• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Oh yes, I've just become guilty of creating a very situational OTKO. xD Still, it's nothing that Stein didn't do before me, so I'll live with it. ^^

Rampaging Dragon
8 Stars
DARK/Dragon/Effect
3200 ATK/1400 DEF

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card can attack any of your opponent's monsters as many times as you want. After this monster attacks, you cannot attack your opponent directly for the rest of the turn.

^THAT is a very situational OTKO. You made something a deck could wrap around (like Stein, and we all saw how that turned out...).

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
If that's ever going to be created it's going to be banned immediately after its release.

Imagine using Final Attack Orders with a Spirit Reaper on your opponent's side of the field. Eeep. >_<

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
If that's ever going to be created it's going to be banned immediately after its release.

Imagine using Final Attack Orders with a Spirit Reaper on your opponent's side of the field. Eeep. >_<

Exactly my point. However, it requires your opponent HAVING one on the field.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
Years
I might have a try at making a YGO card, even though i know little about them :) He's my first ever attempt (Yay!)

Crystal Armadillo
Monster - 4 Stars
Type: Beast/Effect
Attribute: Earth
600/2000
You may tribute this face-up card to destroy one face-up monster who's Attack is greater than twice its Defense. This cannot be used on the turn Crystal Armadillo is Summoned.

When this card is sent to the graveyard from play, inflict 600 points of Direct damage to both players Life Points

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
I might have a try at making a YGO card, even though i know little about them :) He's my first ever attempt (Yay!)

Crystal Armadillo
Monster - 4 Stars
Type: Beast/Effect
Attribute: Earth
600/2000
You may tribute this face-up card to destroy one face-up monster who's Attack is greater than twice its Defense. This cannot be used on the turn Crystal Armadillo is Summoned.

When this card is sent to the graveyard from play, inflict 600 points of Direct damage to both players Life Points

Nyu, that should be either "When this card on the field is sent to the graveyard" or "When this card is sent to the graveyard or removed from play" in that effect, depending on what you wanted it to do. Also, you might wanna' specify which number is Attack and which is Defense for the sake of clarity. Also, you haven't specified an activation timing for the effect. Can that ability be used on your opponent's turn too or just your own? Also, can you use it on your Battle Phase or is it main only? Either way, it looks like a decent piece of monster removal, although I think it could do without the 'can't be used on the turn it's summoned' limitation. It would be balanced even without it.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I created these cards just for the hell of it.

Hey! That's cheating!
Continuous Spell
This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of any spell, monster, or trap card. This card can only be played while watching the animated series "Yu-Gi-Oh!". If any character in the show uses a card effect that doesn't exist, point at your opponent and yell the name of this card at the top of your lungs. If he winces, you may cheat throughout the rest of the duel without penalty. If your opponent complains, tell him "It's called cheating. Deal with it!"

Fear the purist!
Continuous Spell
This card cannot be destroyed due to the effects of any card except itself. This card does not take up space in your magic and trap card zones. If your opponent mentions anything involving the series "Yu-Gi-Oh GX", or says "I'll throw down a face down!", or imitates a character from the series, you may slap them and call them an idiot. If they retaliate, you win the duel. If they don't, this card is destroyed and you lose one thousand life points. If they retaliate while this card is in the graveyard, you win the duel.

Cosplaying
Continuous Spell
This card cannot be played unless you have watched at least fifteen different animes. This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of any card except "Loser!". This card does not take up a magic or trap card zone. You and your opponent must imitate your favorite anime character's voice and habits until the end of the duel. If you manage to correctly imitate Atemu's voice for twelve turns without your throat getting hoarse, you may pick which card you draw at the beggining of your turn.

Loser!
Counter Trap
This card can only be activated on the turn your opponent plays "Cosplaying". Tell your opponent "Cosplaying is for losers!", then negate its effects and destroy it. Then pick up your deck and leave the room, saying "Card games are for losers too!". Unless your given name is Michael Jackson, you lose the match.

Am not!
Counter Trap
This card can only be activated on the turn your opponent plays "Loser!". Yell "Is not!", then negate the effects of "Loser!". You win the duel.

And one serious card to round it all out...

Chromium Gadget
Monster: Machine/Effect
Six Stars: Attribute-Earth
ATK1500/DEF1500
This monster cannot be normal summoned or set. This monster can only be special summoned from your hand, deck, or graveyard by tributing one "Yellow Gadget", "Red Gadget", and "Green Gadget" from your side of the field. For every gadget in your graveyard, this card gains 500 attack points. Once per turn, you can return this card to your hand in order to special summon one "Yellow Gadget", "Green Gadget", and "Red Gadget" from your graveyard.

Office building
Field Spell
This card cannot be played unless you have a monster with "E-Hero" in its name on the field. Negate the effects of all monsters with "E-Hero" in their names. Only monsters with "E-Hero" in their names may attack. This card can only be sent to the graveyard by playing "Skyscraper". You may choose to discard this card and play "Skyscraper" instead at any time during your turn.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Nyu, that should be either "When this card on the field is sent to the graveyard" or "When this card is sent to the graveyard or removed from play" in that effect, depending on what you wanted it to do. Also, you might wanna' specify which number is Attack and which is Defense for the sake of clarity. Also, you haven't specified an activation timing for the effect. Can that ability be used on your opponent's turn too or just your own? Also, can you use it on your Battle Phase or is it main only? Either way, it looks like a decent piece of monster removal, although I think it could do without the 'can't be used on the turn it's summoned' limitation. It would be balanced even without it.

Pretty sure that the new wording change dealt with most of your concerns. Exiled Force's new text is just "By Tributing this face-up card, destroy 1 monster on the field." It didn't say when, but it's implied that you use it during your main phase or with priority. These effects are implied that timing unless stated otherwise. Likewise, cards just read special summon, instead of "special summon to your side of the field." Unless otherwise stated (Lava Golem) it's always to your side of the field anyway.

Where's "Screw the Rules"card? Blinky boy =x

Office Building is in the list of "fun only" card but it is actually pretty down insane yet playable after certain fix... E-Hero stall/countdown decks, fun =)

Hm, Chromium Gadget needs a star level o.o; Either way, not very useful, because it got the same activation requirement as Stronghold, and Stronghold technically deals more damage (one giant monster that only attack once < 3000 + 3 weenies). The only thing this card got is that you can ditch it immediately if you see this card and graceful charity at the same time... and that it's not screwed by trap removal/royal decree. Otherwise... Why don't I stick with Game Overdragon with the 1 overload fusion in my gadget deck.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Technically, my Chrome Gadget can up its attack for every gadget in the graveyard, meaning that in a gadget deck as long as you have a decent number of gadgets in the graveyard you can power it up to way more then three thousand. Like in a deck where you have three copies of each for example.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Nyu, every gadget deck runs a full three copies of each. Since they're all capable of searching each other out they don't clog the deck so bad. And yes, technically you can raise that monster's ATK to 6000, but in practice it's just so much more handy to play Stronghold (Which is a free special summon and serves as a decent wall even without the other gadgets) as that 3000 combined with the three little gadgets is a crapload of damage, especially if you throw in Limiter Removal. Also, Stronghold won't be a dead draw unless your opponent has Jinzo or Royal Decree in play, but Chromium is useless unless you've got all three frail little gadgets on your field. The graveyard summoning (that is, pulling the gadgets back out) does have potential, however, as it not only buffs up your field presence but also replenishes your hand (Very gadgetish). And of course you could play Stronghold and the three gadgets, make an LR rush and then summon chromium to negate the recoil for everything except Stronghold and maintain the field presence. It's a strong card, definitely, but I'm not sure if it really fits the gadget deck philosophy of avoiding battle and picking opponents off with card removal.

Anyway, two silly little cards from me:

Cards From the Great Beyond
Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated when three or more of your non-token monsters are sent from the field to the graveyard at the same time. Draw three cards from your deck.

Survivor Spirit
Normal Trap

Whenever this card is returned to your hand, sent to your graveyard or removed from play during your opponent's turn, your opponent's turn ends immediately.

Nyah, this one would probably have been more useful in the era of the random Stein, but still...it's something of a safeguard against OTKOs. ^-^

EDITNESS: Corrected for great justice! :O The first one might just be a bit overpowered now. *Shrug* Comments?

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
If Gadgets do want to make something big from the graveyard, it's called Overload Fusion where the number far exceeds 6000, and hits more than once.

Stronghold is bad already, and even Stronghold is better than Chronium...

Eh the 2 new cards aren't very useful... Cards from the Great Beyond, eh I do't know why you'll really use it. It's -1, and -3 on field too o_O; As for Surival Spirit, it still doesn't help too much... Game Overdragon can still proceed with Overload Fusion to kick in the full lock. Random Stein won't come out if Trunade failed, so the random stein player will just summon a Dekoichi or something to pound you 1400 o.o; Maybe better if it reads the turn ends instantly ;p

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
If Gadgets do want to make something big from the graveyard, it's called Overload Fusion where the number far exceeds 6000, and hits more than once.

Stronghold is bad already, and even Stronghold is better than Chronium...

Nyu, true enough. But at least it's thematic. *Dies* Anyway, I've seen sillier cards. But true, if you want trap-based monsters then Metal Reflect Slime and Cybershadow Gardna are the way to go. ^^

Cards from the Great Beyond, eh I do't know why you'll really use it. It's -1, and -3 on field too o_O;

True, I was aiming for a Card of Sanctityish effect, but it's true that the cost is a bit...harsh. But never fear, I've got a backup effect I was considering. It will require someting rather...specific, but it should be worthwhile to pull off at least. *Editness*
As for Surival Spirit, it still doesn't help too much... Game Overdragon can still proceed with Overload Fusion to kick in the full lock. Random Stein won't come out if Trunade failed, so the random stein player will just summon a Dekoichi or something to pound you 1400 o.o; Maybe better if it reads the turn ends instantly ;p

True enough. Balancing time it is. Even though that's giving clockwork decks another way to be infernally annoying. ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Nyu, true enough. But at least it's thematic. *Dies* Anyway, I've seen sillier cards. But true, if you want trap-based monsters then Metal Reflect Slime

...THAT'S OUT ALREADY!!????

Dark Oversoul
Quick-Play Spell
When your opponent summons A DARK Machine-type monster, you may destroy it and inflict half of its ATK to your opponent.

HOW DARE YOU???
Quick-Play Spell
You can only activate this card when three of your cards have been negated by your opponent in a row. Punch your opponent as hard as you can. If he/she is knocked unconscious, you win the Match. Otherwise, you lose 5000 Life Points.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Nah Metal Reflect Slime is not out yet, and even if it is out, its usage is sadly over. It use to be part of the great metamorphsis engine to get out insanely powerful fusions, such as Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon and Cyber End Dragon. However, we got trap-hate up our butt (100% Gadget's fault) and metamorphsis is down to 1...

It'll be a great hype if it's released in english, but within the current trend and metagame, it won't do too well (but it doesn't suck, and it still rocks)

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Hmm... based on the recent "I hate it when I get beat by Gadgets" trend, I must say that I have to invent a card here that kills gadget decks instantly... although I'm not sure whether these cards should be serious...

The Tinkerer
Monster: Spellcaster/Effect
Atk 300/ Def 400
Attribute: Dark, three stars.
Flip: Destroy all machine-type monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their hand, then discard your entire hand.

Forced Malfunction
Normal spell
Tribute one monster on your side of the field. All machine type monsters on your opponent's side of the field are removed from play.

Gadget Collector
Monster: Warrior/Effect
Attribute: Earth, Four stars
Atk: 1600/ Def: 800
When this monster attacks a card with "Gadget" in its name, remove all cards with the same name in either player's deck from play.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Eh... power of gadgets is not on the monsters, but the fact that they search. o_o; With or without the gadgets on the field, the backrow is still loaded with junkie to blast your monsters, and if they don't have it, then fissure/smashing ground will do it.

Thing is some of those cards wipe out far more than just gadget decks... like, traditional cyber fusion deck and game overdragon deck are equally screwed by a few of these.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Dangit! They must have looked forward in time and stolen my card name! *Is shot*

Hmm... how about this, then?

Permission Denied
Continuous Spell
Neither Player can add cards to their hands or draw cards except during the draw phase.

And, to counter Icha's card...

BECAUSE I CAN!
Activate when your opponent plays "HOW DARE YOU?". Discard one card from your hand, then block their punch. Then laugh at them like a lunatic. They lose 5000 extra life points.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
And, to counter Icha's card...

BECAUSE I CAN!
Activate when your opponent plays "HOW DARE YOU?". Discard one card from your hand, then block their punch. Then laugh at them like a lunatic. They lose 5000 extra life points.

...o.0 Not sure what to say here.........let's move on.

Hot Dog
FIRE/Beast
ATK 0/DEF 0
During your End Phase, if this card is in face-up Defense Position on your side of the field, place 1 counter on this card. During your Stahdby Phase, if this card has 5 counters on it, you win the Duel. You cannot select this card as a target of your Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster Cards.

A bit of pressure with a pun name. Gets trounced by Fissure/attacks, though.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Eh, Hot Dog is actually not as difficult to get on the field for 5 turns, because its restriction is hardly worth mentioning. Alright, the most you can say is that you can't use Mist Body on it, but as if anyone will do that anyway. Standard Gadget setup traps, with solemn judgments, gravity bind, level limit area b, wall of revealing light... Eh, pull with UFO Turtle or even The Thing in the Crater to speed up the process.

It just makes Final Countdown even worse ;; Since 5 turns is far faster than 20, even if this is in a monster form. *<3 final countdown*

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
Another attempt by me. :D

Trap Startup
Continous Trap
Pay 3000 Life Points. You may activate any Trap cards without setting them, excluding this card. You may not use this effect for Counter Trap cards. During each of your Standby Phases, pay 100 Life Points keep this card on the field.
Rare

Back