers - and this is interesting - to revive these three pokémon with new names and powers, each representing the lightning, the fire and the rain that put the fire out eventually. Today it's called the Burnt Tower, and these three pokémon are said to roam the region of Johto as guardians. There hasn't been an officially confirmed sighting of Lugia nor Ho-oh ever since, though. But lots of rumors."

He smiled eagerly. "Don't you think it's strange that Kanto has no such stories? No temples, no real myths. Rather, there are tons of urban legends, none of which features a legendary guardian."

"Hmm, I remember something about the winged mirages or phantom wings, Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos but apparently Lugia is somehow tied with them because Articuno and Moltres' combined powers of ice and fire are the source and cradle of the oceans, and that Zapdos' electric energy creates the currents and streams thus tieing the winged mirages to it's master Lugia, though this is all speculation." Leeroy replied calling back a memory of a very boring history class, looked keenly at the food that was being prepared.

Bill listened closely though, widening his eyes.

"But, I do think it is strange that no temples exist in Kanto, maybe they just eroded in time or are deserted in unknown caves or under the ocean." Leeroy continued.

"Mm. That's part of my research, part of why we'll be going deep into some cave routes and forests eventually. To search for ruins and clues."

The researcher leaned back as their burgers finally arrived, but when the waitress left again, he didn't start eating immediately. Instead he looked at Leeroy again. "But that bird trio theory sure is interesting. I remember hearing it too, but scientists said that it was too much of a simplification of geology and metrology. That it wouldn't be possible. However, there are so many things about pokémon that seems impossible but still works, so maybe this is one of them. Rest assured we will look into the whereabouts and stories around the three birds."

Then he made a motion towards his plate. "But for now, my stomach wants to tell this story. Shall we?"

"Yes" Leeroy said licking his lips with the excitement of exploring unknown forest and caves.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • Chapter 3: Blazing a Trail
    Outskirts of Mt. Moon Village
    _________________________________​

The last day or so was very strange. After having been suddenly called away by his father, he had gone back to Pewter City to talk to him. He seemed unusually interested in where he was, and what he was doing. Either way, the conversation ended as usual -- both of them parted happily, with his father giving him a few extra supplies for the journey, along with fairly cryptic advice on dealing with highway bandits.

Why would he mention his name? It would be fairly sure to get him kidnapped along with Supernova. Either way, his father was adamant about it, going so far as to say that the family was feared by the criminal element of these parts, and for good reason.

What that reason was, he didn't give, no matter how hard Adrian pressed him. Still, he seemed adamant about it, and made sure to tell Adrian to keep him posted, as he didn't trust Mount Moon as far as he could throw it. With those words, he simply dropped him off near the village that everyone was to stop at.

---------------------------

The rest of the day was spent in special training. Adrian and Supernova knew that they were alone until they got partners in their expedition. As such, they had to be -- in his father's words -- superior to all others, just like any other member of the esteemed Draegar family.

"Alright, concentrate and throw your String Shot all over the field, and then torch it with Ember!" He watched with satisfaction as they repeated the combination for the umpteenth time.

"Now, throw your Zen Headbutt at the target I set up!" Supernova shot forward like a dart, powered up by the fire that was already all over the field. She focused her energy, and struck the miniature scarecrow head-on, damaging it and setting it on fire.

"Now, it's throwing a Water Gun at you. Counter it!" Supernova shot a concentrated String Shot that formed a soft shell in front of her, keeping her hot and dry. Then, she set the dry side of the sticky string on fire, and threw it back at the target. The small shield flipped over, and the flames managed to scorch the target.

"Excellent. Rock Throw, coming your way! Deflect it!" The Larvesta then formed another String Shot shield, and rolled over for a brief moment. She waited until the imaginary attack would hit and bounce harmlessly off the cover, and then she rolled on her feet, burning the string off quickly. She then shot the string at the target, and used Ember at the same time on the string, creating a small fireball that struck the target directly in the center.

"Great work! We'll continue our training tomorrow. You seem to have a water shield down, but we need to work on how to counter and deflect gusts of wind, along with rocks. Until then, we need some food and rest." Adrian had kept pace the whole time, and he noticed how much they had both improved since they started. Going on this mission was definitely a good idea.

"Right. What did you think of the whole String Shot thing?"[/I] Supernova kept pace with Adrian as he worked to douse what was left of the flames that still smoldered around the rocky training ground that they used.

"You need to make it thicker when you're bouncing rocks off of you. It's less flammable until you get them off, and you're going to set it on fire later anyway. I do like your Fireball trick. That's a pretty awesome way of burning something and setting it on fire. Overall, it's a truly brilliant idea, and you deserve major props for it... and a good shopping trip before we leave town tomorrow."

Needless to say, this pleased the Larvesta, who was also aware that Adrian had slated his own combat training for very early the next morning -- not that it mattered, as she would still be asleep. That thought in mind, they simply went and finished cleaning the field up.

------------

Events: Adrian returned to Mt. Moon Village after talking with his father.
    Techniques Improved: "inferno" (String Shot + Ember, on the field)
    Techniques Learned: "fireball" (String Shot + Ember at target), "flame smash" (Zen Headbutt + Ember), and "disposable shield" (String Shot).

Last edited:
    Back