• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor Who

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Doctor_Who_2010_title.jpg

The first episode of the new season has just finished up in the UK (and airs in a few hours in the US), so I guess this is the place to talk about it, if you want. Here's a synopsis of the first ep:

The Impossible Astronaut: TARDIS blue envelopes, containing a position, date and time direct The Doctor, River Song, Amy and Rory to meet in Utah in the 1960s. They make a trip to the Oval Office in Washington, D.C. This episode will feature the 'Silence'.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(series_6)#cite_note-DSnewDoc-8

What did everyone think?

Years
It's... awesome. I can't really put it into words, but that episode is defnitely a good one. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens.

Spoiler:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
I didn't watch it yet! I didn't even know it aired. I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, though. <3

Zet

Years
I'll be watching it very shortly and I'm currently too excited for my very own well being. Season 6 will definitely be one of the best... probably even the greatest Doctor Who season ever.

Years
Watched the latest episode a few hours ago and I was pretty satisfied. Crazy plot that promises all kinds of twists. Gonna be a lot of fun. The only down side is that I'm watching, and have been watching, seasons 5 and 6 with two friends who feel like it's really disappointing while I'm enjoying it completely.

Spoiler:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
I just watched it! And must I say...

Spoiler:

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
Years
I thought it was epic yet slightly boring
Spoiler:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
It was awesome.
I should probably elaborate...
Not sure whether I prefer the idea of opening with a double parter yet, but it definitely allows for a greater story. Still trying to get my head around who is in the suit when it kills future-doctor and how they will avert that without causing a paradox.
As for Amy's pregnancy, I'm still not sure whether the stomach-aches that she and River have been experiencing due to The Silence mean she really is or not and if she is, whether its a normal pregnancy.
Too. Many. Questions.

Definitely set up to be a great series.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I've got a blog review coming up slightly later, but on the whole I liked it without loving it. I liked River and Rory but not Amy or Nixon, if that makes any sense. It also felt like there was slightly too much set-up and not enough action... but hopefully the next episode will deal with these concerns. Looks good, at least, from the previews!

Zet

Years
If you want to spoil yourself, just head over to the Doctor Who facebook page to see all the spoiler pics. I know that the BBC had some spoiler pics up before part 1 aired. :x

Crystalized

Waiting For RSE Remake
Years
Lol, shows how far Australia is behind because it finished 15 minutes ago over here.

But yeah, it was pretty good. Lol how the doctor makes Rory's codename "The Nose".

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm so happy this thread has received the response it has. It warms my heart, it does! Anyhoo, here's the synopsis for the next episode, due to air in the UK in just under half an hour:

Day of the Moon: The FBI are looking for Amy, Rory and River Song. The world has been occupied by the Silence and they can trust no one. The Doctor is trapped.

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I hope this one is significantly better than the première. Well, I live in hope!

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Oh, Doctor Who. Who think I might like it?

In this year's return of the bow tie, I enjoyed the opener thoroughly. It wasn't great though. The pacing was just okay, and a number of the plot devices Moffat is using are starting to become a bit overused. Besides that, I loved it. The cliffhanger was ruined by the trailer for the next one though.

I expect The Day of the Moon to be considerably better though. While the first one was very good, it felt like it was more leading up to a great 2nd episode than trying to be one on its own.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Spoiler:

Years
I just realised what your avatar is, Rob.

It was a good episode and tied up the loose ends of the last episode nicely. This is already shaping up to become a pretty interesting series.

I'm a bit bored of the subtle hints toward something throughout the series though, 'Bad Wolf', 'Torchwood, 'Vote Saxon', 'The general appearances of Rose', 'Cracks in the wall', 'The silence' etc. Stop it!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
^ Heh, I guess it does get a bit interesting. Although this time ithe silence was mentioned though both series 5 and 6. :3

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
THAT's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Sooooooo much better than last week's. All the stuff I didn't like - whiny Amy, on the nose dialogue, Matt Smith's kookiness up to 11 - was just gone and in its place was just a cracking episode of Doctor Who. In parts creepy, in other parts exciting, with a cliffhanger even more shocking that the last one. Bee-you-tiful!

Back