• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Valkyrian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    The hack looks very interesting. I like the idea you're trying to create. I like the idea of the story and the screens look promising. I might just try out the beta. Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    at last! I have found a game that let's you travel regions! Looks great!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Personally I dont mind not having custom tiles yet. ;)
    So far the hack looks good, no major flaws I can spot.
    So has Kanto changed much? Hopefully, as I dont really wanna play through firered again. XD
    Anyway, keep up the good work.
    Super~

THM10

Should I try again?
    Years
  • Personally I dont mind not having custom tiles yet. ;)
    So far the hack looks good, no major flaws I can spot.
    So has Kanto changed much? Hopefully, as I dont really wanna play through firered again. XD
    Anyway, keep up the good work.
    Super~

well, right now Kanto hasn't really changed much but by around beta 1.5 there will be some new mappings for it and possibly some new areas. :surprised:
    But that's all i'm gonna say about it for now.

Years
  • I found a bug when you face shadow after the Cerulean portion of the game. I would face him and beat his level 24 Jirachi and the screen would turn red and the game would freeze up. What should I do about that?

THM10

Should I try again?
    Years
  • I found a bug when you face shadow after the Cerulean portion of the game. I would face him and beat his level 24 Jirachi and the screen would turn red and the game would freeze up. What should I do about that?

That is strange, it didn't happen when i tested it before beta release. :\
    Did you patch it to a CLEAN Fire Red rom?
    If you patched it to a Fire Red rom that had been patched by another file, that could happen so be careful with that.
    I suggest try getting a CLEAN, US, FireRed, BPRE, Version 1.0 release if you can find one.
    I will give no clues whatsoever.
    If the problem occurs, tell me and i'll see what i can do.

THM10

Should I try again?
    Years
  • I patched it to a clean fire red version 1.0 rom and the same thing happened.

I'll have to check that when i get home from work, cause if you're right, looks like i'm gonna have to re-script that. :\
    If you feel like it, Get Advanced-Map 1.92 from the Toolbox and remove that event if you want, it doesn't change anything.

EDIT: apparently it must've been a glitch, my run through it didn't happen, but i will still fix it just in case.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Originally Posted by octillery333
    I found a bug when you face shadow after the Cerulean portion of the game. I would face him and beat his level 24 Jirachi and the screen would turn red and the game would freeze up. What should I do about that?

Just saying that it happened to me too. It happens when an exclamation point appears above his head

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • "This is my first hack... i hope it turns out well..."
    Never, ever, ever tell people it's your first hack...It'll make them think your a n00b, like I'm thinking now, but you're not are you? And "i hope it turn out well..." -Just, wow...

It's a nice hack so far, but I can't play it, because of school, etc. But I will eventually. Any cool events we should know about? You didn't show any scripts, or events, making the hack original, it is a must in all hacks, I do tell this to everyone though. But good luck, time for me to go to sleep!

THM10

Should I try again?
    Years
  • "This is my first hack... i hope it turns out well..."
    Never, ever, ever tell people it's your first hack...It'll make them think your a n00b, like I'm thinking now, but you're not are you? And "i hope it turn out well..." -Just, wow...

It's a nice hack so far, but I can't play it, because of school, etc. But I will eventually. Any cool events we should know about? You didn't show any scripts, or events, making the hack original, it is a must in all hacks, I do tell this to everyone though. But good luck, time for me to go to sleep!

Haha, well, i was a n00b to hacking at first, but i've gotten better over the days that go by. Probably not best to play the first beta due to a major bug which i will have to fix up before beta 1.5.
    There will be videos for this hack sooner or later as well... right now, not many major events (it's only first beta).

I'll take your advice into consideration, thanks for it.

Mr.Squid

z10.invisionfree.com/Dev_House
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    It looks great!
    I hope you continue making it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back