• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#3: Ursaring vs. Beartic vs. Pangoro

Which is your favorite bear Pokémon?

• Total voters
Years
  • Welcome to our third Poké-Poll of the Week here in Pokemon Voting Polls! Unfortunately, the last POTW was met with limited success, so maybe we'll get some more activity in another Pokemon vs. Pokemon (vs. Pokemon) match-up! And as always, all PVP and PC Global rules apply, especially:

Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon- tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may be up for a warning or an infraction.
    This week, our PokéPOTW of the week was suggested by Elaitenstile, who'll get an emblem for the suggestion. If you've got any ideas for a future POTW (and maybe you want an emblem yourself), let me know either via VM or in this thread, and I'll consider them for future polls. Now then, this week's poll question is...

Which is your favorite bear Pokémon: Ursaring, Beartic or Pangoro?

I've done enough talking, so now it's time for you guys to vote away!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like them all, really--tough to choose one. :( Well, if I have to, maybe I'll go with Pangoro. I find it to be the best-looking out of the three, personally. I've never used it in battle, though, so can't tell how good it is when it comes to that. Also, in future, perhaps you could have all bird Pokémon go at it (only final-evolved ones, but excluding legendaries)?

Years
  • ^ Agreed.

I like these three about the same.
    I guess I like Pangoro's design a bit more than the others.

I am not a big fan of Beartic's body shape and Usaring's underwhelming detailing.

If we had to pick from the cubs, then Teddiursa would win hands down. I have always felt a bit let down by his evolution. Maybe a quadruped bear with cresent-moon claws would have changed my mind.

#3: Ursaring vs. Beartic vs. Pangoro

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think it's a tie between Ursaring and Beartic. None of the designs are overwhelming, but simplicity works in this case. And I didn't care for the deisgn of Pangoro that much. Ursaring in battle has the cool Guts+Facade thing going on, which is fun to use. Beartic isn't used all that much, but idk I just like it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Even though the ideas of a polar bear and a panda bear are the best, the executions weren't that great. Beartic's beard makes me yuck and Pangoro's... coat thingy makes me raise an eyebrow and wonder what the. Ursaring's shoulder flaps are pretty stylish though and overall the pokémon is cute. :3 Plus, Teddiursa is one of the cutest things in pokémon! So Ursaring gets my vote.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • Personally I would say Urasring. The Bear pokemon are among my favorites but Urasring just has an awesome design and is the the one pokemon which I've wanted to have in my team the longest. Plus Teddiursa's one of the cutest of the little ones.

Pangoro is good and has a really awesome design. It's the best in battling but I somehow like the original one better. Pancham's adorable tho.

Bearctic will probably be my least favorite. I like it a lot but it's design doesn't really stand up to Pangoro's and Bearctic.

Years
  • I voted Pangoro, because I love pandas and mine destroyed so much stuff in my X playthrough. Iron Fist-boosted Power-Up Punches surely put a dent in a lot of ingame opponents. I didn't use the other two on a main team because their stats didn't really stand out that well.

Silri

Kimono Girl
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Going to have to go with the bancho panda on this one.

I do like the other bears, but they just don't measure up to the coolness of Pangoro. The furry coattails, the shoot it chews in its mouth, its cantankerous frown - everything about this guy screams tough. And those fists aren't just for show. Pangoro pulled his weight on my team and he carried me through all the way to the Elite 4.

I'm also probably a little biased because I haven't used either of the other bears on my team before.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
  • Ursaring because a. Teddiursa is superbly cute. b. Guts is a broken ability c. Pangoro looks too mean to be considered good-looking.

Years
  • It was really tough to choose between Ursaring and Pangoro but I think Pangoro is just a little bit more useful in battle and it's design is just that tiny bit better. It's really close though and I might change my mind.

I agree that Teddiursa is the most adorable thing ever, but I didn't account for pre-evos in which I prefer Teddiursa over Pancham.

I actually quite like Beartic in all honesty, but it doesn't compare to the other two.

I'd love to see a comparison between Kingdra and Dragalge or Kingler, Crawdaunt and Clawitzer.
    Edit: A poll between Tyrogue's evos would be cool too.

Shhmew

Years
  • I chose Ursaring ^.^ I always though it was really cool, and Teddiursa is so very adorable of course.

Beartic never appealed to me at all; it's kind of awkwardly proportioned if you know what I mean. Also Cubchoo's snot drip ruined its design for me ;__;

Pangoro is just really scary :C

So yes, Ursaring for me <3

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Lol, it looks like Beartic's not getting at all well the other two XD

And maybe for good reason, though I don't think he's all that bad. I really like Cubchoo, too! Anyway, I voted for Pangoro because of the exotic detail and this whole twig-sensor business. Obviously as he is of the latest generation he's been thoroughly thought over, and the whole 'evil panda' idea is well under execution. People say he's good for battling, but in all honesty I've never used him. However, I can see high hopes look at the base stats and potential movesets.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Is it crazy that I prefer the pre-evolutions? I'm a sucker for Pancham. Mine's level 60. I don't mind Pangoro, though. I like how it evolves when you're holding a Dark type in the party.

Years
  • I voted Ursaring, as I'm honestly just not familiar with the other two... Pangoro looks kinda cool, though.

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
    Years
  • Definetly Ursaring! I was never too sold on Beartic, but it was really hard to choose between Pangoro and Ursaring, but I guess the anime helped influence this choice in the end, so I chose Ursaring, as I loved seeing it whenever it was in the anime, and we have yet to see Pangoro.

Years
  • River Ramirez pretty much sums up my decision in voting for Ursaring. It's pre-evolution is just too adorable to resist! Also, I'm not quite familiar with the other 2 \:

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Ursaring hands down. Teddiursa is my favorite pokemon from johto and i have couple figurines of him too. The other two i have never really liked, yea they have cute first evo's but they just don't catch my eye like teddiursa and ursaring did when i first saw them.

Back