• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Adventures of Kochou and the Beautiflies

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
  • I wanted it to be both a tribute to Jem and a Pokemon world version of Jem....I'm gonna work on spreading out the songs more (so those that get annoyed by lots of singing wouldn't jump on me)

Next: Mysterious De-transformation!

EmeraldSky

Years
  • (an instrumental of "Only the Beginning" begins as the word "Previously..." appears onscreen)

Niji(voiceover): Previously, on "Kochou and the Beautiflies..."

(We see shots of the Battle Frontier)

Niji(voiceover): We've arrived in the Battle Frontier for the annual Music Awards, where we're the favorites to win Best New Act! (we see scenes of different bands performing in the Frontier.) Amazingly enough, one of the Brains is actually a very good bassist! (we see a shot of Anabel playing while Kochou listens) Anabel wanted to escape the drudgery of the Frontier and become a star, so I gave her the ring she needed to do that! She transformed into Aiirochou, our new bassist. (we see Anabel transforming). However, we had to give her a little explanation when the Rockets tried to scale the Battle Tower and take over the Frontier. (we see people panicking as the Rockets appear at the top of the Tower.) Thanks to some quick thinking, Kochou used Pikachu to scare them away, and our pre awards show performance went on without a hitch. (we see the band performing)

However, the Rockets are still determined to ruin us somehow....I have a feeling they're the ones making Kochou de-transform...

(upbeat music begins as we see the title)

Me and my friends are Beautiflies!

Kochou: Hey! My name is Kochou!

Exciting adventures, glamour and fame!

Kochou: Now a Beautifly, never the same!

Come on, take flight and fly away now!

Kochou: Hey! My name is Kochou! (Kochou poses with his bandmates, Misty, and Niji before the title, which is lit up like a neon sign)

Episode 15: There's My Samurai!

(We open on the scene of a Rocket base sitting on a mountain overlooking the Battle Frontier. A satellite dish sits at the top of the base, pointed in the direction of the Frontier.)

(We see Kage leading Yami up to the top room of the base, where various machines are covered up and turned off. Some furniture is also scattered throughout the room, but there's enough room for the base's occupants to move around and get to the various machines.)

Kage: Here we are...our very own base, complete with a great view of the Battle Frontier!

Yami: Wow...I can see the whole Frontier from here...including where Beauty-boy is! (she reaches for a telescope and looks across the water, where she sees Kochou and band signing autographs)

Meowth: I knew you guys would like da view here, so dat's why I picked dis spot for the base!

(music begins)

Meowth: Dis is da place where we belong,
    Up at da top, rising on a song...
    (we see Meowth riding a music note through the clouds)
    You oughta see da view from here,
    It's fabulous!
    (and so are we)

Kage: You oughta see how things appear,
    When you are up in the stratosphere....
    (We see the base atop some clouds)
    You oughta hear how the people cheer,
    When you are fabulous... like us!
    (we see the Rockets greeting cheering fans)

Yami: We feel right at home,
    Lookin' down on those below...
    All you little people with your dreams so small...

(We are totally above it all)

Kage, Yami, and Meowth: You oughta see how things appear,
    When you are up in the stratosphere....
    You oughtta hear how the people cheer,
    When you are fabulous, like us!

You oughta see how things appear,
    When you are up in the stratosphere...
    You oughtta hear how the people cheer,
    When you are fabulous, like us!

You oughta see how things appear,
    (things appear)
    When you are up in the stratosphere... (stratosphere)
    You oughta hear the people cheer, (people cheer)
    When you are fabulous, (fabulous)
    Like us! (You oughta see how things appear)

(The Rockets laugh as the song ends)

Yami: Thank you! (bows to an imaginary audience)

Kage: Anyway...I have something that could unmask Kochou and disband his Beauty-band!

Yami: Oh? What is it?

Kage: Presenting the Disguise Revealer 3000! (unveils the covered machine by Yami's chair, which is the same machine the satellite dish is connected to) My latest invention, and Meowth helped me make it!

Yami: How's it work?

Kage: First, you find the disguised person or object you want to unmask... (he focuses the radar on Kochou) lock on... (he locks on to Kochou) and fire! (Kage presses a big green button by the rader screen, which makes a blue laser beam come from the satellite dish...)

(Meanwhile, Kochou and co. are about ready to return to their trailer...)

Kochou: All that signing is hard work! (pockets his pen and stretches) I'm ready to relax before the awards ceremony if you guys are. (before Kochou can say any more, he hears a low hum in the distance) What's that?

Ierochou: Look out! (the Beautiflies jump out of the way as the laser beam hits, engulfing Kochou in light)

(Back at the Rocket base, Kage notes that the laser hit its target)

Kage: Now that the laser has hit its target, the target's disguise will start to unravel piece by piece...

(Kochou weakly stands up, still dazed from the laser blast...until he notices that his shoes and legs have returned to Ash's clothing)

Kochou: Wha...how am I turning back into Ash? (Kochou's jacket and shirt turn into Ash's shirt in a flash of purple)

Akaichou: You didn't sing 'Where's my samurai', did you?

Kochou(in Ash's voice): No, I didn't... (Kochou's hair shortens and turns black, then he shrinks down to Ash's height, completing his de-transformation.)

Midorichou: Maybe it was that laser that did it?

Ash: The last thing I remember was being hit by a blue light...

Mizuirochou: Come on, transform back! Your fans can't see you like this!

Niji: Try and transform into Kochou again!

Ash: Okay... (holds his hand in the air, then sings in a noticeably older sounding voice): Ai-yai-yai, I'm your little Beautifly! (Ash's hand begins to glow) Green, black, and blue; make the colors in the sky!

(MUSIC-"Beautifly" (instrumental))

(We see a glowing outline of Ash's body against the background of Beautifly wings. As Ash hangs in this position, his torso begins to glow purple, and a silver and purple shirt appears on him. Next, a checkered jacket appears over that in a flash of purple. Next, we look at Ash's legs as sparkling black pants appear on his legs in a flash of blue, and silver shoes appear on his feet. The view next shifts to Ash's head, where we see his eyes finally open. His normally black hair begins to lengthen and turn silver. A white rose appears in the right pocket of the jacket, which the young man holds in one hand as he poses for the audience.)

(Music cut)

(Back at the base, Yami clambors to get a glimpse of who Kochou really is)

Yami: Well? Who IS Kochou, anyway?

Kage: I can't see anything, the Beautiflies are covering him up! (gasps as he sees a flash of purple on the screen, revealing Kochou again) Wha?

Meowth: What's da matter?

Kage: Beauty-boy just transformed again! (checks a few settings again) I'm putting the laser on stealth mode...this way, Kochou won't see it coming, and he'll de-transform without any warning! (sets the laser to "STEALTH")

Meowth: However--

Kage(interrupting Meowth): However, the Beauty-band won't know until it's too late! (fires the laser....)

(Back with the gang...)

Kochou: I don't know why I just de-transformed like that....

Aiirochou: Uh, Kochou... (Kochou looks down to see that he's half Ash, and half Kochou. Niji sighs as the last of Kochou's outfit disappears, revealing Ash)

Ash: Niji, isn't there a way I can quickly turn back into Kochou in case this happens again?

Niji: As a matter of fact, yes....(she circles around Ash's head and does a loop, making a small perfume spray bottle appear in Ash's hands)

Ash: Perfume?

Niji: Not just any perfume...it's my special essence of fruit and flowers that will turn you back to Kochou in no time flat! Just spray it on you and you'll transform!

Ash: Okay... (spritzes some of the perfume on his arms, making his body glow)

(We see a glowing outline of Ash's body against the background of Beautifly wings. As Ash hangs in this position, his torso begins to glow purple, and a silver and purple shirt appears on him. Next, a checkered jacket appears over that in a flash of purple. Next, we look at Ash's legs as sparkling black pants appear on his legs in a flash of blue, and silver shoes appear on his feet. The view next shifts to Ash's head, where we see his eyes finally open. His normally black hair begins to lengthen and turn silver. A white rose appears in the right pocket of the jacket, which the young man holds in one hand as he poses for the audience.)

(Music cut)

Mizuirochou: Cool!

Midorichou: Can I have some too, just in case?

Niji: I have plenty to go around! (circles around everyone's heads and does a loop, making five more identical spray bottles appear with the gang) There you go...now let's get back to our trailer.

(A bizzare scene unfolds on the street--Kochou becomes Ash in a flash of blue, and Ash sprays on his perfume, making Kochou reappears in a flash of purple, only to become Ash again in a flash of blue)

(Several hours later, in the trailer...)

Ierochou: Why is Kochou just de-transforming like this, and without singing 'Where's my samurai?"

Akaichou: If Misty saw this happen, she'd figure out that Ash and Kochou are one and the same!

Midorichou: Not good...(he looks off in the direction of the island with the Rocket base) Maybe...the de-transformation agent is coming from that base out there? (points out the base.

Aiirochou: Sounds plausible, but who's going to scope it out while the rest of us are at the awards? (Kochou de-transforms while Aiirochou is talking, he quickly sprays on some perfume to become Kochou again, just as Misty walks in the room.) Oh, hi, Misty...

Misty: I came to wish Kochou luck at the awards tonight. (gives Kochou a hug)

Kochou: Thanks, Misty...

Misty: Got your speech planned if you win anything?

Kochou: I rehearsed it with Niji in front of the bathroom mirror...and we've rehearsed all our songs that are nominated for Best Song and Best Cover.

Niji: I told him to keep it quick and not bore everybody with a two hour lecture.

Misty: Okay...see you tonight. (hugs Kochou again and departs.)

Niji: I can probably fly over to the base and shut down whatever is causing Kochou to de-transform while you guys get ready...(flits over to the window)

Akaichou: Sounds good!

Aiirochou: Be careful, Niji.

Midorichou: Good luck! (waves goodbye as Niji flies off to the base...)

(At the theater, we see a montage of various acts getting awards, until we cut to Kochou and the band in the wings)

Mizuirochou: I'm so excited!

Midorichou: Just keep your celebration tame if we do get an award.... (notices Kochou de-transforming. When Ash emerges, he sprays on the perfume, making him become Kochou again)

(Inside the Rocket base, Niji notices that the three Rockets are asleep before the detransformation machine. She flies over to the battery compartment, opens it, and is about to remove them when she sees Meowth stirring--but he's only changing postions, much to Niji's relief. After some struggle, she removes the batteries, tosses them in the trash, and unplugs the machine for good measure. Her handiwork complete, she flies away, seconds before Yami wakes up!)

Yami: Ah, nothing like a quick nap before exposing Beauty-boy... (presses the button to fire the laser...but nothing happens.) Huh? (presses the button again and again)

(Back in the theater...)

Host: And the winner of Best New Act is...Kochou and the Beautiflies! (the crowd roars)

Kochou(offstage): Ai-yai-yai, I'm your little Beautifly!

(music picks up as the band appears onstage to the cheers of the crowd)

Kochou: I've been searching for a man,
    All across Japan,
    Just to find, to find my samurai...
    someone who is strong,
    And still a little shy,
    Yes, I need, I need my samurai...

Ai-yai-yai, I'm your little Beautifly!
    Green, black,and blue; make the colors in the sky!

Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai...

Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai...

Where's my samu-samu-samu--
    Where's my samurai?

(Amazingly, Kochou doesn't de-transform as he sings that line. The crowd roars as he leads the band into a dance break)

Kochou: I've been searching in the woods,
    And high upon the hills,
    Just to find, to find my samurai...
    Someone who won't regret,
    To keep me in his net,
    Yes, I need; I need my samurai...

Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai...

Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai...

Others: Where's my samurai? (the crowd roars with applause)

Kochou: Thank you! I especially want to thank you guys for the awards...because without you guys, we wouldn't be here! (the crowd roars again as Kochou sets aside the music note trophy and returns to his guitar and mike) So, here's a song for all our fans and fellow bands... (snaps to count Midorichou off)

(music begins)

Kochou: Have you heard the latest word?
    They're playin' it every place!
    Rockin and a reelin,
    Reelin and rockin,
    Shakin up the human race!

Kochou and others: Rock n' roll forever!
    Rock n' roll forever!
    Rock n roll's here to stay, hey!
    Rock n' roll forever!
    Rock n' roll forever!

Kochou: No matter what they say!
    Kids all around adore the sound,
    Settin the world aflame!
    Rockin and a reelin,
    Reelin and rockin,
    Nothin's gonna be the same!

Rock n' roll forever!
    Rock n roll's here to stay, yeah!
    Rock n roll forever!
    Rock n' roll forever!

Rock n' roll forever!
    Rock n roll's here to stay, yeah!
    Rock n roll forever!
    Rock n' roll forever!

Kochou and others: Rock n' roll forever, Rock n' roll forever,
    Rock n' roll forever!
    (the crowd roars as the gang starts another song...)

(An instrumental of "When Tomorrow Comes" plays as the word "Next..." appears onscreen)

Mizuirochou(voiceover): Next time, on "Kochou and the Beautiflies"...

(we see the gang exploring Celadon City)

Mizuirochou(voiceover): We're back in Celadon City again, this time to give our regards to Broadway! (we see Kochou singing for a woman and her staff). However, I think Kochou's got Misty on his mind more than his public...understandable when you're in love. (we see Kochou singing again) The Rockets, meanwhile, are determined to find out who Kochou really is, but when thier usual ploy doesn't work (we see Kage, Yami, and Meowth in disguise) they pull the old "Misty is waiting" ploy, which jeopardizes our chance of being onstage, cause we can't play without Kochou! (we see Kochou riding a Pidgeot) Can he get to the theater in time for us to play? Stay tuned for all the excitement...and maybe some romance too. (we see Kochou and Misty kissing)

EmeraldSky

Years
  • (an instrumental of "Only the Beginning" plays as "Previously..." appears onscreen)

Niji(voiceover): Previously, on "Kochou and the Beautiflies"...

(we see Kochou accepting an award)

Niji(voiceover): The Rock Music Awards are underway, but Kochou was somehow de-transforming without singing the magic words. (we see Kochou de-transforming back to Ash) We knew that if Misty or his fans knew who Kochou actually was, we'd be ruined! (we see more shots of Kochou de-transforming.) To remedy this, I gave Ash and the others some of my magical essence--one spray and you're back to your superstar form! (we see Ash spraying on some perfume, making him turn back into Kochou) Armed with that, he performed at the award ceremony with no problem. (we see Kochou and the band performing) Meanwhile, I figured that the Rockets were making Kochou de-transform, and I disabled their de-transformation machine so they couldn't do it again. (we see Niji unplugging an odd machine)

Today, we're back in Celadon City--to give our regards to Broadway!

Kochou: Hey! My name is Kochou! (Kochou poses with his bandmates, Misty, and Niji before the title, which is lit up like a neon sign)

Episode 16: Beautiflies and Dolls

(We open on a view of Celadon City in the morning, complete with the sunshine beaming off the windows of the various buildings. A light breeze makes the flags on the Department Store flutter...but we look in on one particular building in particular not too far away from the Department Store, where we see a brown haired girl seated at a desk, chattering on the phone)

Girl(on the phone): Okay, thanks. Bye. (she hangs up with a sigh.) What are we going to do? The World of Broadway spectacular is due to open in a few days, but there's something missing....

Staff member #1: What do you think's missing, Miss Rubina?

Staff member #2: We've got the best set designs...

Rubina: No...

Staff member #2: The top actors...

Rubina: No, that's not what I'm thinking either...

Staff member #2: State of the art special effects...

Rubina: Definitely not!

Staff member #2: Maybe the music's not to your liking?

Rubina: Yes!

Both staff members: Huh?

Rubina: Yes! Music! That's what I'm thinking the show needs!

Staff member #1: What do you mean, Rubina? Just say the word and we'll get the orchestra ready!

Rubina: Forget the orchestra, I'm hoping the show will give some of today's hottest bands a chance to shine!

Staff member #2: Pop music?

Rubina: Why not? Not only would it introduce a whole new generation to the Broadway stage, but also showcase the pop scene's top bands!

Staff member #1: I'll see if I can get in touch with a few of them... (he dashes to a second phone and starts calling a number)

Rubina: Just give me a report when I get back from lunch, okay? (the staff member nods as Rubina grabs a red beret from a hat stand by her office's entryway and puts it on. The staff members continue to dial random numbers on their respective phones.)

(Meanwhile, Ash and the gang are walking along Celadon's main drag taking in the scenery, several shopping bags in tow. Crystal's pile of bags is especially large.)

Misty: Did you really have to buy all that, Crystal?

Crystal: Well, both pairs of shoes went with the shirt, so I got them both; plus the belt was cute, so I couldn't resist getting that... (everyone rolls their eyes as Crystal rambles on)

Brock: I at least got my watch fixed... (admires a black digital watch on his right arm)

May: I just got some nice shoes. (shows off a pair of tennis shoes)

Niji: Well, while you guys were shopping for clothes, I shopped for a few new transformation items--(Niji is cut off by the notes of "Beautifly") Huh?

Misty: That would be my cell phone.... (grabs a blue cell phone clipped by her leg and answers it) Hello...mm-hmm...yeah...oh?...yeah! We'd love to!....okay...uh-huh...all right, we'll be right there! (hangs up)

Whitney: Who was it?

Misty: Someone calling for a Rubina Hinote...(Anabel is shocked by the name)

Anabel: No way! THE Rubina Hinote?

Misty: Yes, THE Rubina Hinote...she wants Kochou and the Beautiflies to appear in the World of Broadway spectacular that she's directing...

Whitney: Really???

Brock: Rubina's one of the greatest directors in the theater biz today, especially when you consider that she's been directing since she was Ash's age!

Anabel: I hear anything directed by her is destined to sell out!

Misty: Well, I told the staff member that called they'd be right over...so while you guys are watching them perform, I'm gonna go look around in the historic district. (she disappears down another sidewalk.)

Whitney: You were saying, Niji?

Niji: Oh yes...the new transformation items I got for you, May, Brock, Crystal, and Anabel... (she circles above everyone's head and does a loop, making colored balls with the etching of Beautifly wings drop before the gang, as well as the gang's rings turning into nicer looking rings)

May: Wow!

Crystal: Our rings look nicer! (admires her new ring)

Anabel: Thanks, Niji! (puts her new ring on)

Niji: Now...the rings and balls together trigger the transformation...touch your ring to trigger the magic, like before, but this time, say "Take fight, your color wing!" to charge the ball with the magic. Once it's charged, stick the ball inside a belt to release the magic and start the transformation.

Whitney: Sounds neat!

Crystal: Lemme try it first! (she touches her ring, triggering a techno beat.)

(We see Crystal before a background of aqua Beautifly wings. She holds her ball high and calls "Take flight, Aqua Wing!", which makes the ball glow with a bright aqua light. A white belt appears on Crystal, which she sticks the ball into. Crystal is engulfed in a bright aqua light, leaving her in a aqua bathing suit-like outfit with a black stripe at the top. Crystal snaps twice, making an aqua vest appear on her. After grooving to the background music a bit, a matching skirt appears in a flash of aqua light and Beautifly wings. Finally, some silver sandals studded in sapphires appear on her feet, an aqua outline of a Beautifly appears on the back of the vest, her hair is magically braided, and a harmonica appears in her hand.)

Mizuirochou: Haeru wingu, Mizuirochou yo!

Anabel: Whoa...

Ash: Lookin' good, Mizuirochou!

May: My turn! (she touches her ring, triggering a techno beat.)

(We see May before a background of red Beautifly wings. She holds her ball high and calls "Take flight, Red Wing!", which makes the ball glow with a bright red light. A white belt appears on May, which she sticks the ball into. May is engulfed in a bright red light, leaving her in a red bathing suit-like outfit with a black stripe at the top. May snaps twice, making a red vest appear on her. After grooving to the background music a bit, a matching skirt appears in a flash of red light and Beautifly wings. Finally, some red high heels appear on her feet, an red outline of a Beautifly appears on the back of the vest, her hair turns red, and an electric guitar appears in her hand.)

Akaichou: Haeru wingu, Akaichou yo!

Brock: Don't tell me my new transformation looks like that...

Niji: There's only one way to find out!

(Brock touches his ring, triggering a techno beat.)

(We see Brock before a background of green Beautifly wings. He holds his ball high and calls "Take flight, Green Wing!", which makes the ball glow with a bright green, which he sticks the into the spot in his belt reserved for a buckle. Brock is engulfed in a bright green light, leaving a glowing green outline of his lower body, while his green shirt remains on his top half. Brock snaps twice, making a light green vest appear on him. After grooving to the background music a bit, some black pants with a dark green stripe appear on his lower half in a flash of green light and Beautifly wings. Finally, some golden shoes studded in emeralds appear on his feet, an darker green outline of a Beautifly appears on the back of the vest, his hair turns black, and a pair of drum sticks appear in his hand.)

Midorichou: Haeru wingu, Midorichou yo!

Niji: Now, that wasn't so bad, now was it?

Midorichou: Was the cool music part of the package? (everyone laughs as Midorichou repeats his dance to the transformation music)

Whitnwy: I'm going next! (she touches her ring, triggering a techno beat.)

(We see Whitney before a background of yellow Beautifly wings. She holds her ball high and calls "Take flight, Yellow Wing!", which makes the ball glow with a bright yellow light. A white belt appears on Whitney, which she sticks the ball into. Whitney is engulfed in a bright yellow light, leaving her in a yellow bathing suit-like outfit with a black stripe at the top. Whitney snaps twice, making a yellow vest appear on her. After grooving to the background music a bit, a matching skirt appears in a flash of yellow light and Beautifly wings. Finally, some small yellow boots appear on her feet, an yellow outline of a Beautifly appears on the back of the vest, her hair turns yellow and puts itself up in a ponytail, and the entire outfit gains sparkles.)

Ierochou: Haeru wingu, Ierochou yo!

Anabel: This looks nice... (she touches her ring, triggering a techno beat.)

(We see Anabel before a background of indigo Beautifly wings. She holds her ball high and calls "Take flight, Indigo Wing!", which makes the ball glow with a bright indigo light. A white belt appears on Anabel, which she sticks the ball into. Anabel is engulfed in a bright indigo light, leaving her in a indigo bathing suit-like outfit with a black stripe at the top. Anabel snaps twice, making an indigo vest appear on her. After grooving to the background music a bit, a matching skirt appears in a flash of indigo light and Beautifly wings. Finally, some indigo shoes appear on her feet, an indigo outline of a Beautifly appears on the back of the vest, her hair lengthens, and a bass guitar appears in her hand.)

Aiirochou: Haeru wingu, Aiirochou yo!

Niji: Your turn, Ash...

Ash(holds his hand in the air, then sings in a noticeably older sounding voice): Ai-yai-yai, I'm your little Beautifly! (Ash's hand begins to glow) Green, black, and blue; make the colors in the sky!

(Music cut)

Niji: Come on, guys...lets go pay Miss Hinote a visit... (she leads the gang down the street)

(Meanwhile, Rubina and her staff are clearing a stage for the next band. Judging from the look on Rubina's face, she hasn't heard very many good bands)

Rubina: THIS is the top talent on the pop scene? There has to be a better band out there!

Kochou(offscreen): Can we take a turn playing a song?

(Rubina whirls around to see Kochou and the gang onstage with their instruments.)

Rubina: Well, if it isn't Kochou and the Beautiflies!

Staff member: I heard that they're getting close to finishing their next CD!

Kochou: If you don't mind, we'd like to play a cut from our new album as our audition. (gives his guitar a light strum for emphasis)

Rubina: Of course you can play! (she settles in her seat with her staff) Start playing whenever you're ready.

(Kochou snaps to count Midorichou off, making a pop beat fill the air)

Kochou: Do you know what you are missing?
    Till you stop to realize...
    (to realize)
    Life is sweeter than what you are living,
    And tears become the ultimate prize...

The pictures you paint are of one dimension,
    The rules that you play are a matter of fact!
    Keep comin' round with the same old story,
    Tired of stories...
    (tired of stories!)

Others: Let me be the one!

Kochou: To take you on a wild ride,

Kochou: To show you to the other side,

Kochou: To lift you right up off the ground,

Kochou: Let me be the one, the one, the one!

(Rubina smiles as Mizuirochou appears in a spotlight with a saxophone, which she solos on for a moment before Midorichou decides to solo. After the drums and saxophone trade solos, Kochou sings again.)

Kochou: Imagine if you took a moment,
    Imagine what your life could be...
    Then you would see the bigger picture,
    Which would become reality!

The pictures you paint are of one dimension,
    The rules that you play are a matter of fact!
    Keep comin' round with the same old story,
    Tired of stories...
    (tired of stories!)

Kochou: To take you on a wild ride,

Kochou: To show you to the other side,

Kochou: To lift you right up off the ground,

Kochou: Let me be...

Kochou: The one!

Kochou and others: Let me be the one! (Rubina and her staff applaud as Kochou bows)

Rubina: Bravo!

Staff members: Encore!

Rubina: You guys are just the band I'm looking for!

Yami(offscreen): But what about us?

(Kochou and the others gasp as the Rockets appear with their instruments, ready to play)

Kochou: Team Rocket!

Yami: To protect the music from devastation...

Kage: And write the song about our nation...

Yami: To sing of the evils of truth and love...

Kage: Our voices will reach to the stars above...

Yami: Yami!

Kage: Kage!

Yami: Team Rocket! Rock on at the speed of light! (an R in a music note appears behind Yami and Kage)

Kage: So start singing your finale, or prepare to fight.

Meowth: Meowth! You are so right!

Rubina: Interesting....catch phrase...

Kage: How bout it, Miss Rubina....can we play for you?

Rubina: Of course you can play, but I only have space for two callbacks...so both you guys and Kochou got them...

Meowth: Hear dat? We got a callback! (Kage smiles)

Rubina: However...I can only choose the better callback performance for the show...so pick your song carefully. Meet with me tonight, both of you, for the callback. (Kochou, the others, and the Rockets turn to leave.)

(We see the Rockets in their underground hideway in the Game Corner. Yami relaxes on a couch, with Meowth snoozing on her stomach. Kage paces the floor, deep in thought about something.)

Yami: How do you think our callback went?

Kage: I think we did rather well...but Rubina told us that she'll announce her choice on Sora Leonknight's show tomorrow afternoon, okay? (Just then, Meowth wakes up and climbs off Yami's stomach) What is it, Meowth?

Meowth: Sometin' I've been tinking about for a while... (looks at a magazine with Kochou on the cover) Just who is Kochou, really?

Kage: Please, let's not try and expose him again...remember when the disguise revealer broke down?

Yami: Meowth does have a point, you know....

(music begins)

Meowth: He acts like a king, (we see Kochou as a king)
    If you know what I mean,
    But he's in for a big surprise...
    (Who is he?)

Yami: He thinks he's the best, (we see Kochou singing)
    But I'm not impressed, (we see Yami in the audience at Kochou's show, looking obviously bored)
    And I'm gonna cut him down to size! (Who is he?)

Kage, Yami, and Meowth: Who is he, anyway?
    He ain't so fine...
    (Who is he?)
    Who is he, anyway? (we see an outline of Kochou with a purple question mark inside)
    What's he got that's better than mine?

Kage: Faith and hope, and brotherly love, (we see Kochou singing, with hearts, shaking hands, doves, and peace signs symbolizing the words)
    Is all he talks about! (Who is he?)

Yami: I can't cope with all his heart tuggin', (we see a chibi Kochou pulling at a heart, presumably Yami's)
    It makes me want to scream and shout! (Who is he?)

Kage, Yami, and Meowth: Who is he, anyway?
    He ain't so fine...
    (Who is he?)
    Who is he, anyway?

(Who is he, anyway?)
    (Who is he anyway?)
    Who is he? (we see the outline of Kochou with a question mark inside)
    (The Rockets sigh in frustration as the song ends)

Yami: Come on, guys...let's get some sleep... (she trudges to a bed, changes into a nightie, and climbs inside.)

Kage: Good idea...we have a big day tomorrow... (puts on his own pajamas and climbs in a bed. Meowth curls up in a basket by Kage's bed)

Meowth: 'Night, Kage...

Yami: Night...

Kage: Sweet dreams, guys...(turns the light off, making the screen go black for a few seconds.)

(Elsewhere, Rubina and her staff prepare to listen to Kochou's callback audition.)

Rubina: Okay, guys...just play your best, and you'll know if you were chosen on tomorrow's episode of "The Sora Leonknight Show", okay?

Kochou, et al: Okay...

Akaichou: Sora Leonknight? Isn't he Misty's favorite talk show host?

Mizuirochou: That's right...

Ierochou: Misty says that she likes his show because he doesn't get all raunchy like other talk show hosts do...

Kochou: Speaking of Misty....I wonder if she's doing okay tonight...(motions to Midorichou, who starts a slow, relaxed beat. Ierochou joins in on keyboards a few minutes later)

(a blue spotlight appears on Kochou)

Kochou: I've been tryin' oh so long, to let you know,
    Let you know how I feel....
    So if I stumble, if I fall, just help me back;
    So I can make you see...

Please give me one more night, give me that one more night,
    Oh, one more night, 'cause I can't wait forever!
    (ooh ooh ooh...)
    Please give me one more night, just give me that one more night,
    Oh, one more night, 'cause I can't wait forever!
    (ooh ooh ooh...)

I've been sitting here so long, just wasting time...
    Just staring at the phone...
    I was wondering, should I call you...then I thought...
    Maybe you're not alone!

One more night, 'cause I can't wait forever!
    (ooh ooh ooh...)
    (ooh ooh ooh...)

Just give me one more night, just give me that one more night,
    Just one more night, 'cause I can't wait forever!
    (ooh ooh ooh...)

Kochou and others: Like a river to the sea, I will always be with you,
    And if you sail away, I will follow you!

Kochou: Give me one more night, just give me that one more night,
    (ooh ooh ooh...)
    I know there'll never be a time, you'll never feel the same,
    And I know it's only words...
    But if you change your mind, you know that I'll be here!
    And maybe we both can learn!

I'll give you just one more night, just give me that one more night,
    (ooh ooh ooh...)
    Just give me one more night, oh give me that one more night,
    (ooh ooh ooh...)

(Mizuirochou breaks off to solo as Akaichou, Ierochou, and Midorichou keep performing in the background. Kochou longingly looks out at the starry night and the full moon, where we see the scene fade to show Misty walking on the city street. As she approaches a crosswalk, she notices the building where Kochou is performing and smiles as she waits for the walk signal. We look up at the moon and the stars as the music fades out, which turns into the sun and blue sky. We see the sun reflect off the window of a TV station, where Kochou and the gang are getting makeup put on.)

Akaichou: I can't wait! Our first TV appearance!

Aiirochou: Wonder if Scott will see me on TV? (her thoughts are interuppted by Kochou getting up from the makeup chair, she follows the attendant to the wings, where she looks out into the audience.)

(The lights come up on the set as the show's theme song begins)

Female announcer: With the premiere of World of Broadway only hours away, the pop music scene is abuzz as to which of today's hottest bands superstar director Rubina Hinote has chosen to feature in the show! Many fans are hoping that the show will ride on Beautifly wings with the appearance of Kochou and the Beautiflies...but who exactly did Rubina choose? All this and more on the Sora Leonknight Show! (a Shiny Pikachu holds up an Applause cue card as an auburn haired boy in a blue shirt and khaki pants appears on the set)

Sora: Thank you, Icy, and thank you, Thora...(pets the Pikachu) With the world premiere of World of Broadway tonight, and one of today's most popular bands rumored to be featured in the show, you have to wonder: Are Kochou and the Beautiflies really going to make an appearance like many fans are hoping, or will they make colors in some other sky? That decision lies in the hands of my guest today, the superstar director Rubina Hinote!

(Thora holds up another Applause cue card as Rubina appears and sits down on a couch facing Sora)

Rubina: Thank you so much, Sora...it's great to be here today.

Sora: Tell me, Rubina, what spurred you to feature a pop band in a Broadway show, in a medium not traditionally suited to pop music?

Rubina: I hope that it will get a new generation interested in Broadway and theater in general...some have said that this whole thing was a publicity stunt, but I am not known for publicity stunts like some other directors are. I would've never gone ahead with it if I knew in my heart that it would only work with the right band on the stage. I feel that I have chosen the right band for the show.

Sora: Was it hard narrowing the different bands down to one?

Rubina: Yes, we heard quite a lot of bands over the last few days, with the two best ones getting callbacks yesterday. After the callbacks finished last night, the choice was very clear to me.

Sora: Okay, so we'll cut to the chase: Who's the lucky band that'll be starring in World of Broadway tonight?

Rubina: I chose a band that's currently one of the hottest rising bands, and I feel this honor would be perfect to add to their Rock Music Awards for Best New Artist, Best Cover, and Best Song...(the crowd starts to buzz as Rubina names off the awards) Kochou and the Beautiflies!

(the crowd roars as Kochou and the gang charge onstage. Half the girls in the audience are screaming as Kochou and Sora shake hands.)

(Outside, Yami winces as she watches Kochou and Sora talk on a monitor)

Yami: Didn't Rubina say that if Beauty-boy can't make it, then we get to play?

Kage: Silverhead has to have a weak spot somewhere...what's the name of that girl that's their publicist...Mindy, Mandy, I know it starts with an M...

Yami: Misty?

Kage: That's her name! Thanks, Yami.

Meowth: Da same Misty dat ran the Cerulean Gym once upon a time?

Kage: I'm sure that's the one...and she and Kochou are in love!

Yami: Kochou and Misty, sittin' in a tree...

Meowth: Har-dee-har har, Yami...

Kage: If we can lure Kochou away from the theater in hopes of meeting Misty, the Beautiflies can't play, and we can!

Yami: Good idea! (grabs a piece of paper and starts writing on it, then addresses the fake letter to the hotel the gang is staying in)

(Later, Niji brings the letter to Ash)

Niji: Ash, this is for you...it appears to be from Misty.

Ash: Misty? Why would she send me a letter when she's right here...you were there when we dropped her off on the historic district's main drag an hour ago...

Niji: Just read the letter...it could be important!

(Ash reads the letter over for a moment...)

Ash: I'll be at the Celadon Rooftop Square if anyone needs me... (starts for the door)

Brock: Warning, warning, mistake in progress... (imitates a siren with his voice) Repeating, this is a mistake in progress. (does his vocal siren again)

Niji: Calm down, Brock! Ash just wants to have some quality time with Misty on the Rooftop Square...

Brock: Did he even bother to look at the clock? (the clock reads 6:47, underneath is the bulliten board, which has a sticky note that reads "SHOW 7:00" on it)

Niji: Ooh, you're right...

Anabel: I think I smell a Rattata...

(a few minutes later, an elevator dings and Ash steps out on the Rooftop Square...)

Ash: Hello....Misty...you there? Hello... (his call echoes down below, when he looks at a clock on a tall sign and notices that it reads 6:52) Oh no...the show! (he dashes back in the elevator and frantically hits the first floor button. When the door opens, he dashes outside and races down the street.) Gangway, coming through, sorry, pardon me. (he catches the crosswalk signal right as it changes to "walk", and he sprints across)

(Meanwhile, the band(now transformed) and Rubina wait in the wings of the theater as people file into the seats)

Rubina: What's happened to him? You guys know?

Ierochou: He got a weird letter minutes before we came...

Midorichou(to Niji): Told'ja it was a mistake in progress...

Niji: I believe you now...hurry, Kochou...

(Elsewhere, Ash is literally flying down the street towards the theater...)

Ash: I'm not gonna get there if I just run...I just wish I had wings... (he spots a Pidgeotto helping itself to a piece of meat on the sidewalk, so he quickly jumps aboard, startling the bird-Pokemon at first) Hey, calm down! Can you take me there? (points in the direction of the theater. The Pidgeotto nods and flies off, Ash aboard it. Ash takes this opportunity to spray on some perfume, turning him into Kochou...)

(Back at the theater, Rubina is pacing the floor. The clock reads 6:55)

Rubina: It'll be the Rocket show if Kochou doesn't get here in five minutes...
    (a Pidgeotto squawk is heard, followed by frantic footsteps down the rooftop stairwell...)

Akaichou: Here he comes!

(Kochou races into the room to thunderous applause)

Kochou: I made it, guys! (we see the Rockets gritting their teeth at Kochou's appearance. Kochou notices the Pidgeotto he rode on looking up at him through the air vent.) Thanks! (waves as the Pidgeotto flies off)

Rubina: Come on! Showtime, Beautiflies! (she ushers the band into position)
    (the crowd murmurs for a moment as the lights dim, then an upbeat melody begins as Kochou appears before the curtain in a spotlight)

Kochou: Frantic rehearsals, opening night,
    Strike up the band, bring up the lights!
    (the curtain opens behind Kochou, revealing the band and some beautifully dressed showgirls clad in red, blue, and yellow)

Kochou and others: A little Broadway magic tonight!

Others: Broadway magic,

Kochou: Finger snappin'... (we see the showgirls snapping their fingers)

Kochou: Toe tappin'... (we see various toes tapping in the audience)

Others: Broadway magic!

Kochou: Singers and dancers, steppin' in time,
    Music you hum, lyrics that rhyme!

Kochou and others: A little Broadway magic,
    Tonight!

Kochou: Finger snappin', (we see Delia snapping her fingers)

Kochou: Toe tappin', (we see various toes tapping)

Kochou: Side slappin', (we see Prof. Oak in the audience laughing at a funny part in the show)

Kochou: Hand clappin', (we see Misty clapping to the song)

Kochou: Show stoppin' numbers, this could be it, (Kochou joins some showgirls on a stairwell)
    Add it all up, you have a hit!

Kochou and others: A little Broadway magic, (Kochou and the showgirls start a chorus line)

Kochou: Nothin' like,

Kochou: Bring on the,

Tonight!
    Broadway magic,

Kochou: Finger snappin', (we see Akaichou and Mizuirochou snapping their fingers)

Kochou: Toe tappin', (we see Ierochou's and Aiirouchou's toes tapping)

Kochou and others: Broadway magic,
    Tonight!
    (Kochou and the showgirls slide before the audience, to thunderous applause)

(Later, Kochou answers some questions for Gabby, a reporter for KNTO TV)

Gabby: There's been some requests by fans to find out your real name...how do you feel about that?

Kochou: Well, while it is true I use a stage name when in public, which will the fans be more likely to remember when I fade from the scene, my name or my songs?

Gabby: I'd remember your songs, Kochou!

Random fan: I would too!

Random fans(ad lib): Me too, I'd remember your songs!, Your songs rule!, etc. (Kochou and Gabby laugh at the unexpected show of support)

Gabby: At any rate, thank you for your time, Kochou, and good luck with the new album!

Kochou: My pleasure! (waves goodbye as the camera crew packs up. Kochou suddenly notices Misty approaching among the crowd of partygoers) Misty? What brings you here?

(MUSIC-"Kochou and Misty's Theme")

Misty: Surprised?

Kochou: Yeah...you usually don't show up in places like this...

Misty: I just wanted to tell you...that letter that I supposedly wrote, wasn't my doing...it was a Rocket trap to get rid of you so they would literally steal the show.

Kochou: I understand...Niji told me about it after the show ended.

Misty: I also want to say...great job on the show! (reaches to hug Kochou, but they get tangled in each others arms and legs...and their lips lock in an unexpected kiss! Kochou and Misty decide to embrace each other and kiss some more as fireworks light up the sky!)

(an instrumental of "When Tomorrow Comes" plays as the word "Next..." appears on screen)

Ierochou(voiceover): Next time, on "Kochou and the Beautiflies"...

(we see the band in the recording studio)

Ierochou(voiceover): We're almost ready to release our new album, but the Rockets decide to sabotage it while we're taking five! (we see the Rockets recording) Not only do they record a knockoff of one of our songs, they also do a cover of some stupid song Meowth found online. (we see Meowth at a computer) To top it off, their awful version overtakes us on the charts! Can we salvage our album and overtake our rightful spot on the charts? Stay tuned!

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Years
  • (an instrumental of "Only the Beginning" plays as the word "Previously..." appears onscreen)

Niji(voiceover): Previously, on "Kochou and the Beautiflies...."

(we see a scene of Kochou and the showgirls from the last episode)

Niji(voiceover): Our tour takes us back to Celadon City, this time to give our regards to Broadway! (we see Ash and the gang walking on the main drag) So after trying out the new transformation items I got for them, (we see the gang's new transformations and Ash's transformation) we went to see the great director Rubina Hinote. (we see Kochou and the band playing for Rubina and her staff) We soundly beat out the Rockets, and the entire viewing audience of "The Sora Leonknight Show" celebrated with us when Rubina made her choice! (we see Kochou taking to Sora). The Rockets were very jealous that we had been chosen, and tried to lure Kochou away from us so we couldn't play! (we see Ash on the Rooftop Square. Ash hurried as fast as he could, even hitching a ride on a Pidgeotto! (we see Ash transform into Kochou with his perfume as he rides on a Pidgeotto) Thankfully, he made it to the theater in the nick of time, the show went on...and he shared a kiss with Misty! ( we see scenes of the show, the post-show party, and Kochou and Misty kissing)

Today we're in the recording studio to put the finishing touches on our new album--but those Rockets just HAVE to mess it up!

Episode 17: The Album Switcheroo

(We see Ash and the gang walking on a sidewalk)

Crystal: I'm so excited! Our new album, almost done!

Brock: And our other ones still selling like hotcakes...(we see people in line at the music store's checkout line--each customer has one or both of the band's other albums in their shopping cart. A poster advertising pre-orders for the upcoming album is plastered on the window)

Niji: Well, we just have to record a couple more songs and we're ready?

May: That's great news! I hope the producers will let us use the great song Anabel wrote last night!

Anabel: I just heard the music playing next door, then Brock saying "I'm in the mood for dancing"...and the inspiration came like that! (snaps to illustrate her point)

Whitney: We could use a songwriter like you... (winks at Anabel)

Anabel: So...how do you guys write songs?

(We see a scene of Chibi Brock and Chibi Ash at a table)

Brock(voiceover): Well, after I get some inspiration... (we see a lightbulb appear above Chibi Brock's head) Ash and I talk about it a little bit, (Chibi Ash and Chibi Brock start talking to each other in gibberish) As we talk, we start writing the parts... (Chibi Ash and Chibi Brock continue talking as they write on some music paper) Ash usually writes the lyrics (we see Chibi Ash writing on some paper), and I write the music. (we see Chibi Brock writing on music paper) If neither of us likes what we wrote (Chibi Ash and Chibi Brock wince at what they wrote, wad up their respective papers, and throw them in the trash) we throw them out and start over. (Chibi Ash and Chibi Brock get some fresh paper and write some more) If one person likes it, but the other doesn't, (Chibi Ash points out the part in the music he likes. Chibi Brock just winces.) we revise it until we're both happy. (Chibi Ash and Chibi Brock smile as Chibi Brock writes the last of the music) Then we practice it... (we see Chibi Kochou and Chibi Midorichou practicing) and play it live! (the other band members are inserted in the scene and they start playing the song, with Chibi Kochou singing gibberish as the scene fades)

Anabel: Sounds fun!

Brock: I hope you were paying attention, there's a test at the end. (winks. Everyone laughs as Anabel blushes)

Niji: All right, enough joking! We're almost to the studio, so hurry and transform!

May: Gotcha! (she leads everyone into an alleyway, then she touches her ring, triggering a techno beat.)

(We see May before a background of red Beautifly wings. She holds her ball high and calls "Take flight, Red Wing!", which makes the ball glow with a bright red light. A white belt appears on May, which she sticks the ball into. May is engulfed in a bright red light, leaving her in a red bathing suit-like outfit with a black stripe at the top. May snaps twice, making a red vest appear on her. After grooving to the background music a bit, a matching skirt appears in a flash of red light and Beautifly wings. Finally, some red high heels appear on her feet, an red outline of a Beautifly appears on the back of the vest, her hair turns red, and an electric guitar appears in her hand.)

(We see Brock before a background of green Beautifly wings. He holds his ball high and calls "Take flight, Green Wing!", which makes the ball glow with a bright green, which he sticks the into the spot in his belt reserved for a buckle. Brock is engulfed in a bright green light, leaving a glowing green outline of his lower body, while his green shirt remains on his top half. Brock snaps twice, making a light green vest appear on him. After grooving to the background music a bit, some black pants with a dark green stripe appear on his lower half in a flash of green light and Beautifly wings. Finally, some golden shoes studded in emeralds appear on his feet, an darker green outline of a Beautifly appears on the back of the vest, his hair turns black, and a pair of drum sticks appear in his hand.)

(Crystal touches her ring, triggering a techno beat.)

(We see Crystal before a background of aqua Beautifly wings. She holds her ball high and calls "Take flight, Aqua Wing!", which makes the ball glow with a bright aqua light. A white belt appears on Crystal, which she sticks the ball into. Crystal is engulfed in a bright aqua light, leaving her in a aqua bathing suit-like outfit with a black stripe at the top. Crystal snaps twice, making an aqua vest appear on her. After grooving to the background music a bit, a matching skirt appears in a flash of aqua light and Beautifly wings. Finally, some silver sandals studded in sapphires appear on her feet, an aqua outline of a Beautifly appears on the back of the vest, her hair is magically braided, and a harmonica appears in her hand.)

(Whitney touches her ring, triggering a techno beat.)

(We see Whitney before a background of yellow Beautifly wings. She holds her ball high and calls "Take flight, Yellow Wing!", which makes the ball glow with a bright yellow light. A white belt appears on Whitney, which she sticks the ball into. Whitney is engulfed in a bright yellow light, leaving her in a yellow bathing suit-like outfit with a black stripe at the top. Whitney snaps twice, making a yellow vest appear on her. After grooving to the background music a bit, a matching skirt appears in a flash of yellow light and Beautifly wings. Finally, some small yellow boots appear on her feet, an yellow outline of a Beautifly appears on the back of the vest, her hair turns yellow and puts itself up in a ponytail, and the entire outfit gains sparkles.)

(Anabel touches her ring, triggering a techno beat.)

(We see Anabel before a background of indigo Beautifly wings. She holds her ball high and calls "Take flight, Indigo Wing!", which makes the ball glow with a bright indigo light. A white belt appears on Anabel, which she sticks the ball into. Anabel is engulfed in a bright indigo light, leaving her in a indigo bathing suit-like outfit with a black stripe at the top. Anabel snaps twice, making an indigo vest appear on her. After grooving to the background music a bit, a matching skirt appears in a flash of indigo light and Beautifly wings. Finally, some indigo shoes appear on her feet, an indigo outline of a Beautifly appears on the back of the vest, her hair lengthens, and a bass guitar appears in her hand.)

Ash(holds his hand in the air, then sings in a noticeably older sounding voice): Ai-yai-yai, I'm your little Beautifly! (Ash's hand begins to glow) Green, black, and blue; make the colors in the sky!

(Music cut)

(Kochou is the first to emerge from the alley--he motions for everyone to follow him down the street)

(Later, the band is tuning in the recording studio as the tech crew gets ready to record the next song)

Kochou: Let's record "I'm in the Mood For Dancing", next...

Engineer: All right, Kochou..."I'm in the Mood For Dancing", take one...

(an upbeat techno tune begins)

Kochou: I'm in the mood for dancing, romancing,
    Whoa, giving it all, tonight!
    I'm in the mood for chancing, I feel like dancing!
    Hoo!
    Come on and hold me tight!

Dancing!
    (dancing!)
    I'm in the mood, babe!
    So let the music play!
    Dancing!
    (dancing!)
    I'm in the mood, babe!
    So get up and let your body sway!

[dance break-we see the engineers grooving to the song as the band members trade solos]

Kochou: I'm in the mood for dancing, romancing,
    You know I should never stop tonight!
    I'm in the mood, I'm in the mood, I'm in the mood,

To dance! Get up and dance! Come on and dance!
    I'm in the mood to take a chance!
    Yeah, let's dance! Come on and dance!
    I'm in the mood to take a chance!
    Yeah, let's dance! Come on and dance!
    Get on your feet! Now make your dance!
    Let us dance! Come on and dance!....

(Elsewhere, we see the Rockets scoping out the recording studio. We can still hear Kochou singing in the distance)

Meowth: So Beauty-boy's in da mood for dancin'...how bout dancin' to a few of our hits?

Yami: Meowth! They're still recording in there!

Kage: Yami's right...we can't just barge into a recording session while it's in progress...so let's just wait until Beauty-boy and his band are away... (Meowth slumps against a tree, bored)

(Back in the recording studio, Kochou and the band conclude the song. The engineers applaud.)

Engineer: Another well done song, Kochou...we haven't had to do another take on any of these!

Kochou: What about that one we never finished yesterday?

Engineer: Let's take five for lunch, then record the remaining songs, okay, Kochou? (he loads the tape with the song in question on it inside)

Kochou: Good idea! (he takes his headphones off, sets his guitar aside, and stretches as he follows his bandmades out the door. Once everyone leaves, the room is quiet for a moment...until the Rockets sneak in!)

Yami: So this is where Silverhead and his pals are recording...

(Kage, meanwhile, is poking around in the engineer's room)

Kage: Hey, what's this? (hits "PLAY", making the tape inside play. While there's music on the tape, there's no words--signifying the Beautiflies were planning on adding the words in later) Silverhead forgot to sing on this! There's isn't any words! (Kage's cry sends Yami and Meowth rushing in the room)

Yami: What do you mean, no words? (she listens to the music for a moment, then starts tapping her foot to the beat) I love the piano in this!

Meowth: If dere's no woids on dat song, den why don't we steal da song by singin' our own woids over what Silverhead played?

Yami: Good idea! (she and Meowth race out to some microphones. Kage rewinds the tape and hits "PLAY", then runs out to his own mic)

(music begins)

(There ain't nobody better)

Kage: Comin' down the pipe...

Yami: They're all alike...

Meowth: Do ya hear me loud and clear?

Kage, Yami, and Meowth: Than the ones who're standin' here!

Kage: Waitin' round the bend!

Yami: I'm the livin' end!

Meowth: Am I comin' through to you?

Kage, Yami, and Meowth: Than the ones you're talkin' to!

Kage: I'm above the rest!
    Baby, I'm the best!

Yami: There ain't never gonna be nobody,
    Who's as good for you as me!

Kage: Comin' down the pipe,

Yami: They're all alike!

Meowth: Do ya hear me loud and clear?

Kage, Yami, amd Meowth: Than the ones who're standin' here!

Kage, Yami, and Meowth: There ain't nobody better!

Kage: Can you hear me?

Yami: Don't you love what you see?

Meowth: I'm da best!

Kage, Yami, and Meowth: There ain't nobody better than,
    Nobody better than me!
    (at this, the tape ends. Kage runs to retrieve it)

Yami: Ow! That was fun, wasn't it, Meowth? (Yami looks over expecting to see Meowth, but he seems to have disappeared from his mike) Uh, Meowth?

(Some typing catches Yami's attention, followed by Meowth laughing to an odd song. Piqued, Yami follows the laughter until she finds Meowth before a computer, laughing profusely at the strangely catchy song.)

Yami: What's that?

Meowth: Dis video...(stifles more laughter) It's da funniest ting I've seen all day! (laughs again. Kage enters the room with the tape, and notes the address bar in the browser)

Kage: MyTube.com?

Yami: You know Meowth likes to surf around on MyTube! This is his latest find...

Kage: Hmm...Why don't we make a cover of that song?

Meowth: It'll be a hit come tomorrow morning!

(We fade to a hotel room the next morning. Kochou is on the phone with Kari, the band's agent, while the others get ready for the day.)

Kochou: WHAT??? Our tape for "There's a Melody Playin'" was stolen?

Kari: Sadly yes, Kochou babe...not only did they record over your music, they also added an awful remix of the Numa Numa song to it!

Kochou: Numa Numa? What's that?

Kari: It's the one that starts Mai-ya-hi, mai-ya-hoo, mai-ya-hoh, mai-ya-ha-ha!

Midorichou: Oh, it's that stupid song that's all over MyTube right now!

Kari: Stupid or not, it's knocked you guys off the number one spot and is on every station! (Kochou hears a car pass by, with the Rockets singing 'Vase a blesh da numa numa yay, numa numa yay, numa numa numa yay...' on its radio) And when I say every station, I MEAN every station! (Kochou hears another car pass by, with Yami singing Mai-ya-hi, mai-ya-hoo... over the radio.

Kochou: I know we're better than some stupid song on an online video site!

Kari: So, your mission, Beautiflies, should you choose to accept it: Find your stolen tape, wipe it clean, and record the song that's meant to be on there!

Kochou: I'll do it, Kari!

Kari: Okay, babe...I'll call if I have any more clues to help you. (Kochou hangs up the phone and sighs)

Akaichou: Okay, so who remembers where the tape was last?

Mizuirochou: I think the Rockets snuck in while we were on our lunch break...

Aiirochou: Found the tape...

Ierochou: Recorded their dumb song on there....

Midorichou: Then they found a computer and logged into MyTube...

Misty: Found a video of the Numa Numa song and recorded their own cover...

Kochou: ...And they apparently still have the tape!

Niji: We won't find it if we just talk about it here....

Misty: Let's go look around...it's bound to turn up somewhere if we look hard enough! Lets go! (she leads everyone out the door)

(We see scenes of the gang looking in various shops, in trash bins, even in abandoned houses!)

(Hours later, the gang meets back in front of the recording studio)

Akaichou: I checked all the shops... (we see Aiirochou and Akaichou checking various shops)

Midorichou: I looked in houses... (we see Midorichou being chased by Growlithes)

Aiirochou: Where is it? (suddenly, something shiny in a trash bin catches her attention. After some digging, closer examination reveals it to be the tape!) Well, looky here!

Misty: The tape!

Kochou: Misty, can I borrow your cellphone for a sec? (Misty offers her phone to Kochou, who frantically dials Kari's number) Kari! It's Kochou!

Kari: Judging from how excited you are, you've gotta have some big news....

Kochou: I do! We found the tape!

Kari: Atta boy! I toldja you'd find it if you looked hard enough, babe!

Kochou: We're gonna put the song that was gonna be on there, right away!

Kari: Good luck, Kochou! (Kochou hangs up, returns the phone to Misty, and leads the band inside the studio)

(Inside the studio, Kochou snaps to count the band off...)

(music begins)

Others: There's a melody playin',

Kochou: On the radio,

Kochou: Soft and sweet and low,

Kochou: I don't know what to do,

Kochou and others: There's a melody playin',
    And it makes me think of you!

Kochou: And I sing along,

Kochou: And it's goin' strong,

Kochou: I'll leave the world behind,

And I've got you on my mind!

Kochou: Every time you're near,
    There's a melody playin' gently in my ear....
    There's music in the skies above,
    And they tell me I'm in love...
    Tell me I'm love!

Kochou: On the radio,

Kochou: Soft and sweet and low,

Kochou: I don't know what to do,

And it makes me think of you!

Kochou: In the skies above,

Kochou: I'm in love!

Kochou: I'm in love!

Kochou: I'm in love! (everyone cheers as Kochou sings the last note)

(an instrumental of "When Tomorrow Comes" plays as the word "Next..." appears onscreen)

Aiirochou(voiceover): Next time, on "Kochou and the Beautiflies"...

(We see the gang on the beach)

Aiirochou(voiceover): We're off to the sunny islands of Hawaii for a little surf, (we see Pikachu surfing) sun, (we see Akaichou lying in the sun), and fun! (we see the gang playing volleyball) But, there's trouble in paradise when the Rockets kidnap Mizuirochou and threaten to throw her into a volcano! (we see the Rockets leading a bound and gagged Mizuirochou up to a volcano) Thankfully, one of the local hula girls volunteers to help us find her! (we see a hula girl leading the gang up to the volcano) Can we save Mizuirochou? Stay tuned and see!

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Years
  • (an instrumental of "Only the Beginning" plays as the word "Previously..." appears onscreen)

Niji(voiceover): Previously, on "Kochou and the Beautiflies..."

(we see Kochou and the band in the recording studio)

Niji(voiceover): Just when you think our new album's set for release, those Rockets have to come spoil it! (we see the Rockets performing). As if recording over our music wasn't enough, then they have to make a dumb cover of an even dumber song they found online! (we see the Rockets laughing over something on a computer) It was enough to knock us off the charts for a day, and when Kari, our agent, told us what happened (we see Kari taking to the gang), we searched high and low until we found the tape! (we see Kochou triumphantly holding the tape) We erased what the Rockets put on there and put the last song of the album on it, completing it! (we see the gang performing again)

All that recording's hard work..I'm ready for a vacation in Hawaii, if you ask me!

Episode 18: Aloha, Beautiflies!

(We see the shot of a boat on the sea, where the passengers are relaxing on the deck, watching the various Wingulls flying overhead. Inside, we look in on one particular cabin, where we see the gang getting comfortable for the journey ahead)

Anabel: It sure was nice of Kari to send us to Hawaii for two weeks! (she finishes organizing her bags and relaxes on a bed)

May: All expenses paid, too!

Niji: She felt that you guys needed a break after all the touring and recording you've been doing lately...so this vacation is her gift to you.

Brock: Tell her we said 'Thank you!' (steps behind a screen for a moment, then emerges in a flowery Hawaiian shirt and shorts.)

Ash: How bout you, Pikachu? You ready to impress the hula girls with your surfing?

Pikachu: Pika! (he hops on a bed and poses on it like a surfboard. May giggles in the background as Whitney attempts a hula dance)

Niji: I have an idea...

Everyone else: What?

Niji: Why don't you guys write a song about this vacation?

Crystal: Yeah! We can sing it for Kari when we get home!

May: Good idea! (she touches her ring, triggering a techno beat)

(Music cut)

(We rejoin the band with their instruments on one of the stages)

Kochou and others: V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!
    In the summer sun!
    (music begins)

Kochou: Put away the books!
    We're out of school!
    (we see the gang putting away textbooks and leaving a classroom)
    The weather's warm, but we play it cool!
    We're on vacation,
    Having lots of fun!

In the summer sun!

Kochou: We're gonna grab a bite at the pizza stand... (we see Kochou and the gang in line at a pizza stand)
    Write love letters in the sand... (we see Kochou writing "KOCHOU+MISTY" in the sand as Misty watches)
    We're on vacation,
    And the world is ours!

On the summer skies!

Kochou: Well, we'll hop in our jalopy to a drive in movie, (we see the gang pulling into a drive in theater aboard a Jeep)
    And never look at the show! (we see Kochou and the gang doing various activities other than watching the movie)
    We're gonna hug and kiss, (we see Kochou hugging Misty)
    Just like this, (Misty kisses Kochou back)
    And I can't wait to go!

We're gonna mash potato to a jukebox tune...
    (we see Kochou and the gang dancing to the music on a jukebox)
    Park the car neath the August moon... (we see the gang in the Jeep from earlier looking out at the city lights underneath a full moon)
    We're on vacation,
    Till the start of the fall!

We're gonna have a ball!

Kochou: Go! (a crowd cheers as Mizuirochou breaks off to solo; the music fades out as we see the ship arriving at a port, where some hula girls are waiting...Kochou is especially enamored by a brown haired hula girl dancing with a pair of Ludicolos)

Akaichou: She's beautiful... (toys with her lei)

Kochou: I know... (Finally, the girl oncludes her dance, prompting applause from an audience. She recalls the Ludicolos and approaches Kochou)

Girl: Aloha, Kochou...and welcome to our beautiful island paradise...my name is Floriea.

Kochou: The pleasure's all mine.

Floriea: Come with me, and I'll show you to your room. (the gang follows Floriea down a stretch of beach and into a hotel overlooking the port, the town, and some jungle, where a room marked "RESERVED" awaits. Everyone begins to unpack and get comfortable.)

Aiirochou: Wow...

Midorichou: Check out the view! (admires a volcano off in the distance)

Floriea: I'm glad you like it...

Ierochou: The volcano must protect the island, right?

Floriea: Yes...in ancient times, it was believed that it was the source of all life on the island...so when it woke, the native peoples would sacrifice one of pure heart inside the volcano so the fire god would be appeased. If the fire god was not appeased or the sacrifice was not acceptable, he would make the volcano erupt...

Mizuirochou: ::gulp::

Floriea: Thankfully, that practice fell by the wayside as time went on, but there are still some islanders today that believe in the legend of the volcano.

Kochou: Interesting...

Floriea: Could please introduce me to your entourage, Kochou?

Kochou: Okay...(he gestures to Akaichou) This is Akaichou on rhythm guitar and backup vocals...(Akaichou waves) Midorichou, on drums and backup vocals... (Midorichou waves)...Mizuirochou, on wind instruments and backup vocals...(Mizuirochou waves) Ierochou, on keyboards and backup vocals... (Ierochou waves), and Aiirochou, on bass and backup vocals. (Aiirochou waves as she relaxes on a bed). There's also our publicist, Misty; but I think she's still taking care of things up front...

Floriea: A pleasure to finally meet you in person after hearing you on the radio for a while...

Kochou: Oh?

Floriea: Yes, your song "Vacation" is a top hit here and the neighboring islands...

Kochou: Really...we were just practicing that on the way here! (everyone laughs as Floriea turns to go)

Floriea: I'll leave you guys to get comforable... (she disappears down the hall. Misty arrives a few minutes later; with Niji and Pikachu in tow.)

Kochou: Hi, Pikachu... (he invites Pikachu into the bed with him as he stretches out...)

Misty: Did you guys hear about the surfing contest tomorrow?

Akaichou: What about it? (Pikachu perks up at the mention of surfing)

Misty: Take a look... (she shows the poster to the gang)

Midorichou: Top prize is...10,000 credits???

Aiirochou: Hang ten, Beautiflies! (she poses on the bed like it was a surfboard)

Kochou: How bout it, Pikachu...wanna wow the islanders with your surfing skills tomorrow?

Pikachu; Pika!

Niji: Well, let's get some sleep so we'll be ready to hit the beach in the morning...(everyone yawns and climbs into bed.)

Kochou: Night, guys... (he turns his light off, making the screen turn black for a few seconds)

(the scene fades to show the sun shining down on the beach, where a crowd has gathered to watch the surfing contest. Suddenly, a electric guitar riff plays, and we see the band performing on the beach as they watch people surf.)

Kochou: If everybody had an ocean,
    Across the USA...
    Then everybody'd be surfing...
    Like California...
    You'd see'em wearing their baggies,
    Hurachi sandals too,
    A bushy bushy blond hairdo,
    Surfin' USA!

You'll see'em surfing at Del Mar,
    (Inside, outside, USA!)
    Ventura County line, (Inside, outside, USA!)
    Santa Cruz and Tressels, (Inside, outside, USA!)
    Australia's Narabine, (Inside, outside, USA!)
    All over Manhattan, (Inside, outside, USA!)
    And down Doheny way... (Inside, outside, USA!)

Other Beautiflies: Everybody's gone surfing!

Kochou: Surfin' USA!

We'll all be planning out a route,
    We're gonna take real soon!
    We're waxing down our surfboards,
    (we see Pikachu doing just that)
    We can't wait for June!
    We'll all be gone for the summer,
    We're on safari to stay!
    Tell the teacher we're surfing!
    Surfin' USA!

At Haggerty's and Swami's,
    (Inside, outside, USA!)
    Pacific Palisade, (Inside, outside, USA!)
    San Onofre and Sunset, (Inside, outside, USA!)
    Redondo Beach, LA, (Inside, outside, USA!)
    All over La Jolla, (Inside, outside, USA!)
    At Waiamea Bay... (Inside, outside, USA!)

Other Beautiflies: Everybody's gone surfing!

Kochou: Surfin' USA! (Ierochou breaks off to solo as we continue to see people surfing. Suddenly, Pikachu decides he wants in on the surfing, and darts towards the water as "Surfin' USA" fades out)

Aiirochou: Look! (the other beachgoers watch as a giant wave rises from the water, with Pikachu (seen as a tiny speck from their perspective) aboard it!)

Kochou: Wipeout!

(This spurs Midorichou to start the famed "Wipeout" riff, and the rest of the band joins in. We switch between scenes of the band playing the song and Pikachu surfing. When Pikachu comes in after riding the wave all the way in, Kochou sets his guitar aside and gives Pikachu a hug.)

Random girl: Your Pikachu's amazing, Kochou!

Random surfer: Cool Pikachu, dude! (some beachgoers crowd around Pikachu as the band starts another song)

(Elsewhere, on another part of the beach, we see that the Rockets have decided to vacation on the island as well. Kage, clad in a R-print Hawaiian shirt and shorts, relaxes in a beach chair. Yami, clad in a black bikini, lies on a beach towel, attempting to tan. Meowth, meanwhile, is romping around the beach, looking for seashells)

(we hear a Hawaiian guitar riff)

Kage, Yami, and Meowth(to the camera): Aloha!

(music picks up)

Kage: We're Rockets in Hawaii,
    Singin' a Hawaiian song...
    (we see Kage strumming on a ukulele)

Yami: We're Rockets in Hawaii,
    We wear a sarong
    But it looks so wrong!
    (Yami models one of the aforementioned sarongs as Kage and Meowth laugh hysterically)

Meowth: We're Rockets in Hawaii,
    Seein' da Hawaiian sights...
    (we see Meowth looking through binoculars at the volcano)

Kage, Yami, and Meowth: We're Rockets in Hawaii!

Yami: We spend all our nights
    Scratching insect bites...
    (we see the Rockets scratching roughly 50 red spots between them)

Kage: We've been to the beach and returned, (We see Kage surfing)
    And, oh, did we get burned, (ouch!) (we see the Rockets slathering aloe vera on their red bodies)

Yami: We bask in the tropical breezes, (we see the gang relaxing on the beach again)
    We got seven tropical diseases... ( (achoo! cough! Cough!) (we see Kage, Yami, and Meowth sneezing and coughing)

Kage, Yami, and Meowth: We're Rockets in Hawaii,
    Sleepin' in Hawaiian huts,
    (we see three tiki huts on the beach)
    We're Rockets in Hawaii,
    Turning into Hawaiian nuts...
    (we see three pistachios with Kage's, Yami's, and Meowth's faces. Pistachio Meowth even has ears!)
    We're Rockets in Hawaii,
    We're Rockets in Hawaii,
    We're Rockets, Rockets in Hawaii!
    (we see Kage, Yami, and Meowth before some tikis shaped like Rs for a few moments before we return to them on the beach)

Meowth: Ah, vacation...dis is da life...(he romps to Yami and snuggles in her lap)

Yami: Yeah...check out that volcano there...(points out the volcano in the distance)

Kage: It says here...(he points out a paragraph in his guidebook) that according to legend, the natives sacrificed a girl of pure heart every year to appease the volcano god and get him to grant them luck!

Meowth: One problem: where are we gonna find a goil to throw in the volcano?

Kage: Easy...we sacrifice one of the pretty girls of Beauty-boy's! (he gets up from his chair) I can see them camping on the beach over there! (he points out a ring of tents on the beach)

Yami: Rockets in Hawaii, huddle! (the Rockets huddle together)

(Elsewhere, Floriea tends to Kochou in his tent before he retires for the night)

Floriea: You know, Kochou...the Peraps on the island are said to know all that happens on the island, and if one appears to you, it usually has a message for you.

Kochou: Interesting...(he yawns)

Floriea: There now...let the island breeze help you sleep...you've got a concert in the morning. (She departs as Kochou does off)

(Several hours later, Niji is awakened by some squawking outside the tent)

Niji: What in the world? That sounds like squawking!

Kochou: I'll see what it is... (he opens his tent and a Perap flutters in)

Niji: A Perap?

Kochou: Floriea says that Peraps know everything that happens on the island, and if you see one, it has a message for you. (to the Perap) What brings you here this late?

Perap: Mizuirochou captured! (squawk) Rockets captured Mizuirochou! (squawk)

(Kochou and Niji gasp)

Niji: The Rockets kidnapped Mizuirochou? Where are they holding her?

Perap: Rockets taking Mizuirochou to volcano! (squawk) Want to burn her alive! (squawk) Will only let her live if they get money! (squawk) Kochou and other Beautiflies must save her! (squawk)

Kochou: Niji...get everyone and Floriea here...we have to save Mizuirochou! (Niji nods and flies away)

(We join Kochou, Floriea, and the gang on the beach.)

Midorichou: No way! Mizuirochou kidnapped!

Niji: Yes, and we don't have much time to spare, so we need to think of a plan quickly!

Akaichou: I have an idea...if Midorichou were to de-transform into Brock and sing his Paradaisu song...

Ierochou: As annoying as that song is, if it'll save Mizuirochou, I'd do it!

Midorichou: Fly away... (Midorichou glows green for a moment before we see Brock in his place)

Brock: So one performance of my special song to distract the Rockets, you say? (everyone huddles together to discuss the plan)

(We fade to a scene of Floriea leading the gang through the jungle foilage and up to the path leading to the volcano. Before long, they see the Rockets starting up the volcano with Mizuirochou. They're not making much progress because Mizuirochou is struggling and fighting them.

Kage: Come on, step lively!

Mizuirochou: I think you'll be the ones stepping lively! (stomps on Kage's foot, making him hop around in pain)

Yami: Are you going to cooperate or not? (struggles with Mizuirochou for a moment)

Kochou: Brock, now... (Brock, now in Paradaisu attire, quickly moves into position as the Rockets struggle to subdue Mizuirochou)

(Suddenly, a samba beat gets the Rockets attention...they turn to see Brock dancing on top of a rock.)

Brock: La la la, la-la-la, it is so wonderful! La-la-la la la la, letters of love and joy... (As Brock is performing, Mizuirochou undoes her bindings and flees back to the brush where Kochou and the others are hiding.)

Kochou: You okay?

Mizuirochou: Yeah...dragging me up the volcano hurt! (points out some marks on her hands)

Akaichou: Let's get back to camp... (Brock runs to rejoin the group as the Rockets continue to groove to "Paradaisu", unaware their captive has escaped.)

(Back at the beach, Floriea tends to Mizuirochou's wounds. Kochou and the others watch attentively.)

Kochou: Floriea...

Floriea: Hm?

Kochou: Thank you for helping us find Mizuirochou...

Floriea: My pleasure.

Kochou: As a reward...we want you to sing with us during our concert in the morning.

Floriea: Really? I've never sang with a band before...(continues working as we look out at the moon, which turns to a sunny day. We see that a crowd has gathered around a stage as Midorichou starts a relaxed beat. Floriea is at the main microphone, with Kochou by her side.)

Floriea: Started as boys and girls,
    We spoke and then we knew, something very new!
    Sodas to trpical juice, I knew it was true!
    Tonight the perfect moon, will shine on!

Other Beautiflies: Summer love, ala!

Floriea: I can feel my heart beating!

Floriea: The temperature is a-risin!

Other Beautiflies: Summer love, alala!

Floriea: Tell me what we are feeling,

Floriea and others: I know I'm in love with you, boy!

Kochou: When I'm in the air, jump,
    No need to fear jump,
    Jump into this love,
    No need to stop now!

Feel the carnival!
    Join the festival!
    Stomp and stomp your feet
    To the rhythm, know!

Floriea: Can you feel my heart beating?

Floriea: Rhythm is high repeating!

Other Beautiflies: Summer love, alala!

Floriea: Tell me your love is reaching!

Floriea and others: I know I'm in love with you, boy! (applause)

(An instrumental of "When Tomorrow Comes" plays as the word "Next..." appears onscreen)

Kochou(voiceover): Next time, on "Kochou and the Beautiflies"...

(we see the Mirage Kingdom)

Kochou(voiceover): We return to the Mirage Kingdom for a gig, and Queen Sarah will name her successor to the throne! (we see Queen Sarah and Misty hugging Togetic) Only problem is, one of the other princesses is jealous, and Ierochou looks exactly like the queen's choice! No wonder everyone thinks she's the princess! (we see Ierochou as a princess) Can we find the real princess and solve this mystery? Stay tuned!

AN: Thanks, Sunflorazumarill; for letting me use Floriea!

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Years
  • Song list for episode 19:

Kochou and the Beautiflies songs:

"Here Comes Trouble"
    "Birdie" (Misty version)
    "When It's Only Me and the Music"
    "Rock n' Roll Forever"
    "Birdie" (Kochou reprise)

Rocket song:

"Queen of Rock n' Roll"

Beautifly/Rocket duet (new for this episode)

"Dance to the Music"

EmeraldSky

Years

(We see a shot of the band playing on a beach)

Niji(voiceover): After all that hard work revcording our latest album, Kari, our agent, sent us on an all expenses paid vacation to Hawaii! (we see the band on the beach again, as well as Pikachu surfing) But before you could say "aloha", there was trouble in paradise. (we see a scene from the Rockets' song) The Rockets, taking advantage of some island folklore, kidnapped Mizuirochou and almost threw her inside the volcano! (we see Mizuirochou fighting the Rockets on the way up the volcano) Midorichou detransformed long enough to distract the Rockets and rescue Mizuirochou! (we see Brock singing "Takeshi no Paradaisu" on top of some hardened lava)

Today though, we're off to the Mirage Kingdom, and the rumor is Queen Sarah will name the heir to her throne this evening!

Episode 19: The Princess and the Beautifly

(we see the gang climbing up a cliff face that overlooks a foggy chasm. Once at the top, they stare out at the miles of fog.)

Whitney: You SURE this is the right place, Ash?

Ash: Sure I'm sure...this is the place where the Mirage Kingdom is...

Anabel: Here? If we took one step, we'd fall to our demise in the fog!

Brock: It's called the Mirage Kingdom for a reason--at first glance, you don't believe it's there because it's covered by the fog.

Anabel: I see...

May: It's also where Togepis live!

Crystal: If I can get a Togepi as a souvienir... (she darts toward the cliff face)

Ash: CRYSTAL!!!!

(Amazingly enough, Crystal doesn't fall when she steps into the fog...she appears to be standing on solid ground!)

Crystal: Come on, it's safe!

(One by one, everyone steps into the fog....once everyone has joined Crystal, the fog clears away, revealing a whole series of villages, towns, and a magnificent looking castle, as well as the bridge the gang is standing on.)

Anabel: Wow...

Whitney: It's beautiful!

Misty: It's been five years since I was here...I find it hard to believe that Sarah is now the queen rather than a princess! (she starts off into the fog) Niji and I will wait for you in the square. (With that, Misty and Niji disappear into the town before everyone else)

May: Let's hurry and transform before go any further. (she touches her ring, triggering a techno beat)

(Music cut)

(Kochou motions for everyone to follow him into the town, where he sees Misty sitting and wiping some tears on the edge of a fountain. Niji is nearby, trying to console her)

Kochou: Something wrong?

(Misty pauses to compose herself)

Misty: Just being here...reminds me of--(she chokes up again) Togetic...

Niji: She misses her Togetic... (conjures a hanky for Misty to dry her eyes with)

Midorichou: I don't blame her for crying, she raised the little guy ever since it hatched into a Togepi...

Kochou: Ash once told me that she argued with him over who would take care of him!

Misty(as music begins): I really, really, hope he'll be back again...he was one of my very best friends...

(the scene fades to show Misty and the band nearby the fountain, ready to play)

Misty: I, I, don't wanna say goodbye,
    To my little friend, he's a birdie in the sky...
    He, he, is my only friend,
    I just wanna have him back again!

He is a bird, a small small one, with wings...
    And he can fly so high!
    He is my friend, my best best friend
    And I...I love him oh so much!

I, I, don't wanna say goodbye,
    To my little friend, he's a birdie in the sky...
    I just wanna have him back again!

(Misty holds her mike close and looks to the sky as Kochou breaks off to solo...her mood brightens when she sees a Togetic flying down into her arms)

Misty: Togetic, is it really you?
    I can't believe my eyes!

Now, now I don't need to say goodbye,
    Cause my little friend the bird, he has come in from the sky!
    I just wanna cry cause I'm so happy again!

And I, I wanna spread my wings and fly!
    Fly into the sky, away, just you and I!
    You, you, are my only friend,
    I am just so happy that you're back here again!

Togetic: I missed you too, Misty...I never dreamed you'd come back!

Misty: Has the queen taken good care of you, and named you a good name?

Togetic: Yes, one of her first acts as queen was to give me a proper name, like all Togetics do when they evolve...

Misty: What name did she give you?

Togetic: Look on the pendant around my neck, Her Highness inscribed my name there...

(Misty examines the emerald around her Togetic's neck)

Misty: Sachi...the Mew word for happiness--it suits you well.

Sachi: Thanks, Misty...could you and your band mind coming with me to the castle? Her Majesty wishes to see you.

Misty: Of course! (she leads the band after Sachi, who flies off towards the castle)

(Elsewhere, inside the castle, Misty and the gang bow respectfully as a brown haired girl clad in a mint green gown is escorted to a golden throne. Once the girl is comfortable, three other girls, one with deep blue hair wearing a matching gown, the second with purple hair tied back in a pony tail and wearing a gown to match, and the third with yellow hair styled in a manner very similar to Ierochou, wearing a gown to match.)

Sachi: I present Misty of Cerulean, Your Highness.

Sarah: Welcome back, Misty...we never forget the good deed you did for us by saving us from the Rockets.

Misty: The pleasure's all mine.

Sarah: First, let me introduce you to my three children...Lina, the eldest... (the yellow haired girl waves), Karen, the middle sister... (the purple haired girl shyly eyes Kochou), and Noel, the youngest. (the dark blue haired girl smiles)

Sachi: According to tradition, tonight is the night when Queen Sarah will publicly name her successor for that time when she is too old to rule.

Sarah: Although that time still is far away, naming the heir now assures the people that our family line will continue even when I pass on...it is tradition to name the child that is most fit to rule, rather than the eldest child.

Misty: I see...if it pleases Your Majesty, may I introduce the band I have brought here for the festivities?

Sarah: Of course you may.

Misty: I give you the hottest rock band that's taking the world by storm...Kochou and the Beautiflies!

(cheers as spotlights appear on Kochou and the band, who are ready to play. Lina and Karen applaud, but Noel isn't amused by the fact a rock band is present in the palace. She starts to say something, but Sarah motions for her to be quiet)

Misty: I'll just go around and introduce everyone...Akaichou, on rhythm guitar... (Akaichou smiles as a spotlight appears on her) Midorichou, on drums... (applause as Midorichou appears in a spotlight) Mizuirochou, on wind instruments... (Mizuirochou waves, then sets her harmonica aside and reaches for a microphone) Ierochou, on keyboards... (more applause as Ierochou waves to the crowd. Noel is surprised that Ierochou bears a striking resemblance to Lina) Aiirochou, on bass guitar... (applause as Aiirochou smiles and readies her instrument.) and finally, the silver haired heartthrob with a voice of gold...Kochou! (wild applause as Kochou takes his place onstage)

(the drums and keyboards begin a slow beat as three ornately dressed dancers appear by the stage. Kochou sings as they dance to the music)

Kochou: When I take the floor,
    As I've often done before,
    I feel a change come over me...
    I get such a thrill,
    It feels like time is standing still...
    And starlight is the only thing I see!

When it's only me and the music,
    I leave the world behind!
    (Only me and the music)
    I am free!
    I am poetry in motion!
    When it's only me and the music...

(Sarah, Lina, and Karen nod their heads in approval to the music and dancing, while Noel just continues to sulk)

Kochou: My heart starts to race,
    I go soaring into space!
    And music is the only thing I hear!

I leave the world behind!
    (Only me and the music)
    I am free!
    I am poetry in motion!
    When it's only me
    (only me) and the music...

(applause as Kochou, the band, and the dancers bow)

Sarah: Bravo!

Lina: Well played!

Karen: Misty sure wasn't joking when she said Kochou had a voice of gold, right, Noel? (Noel just excuses herself from the room) What's the matter with Noel, Mom? She hasn't said a thing since Misty arrived.

Sarah: If she feels offended by Kochou being here, let her go...but I have a feeling she has other motives for her silence...

(Suddenly, a crash is heard, startling the crowd. as spotlights appear on Kage and Yami)

Sarah: Rockets! (the guards start towards the second stage, but stop when they see Kage settle before a drum set.)

Kage: And sing our own song throughout our nation...

Kage: Our song will rise to the stars above...

Yami: Team Rocket! Rock on at the speed of light! (an R in a music note appears behind the stage for a few seconds)

Kage: Start singing your last number, or prepare to fight...

Meowth: Meowth! Dat's right!

Lina(to Sarah): Should I tell the guards to arrest the Rockets, Mom?

Sarah: Not yet...although they were clearly not invited, they may have a peaceful motive...

Meowth: Sing it, Yami!

(electric guitar chord)

Kage, Yami and Meowth: Ha, ha, ha, he, he, he, he
    (Rockets!)

(music picks up)

Yami: Baby, can't you see?
    You are lookin' at royalty!
    I possess the crown,
    Cause I'm the best thing goin' round!

I am the queen of rock 'n roll,
    I got the rhythm in my soul!
    I am the queen of rock 'n roll!

Every song I sing,
    Becomes the latest thing!
    I sit on the throne,
    Cause I'm the best thing the world has known!

(Sarah, Lina, Karen, the Beautiflies, and the crowd watch, agape, as Meowh breaks off to solo. Yami decides to dance along with the guitar and drums)

Misty: We'll see who's the queen of rock n' roll in a minute!

Kochou: Make that the king!

Yami: I am the queen of rock 'n roll,

The queen!
    Ow!

(Nincadas chirp when the Rockets finish)

Meowth: Boy, some audience...

Kochou: I bet you guys can't even keep a beat! (Midorichou plays a steady rock beat to illustrate Kochou's point. The audience claps along to Midorichou's beat)

(Kage counters with a beat of his own, but Midorichou counters Kage with a varation of his original beat. Kage makes a variation of his original beat as well, but Midorichou makes a second variation on his original beat.)

(Flustered by this, Kage plays a drum solo of his own. Midorichou counters Kage's solo with a quickened version of his original beat, before he segues into a slower pop beat.)

(Kage provides his own beat on top of Midorichou, but Midorichou is clearly showing more skill than Kage. The crowd roars as the two drummers duel each other, with Kage even resorting to synth drums at one point!)

(Finally, once all the noise calms down, Kochou motions to Misty...)

Kochou: So who won the round of "dueling drums"?

Misty: This match's winner is... (the crowd murmurs, anxious to find out who won the "duel".) MIDORICHOU!!! (the crowd roars as Midorichou returns to his original beat to finish.)

Karen: Wow!

Lina: Both bands have very good drummers, but Midorichou has more skill...

Sarah: An excellent display of drumming, both of you! (the crowd roars again)

Midorichou(to Kage): No hard feelings, okay?

Kage(awed): Show me how to play like that, O Green Beautifly of Drumming!

Midorichou: Easy...lots and lots and LOTS of practice! (Kage facefaults)

(That night, as Kage, Yami, and Meowth explore the palace...)

Meowth: Midorichou's right, Kage...to get good at sometin', you practice! (suddenly, he sees the shadow of someone approaching) Dah! Quick, back here! (he drags Kage and Yami behind a column)

Yami: Sh! (she listens as Noel and her attendants pass by the column)

Noel: ...I know Mom sees the potential in Lina, but I think I can rule just as good as she can!

Attendant: I know that too, milady, but your mother feels Lina is the best choice for a successor...

Noel: But Mom also says that if Lina can't appear at the ceremony in a few hours, then she'll choose me over her! Which is why I'm gonna keep Lina occupied for a few hours so I can be chosen! I also know that she's probably sleeping with that Beautifly group...

Attendant: Kidnapping your own sister? Nonsense!... (at this point, the conversation becomes inaudible to Yami)

Yami: You hear that, guys?

Kage: What?

Yami: Noel is jealous of her elder sister, Lina, being chosen as Queen Sarah's successor...

Meowth: I figured out dat part, but what does Beauty-boy have to to do with da princess Lina?

Yami: Ierochou looks very similar to Lina...which means that Noel's bound to kidnap Ierochou instead of Lina!

Kage: You're right...but how can we get the Beautiflies to trust us after all we've done to them?

Yami: Evidence! (holds a tape recorder before Kage and Meowth, which plays back the conversation between Noel and the attendant)

Kage: Come on! (he leads Yami and Meowth down the hall to the room where Kochou and the band are snoozing and flicks on the light)

Niji: What do you want, Rockets?

Akaichou: This had better not be a trap!

Kage: No, it's not a trap! Please...hear us out!

Kochou: Why?

Yami: Ierochou could be in trouble! (plays the conversation for the Beautiflies)

Meowth: We know dat Lina's room is on da other end of da hall, and Noel was heading dis way when we recorded her convoisation! (Meowth is interuppted when the door opens with a slam, revealing Noel)

Mizuirochou: What in the...

Noel: Come with me, Lina! (grabs Ierochou by the arm and starts dragging her to the door)

Ierochou: Let me go! You have the--

Noel: Silence! (struggles with Ierochou)

Kage: Meowth! We need a distraction!

Meowth: Hi-yah! (leaps onto Noel, which makes her release Ierochou's arm. Ierochou runs by Kochou's side as Kage leads everyone outside and into a closet, slamming the door behind him as music begins.)

Kochou: Don't look now, here comes trouble, (Trouble)
    Here comes trouble headin' my way... (Trouble)
    Once again, here comes trouble, (Trouble)
    Turnin' my blue skies to gray! (Kochou and the others hurry down the hall, right as Noel and her attendants spot them!)

Kochou and others: I feel trouble, trouble, trouble...
    I feel trouble, trouble, trouble,

Kochou: Comin' my way!
    I feel good, but here comes trouble,
    (Trouble)
    Here comes trouble, draggin' me down... (Trouble)
    With a jump here comes trouble, (Trouble)
    Turnin' my smile to a frown!

Kochou and others: I feel trouble, trouble, trouble...
    Comin' my way!
    I feel trouble, trouble, trouble...

Kochou: Comin' my way-ee-yay-ee-yay!!! (I feel trouble, Trouble, Trouble, Trouble, I feel trouble)

(Kochou and the others burst into Lina's and Karen's room, exhausted.)

Karen: What's the matter?

Lina: What on earth?

Kochou: I came to warn Lina!

Lina: Huh?

Kochou: Your younger sister Noel...she'll stop at nothing to get you out of the way so SHE can become successor, not you!

Karen: Noel's always been a brat, but I'd never dreamed she'd stoop that low!

Sarah: She has... (just as Noel and her attendants arrive, they find the queen and a few guards waiting for them.) and as punishment, she is banished to the dungeon. (Noel hangs her heads as the guads lead her out.) As for you, Lina, it's time for the ceremony... (Lina follows Sarah and the others out)

(We cut to a scene of the square, where all of the Mirage Kingdom has turned out to watch the naming ceremony. The crowd hushes as Lina, Sarah, and Karen approach a platform on the center of the square. Kochou and the Rockets wait nearby, on a stage)

Sarah: People of the Mirage! Tonight's ceremony was almost marred by treachery! (the crowd murmurs, interested) However, tragedy was averted, thanks to the unlikely alliance of Beautifly and Rocket! (the crowd cheers. Sachi and Niji bring a purple pillow with a jewel studded silver tiara on it to Sarah) It is now my privilige to present to you the crown princess...Lina! (the crowd roars as Sarah places the tiara on Lina's head)

Lina: Thank you...it is indeed an honor to be chosen as Mom's sucessor, and I promise to continue all the good things she has done for this land when my time comes to rule. (the crowd roars again) But as my first official act as crown princess, I'd like the so-called unlikely alliance that rescued us...to play a song together!

Yami: What?

Kochou: Really?

Lina: You deserve to, considering you rescued me!

Kochou: Okay...(snaps to count Midorichou off)

(music begins)

Meowth: Come on! Dance to da music!

Yami: Get on up, and dance to the music!

(The Beautiflies and the Rockets scat for a moment....)

All Beautiflies: Dance to the music! Dance to the music! Dance to the music! Dance to the music!

Kochou: All we need is a drummer...

Kage: For people who only need a beat, yeah!

(a spotlight comes up on Midorichou. Yami is nearby, shaking a tambourine to Midorichou's beat)

Meowth: I'm gonna add a little guitar, and make it easy to move your feet!

(With that, Kochou solos a little as a spotlight appears on him)

Yami: I'm gonna add some bottom,

Mizuirochou: So that the dancers just won't hide!

(the crowd begins to dance as Aiirochou joins in the song)

Akaichou: You might like to hear my organ,

Yami: I said "ride, Sally, ride!", now...

(a spotlight appears on Ierochou as she joins the song)

Meowth: If I could hear, da horns blow...set the air all aglow, yeah!

(Mizuirochou joins in on saxophone to complete the band)

Kage: Set the air jammin' with a message that's sayin'...

Yami: All is well!

Kochou: Yeah! (the band continues playing as the crowd dances)

Meowth: Listen to da voices!

(everyone scats some more)

Beautiflies and Rockets: Dance to the music! Dance to the music! Dance to the music! Dance to the music!.... (the Beautiflies and Rockets keep singing this as the crowd continues dancing)

Misty(voiceover) Next time, on "Kochou and the Beautiflies"...

(we see a ship in a storm)

Misty(voiceover): While we're on our way to our next destination, a storm rolls in, leaving Kochou and Yami stranded on an island! (we see Kochou and Yami on the island) Fourtunately, I told the captain to go back and get them before we go on. (we see the ship sailing in sunny weather) But I'm worried that Kochou and Yami might not make it off from the way they fight! (we see Kochou and Yami arguing) Can they put up with each other long enough for us to find them? Stay tuned!

EmeraldSky

Years
  • A preview:

(We open on the scene of a ship sailing on the water. Kochou speaks as Ash leads the others onto the main deck, where some Wingulls are circling overhead)

Kochou(voiceover): Our next leg of our tour led us to Petalburg City in Houen...May was happy to be seeing some of her family again, and I was just glad to be playing again without the Rockets in the way...but little did I know, I was about to be stuck with one of them for most of the day...

May: I hope Max enjoys our songs!

Niji: According to this letter from him... (she opens an envelope addressed to May) "I'm so looking foward to seeing Akaichou in peson! She looks so much like you, I keep thinking it's you strummming on the cool looking guitar rather than her...."

May(under her breath): Unbeknowst to him, I AM Akaichou! (giggles)

Brock: Speaking of playing, didn't the captain want the band to play tonight?

Niji: Yes, he did, and we will if Anabel gets better.. (we see Anabel hunched over the edge, seasick)

EmeraldSky

Years

(We see Misty and the band meeting with Queen Sarah)

Niji(voiceover): Our tour took us to the Mirage Kingdom, where Misty was reunited with her Togetic, Sachi. (we see Misty and Sachi hugging) Sachi led us to meet with the queen, Sarah, and Kochou and Midorichou both put on a very beautiful performance for Her Majesty. (We see scenes of the dancers from Kochou's song and the "dueling drums" scene) However, the youngest princess was jealous that her elder sister had been chosen for the throne, and the Rockets happened to overhear her plot! (we see the Rockets eavesdropping on Noel) On top of that, she mistook Ierochou for her sister, even! (we see Noel grappling with Ierochou) Together with the Rockets, we foiled the plot, and the eldest princess was named crown princess without further incident. (we see Lina being crowned)

Today we sail for Houen, but I sense stormy weather ahead!

Episode 20: Outwitted, Outplayed, and Outlasted!

(We open on the scene of a ship sailing on the water. Kochou speaks as Ash leads the others onto the main deck, where some Wingulls are circling overhead)

Kochou(voiceover): Our next leg of our tour led us to Petalburg City in Houen...May was happy to be seeing some of her family again, and I was just glad to be playing again without the Rockets in the way...but little did I know, I was about to be stuck with one of them for most of the day...

May: I hope Max enjoys our songs!

Niji: According to this letter from him... (she opens an envelope addressed to May) "I'm so looking foward to seeing Akaichou in person! She looks so much like you, I keep thinking it's you strumming on the cool looking guitar rather than her...."

May(under her breath): Unbeknowst to him, I AM Akaichou! (giggles)

Brock: Speaking of playing, didn't the captain want the band to play tonight?

Niji: Yes, he did, and we will if Anabel gets better.. (we see Anabel hunched over the edge, seasick)

(Meanwhile, the Rockets are over on another part of the ship, watching the waves, Meowth is swatting at the Wingulls, in hopes of catching one)

Kage: It sure was nice of the boss to give us a ticket to Petalburg...maybe we can hit the charts in Houen!

Yami: Come to think of it, he was interested in finding out who Kochou is himself after we told him of all we've done so far...

Meowth: True, dere's been setbacks, but I didn't know da boss even liked Kochou!

Yami: Yeah, how do you know he likes Silverhead?

Meowth: Just tink of da boss as a fan of Beauty-boy...

(the scene fades to show Giovanni listening to some music on some headphones...the tune being "Rock n' Roll Forever." Persian is grooving to the music as well)

Meowth(voiceover): He probably has loads of magazines with Beauty-boy's picture on them. (we see Giovanni reading one of the aforementioned magazines) He reads one of 'em at least once a day, so he can loin what makes Beauty-boy tick. (Giovanni raises an eyebrow at one article, then turns the page). Den, he puts on one of Beauty-boy's CDs so he can loin all da woids to every song. (we see Giovanni with headphones on again) And to top it off, he goes out to da karaoke place every weekend and tries to sing Beauty-boy's songs himself! (we see a scene of Giovanni wearing a Kochou wig and singing a very flat and off key version of "There's a Melody Playin'" as the words scroll by on a screen. Persian shakes her head in embarrassment as the dream fades out to the Rockets on the ship again)

Kage: Course, we're not allowed in the boss' private chamber, so I wouldn't know if any of that's true...

(Yami pictures two chibi versions of Kage and herself tiptoeing into Giovanni's chamber, only to be chased out by Chibi Giovanni)

Yami: Yeah, the boss is not something worth seeing if he's steamed...

(Back with our heroes, Misty is administering seasickness medicine to Anabel, until Niji flies out on the deck.)

Misty: Hm?

Anabel: What's the...(swallows the medicine) matter, Niji?

Niji: It's almost time for the show, that's what!

Misty: Oh my! (she franticaly puts the medicine away and dashes inside) Go on and get ready, I'll be prepping the stage for you!

Crystal: You heard Misty, let's go! (she leads the gang inside and back into their cabin, where Niji is waiting)

Niji: I'm going to power down your transformations here... (she loops over everyone, making the Beautifly balls disappear and making the rings return to how they were before) This way, you guys can be ready quicker!

May: Got it! (she touches the ruby in her ring and claps twice, her shirt lengthens and gains silver buttons. Next, she taps the ring on her shoes, making them turn into red high heels. Upon tapping the ring on her legs, she gains a white skirt with rubies dotting it. Finally, she claps over her head twice, and an electric guitar appears in her hands, as well as her hair turning red.)

(Brock touches the emerald in his ring and claps twice, making his shirt turn silver. Upon touching the jewel to his legs, he gains a pair of emerald studded pants and golden shoes, also studded with emeralds. Next, Brock claps twice over his head, making the rest of his normal clothes become a sparkling green jacket. Finally, he claps twice again, making his hair turn black and forming a pair of drum sticks in one hand.)

(Crystal touches the sapphire in her ring and claps twice, making gloves appear on her hands. When the sapphire is tapped on her feet, her shoes become aqua sandals studded with sapphires. Next, Crystal claps over her head, making her slip into a shirt that starts out royal blue at the top, then turns white at the bottom; followed by a aqua skirt. Finally, she claps twice again, and her hair is magically braided, plus a harmonica appears in her hand.)

(Whitney touches the topaz in her ring and claps twice, making her shirt and shorts turn into a short yellow dress. Touching the ring to her shoes turns them into small boots. Clapping over her head makes Whitney's hair turn yellow and put itself up in a ponytail, as well as making a yellow sash and small topazes appear on her costume. Whitney claps again, and lace appears on her costume.)

(Anabel touches the amethyst in her ring and claps twice, making her shirt gain purple sparkles. Touching the ring on her legs makes her capris lengthen into purple pants with matching shoes. Clapping over her head forms a purple vest with blue trim, which Anabel slips into; Anabel next claps twice again, lengthening her hair to shoulder length and forming a bass guitar in her hands.)

(Music cut)

Niji: Are we all ready?

Midorichou: Let's rock this boat! (he leads the others out, down a hallway, and into the stage door foyer, where Misty is waiting.)

Misty: Bout time, guys! The captain's introducing you guys right now! (a crowd cheering is heard off in the distance)

Kochou: Don't worry, we've got the perfect song for the occasion! (he motions for everyone to follow him onstage, where they get comfortable at their instruments. Once everyone is tuned and ready to play, Kochou eases an acoustic guitar around him and snaps a few times to count Midorichou off)

(music begins)

Kochou: Come on, shake your body baby, do the conga!
    I know you can't control yourself any longer!
    Come on, shake your body baby, do the conga!

(Midorichou and Ierochou lead the band into a Latin beat, which spurs a real conga line to start forming in the audience)

Feel the rhythm of the music getting stronger!
    Don't you fight it till you try to do the conga beat!

(we watch various shots of the conga line winding its way through the party hall as Midorichou solos for a moment. People young and old alike are joining the line, which snakes by the stage and the tables full of food. One of the very few people not dancing are the Rockets.)

(As the rest of the band joins in the song again, Yami sighs as she watches the line of people and Pokemon congaing past her)

Kochou: Everybody gather round, now
    Can't your body feel the heat?
    Don't you worry if you can't dance,
    Let the music move your feet!

It's the rhythm of the island,
    And that sugar cane so sweet!
    If you want to do the conga,
    You've got to listen to the beat!

(Midorichou breaks of to solo again as Kage, Yami, and Meowth continue to resist the urge to join the conga line)

(We look and notice Kage's and Yami's feet tapping, but Meowth has already joined the line, having grabbed onto an Azumarill. Kochou breaks off to solo as we watch the line make another lap around the room, with more people and Pokemon joining it at every twist and turn. Kochou smiles as he breaks off to solo, noting the length of the conga line as he sings again.)

Kochou: Feel the fire of desire as you dance the night away!
    Cause tonight we're gonna party till we see the break of day!
    Better get yourself together and hold onto what you've got!
    (at this point, Yami is resisting the urge to dance)
    Once the music hits your system, there's no way you're gonna stop!

(As Ierochou leads the next round of solos, Yami leaps up from her chair and drags Kage into the conga line)

Kage: Hey, Yami! (struggles to keep up with the dance and people joining him)

Yami: You heard Beauty-boy, now quit complaining and conga!

Meowth: Yeah, Kage, doin' da conga's fun!

Meowth: Conga! Conga! Everybody conga!

Yami: Yee-ha! Isn't this fun?

Don't you fight it till you try to do the conga,

Come on, shake your body baby, do the conga!

(Yami laughs with delight as she congas, while Kage just groans in pain)

Kochou: Come on, shake your body baby, do the conga! (the crowd roars as the band bows)

(Later, Yami sits under an umbrella and broods as the ship braves a raging storm. After a few minutes, Kage and Meowth find Yami out on the deck.)

Kage: Yami? What are you doing out here in this storm?

Yami: I wanted to get away from the party inside for some peace and quiet, which I had until this storm rolled in!

Meowth: Well, come on inside before you toin into a Yamisicle! (motions for Yami to follow, but before she can follow, a monstrous wave comes over the side of the ship, leaving Yami hanging onto the edge.)

Yami: Kage, help me! (struggles to hang on amid the wind and rain, but the rain on the rail is making her grip unstable.)

(Kage runs over to where Yami is hanging on for dear life and grabs her free hand.)

Kage: There, I've got you, now don't let go!

Yami: I'm...trying... (struggles to hang on, but the wind is growing stronger. Kochou and the others arrive just as a wind gust causes Kage to let go of Yami, sending her tumbling into the water)

Akaichou: Oh no!

Misty: Yami's going to freeze if we don't hurry! (rushes back inside.)

(Seeing Yami treading water gives Kochou an idea...after donning a rain suit and matching shoes, he makes a flying leap over the rail into the raging water, where Yami is struggling to stay afloat while drifting away from the ship. Midorichou sighs as Kochou paddles out to rescue Yami.)

Midorichou: While that was a brave deed of Kochou's, how are we going to find them once all this blows over?

(the stormy skies fade into a sunny day as Kochou and Yami come ashore on an island)

Kochou: There now...we made it. (sets the sopping wet Yami on the sand.)

Yami: We made it, all right..made it out to the middle of nowhere!

Kochou: Hey, I saved you, you should at least be glad we're alive!

Yami: Yeah, but what if we're left on this island to rot, forever? (we see Yami's thought: skeletons of herself and Kochou on the beach)

Kochou: We're not going to rot, okay? We'll make a signal fire, get some food, make some temporary housing...

Yami: But where are we going to get all of that? (gestures to the beach, where there's no sign of wood or trees. Kochou is getting annoyed by Yami's contant worrying)

Kochou: If you'll stop worrying, maybe we'll find some! (motions for Yami to follow him as music begins)

Yami: It takes a lot, (it takes a lot)
    To survive, (to survive)
    In this world! (we see Yami cutting through some vines)

(It takes a lot to survive in this world)

It takes a lot, (it takes a lot)
    To survive, (to survive)
    In this world!

It's a jungle out there,
    So you had better beware!

It takes a lot,
    (it takes a lot)
    To survive, (to survive)
    In this world!
    To survive! (to survive)

(dance break-we see various scenes of Kochou and Yami gathering wood and Berries, making some makeshift housing, and building a fire)

(It takes a lot to survive through the night!)

Yami: It takes a lot, (it takes a lot)
    To survive, (to survive)
    Through the night!

Don't go turnin' your back,
    No tellin what may attack!
    (we see a chibi Kochou being surprised by a Scyther)

To survive, (to survive)
    Through the night!

Life can be so hard!
    Boy, you'd better be on your guard! Ooh!

It takes a lot,
    (it takes a lot)
    To survive, (to survive)
    In this world!

(It takes a lot to survive in this world)

To survive (to survive)
    Through the night!

(It takes a lot to survive through the night!)

To survive, (to survive)
    In this life!
    (It takes a lot to survive in this life!)
    I will survive!

Yami: That is, if we don't die before we're rescued... (slumps to the ground again. Kochou just shakes his head.)

(Meanwhile, back on the ship, Misty and the other Beautiflies look out across the sea for any sign of Kochou or Yami. Kage joins them on the deck a few minutes later.)

Kage: Anything?

Misty: Nope...tell me again what caused Yami to fall overboard.

Kage: Well, she retreated on the deck to have some peace and quiet from the party... (we see Yami leaving the party hall, despite Kage's and Meowth's pleas) She was resting on the deck when the storm rolled in, and Meowth and I found her a few minutes later. (we see Kage telling Yami to come inside again). Then, a big wave sent her flying, and she gripped the rail. I ran and hung onto her, but the wind was too strong. (we see Kage letting go of Yami in slow motion, followed by Kochou leaping in the water) I'm thankful that Beauty-boy rescued her...

Akaichou: According to the captain, they went drifting towards Wartortle Island; towards the west...

Kage: Oh?

Mizuirochou: Maybe we could ask the captain to alter course and look for them there...

Ierochou: It's worth a shot! Let's go ask him! (she leads everyone inside)
    (Meanwhile, on the island, Yami is sleeping in a cave until some singing jolts her awake)

Yami: Why would Beauty-boy be singing at this hour of the night? (throws off her makeshift fur blanket and follows the sound as music begins. She finds Kochou on the beach, watching the waves and singing a song to himself.)

Kochou: When, I feel blue,
    I think of you,
    Cause you're true!
    Wherever you are,
    Near or far,
    You still are,
    My shining star...
    (we see an image of Misty in the stars)

Sometimes it's mad,
    Things get bad,
    And I'm sad,
    Wherever you are,
    There is light,
    By my side,
    I feel all right...

La, la la la,
    La la la,
    La la la,
    La la la la la,
    La la la,
    La la la,
    La la la...

La, la la la,
    La la la,
    La la la,
    La la la la la,
    La la la,
    La la la,
    La la la...

La, la la la...

(Wherever you are...)

Kochou: La la la... (he stetches as the song ends, until he spots Yami) Yami? What are you doing up?

Yami: Well..I heard your song and wondered what it is you were singing about...

Kochou: It's a hopeful song I made up just now...that Misty's out there, searching for me...wherever she is.

Yami: Can't help you there...

Kochou: I know that, but I say she's out there, looking, somewhere!

Yami: What about Kage? And Meowth?

Kochou: I'm sure they're looking for you, too...

Yami: And you know this because?

Kochou: Ever heard of faith? Believing in something despite evidence?

Yami: Yeah...

Kochou: That's what's keeping me going...it may not look it right now, but I know our friends are out there, looking for us.

Yami: But how do you know they're there? (Kochou sighs, frustrated that Yami is not understanding the concept of faith)

(Kochou walks off to another part of the beach, where the other Beautiflies, in spirit form, join him with their instruments as music begins)

Other Beautiflies: Ooh...

Kochou: Doo doo doo doo...

Here we are, riding high...
    We've come so far, we can touch the sky!

So why can't we live together?
    Can't we be friends?
    Why must we fight our brothers till the very end?

We really got a problem,
    We don't know how to fix yet...
    There ain't a special reason,
    We just can't do it!

Talk to me, scream and shout!
    Trust in me, we can work it out!
    (at this, Yami approaches the spectacle, both amazed and comforted)

We all know the world keeps turnin',
    One day at a time!
    Easier lessons for living we just couldn't find?

We really got a problem,
    We just can't do it!

So why can't we live together?
    Can't we be friends?
    Why must we fight our brothers till the very end?

Oh yeah!

(Yami is now sitting on the sand, listening to Kochou and the spirits of the Beautiflies perform)

Kochou: Won't you trust in me?

Yami(thinking): Kochou's been right all along...maybe I should listen to him if I wanna get off this island alive...

Kochou: I know we can make it, yeah!

Yami(thinking): Maybe Kochou's right about this whole faith thing...if I believe Kage and Meowth are out there looking for us, they'll come! (Yami smiles as she continues to listen)

Kochou: I close my eyes and look inside,
    A picture of how it should be...
    And I wonder if you can see what I see,
    Do you ever choose to live the way you do-oo-hoooo...

(We see Yami moving her head to the beat as Mizuirochou breaks off to solo on saxophone.)

Kochou: We really got a problem,
    We just can't do it!

We really got a problem,
    I know we got the pieces,
    But they just don't fit!

We really got a problem,
    We just can't do it...
    (the spirits of the Beautiflies fade away, making the music fade out. Yami sits down next to Kochou.)

Yami: Look...Beauty-boy...after hearing that song, I think I get what you mean when you talk about faith...

Kochou: Hmm?

Yami: Up until you explained it to me a few minutes ago...I'd never heard of such a thing before...

Kochou: Oh?

Yami: Y'see, my childhood wasn't as happy as yours probably was...

(flashback-we see Yami as a child sitting in a bedroom, crying.)

Yami(voiceover): My father passed on before I was born, and I didn't see my mom very much either. (in the flashback, a short haired woman appears, sits down, and holds Child Yami close) Our family was already very poor, and Dad dying didn't help very much. (we see Child Yami helping the woman in a store)

While most kids my age had a mother and father to look up to, the times I did see my mom were so few and far between... (we see Child Yami looking enviously on a mother and child) I was desprate for someone to love me. (Child Yami screams in frustration) That's when Giovanni came and adopted me as a Rocket...he showed me what love really felt like. (we see Child Yami getting an R-shaped pin, while a crowd of Rockets applaud) Before long, I met Kage... (we see Child Kage and Child Yami playing) and we became fast friends. (Child Kage and Child Yami hug) When we both came of age, we became partners and began training to become full fledged Rockets. (we see Adult Kage and Adult Yami holding hands as the flackback fades)

Now that you've come along, I've been rethinking some of what Giovanni once told me all those years ago...did my mom really not care for me? Did I not see her because she didn't like me?

Kochou: Of course not...sometimes parents have to make great sacrifices for their children, like your mom did...that's part of true love. (music begins again)

Yami: Really?

Kochou: Yeah...

Love's not easy... (Love's not easy)
    But we've gotta keep on trying,
    Gotta keep hangin' on!

Love's not easy...
    (Love's not easy)
    But we can't give up fighting,
    Though hope seems gone...

As long as there's a chance,
    We've got to do our best!
    And babe, if we have faith,
    I know we'll pass the test!

Love's not easy...
    (Love's not easy)
    But I'll never stop lovin' you,
    With all my heart...

Love's not easy...
    (Love's not easy)
    Love...

(Yami brushes away a tear)

Yami: You know, Kochou...if Mom's still out there, I want to do the one thing I never did for her when I was little...

Kochou: Which is?

Yami: Saying "I love you"... (Yami suddenly hears a boat whistle off in the distance) Huh?

Kochou: Look! (he points off in the distance, where we see the ship approaching!)

Yami: We're saved! (she and Kochou climb aboard a lifeboat, which takes them to the ship. Once aboard, everyone celebrates: the Beautiflies crowd around Kochou, and Kage joyfully hugs Yami. Kochou speaks as Misty hugs him)

Kochou(voiceover): So after hours of being stranded on an island, and nearly killing each other in the process; I think I finally got through Yami's happy-go-lucky exterior and found her true self: a little girl wanting to be loved. (we see Kage and Yami hugging again.) But only time would tell whether or not she would remember my lessons of faith and true love; and make good on her promise to find her mother. Until then, I could always hope... (Kochou watches the waves as the ship sails off.)

(an instrumental of "When Tomorrow Comes" plays as the word "Next..." appears onscreen)

Akaichou(voiceover): Next time, on "Kochou and the Beautiflies"...

(We see Norman and Caroline swing dancing)

Akaichou(voiceover): We make it to Petalburg in time to see my family again, but Max accidentally sees me transform! (we see Max looking shocked as May transforms into Akaichou) But it's also a bit of deja vu when we learn one of the region's first recording studios is going to be torn down, and we're chosen to headline the concert to save it! (we see Kochou singing as a crowd dances) Can we save a piece of history? Stay tuned!

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Years
  • The song list for Episode 21:

Beautifly songs:

"Rock Around the Clock"
    "Bop"
    "Rock n' Roll Forever"

Rocket songs:

"Take a Hike"
    "Queen of Rock n' Roll"

Beautifly/Rocket duet:

"King/Queen of Rock n' Roll" (this song is different from the Rocket song "Queen of Rock n' Roll")

EmeraldSky

Years

(We see Kochou diving into some stormy waves)

Niji(voiceover): While on the way to our next tour stop, we got caught up in a raging storm! (we see the ship braving the storm) All the waves sent Yami overboard, but Kochou braved the waves to rescue her! (we see Yami falling into the raging sea, followed by Kochou swimming out to her) Both of them washed up on Wartortle Island, where they almost killed each other fighting! (we see Kochou and Yami arguing) Fortunately, Misty convinced the captain to go back and find them, and we found them alive and well! (we see Kochou and Yami hugging their peers)

Today we've come to Petalburg City, where a piece of history is in danger!

Episode 21: Blast from the Past!

(We open on a scene of Petalburg City, but we look inside one particular house, where we see Caroline at a stove, cooking breakfast. Max is nearby at the table, munching on cereal and reading a section of the newspaper. Suddenly, Max nealry chokes on some ceral when he sees one particular headline.)

Max: No way! (reads the headline) "Petalburg Records to be closing down"?

Caroline: What is it, Max?

Max: It says here (points out the headline) that they'll be closing down Petalburg Studios!

Caroline: I can't believe it! The studios was were many of the bands I grew up listening to recorded their albums! In fact, Kochou and the Beautiflies remind me of a band Norman and I used to dance to a lot called the Pretty Wings.

Max: The Pretty Wings?

Caroline: They were very popular when Norman and I were growing up...

(flashback-Teen Norman and Teen Caroline sit at a booth at a burger joint, enjoying a meal together.)

Caroline(voiceover): In fact, whenever Norman took me out to eat at the hamburger place, the meal was not complete without dancing to the Pretty Wings. (Teen Norman inserts a quarter into a jukebox, making a 50's style rock beat play. Teen Norman and Teen Caroline dance to the song as the scene fades.)

Max: Petalburg Studios was where bands like the Pretty Wings recorded, right?

Caroline: Yes... (about this time, Norman enters the kitchen and takes the coffeepot to the table)

Norman: What's all this about Petalburg Studios?

Max: The paper says it's going to close! (shows Norman the headline)

Norman: Hmm... (he reads the story as he sips his coffee) They can't do this! The studios are a historical treasure, and they can't just close it down like this!

Caroline: Remember when we submitted it to the Houen Register of Historic Places, hon?

Norman: If it's closed, it won't be on the Register! (Norman is interrupted by the doorbell) I wonder who that could be? (he gets up and opens the door, where May and the others are on the stoop) May, sweetheart! Come on in!

May: Hi, Dad! (she hugs Norman) I hope I'm not interrupting anything...

Norman: No you're not, we were just sitting down to breakfast. (he returns to the table and his waiting breakfast)

May: I heard they're trying to close down the famed Petalburg Studios...

Caroline: It'll be a real shame if it is...because then it can't be added to the Houen Register of Historic Places!

Ash: Not if Kochou and the Beautiflies can save it!

(everyone stares at Ash)

Ash: I mean, they owe their thanks to all those famed rock stars that came before, so if they can save an historic theater, they can definitely save a historic recording studio! (some light applause)

Brock: Well said, Ash...I never knew you were such a good inspirational speaker... (everyone laughs as Ash blushes, embarrassed)

Misty: Just say the word, and I can get the Beautiflies to play a concert to save the studios!

Caroline: What a great idea!

Max: Awesome!

Norman: I'm willing to just about anything to save the studios...the songs that came out of there was what brought me and Caroline together all those years ago...and now it's my turn to return the favor! (everyone cheers again)

(Meanwhile, in another part of the house, Niji watches as Ash and the others get settled in.)

Niji: I must admit, Ash; you've got real talent in rallying others!

Crystal: Yeah, great speech, Ash!

Ash: Judging from how Norman and Caroline feel about this, I can tell it's important to them, so we're going to try and save it, for them, and the city of Petalburg.

May: Then let's get going!

(Max happens to peek in the room at this point. He watches, dumbfounded, as May touches the ruby in her ring and claps twice, her shirt lengthens and gains silver buttons. Next, she taps the ring on her shoes, making them turn into red high heels. Upon tapping the ring on her legs, she gains a white skirt with rubies dotting it. Finally, she claps over her head twice, and an electric guitar appears in her hands, as well as her hair turning red.)

Max: I was probably just imagining things...May can't actually BE Akaichou....

(Brock touches the emerald in his ring and claps twice, making his shirt turn silver. Upon touching the jewel to his legs, he gains a pair of emerald studded pants and golden shoes, also studded with emeralds. Next, Brock claps twice over his head, making the rest of his normal clothes become a sparkling green jacket. Finally, he claps twice again, making his hair turn black and forming a pair of drum sticks in one hand.)

(Crystal touches the sapphire in her ring and claps twice, making gloves appear on her hands. When the sapphire is tapped on her feet, her shoes become aqua sandals studded with sapphires. Next, Crystal claps over her head, making her slip into a shirt that starts out royal blue at the top, then turns white at the bottom; followed by a aqua skirt. Finally, she claps twice again, and her hair is magically braided, plus a harmonica appears in her hand.)

(Whitney touches the topaz in her ring and claps twice, making her shirt and shorts turn into a short yellow dress. Touching the ring to her shoes turns them into small boots. Clapping over her head makes Whitney's hair turn yellow and put itself up in a ponytail, as well as making a yellow sash and small topazes appear on her costume. Whitney claps again, and lace appears on her costume.)

(Anabel touches the amethyst in her ring and claps twice, making her shirt gain purple sparkles. Touching the ring on her legs makes her capris lengthen into purple pants with matching shoes. Clapping over her head forms a purple vest with blue trim, which Anabel slips into; Anabel next claps twice again, lengthening her hair to shoulder length and forming a bass guitar in her hands.)

(Music cut)

(Kochou looks into the living room from the top of the stairs, where he sees Norman admiring an old picture of a younger version of himself and a younger Caroline)

Kochou: Ah, nostalgia...

(Mizuirochou plays a quick saxophone interlude as we enter a flashback)

Kochou: Put on your bobby socks, baby! (we see Teen Caroline doing that)
    Roll up your old blue jeans! (we see Teen Norman doing that)
    There's a band playin' down at the armory, (we see a building with a few jeeps parked in front of it)
    That knows what rock n' roll really means! (we a see a crowd inside the building dancing to a band, Teen Norman and Teen Caroline included)

I wanna ride in your '55 T-bird, (we see Teen Norman and Teen Caroline riding in the aformentioned car)
    Drive through some old memories... (the car drives through a swirling mass of scenes and years)
    I ain't after your body, baby,
    I just want you to dance with me!
    (we see Teen Norman and Teen Caroline dancing again)

I wanna bop with you baby, all night long!
    I wanna bop the night away!
    I wanna make it a night like it used to be,
    When our hearts were young and our souls were free!

I wanna be-bop with you baby, till the break of dawn!

(Mizuirochou plays another interlude as we return to the present)

Kochou: I got an old photograph in my pocket, (we see the aforementioned picture in Norman's pocket)
    We were still in our teens... (Norman admires the picture of himself and Caroline as teens)
    I know I feel a lot older now,
    But you still look the same to me...
    (Norman smiles at Caroline, who is watching it rain outside)

Honey, you don't ever laugh like you used to... (Norman puts a hand on Caroline, which comforts her a little)
    I don't wanna see you blue!
    If you ain't busy tonight, and you think it's all right, (Norman leads Caroline into the kitchen, where he turns on the radio)
    This is what I wanna do... (Norman and Caroline dance again)

I wanna bop the night away!
    All when our hearts were young and free!

Other Beautifles: Let's twist and shout!

Kochou: Oh, just like in the good ol' days...

Other Beautiflies: Baby, watch out!

Kochou: You know I just can't stand it when you look at me that way!

I wanna bop with you baby, all night,

When our hearts were young and our souls were free!

When our hearts were young and free!
    (Norman and Caroline continue to dance as the band trades solos. Max watches from the top of the stairs, content.)

Max: Thanks, Kochou...seeing Mom and Dad dance makes me happy too...

(Meanwhile, the Rockets huddle in a house overlooking the studio, discussing a blueprint)

Kage: ...and there's our new base!

Yami: Oh boy! The sooner they move that old studio out, the sooner we can move in and turn it into a base!

Meowth: I claim dis room! (points out a room on the blueprint)

Yami: I had it first!

Meowth: No! I had it foist, fair and square!

(Kage sighs as Yami and Meowth argue. He finally whistles to get their attention)

Yami: Huh?

Kage: The only thing standing in the way of our plan is all the hoopla Petalburg is generating about the studio...something about it being a historical treasure or something like that. (he shows Yami and Meowth a newspaper that says "KOCHOU AND THE BEAUTIFLIES TO HEADLINE BENEFIT CONCERT")

Meowth: Who cares about Beauty-boy and the townsfolk?

Yami: They can take a hike!

[music begins]

Yami: Jack, take a hike!
    Take a hike, Jack, hit the road!
    (we see that Yami is addressing a crowd of townsfolk and the Beautiflies)
    Get on outta here!
    Before I make this place explode!
    (Yami presses down on a detonator, transforming the studios into a Rocket base)

Kage: Jack, take a walk,
    Take a walk, Jack, disappear!
    (The crowd disappears with a poof)
    Can't you take a hint?
    You're not wanted here!
    (Kage shows Kochou a sign depicting a Beautifly in a circle with a line through it)

Meowth: Pack your bags, (some suitcases appear by the Beautiflies)
    Move on out!
    Get, get, goin', goin' gone!
    (Meowth shoos the Beautiflies away)

Kage: Jack, take a hike!
    Take a hike, Jack, outta my way!
    (Kage shoves Kochou to the ground)
    'Ya hear me loud and clear?
    Take a hike, today!

Yami: Jack, take a hike
    Take a hike, Jack, hit the road!
    Get on outta here,
    Before I make this place explode!
    (the Rockets laugh as Yami transforms the studios again before the dream sequence fades)

Meowth: I can't wait to trounce Beauty-boy tomorrow mornin'! (the other Rockets laugh in agreement)

(the next morning, Norman, Caroline, Max, and the other denizens of Petalburg watch as an outdoor stage is prepped.)

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen...presenting Kochou and the Beautiflies!

Kochou: 1, 2, 3 o'clock, 4 o'clock, rock!
    5, 6, 7 o'clock, 8 o'clock, rock!
    9, 10, 11 o'clock, 12 o'clock rock!
    We're gonna rock, around, the clock tonight!

Put your glad rags on, join me, hon!
    We'll have some fun when the clock strikes one!

Gonna rock around the clock tonight!
    We're gonna rock, rock, rock; till broad daylight!
    Gonna rock, gonna rock around the clock tonight!

When the clock strikes 2, 3, and 4,
    If we're slowin' down, please yell for more!

(We see Norman and Caroline dancing, along with others in the crowd, as Kochou breaks off to solo)

Kochou: When the chimes ring 5, 6, and 7,
    We'll be right in seventh heaven!

When it's 8, 9, 10, 11 too
    I'm still goin' strong and so are you!

(the crowd continues to dance as Akaichou and Mizuirochou solo together)

Kochou: When the clock strikes 12, we'll cool off, then
    Start a'rockin' around, the clock again!

(the crowd roars with applause, until we hear a crash off in the distance)

Aiirochou: Huh?

Ierochou: Oh no...

(the lights on a second stage appear on the Rockets)

Kage: And sing our own song throughout our nation...

Kage: Our song will rise to the stars above...

Yami: Team Rocket! Rock on at the speed of light! (an R in a music note appears behind the stage for a few seconds)

Kage: Start singing your last number, or prepare to fight...

Meowth: Meowth! Dat's right!

(electric guitar chord)

Kage, Yami and Meowth: Ha, ha, ha, he, he, he, he
    (Rockets!)

(music picks up)

Yami: Baby, can't you see?
    You are lookin' at royalty!
    I possess the crown,
    Cause I'm the best thing goin' round!

Every song I sing,
    Becomes the latest thing!
    I sit on the throne,
    Cause I'm the best thing the world has known!

Mizuirochou: You can't just crash our show like this, Rockets! (the Rockets stop their song)

Kage: Oh, you want a challenge?

Kochou: Bring it on!

[music begins]

Yami: Sun goes down, I'm just getting up,
    I'm headed for the city lights!
    (we see the Rockets in a car, en route to a city in the distance)
    Radio blasting on the way to the club,
    Gonna rock this town tonight!
    (we see Yami singing to a crowd of fans)

"You're livin' in a man's world" they tell me,
    But I'm not gonna buy it!
    The things they're tryin' to sell me now!

Cos I'm the queen of rock n' roll!
    Ooh-hoo!
    I am the queen of rock n' roll!
    Rock n' roll!

Kochou: Whoa, yeah!

Heads up, and I'm ready to go!
    My guitar is in my hand!
    (Kochou shows off his instrument for emphasis)
    There's nothing more that I'd rather do,
    Than play with my rock n' roll band!
    (he gestures to the Beautiflies)

What we have is what we'll be giving,
    Heading for the top,
    Don't you know?
    We'll never stop believing now!

Cos I'm the king of rock n' roll!
    You'd better believe it!
    Yeah, yeah, yeah!
    I am the king of rock n' roll!
    Rock n' roll!

Yami: I am the queen,
    I am the queen,
    (she approaches the Beautiflies' stage)

Kochou: I am the king,
    I am the king,
    (he approaches the Rocket's stage)

[the crowd roars as Kochou breaks off to solo]

Misty: Come on guys! Make some noise! [the crowd cheers again as Mizuirochou solos]

Kochou: I am the king of rock n' roll!
    Oh!

Yami: I am the queen of rock n' roll!
    Better be believin' that I am!

Rock and ro-o-o-o-oll!

Yami: I am the queen of rock 'n roll!
    Rock and rock and roll!

Rock and roll!

Yami: I am the queen of rock n' roll!
    Rock and rock and roll!

Gonna rock and roll and rock and roll...
    [he continues]

Yami(singing over Kochou): I am the queen of rock n' roll!

[by this time the noise of the crowd signals that Kochou is the clear winner of the duel of voices]

You'd better believe it!
    Yeah, yeah, yeah!
    Rock n' roll!
    [the crowd noise nearly deafens the final chord of music. Misty smiles as the Beautiflies bow.]

Announcer: Wow! With a performance like that, Kochou and the Beautiflies clearly win this duel!

Caroline: And... (she and Norman unveil a gold plate designating Petalburg Studios as a historic landmark. The Rockets are shocked at this)

Norman: Thank you, Beautiflies!

Mizuirochou: We did it!

Midorichou: Sing it again, Kochou! (he resumes his beat from earlier)

You'd better believe it!
    Yeah, yeah, yeah!
    Rock n' roll!
    (the crowd roars again)

(an instrumental of "When Tomorrow Comes" plays as the word "Next..." appears)

Midorichou(voiceover): Next time, on "Kochou and the Beautiflies"...

(we see Raikous, Enteis, and Suicunes racing around a track)

Midorichou(voiceover): We return to Johto and meet up with the Beast Riders again! (we see Josh and Kochou hugging) When they're not busy guarding important guests, they like racing their beautiful mounts, and they want us to sing before one such race! (we see Kochou singing) But the Rockets also want a share of the action, and decide to put an up and coming rider out of competition! (we see a Suicune crashing into a wall) Can Kochou harness the power of a Beast and save the day? Stay tuned! (We see Kochou riding a Suicune)

EmeraldSky

Years

(we see Norman and Caroline unveiling a plaque on a building)

Niji: We arrive in Petalburg City only to learn that a treasured recording studio, where many bands of the 50's, 60's and early 70's recorded, was going to close unless something was done to distinguish it as a historic landmark (we see Norman and Caroline talking) We decided to pitch in after Ash gave us a fitting inspirational speech (we see Ash talking to the gang) and give a benefit concert for the historical society. (we see the band playing on a stage) However, the Rockets wanted to use the building as a base, but we outsang them and outplayed them in a true battle of the bands! (we see clips from the "King/Queen of Rock n' Roll" scene)

Today, though, we're meeting up with our friends the Beast Riders again, where we're going to sing before a thrilling Beast race!

(We join the gang in their lounge. Ash is playing with Pikachu, May is reading a book, Anabel is helping Niji do laundry, Crystal and Whitney are doing each other's hair, Brock is watching TV, and Misty is checking e-mail. After going through and deleting the spam, Misty recognizes one screenname in her inbox: "RaikouRiderLegend"

Misty: Guys! Come see this!

Ash: What is it? (he, May, Crystal, and Whitney run over to Misty's computer, where they see a glimpse of Misty's inbox, which reads "Welcome to KOL, LadyCascade" at the top)

Misty: It's from Beast Rider Josh!

Brock: The Beast Riders? Really? (he mutes the TV and runs to look)

Misty: It says, "Dear Beautiflies...after the success of your last show here, the Pokemon Racing Federation (PRF) wants you to come sing "Unbeatable" at our next race on Victory Road this week...

Brock: The PRF...turns out I was just watching the highlights of the Mirage Island race! (we see a glimpse of the TV screen, which depicts Raikous, Enteis, and Suicunes running around a twisting road)

Misty: How bout it? Think Kochou should sing Unbeatable?

May: Yes!

Anabel: I heard of an up and coming rider that's becoming the talk of the town!

Crystal: Then what are we waiting for???????? (everyone scrambles to get ready as Misty prepares to make a few calls)

(The next morning, a Lugia drops the gang off at the entrance to the race track. Some Beasts are already on the track making qualifying runs.)

Whitney: Wow...

Anabel: This place is huge! (she is about to lead the others inside when Niji blocks the entrance)

Niji: Before you go inside... (pauses for a moment as Misty and some PRF personnel go inside an office) transform so the riders will recognize you...

May: Sure! (she touches the ruby in her ring and claps twice, her shirt lengthens and gains silver buttons. Next, she taps the ring on her shoes, making them turn into red high heels. Upon tapping the ring on her legs, she gains a white skirt with rubies dotting it. Finally, she claps over her head twice, and an electric guitar appears in her hands, as well as her hair turning red.)

(Music cut)

Aiirochou: Let's go! (she leads the gang inside the track and onto the pit lane, where some riders are waiting to make a run. Josh notes the band approaching and guides his mount towards the group)

Josh: Welcome back, Kochou... (he notes his mount is licking Kochou profusely)

Kochou: Yeah, Swift, I missed you too...

Mizuirochou: Nice place to race, if I say so myself...

Josh: Glad you like it...one of the new faces you'll meet while you're here is Ame... (he gestures to a short black haired girl tending to her Suicune) She's had a great start to her career already---

(before Josh can say more, Ace butts into the conversation, with Aravan nearby)

Ace: And she's a big fan of you guys, especially your song "Golden Sky"! That song is still topping the charts here for the third week in a row!

Kochou: I know, that was our first hit single from our third album...

Aravan: I've never heard it...

Ace: It's the one that goes (sings really badly) Let us fly-yai-yai-yai-yai, la-di-da-di-da-di-da, to the golden sky! (Kochou is appalled by the singing)

Kochou: Ace, please...

Josh: Not in front of the master singer!

Aravan: I'd rather Kochou himself sing it, not you! (Ace stops his horrible rendition of the song and slinks away as the band sets up. Off in the distance, the black haired girl leaves the pit lane to start her run...)

(music begins as the Suicune races around the track)

Kochou: Welcome to the wonderland, a place for you and me,
    If you treat me right, then maybe you will have a key...
    This world is very special, and I'll show it just for you!
    All you have to say is "Yes, I do!"

Let us fly-yai-yai-yai-yai, la-di-da-di-da-di-da,
    To the golden sky!
    It's the paradise of smiles
    Where the sun always shines,
    La-da-di-da-di-da-di-da....

To the golden sky!

To the golden sky!

To the golden sky!
    (The Suicune and her rider race into a turn as the scene fades to the band finishing the song)

(Later, the band is jamming as the girl and her Suicune return. The girl is surprised and awed as she climbs off her mount, amazed her favorite band is trackside.)

Ame: I can't believe it.....Kochou and the Beautiflies, here at Victory Road?

Josh: Of course...they'll be singing "Unbeatable" tomorrow....

Ame: WOW!!!!!!! (she runs onstage and shoves an autograph book in Kochou's face) Can I have your autograph, Kochou?

Kochou: Easy, Ame... (he takes the autograph book and signs his name in it with a silver Beautifly print pen, which writes silver ink) There. (gives the book back. Ame is surprised to find that the signature sparkles) And as an added bonus, (he retreats to his waiting guitar and mic) we'll even play a song for you! (Ame gains star eyes for a moment, but before Kochou can count Midorichou off, music begins as lights come up on a second stage, where the Rockets are playing.)

Yami: Sun goes down, I'm just getting up,
    I'm headed for the city lights!
    (we see the Rockets in a car, en route to a city in the distance)
    Radio blasting on the way to the club,
    Gonna rock this town tonight!
    (we see Yami singing to a crowd of fans)

"You're livin' in a man's world" they tell me,
    But I'm not gonna buy it!
    The things they're tryin' to sell me now!

Cos I'm the queen of rock n' roll!
    Ooh-hoo!
    Rock n' roll!

Kochou: Whoa, yeah!

Heads up, and I'm ready to go!
    My guitar is in my hand!
    (Kochou shows off his instrument for emphasis)
    There's nothing more that I'd rather do,
    Than play with my rock n' roll band!
    (he gestures to the Beautiflies)

What we have is what we'll be giving,
    Heading for the top,
    Don't you know?
    We'll never stop believing now!

Cos I'm the king of rock n' roll!
    You'd better believe it!
    Yeah, yeah, yeah!
    Rock n' roll!

Yami: I am the queen,
    I am the queen,
    (she approaches the Beautiflies' stage)

Kochou: I am the king,
    I am the king,
    (he approaches the Rocket's stage)

[the crowd of Beasts and riders roar as Kochou breaks off to solo. Misty runs down from the press box to see what's going on.]

Misty: Come on guys! Make some noise! [the crowd cheers again as Mizuirochou solos]

Josh(to his mount): Swift, help Kochou out! (the Raikou by Josh's side purrs in reply)

Ace(to his mount): You too, Blaze! (his Entei nods, and follows Aravan's Suicune, Chill, to the stage, where all three stand behind the band)

Swift, Blaze, Chill: He is the king of rock n' roll!

Kochou: Oh! (Some Umbreons join Yami, Kage, and Meowth on the Rocket stage)

Umbreons: She is the queen of rock n' roll!

Yami: Better be believin' that I am! (Lugia and the Legendary Birds fly down to join the Beasts onstage)

Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres: He is the king of rock n' roll!

Kochou: Rock and ro-o-o-o-oll! (some Murkrows fly down to join the Rockets)

Murkrows: She is the queen of rock 'n roll!

Yami: Rock and rock and roll! (Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi join the crowd of Legendaries on the Beautifly stage)

Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi: He is the king of rock n' roll!

Kochou: Rock and roll! (some Gligars join the crowd of Pokemon on the Rocket stage)

Gligars She is the queen of rock n' roll!

Yami: Rock and rock and roll! (a crowd of all twelve starter Pokemon join the band and Legendaries)

All starters: He is the king of rock n' roll!

Kochou: Gonna rock and roll and rock and roll... [he continues]

Yami(singing over Kochou): I am the queen of rock n' roll!

[by this time the noise of the crowd signals that Kochou is the clear winner of the duel of voices]

You'd better believe it!
    Yeah, yeah, yeah!
    Rock n' roll!
    [the crowd noise nearly deafens the final chord of music. Misty smiles as the Beautiflies bow.]

Yami: I'm jealous...

Kage: How come WE didn't get the Legendaries to sing with us? (he leads his comrades to their private skybox, where they watch the festivities on the pit lane from above)

Meowth: Maybe...

Kage and Yami: Hm?

Meowth: What if we got dat rooke racer out of contention as payback for da Beautiflies? (he points out Ame dancing in the crowd)

Kage: Meowth, you're a genius!

(music begins as the three Rockets huddle around a table)

Kage: If you want people knowin' your name,
    You've gotta stay,
    Ahead of the game!
    Ahead of the game!

Kage, Yami, and Meowth: Ahead of the game,
    The winners stay,
    Ahead of the game,
    If you're goin' after fortune and fame!
    You gotta stay,
    Ahead of the game!

Yami: Every move you make,
    Must keep you in first place!
    You make one mistake,
    Someone's gonna trump your ace!

Kage, Yami, and Meowth: Ahead of the game,
    You gotta stay,
    Ahead of the game,
    If you don't want it to go up in flames!
    You gotta stay
    Ahead of the game!
    You gotta stay
    Ahead of the game!
    (the Rockets laugh as the music ends)

Yami: Say goodbye, rookie...

(The next morning, the Beautiflies are resting in their trailer when Josh--now in racing attire--bursts inside, exhausted)

Niji: Great rider, what's wrong?

Kochou: Yeah, you look like you just saw something terrible happen!

Josh: Something terrible DID happen! (he calms down for a moment as Ace and Aravan, also in racing attire, join him in the room.) Ame...she was involved in a horrible crash during final practice last night! (everyone gasps)

Mizuirochou: What happened?

Aravan: Based on my understanding....

(flashback-we Ame and Rain on the track again)

Aravan(voiceover): Ame and Rain were having a great run until Rain slipped on a slick substance.... (we see Rain slipping on a substance that looks like oil) and slid into the wall. (we see Rain crash into the wall, sending Ame flying.) At the speed she was going, both of them would have had very serious injuries at best... (we see Rain limping from the track and Ame struggling to get up) But, miraculously, Rain escaped with a few minor injuries, albeit being very shaken up... (we see Rain being tended to in a Pokemon Center as the flashback fades)

Midorichou: And Ame? Is she okay?

Aravan: She escaped with only a broken ankle...thank Arseus that it wasn't worse...

Ace: But now we need someone to race on Ame's behalf on her backup mount, Picha....so any volunteers?

(Nincadas chirp as the Beautiflies sit, silent.)

Midorichou: I'm gonna opt out of this one, gang...the G's would be too much for me!

Aiirochou: Yeah, the other riders probably wouldn't like a caution flag for tossed cookies! (everyone laughs hysterically at this)

Niji: Would you want to try and ride, Aiirochou?

Aiirouchou: Nah...fastest I can handle is 70 miles an hour...

Mizuirochou: High speeds would ruin my hairdo! (tosses her braids back)

Ierochou: I can't even ride a Ponyta, much less a Legendary Beast!

Niji: How about you, Kochou?

Kochou: I'd love to try...but I'd probably get thrown off....

Misty: I will...

Other Beautiflies: Huh?

Niji: You'd be willing to accept the risk and tame a Legendary Beast?

Misty: Suicune is the water Beast, right?

Midorichou: Forgot that Misty's a natural around Water Pokemon...

Misty: I'd love to try and ride Picha, and win the gold medallion for Ame's sake! (smiles proudly as the others applaud)

Josh: Okay, then....come with me and I'll take you to see Picha. (Misty follows the three riders outside...)

(an instrumental of "Golden Sky" plays as we see Misty training with a Suicune: first being led around the training arena, learning the basics of riding, learning to control the Beast, and racing tips. Before long, we see Misty in racing attire, running laps on Picha like a pro.)

(The scene fades to show the stands at Victory Road packed to the brim. Misty waves to the Beautiflies from her place in the starting grid as they take the stage at trackside.)

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your hats as we welcome Kochou and the Beautiflies to Victory Road... (some cheers from the crowd as Kochou steps to the microphone. The Beautiflies stand nearby.) and honor our Leagues with the performance of "Unbeatable".

(a slow guitar intro plays over the speakers)

Kochou: Whoa, I'm unbeatable...

(the music picks up into a guitar, fiddle and whistle riff)

Kochou: Walking down this endless highway,
    Nothing but my friends beside me,
    We'll never give in, we'll never rest,
    This advanced battle is the ultimate test!
    Darkness yearns for the earth, the land, the sea, and sky,
    They can never win, but they sure can try!

(Misty waves to Ame, who is watching from the stands, during the whistle solo)

Kochou: Whoa, I'm unbeatable!
    This power in my heart!
    Whoa, I'm undefeatable!
    From the stars and the ancient past,
    They come to play but they never last...

Whoa, I'm unbeatable!
    This power of our spirits!
    Whoa, I'm undefeatable!
    Forever united!
    I'm unbeatable!
    (the crowd roars in response as Kochou bows)

Announcer: And now, it's time for the most famous words in Beast Racing!

Kochou: Riders! Take your mark! (more cheers and Beast howls fill the air as the field prepares for racing)

Misty(to her mount): Let's do it, Picha...for your master. (the Suicune nods as she moves out onto the track)

(Elsewhere, the Rockets watch, amazed, as Misty and Picha step on the track...unaware it's Misty riding.)

Yami: No way! We went to all that trouble to tamper with the track...

Kage: They must've fixed our mess and hired a backup rider... (Yami grumbles when she sees that the place where Ame crashed is cleaned.)

(On the track, Misty and Picha weave through a few curves before climbing down a sharp dip, which leads into a winding series of curves through several caves. Next, they enter a large lit cave packed with sharp turns, making the rumbling of paws quiet for a moment. When they come out, the pack speeds up into a run and sail over a gap in the track! After an S curve and another quick hop, they race through another S curve and down a very steep slope. After a brief sprint down the backstretch, Misty is careful easing Picha into a chicane. Another quick hop follows the tough turn. The track widens into four lanes, two of which are frozen. The track narrows back into two lanes as the pack enters another cave...Misty is careful to watch the turns and that Picha isn't brushing the wall. After zipping down a straightaway, the pack enters the last cave. Upon exit, the pack climbs back up a hill to the Start/Finish line. Akaichou is the first to see the pack climbing up the hill)

Akaichou: Here they come!

Mizuirochou: Don't forget to cheer!

Midorichou: Come on, Misty! Come from behind and win for Ame!

(music begins as the green flag drops, making the stadium rumble with the noise of 120 paws rushing by. Kochou sings in the background as Misty and Picha jockey for position)

Kochou: The race ain't over yet, baby!
    It's only just begun!
    (Misty passes a rider heading into the lit cave)
    They thought they had it won, baby!
    But soon we'll have em on the run!
    (Misty powers into the backstretch!)

I'm comin' from behind,
    Watch out, watch out!
    Behind!
    Watch as we disappear,
    When I shift into high gear!
    (A group of riders, Misty included, pull away from the main pack)

Thought that we had lost, baby,
    But they'll find out they're wrong!
    (Niji watches as Misty and Picha slowly climb up the rankings with each lap)
    I'll rev it up real strong, baby! (Misty veers to avoid a collision in an icy lane)
    You'll see before too long!

I'm comin' from behind,
    Watch out, watch out!
    Behind!
    Watch as we disappear,
    When I shift into high gear!
    (the green flag drops again after the caution)
    Watch out, watch out,
    Behind!
    Watch out!
    (Watch as we disappear)
    I'm comin' from behind! (Misty races by the Start/Finish line again to start another lap)

(As the song ends, Niji makes a note of the rankings)

Niji: Only one caution so far, and Misty and Picha are doing wonderful out there!

Airochou: I'm wondering if she can catch up to the leaders...

Midorichou(whispering): Sing it, Kochou...

(Kochou sings again as Misty closes in on the leaders...)

Kochou: Let us fly-yai-yai-yai-yai, la-di-da-di-da-di-da,
    To the golden sky!

(music begins as Misty passes a rider for third...)

Kochou: Welcome to the wonderland, a place for you and me,
    If you treat me right, then maybe you will have a key...
    This world is very special, and I'll show it just for you!
    All you have to say is "Yes, I do!"

To the golden sky!

(We see the white flag drop during an interlude...an Entei rider stands between Misty and the win,)

Misty: Let's go, Picha! (she attempts to pass, but fails)

Kochou: There are many secrets that I'd like to share with you,
    I will show you magic if the words you say are true.
    Imagine that your wildest dreams are in this mystery,
    It's a closet place for you and me!

To the golden sky!

To the golden sky!

(As Kochou sings, Misty tries again and again to pass the leader, but during another interlude, she finds an open spot just ahead of the icy four lanes!)

Kochou: Let us fly... (we see Misty pass the leader in slow motion)

Let us fly... (The Beautiflies stand and cheer in slow motion as Misty heads for the home stretch!)

To the golden sky!

To the golden sky!

To the golden sky!
    (As Kochou sings the last line, Misty crosses the Start/Finish line as the checkered flag drops, making her the winner of the race!)

Aiirochou: YAHOO!!!!!!!

Kochou: Yeah!

Niji: Well done, Misty!

Ame: Thank you, Misty!

(In the winners circle, the three riders, the Beautiflies, and other track personnel cheer as Misty and Picha appear.)

Ace: Very well done, Misty!

Aravan: Never knew you had it in you!

Josh: You proved yourself today!

Misty: Thanks! (she accepts the gold medal, to thunderous applause) But I really want to give the medal to Ame, since I earned it on her behalf! (more cheers as Misty hangs the medal around Ame's neck.)

Ame: Thank you, Misty...I'll never forget when you stepped up to tame the power of a Beast... (more cheers as Kochou runs to hug Misty.)

(An instrumental of "When Tomorrow Comes" plays as the word "Next..." appears.)

Mizuirochou(voiceover) Next time, on "Kochou and the Beautiflies"....

(We see Brock greeting his siblings)

Mizuirochou(voiceover): We arrive in Pewter City, where Brock's little brother Forest wants to start a band of his own! (We see Flint and the gang with their ears covered) But, he's having a rough going of it; and the Rockets crashing his battle of the bands doesn't help! (We see the Rockets in a school auditorium as Forest looks on, horrified). Can we help Forest get his dreams of stardom off the ground? (We see Flint and the Brocklings in the audience as the Beautiflies play) Stay tuned!

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Hmm...

I have been trying to find the time to review this fic for a few days, and now I finally get the chance...

I find a few things wrong with this fic, and while it may sound like I'm ragging on you, please remember that if I really didn't like your fanfiction, I'd have just let it sit here and ignored it. Forever. Ignoring you is the ultimate polite form of writer abuse.

First off, I think that in chapter whatever (you don't number them, I don't like that), Kochou rides off on a Pidgeotto, which not only is too small of a species to support the weight of a guy Ash's size, much less Kochou's, but had no obligation to help him. That was kinda unrealistic. Second of all, while I don't want to have to go through the whole fic just to quote this one scene, but the entire group of Ash, Whitney (who the heck is Whitney? Did you need to include her as a random character?), Brock (not a musician, as far as I know...), and Crystal (same question as Whitney) are in a van with Misty and Delia, driving to one of their gigs. They take the oppurtunity to transform into Beautiflies while they are taking a bathroom break. Why is it that Misty and Delia do not wonder where the Beautiflies are, and why do they not notice that Ash and the gang have disappeared? Explain, please!

Also, it should be noted that Ash would NEVER, I repeat, NEVER give up going on a Pokemon journey. Having him give that up to be a pop idol would be like Mew Ichigo breaking up with Masaya to go out with a janitor, to use a similie you might understand. However, there is no reason he shouldn't continue WHILE being an idol. It would be fun to see him try to balance his two careers.

Oh, and by the way, why was Pikachu largely written out of this story? (Not to mention all of the other Pokemon....). The series is called POKEMON, not "ASH AND HIS BUDDIES DO CRAZY THINGS!". Don't take this one too seriously- a lot of AAMRN (Ash And Misty Romance) stories do this too, and it's a real pet peeve of mine, especially since the Pokemon are really cooler characters then the humans...

To top all of this off, why was this a combo between Pokemon and another series? Shouldn't you have TOLD us this was a crossover? While certain crossover stories are pretty good, there are some that take it too far, to the point where the main characters are completely written over to fit in the world of the other show. YOU ARE IN DANGER OF MAKING THIS ERROR. IMPROVE THE STORY NOW WHILE YOU HAVE A CHANCE. Part of this might be ditching Yami and Kage ("dark" and "shadow". Come on, you can do better, based on your other fanfics), and replace them with Jessie and James. Hey, those two are way better singers then people give them credit for. At the very least, you should have them sing the "Team Rocket Rap". It would fit so well.... and it would make a change from your normal mix of pop music, translated Japanese theme songs, and those overused voice duels between Yami and Kochou. Those were old when they hit the scene actually.

To top it off, I'd like to see a more varied mix of music- how about something for those of us who think pop music is annoying? What about the jazz/R and B/Heavy Metal/Soft Rock fans out there? We need a few songs too!

As a final note, as much as I like Anabel, you shouldn't have written her in as a Bassist. (By the way, to my knowledge, that position is called "Bass Guitarist".) She belongs in the Battle Frontier, and if she took time off, Scott would track her down and bring her back. (You know, that actually might make a funny plot idea...)

So yeah, improve your work some. It's becoming stale.

Rating on ACC scale: N/A. I can't really rate script-form fics...

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Umm... still not a Pokemon journey. Ash would,at the very least, continue Pokemon battling while on the tour. I still don't see why Yami and Kage have not performed the TRR. Write it in somewhere, please. Come on, you can do way better then this! That whole "A Weighty Matter" story did a good job of capturing the essence of Ash, Misty, and Brock, and it was genuinely funny besides. This story- I can tell you meant it to be like a "Transforming Girl" anime, but did you have to sacrifice character depth and overall plot to get that feel? It makes me feel cheated, both as a reader and a critic, when I see a truly original idea (Ash becoming a pop star) fall flat. Please, spice up the story a little! Maybe you could add a little more action between the songs, or introduce a slightly more threatening conflict then "Yami and Kage, the two completely inept Team Rocket recruits who don't even ATTEMPT to steal Pokemon, try to mess up the highly superior Kochou and the Beautiflies and get their hinies royally handed to them." Using plot ideas over and over again makes an anime bad. Go up to any otaku, and ask them whether they like filler episodes- I gurantee, they will say no. Why? Filler episodes tend to have badly thought out plots, and do nothing for the overall series. What I am trying to say here is that this entire fanfic is starting to become nothing but a series of fillers that just pop up, one after another. Please, do the writing I know you are capable of, and turn this fic around!

Back