• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#3: Ursaring vs. Beartic vs. Pangoro

Which is your favorite bear Pokémon?

• Total voters

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    I like Pangoro the best, it's a big powerhouse on my X team. In fact, it's what I used to defeat Diantha in her champion battle. Just a little question, does Snorlax technically count as a bear?

Years
    Took a little bit of deciding between Ursaring and Pangoro, but I settled on the latter. It's strong and i'm the kind of guy who likes most buff mons. And pandas are awesome.

Ursaring is one I liked for a while too, even as a Normal-type. Certainly helps that it gets Guts and STAB Facade. Yummy!

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    Pangoro has a kickass design. The idea of a gang leader bear is really badass, and Pangoro's coat and twig are nice additions to the design. Plus, I like the Dark/Fighting type quite a bit.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    The panda trumps it, much more interesting typing and overall a lot less boring than Ursaring.

Beartic? Lmao. No... No.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Ah, I'm going to have to say Ursaring. XD Don't get me wrong, I really love all of the bears' designs, but, I really just adore Ursaring's design the most; it's round ring on it's belly, and it's constant ferocious stance is really cool! Plus it's sheer power is really amazing - it has Guts, where you can slap a Toxic Orb on it, and if you use a trick Room Strategy, it could really put a lot of pressur eon your opponent with it's sheer power. Swords Dance can be overkill, but, yeah!

Years
    Hmm... seems like people prefer voting in head to head Pokemon matchups rather than other Pokemon related polls, so maybe we'll make those a priority going forward.

As for myself, much like the poll is showing, I was pretty split between Ursaring and Pangoro for my vote. While I like the way Pancham evolves into Pangoro, and I really like its design, I haven't had any experience using it, so my vote went to Ursaring. Plus, the first shiny Pokemon I ever found was a Teddiursa, and though I didn't catch it, I won't ever forget finding it!

Now that this week's voting has concluded, the PokéPOTW will be taking a short break while the Manga Caption Contest is running over in Pokemon General (you should definitely go submit your captions, by the way). Remember, just because the thread has been de-stickied, it doesn't mean you can't keep replying and voting if you haven't yet. And make sure to send your ideas for future PokéPOTW's my way- I've only got 2 or 3 so far, and I know that you guys are more creative than that!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Ursaring is still pretty cool, but since Pangoro came out he is the new king of bear Pokes. First of all, Pandas are usually adorable, but Pangoro makes them look badass. His typing is really cool, his Power-up punch with metronome and iron fist wrecks house and the little stick in his mouth gives him boss status :D

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    I voted Pangoro, because I love pandas and mine destroyed so much stuff in my X playthrough. Iron Fist-boosted Power-Up Punches surely put a dent in a lot of ingame opponents. I didn't use the other two on a main team because their stats didn't really stand out that well.

"their stats don't really stand out that well"
    Haha, nice joke (at least in the case of Ursaring). Are you saying 130 attack is not that good? Ursaring is one of the most powerful physical attackers in the game, especially competitively when backed by Guts. I know it's slow (even then, Flame Orb + Quick Feet can help), but Ursaring can usually take a hit. Oh yeah and it can learn Power-up Punch as well. Maybe you mean it's typing doesn't stand out that well (but even then, I wouldn't say Normal is a bad type).
    I can understand Beartic though, as it's got a horrible typing. STAB Icicle Crash still hurts though.

My favourite of the three is Ursaring for what I said before. It's a underrated physical attacker and works wonders in Trick Room.

Back