• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    What I would like is for my own rpers to post once a week, at the least. In a way yes, it can be discouraging when you set up a rp and it's two weeks before someone posts, but at the same time it has to be understood that people have other priorities. Could very well be their lives get so busy that this is one of the things they can brush under the carpet.

Of course with jps and all I'm fine with those as long as I see my rpers hanging out and getting to know each other's characters. Sometimes such jps take at least a week to finish and I'm fine with that, the only thing that tends to happen in such cases is that in that week anyone not in a jp tends to get bored and often I do see rpers drift away in such cases.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • A post a week would be ideal, but I'm not too picky as long as someone maintains their activity once every two or three weeks. I know all too well how busy life can get, especially when a big project comes in (yay college midterms/finals). Personally, I do like having an active OOC, as I believe it can help develop new ideas and can give an opportunity to answer any questions about the RP that may pop up.

Years
  • As far as my RPs go, I like a post a week if possible. I realise though that it isn't always that easy and there are plenty of times I haven't even been able to fit my own quota. My general rule is that you aim to post once a week but that leniency will be given when required.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • I'm terribly sorry about my absence, guys. I've been out of practice in terms of posting, and my computer is still wazzing out. However, I will have dependable access to a computer soon. As in I might be able to post tonight. We'll see. I'd hate to leave again.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Just wanted to let everyone know I am back :) have had a huge workload lately for college that's taken up a lot of time but I've got time now

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Hello, fellow RPers. I'm fairly new to the forum, but I've just been looking around the RP section, and knowing this is a completely different deal than Bulbagarden. Anyway, it's nice to meet you all.

I'd like to RP here sometime soon, but I'll have to learn more about how it's done around here. I do, however, have some ideas in case anyone wants to steal them. ;P Warning, most of these aren't really well thought out, but they're just out there for someone to ponder over.

One of which, being an RP where Champions of each region have to take down enraged, berserk legendary Pokemon. Another, being an organization using Darkrai to possibly control people and Pokemon through their fears, or something along those lines.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    First off, Murkmire, welcome to the RPC! PC's RP forum is, in fact, much different from nearly every other forum, and the main difference is that all RPs have to go through a review process before they can be accepted. We also have a "minimum length" rule for posts. You can find quite a few guides in the Rules thread, and get some feedback on your ideas in the Official Planning & Review thread for making an acceptable RP and enjoyable posts. They can also help you make your thread look pretty. :3

I like your RP idea—it could be fun getting the most elite of Pokémon trainers to work together, especially with some drastically different personalities—but it would need some work in the fact that legendary Pokémon are kind of... godly. Two of them are the rulers of space and time; the Hoenn trio has dominion over land, sea and sky; one lives in an alternate dimension; one can destroy all life; one created the universe... you get the idea. It'd be a pain to try stopping an enraged Arceus.

However, before you get into launching an RP of your own, many of us suggest joining some RPs that already exist, like the Pokémon Trainer Academy, Johto Mysteries, NetOps (if you like Megaman), or the Vale Institute of Magic. It'll help you get to know the other players, make some friends, and build up a reputation for yourself so that when you finally launch your own RP, other players know how reliable you are in making posts, your ability as a writer, and how well you can cooperate with other players.

Lastly, another welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Oh, wonderful! Thank you for the warm welcome. :3 Also, I do need to read the rules again. I tried to familiarize myself before even thinking about joining an RP. And actually, I hate trying to run RPs of my own. So, I like to help those having trouble making plots with my own ideas. ;P

I can understand the part about Pokemon like Arceus highly unlikely to go berserk, but I'm sure the good people reading this needing an RP idea can work out the kinks. ;P

Lastly, I was thoroughly interested in the Pokemon Trainer Academy... I may take a look at it, and maybe even attempt a sign-up. Again, thank you for the welcome.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Welcome to the RPC! it's nice to have new members. we're all very friendly, i swear. have a wonderful time! :)

also just a question: does anyone here read atlantis awakening? or for that matter read rps that you don't participate in?

im curious since atlantis' plot has been super picking up lately with lots of exciting plot twists and i'd love to know if we have any fans d:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I AM ALWAYS A FAN OF ATLANTIS, MADDY but I don't read it much no ._. maybe I should. And then join again.

Years
  • @Skymin - I have tried to get into reading Atlantis several times because of the awesome characters and plot but I just can't seem to push through it. Probably cause there's a lot of long posts in different writing styles etc etc. I tend not to read other RPs just because they're harder to read through than a book.

In saying that, there was this RP a while back about pokemon trainers being shipwrecked, I really enjoyed reading that. For memory Sir Bastion was in it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    NOTICE:

Could the participants in Johto Mysteries check the OOC thread please?
    I posted a very importnt notice in there.

Figured I'd leave a reminder here as well, in case you guys check the discussions first.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • also just a question: does anyone here read atlantis awakening? or for that matter read rps that you don't participate in?

I like to take the occasional glance into roleplays I'm not involved in, usually if I enjoyed the premise when it was looking for new players but I didn't have the opportunity to actually join. It's rare for me to read through an entire roleplay though unless it's in its infancy with only a dozen odd post. Still, I have read through entire roleplays before and I usually enjoy it. It's great when you're looking for inspiration or just to kill time. Some people are so imaginative.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I follow a few roleplays loosely, normally because they are roleplays I would have joined if not too busy at the time / whatever. I tend not to follow in detail though, and read every post, but the GM posts and maybe one or two characters who I like :3.

Ibraihim the Betrayed

You are not prepared...
    Years
  • I really want to join a RP from the very beginning (I've asked to be reserved for Crimson Dawn but it's already started, not that I mind only 3 posts in the actual thread but still :P) so could somebody please PM me if they start up a new roleplay? That'd be absolutely brilliant, thanks.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I really want to join a RP from the very beginning (I've asked to be reserved for Crimson Dawn but it's already started, not that I mind only 3 posts in the actual thread but still :P) so could somebody please PM me if they start up a new roleplay? That'd be absolutely brilliant, thanks.
    What kind of RP are you interested in? Pokémon or otherwise? :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I honestly don't mind. It's been a while since I've RP'd so I just want to get straight back into it.

I miss roleplaying. :(
    It's forum RPing you've done before, then? With long text-y posts like we do here? I see that you want to join a RP from the beginning, but if you could loosen that wish a bit I'd recommend trying to join Hoenn Diaries (trainer travelling) or Shattered Era (pokémon warring). They should be easy enough to jump into if the GM helps you a bit with recap. I've been partaking a little in both and the GMs are great and helpful!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Though shattered era is over. So no there is no reservations or chances of joining SE. :P Try for Hoenn Diaries instead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back