• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
It's a shame when roleplays don't last very long - but as long as people enjoy it whilst it lasts, it has served its purpose. It's often hard keeping people posting in time with story events - which is why SAO and PTA, sandboxy, roleplays tend to do well. Lots of players and nice and simple for new players to hop into the action.

Not to mention, at this time of year activity seems to go up and down a lot. Hopefully, closer to summer, roleplays will have a bit more longevity.

On another note, PokéLINK has one open spot :).

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@Skymin: Get yo' butt working on Cloud.
I'm glad you support me Kirk *cries*

Anyways, new question to spark conversation. Why do you guys think roleplays die here so often? I've begun to notice that even though they die a lot (By a lot, I'm mean way too much), many of the RPs' members are still here. Is it just lack of interest? Same story just gets old sometimes? What do you think it is?

(BTW, if a new Digimon RP were to be made, which universe would people want it to be based in? (For mechanics reasons.) Examples of course being: Adventure, Tamers, Data Squad, etc. Also, do you think set Digimon partners is a good idea or should the RPer get to choose?)
in my experience as a GM and player, I find interest seems to fizzle out over time, both for the GM and the members. but I think that's a good point, having an active chat to discuss plot. maybe that's why Atlantis has never died!

and digimon omg I am a-ok with anything tamers or adventures <3

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023

Regarding a digimon RP, I'd like to see one where we're humans but can turn into digimon now and then, either when necessary in the real world (sort of Tamers thingy) or maybe we'd be human in the real world and digimon form in the digital world. Instead of having a digimon partner, I mean.

Like in Frontier where they Spirit Evolved?

Regarding the digimon roleplay, I was toying around with the idea of a digimon roleplay in a Xros type world. I think letting people decide their partners will probably lead to the most fun just because it let's people be creative in making their characters, being limited to a couple different digimon sort of sucks, especially when someone takes the one you had in mind.

*Cries for not having kept up with Xros* I guess my only qualm with people choosing their own is that many would jump at the Digimon that were used in the animes. (Granted, that can always be something that isn't allowed.)

With the set Digimon, it would probably be something where that Digimon and it's line have something to do with the story. I would probably choose which Digimon goes to which character instead of them. That way it all depends on luck.

I'm glad you support me Kirk *cries*
It's what I'm here for, ahaha.

and digimon omg I am a-ok with anything tamers or adventures <3

Frontier too????

I guess there is always the possibility of using all Digivolution mechanics to a degree. In most cases, the real/digital worlds were the same, so it's really the only thing that honestly needs to be figured out.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
*Cries for not having kept up with Xros* I guess my only qualm with people choosing their own is that many would jump at the Digimon that were used in the animes. (Granted, that can always be something that isn't allowed.)

With the set Digimon, it would probably be something where that Digimon and it's line have something to do with the story. I would probably choose which Digimon goes to which character instead of them. That way it all depends on luck.

Its okay I didn't make it through xros either. lol The roleplay I was planning was just going to be closely based off ideas presented on the series, though fusing digimon is kind of cool for a roleplay.

You can take a middle path and just have some general theme for each sign up, like an angelic line, dragon line etc. Should prevent overuse of favorites, but still let's people pick and develop digimon to their presference .

Years
@Kranic - What's the problem with people wanting to use the same species that we have seen in the anime? I don't really think there's anything wrong with that. Personally I think allowing people to choose any rookie to be partnered with and then letting them put its line together following the wiki the way Fuyu did in their old RP is the way to go.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah kind of like frontier, though I never watched that series.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
... Xros wars is awesome though! Really later on it gets great but... that last episode... DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WATCH IT! It's... let's say this, in one simple scene near the end it s**ts on every other single season of digimon and sticks out the middle finger to the audience while doing it as well. If you value your nostalgia you will not watch that episode. Instead of watching it imagine a awesome scene of the last battle and there, that's the season finale. Trust me, your imagination will come up with far better scenes than the one they gave us.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Its okay I didn't make it through xros either. lol The roleplay I was planning was just going to be closely based off ideas presented on the series, though fusing digimon is kind of cool for a roleplay.

You can take a middle path and just have some general theme for each sign up, like an angelic line, dragon line etc. Should prevent overuse of favorites, but still let's people pick and develop digimon to their presference .

It would definitely be a good plot device and it would honestly force people to work together.

I actually started thinking about themes as well, though I went more along the lines of things like: the Royal Knights, Olympos XII, and even more broad ones such as mythical or animal.

@Kranic - What's the problem with people wanting to use the same species that we have seen in the anime? I don't really think there's anything wrong with that. Personally I think allowing people to choose any rookie to be partnered with and then letting them put its line together following the wiki the way Fuyu did in their old RP is the way to go.

It's more or less an originality deal. I've been leaning more towards this though due to the fact that one could probably make a general theme off the Digimon the RPers chose if I were to keep it related to the plot.

Yeah kind of like frontier, though I never watched that series.

Hmm...

... Xros wars is awesome though! Really later on it gets great but... that last episode... DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WATCH IT! It's... let's say this, in one simple scene near the end it s**ts on every other single season of digimon and sticks out the middle finger to the audience while doing it as well. If you value your nostalgia you will not watch that episode. Instead of watching it imagine a awesome scene of the last battle and there, that's the season finale. Trust me, your imagination will come up with far better scenes than the one they gave us.

I believe that was an episode someone linked me to. It looked cool but it was kinda... HOW?! WHY?!

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014

This is what I keep hearing about the last episode and I just wonder how someone could mess up such an easy concept as a multiseason teamup so terribly that it's a universal accepted that horrible.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
You don't want to know that answer... just be naive and don't watch it!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I didn't like Xros Wars... and tbh its mechanics would be the most confusing in a roleplay.

Let's not start debating about which series is better mind :<. Hands down, 1+2.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I didn't like Xros Wars... and tbh its mechanics would be the most confusing in a roleplay.

Let's not start debating about which series is better mind :<. Hands down, 1+2.

I agree about its mechanics being confusing and how you know, 1 and 2 are the best.

I think Adventure/Tamers would be the best mechanics-wise. (At least for what I'm doing.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh lord this RPChallenge sounds so much fun. ABERDEEN AND CHRISTINA WILL GET IT ON.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, I'm not sure how else to put it, but... I'm leaving PC, and roleplaying as a whole; for good this time. I am sad to go, but my life needs to take a new direction, and my free time is being devoted to other things. So, with a rather heavy heart, I wish you all well and hope the Corner keeps running well for many years to come.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Well, I'm not sure how else to put it, but... I'm leaving PC, and roleplaying as a whole; for good this time. I am sad to go, but my life needs to take a new direction, and my free time is being devoted to other things. So, with a rather heavy heart, I wish you all well and hope the Corner keeps running well for many years to come.

So sad to read... :( I hope you find what you're looking for :)

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I'm sorry to hear that Dusk, but good luck with your endeavors.

Sopheria O.O that avatar is so great I lurrrrvvvvvvvvvvve it

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years

See ya' later, man. As much as I like to joke about this, you're supposed to let life get in the way of RPing, but never let RPing get in the way of life. Hope you find what you're looking for, whatever it may be.

---​

I want to gauge interest for two things; Firstly, would someone be interested in a setting similar to Steins;Gate or Robotics;Notes?

Practically I have an idea in mind that could practically be said to be something similar to these two in terms of the usage of science somehow as well as a somewhat slow pickup and conspiracies and all the base components you can take from these shows without too much detail into what makes it it's own. It's likely to take place in a high school, and will mostly revolve around the daily activities of the characters until it loses more of it's sandbox element after a time-skip and we begin the actual plot. I just need to know if anyone would have the inspiration to keep it going.

Secondly, would anyone be interested to a system during the day similar to Persona 3?

I haven't played 4 so I don't know if there's improvements or differences, but practically a Morning -> School/Lunch -> Afterschool -> Evening -> Dark Hour Morning [again] sort of system, where in each one a separate set of interactions would occur [and JPs would probably be encouraged]. I think it could prove to be efficient in terms of moving through days quicker besides time skips; maybe a set amount of days for each transition and stuff. Just a way to generally keep track of time.

Years
Hey guys ^^' Sorry I haven't been all that active here lately xD

And, I actually like that idea, Kenneth. It'd keep things nice and clean/organized, and would give people a set amount of time to post.

Also, I'm about to post my roleplay idea that I mentioned a while back owo (The one with the Dragons and Dragon Slayers c: )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back