• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netish

errr CANDY MOUNTAIN!!!
Years
I need to get my pokemon migrated and start a new game...anyways...

the only shiny I even found was a gold magikarp -_- the evolved into a red gyrados...bit of a letdown since you can get that easy on gold silver from the lake of rage

also hilarious story: the fellow who does "trendy" sayings which change where on that one route you can find feebas can be made to say really funny stuff...he doesn't always accept them though but he took "your mom" and I never changed it again because it was hilarious to go in and hear "I have memorbillia of your mom and you can't have any" or "it's all about your mom" or that one person who asks if a word has to do with "your mom" such a laugh... (and yes...very juvenille)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
i was vsing sabrina in LG,
down to lvl 40 Alakazam,
and i only have lvl 16 sandshrew.
she keeps using calm mind and i WIN!
:D

Years
I got my first ever legit shiney!! Boo the Abra! It was so intense since I knew I only had one shot with a regular Poke Ball to catch it since they always use Teleport.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Re-started my file for Kanto! XD;

Hooray! I trained my Charmander up to level 14 and defeated Brock for my first gym badge. My Pidgey didn't see any action in the less-than-epic battle, so it's still stuck at level 11. I'll train it up as I pass through Route 3, though. Plenty of opportunities to gain levels there.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
So, yesterday,, I'm playing Emerald. I made it to the part where Wattson asks you to go to New Mauville and shut off the generator. I do that and I surf to the route to get to Fortree. Everything is good. I had beaten the Mimic circle and various other trainers.

Then, I remember that I had my Liechi berry in the berry pot on Soul Silver. I'm thinking "I don't want to lose my Liechi Berry, I've only got one." So I play Soul Silver, which is already in the DS cart slot. I harvest my new Liechi berries and save the game. Now I'm like, "Now that I have my Liechi Berries, I can go back to Hoenn." The game was starting to get good. After tons and tons of scrambling around lost, I had finally gotten the HM Surf. However, and this is a big however, I can't do that because my game has conveniently erased itself.

At this point, I'm pretty upset. I'm all like, blasted Nintendo! This is why people use emulators! Argghhh! I'm selling this game! I hate it! Arrrgggghhhhh! I quickly take the game out and put it up. Then, I start to thinking. Each time the game has erased itself, I had just finished playing a DS game. I had a theory of what was going on, so I tested it out.

I replayed the game up to the point where you're helplessly abandoned in the back of the moving truck, then I save the game. Next, I played SS and replayed Emerald. Sure enough, the game had erased itself. My verdict: Soul Silver is erasing my game saves in Emerald! Oh, johto, how could you betray me so?

Well, that's it. I really don't feel like playing through the game again, but I guess I'll give it another try some point in time.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I ordered a Gameboy Advance SP from Ebay this morning (only paid £14.99 inc shipping), I would love to know where my old GBA SP went but it literally vanished years ago lol (I put it on a shelf, left the room and it had disappeared from the shelf), I've also ordered Pokemon Emerald from there, I had it before but I found out it was the US version (I checked to make sure it was a European copy before buying), and as I was typing this I found the US copy of Pokemon Emerald lol (I'll be putting the us version on ebay I think)

Also, I've started planning my team for Emerald when it arrives, at the moment I'm debating whether to pick Mudkip or Torchic, I'm leaning more towards Torchic but I'll decide properly when the game arrives in the post (and the gameboy lol)

Blaziken/Swampert
Roselia/Shiftry
Sharpedo/Torkoal
Flygon/Altaria
Solrock/Grumpig
???? / ????? Possibly electric

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Well, I decided to restart a Sapphire I bought for like 5 cents at a garage sale that I was going to use for a challenge but decided to use it just for a normal play-through. Anyways, I started and picked Mudkip. Right now my team is:

Roy G. the Marshtomp lv.29 M
Xavier the Kirlia lv.29 M
Jekyll the Mightyena lv.29 M
Hyde the Breloom lv.29 M
Biv the Swablu lv.29 M

HM Slave 1 the Sableye lv.11 F

I'm training on the route north of Slateport; probably going to get everyone up to level 20 so Ralts and Poochyena will evolve. Also, while I'm at Slateport I'll probably give them all nicknames. And later I'm going to get my final addition to my team, Swablu.

EDIT: Welp, Poochy has evolved..
EDIT: I'm at Mauville and I'm going to grind a bit before Wattson. My updated team is above.
EDIT: Got everyone up a level; Hyde evolved.
EDIT: I caught a Swablu, and I am currently training him. I've gotten the third badge.
EDIT: Well I'm at Lavaridge, the team update is above.
EDIT: Just a team update, I ground Biv up to be the same level as the team then ground everyone to a level over Flannerys Torkoal.

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Just started playing this again as my copy of Pokemon Emerald arrived this morning and have been playing it most of the day, I'm just about ready to leave Slateport City for Mauville, I've also just caught an Electrike which I am currently training up to Lv20 so that it can learn Spark and i can stop using Tackle to attack the wild pokemon.

Team;

Marshtomp Lv19
Mightyena Lv19
Tailow Lv19
Electrike Lv15

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I beat Norman by the hair of my chinny chin chin because I didn't feel like grinding, but I felt bad for that so ground in the water some to get everyone to the right level before moving on. Then I did all of the things I couldn't do earlier when I didn't have surf so I just now got onto the route leading to Fortree.

Roy G. the Marshtomp lv.34 M
Xavier the Gardevoir lv.34 M
Jekyll the Mightyena lv.34 M
Hyde the Breloom lv.34 M
Biv the Swablu lv.34 M

HM Slave 1 the Sableye lv.11 F

Yay! Biv is one level from evolving and Roy G. is two!

EDIT: I beat the Aqua grunts and May and my team gained a level, causing Biv to evolve and Roy G. to be one level from evolving:
Roy G. the Marshtomp lv.35 M
Biv the Altaria lv.35 M
Xavier the Gardevoir lv.35 M
Jekyll the Mightyena lv.35 M
Hyde the Breloom lv.35 M

Last edited:
Years
and Sunday, i got my 4th Lv. 100 on emerald! i got my second Kyogre to Lv. 100. fittingly enough, it was against on of my own other Lv. 100s (my ursaring, via secret base battles on my sapphire data). now to get the rest of my scallions up to level.

Blue Fin - Lv. 100
Godzilla - Lv 82
Faye (Gardevoir) - Lv. 87
Shoryuken (Blaziken) - Lv. 89
Rasta Dog (Linoone, yes i have a linoone in my team) - Lv. 92
Dilshan (rayquaza) - Lv. 96

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Well, I've beaten Winona and I'm on Route 121. Everyone on my team is now fully evolved:
EDIT: In Lilycove about to battle May; team as follows:

Roy G. the Swampert lv.38 M
Biv the Altaria lv.38 M
Xavier the Gardevoir lv.38 M
Jekyll the Mightyena lv.38 M
Hyde the Breloom lv.38 M

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I defeated Wattson earlier and then decided to replace Mightyena with a Makuhita which I have almost finished training to match my team's levels, I also put Mightyena and Zigzagoon in the daycare, I just went back to check on them and the daycare man had an egg for me, trouble is I don't know which pokemon the egg will hatch as, I've got a feeling it will be Zigzagoon as I think Mightyena is male

Team:

Marshtomp Lv27
Swellow Lv23
Electrike Lv23
Makuhita Lv21

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I just beat Wallace, with a special thanks to Xavier and Hyde :D

Roy G. the Swampert lv.44 M
Biv the Altaria lv.44 M
Xavier the Gardevoir lv.44 M
Jekyll the Mightyena lv.44 M
Hyde the Breloom lv.44 M

EDIT: Before Victory Road/Elite Four I'm going to flesh out my PokeDex, so my team is more or less the same.

Last edited:

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
training my Torchic to lvl 10 before battling May

beat rival May (first time)

Caught Wingull

Team:

Torchic
Wingull

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I defeated Wattson earlier and then decided to replace Mightyena with a Makuhita which I have almost finished training to match my team's levels, I also put Mightyena and Zigzagoon in the daycare, I just went back to check on them and the daycare man had an egg for me, trouble is I don't know which pokemon the egg will hatch as, I've got a feeling it will be Zigzagoon as I think Mightyena is male

Team:

Marshtomp Lv27
Swellow Lv23
Electrike Lv23
Makuhita Lv21

Big update, I worked my way through to Lilycove City and am currently battling the Team Aqua Grunts on Mt.Pyre, I swapped Swellow for a Tropius when I got to Route 119.

Team:

Marshtomp Lv34
Tropius Lv34
Torkoal Lv34
Hariyama Lv33
Solrock Lv34
Manectric Lv33

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
Spr_3r_255.png

The start of a New Journey, the Hoenn Region.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8c/Spr_3r_255.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back