• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Forum life!

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
Years
  • GOLLY YOU GUYS. SITTING HERE WRITING A WALL OF TEXT ABOUT YOUR MYSTERIOUS LIVES HERE AT THE FORUM.

HERE'S ME IN A NUTTER'S SHELL:

I realized that the first time I found this place was because I found a few signatures in random areas having ~TRAINER CARD PIXELZ ^_^~ I wanted to make one too. ): So I searched it up and have a thread here bookmarked. This was around 2003-2004.

Later, I found my ~secret luver, Green~ in a DA desktop screenshot in 05. I spazzed and snatched the ~title~ of the manga and searched it up. I found a thread here that has scans going on. (Which, whenever I look up the area right now it makes me weep with happiness that you guys have done a lot since then.) I lurked and joined.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNND BORING STUFF HAPPENED. WHY WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED READING ABOUT ME:

I then started to switch between forums. I made a thread in the art gallery with my disgusting stuff that is extremely disgusting right now. I was actually planning to be more active in Serebii, but the reason why I stayed here is because of Mr. Sigglepogologous. She was nice and I liked it and blahblahblah
    Eventually I PMed her with an urge to get to know her a bit more
    (That is a lie, she PMed me to know why is my profile piccu so sexy.)

So I stuck here. Because of her again, I found ~the magical, mushroom chatroom~ and visited there for quite awhile through Java. Then I used mIRC. I go there and talk there more than the forums. Thus, PEOPLE OF THE FORUMS BARELY KNOW ME.

I made friends in IRC only, pretty muchly so. It was rare for me to post around here but I do so whenever I feel tempted to. Mostly because I was too nervous to do so. Do so or what so so what to do.

I AHEM AHEM ~grew~ of course but it's more like a change of attitude, personality, etc. I think I degraded my maturity levels. Because I was strongly affected of other places I frequently visit. I cannot really talk there so the next place I could hit that hard onto is in PC World. (HARHAR)

<INSERT HERE DRAMA STUFF BECAUSE OF ME AND MY LIFE.> Right now it's probably hibernating. But during that time, I always found comfort in the chat and lurking in the forums.

Right now that I'm much better, I for some reason started to drift away from here.
    I started to go back to places where I used to consider my second home. (And it's terribly satisfying.) I pop in the chatroom time to time, but because I'm lazy to.. I'm now starting to post here in the forums more often.

And the history continues !

Years
  • So, it was just over a year ago when I decided I wanted to join PC. I had gotten Pokemon Emerald and a Gameboy Micro for Christmas, and needed some help on things, but didn't want to use a walkthrough, so I ended up joining this site hoping to get the help I needed. Turns out I did, so I stayed just incase I needed more help. I eventually got FireRed too, which kept me here asking more questions. As you can tell, I was basically only posting in the GBA section. I wasn't new to forums though, I had been on a few others, one involved writing stories, and another was about games, such as Diablo II, Starcraft, etc.

I eventually started posting around other sections of the forum, mainly the art sections. I had my friend give me Adobe Photoshop 7, and I started making graphics using some of the help from people in the Graphics & Photography section, but I also posted in the other art section because I like drawing as well. I used to be extremely active in the Graphics & Photography section and I loved making graphics, but eventually just faded out. There was a time though, around before summer, I was starting to get bored so I didn't visit the site anymore, but when summer came around I got bored and came back.

So after a little while I started being a noob and posting in the Wireless Trades section hoping to complete my pokeydecks. I had gotten Pokemon Diamond for my birthday right before summer. :D I had already made a few friends here, but it wasn't until I'd started posting in Other Chat and OVP. Then I really started meeting new people and posting a lot more. I didn't start being active in OC or OVP until a few months ago, and before that I was on another break from PC. I tried leaving one time, forever, but I failed because I loved the friends I met on here.

And as for the majority of my friends it started out one day... I decided to add people to my MSN without even really talking to them, Karli, Resa, etc. and we just kept talking and eventually got involved in group chats. And by eventually I mean, a matter of a day or two. XD; So, now I just constantly talk to them on MSN, and one of the first people I met through someone was Kelsey, now we're paired and have been since like... late January. \o/ It's my first pair too. XD;

It was hard trying to make some friends at first, but once I found the right ones it was awesome. \o/ I've even talked to some people on the phone, mailed them, and who can forget the wonderful Skype. :x MARZ DIS ONEZ FOR YOU, REMEMBER DA MICHAEL SKYPE CHAT XD; Anyways... here I am currently, mainly posting in the OC, OVP and Graphics & Photography sections. I'm not as active as I once was, but I've managed to stick around here for a year, and accumulate over 1000 posts. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, and at first I registered here with the username Blazed... then I found out that to be "blazed" means to be high. XD So I decided to change that one right away. The next username change was Lemonade because it was summer time I think and I felt like a glass of Lemonade at the moment. XD; When I had the username Lemonade is when I started getting involved with graphics basically. After getting bored of Lemonade I got a name change to Relyt, which is Tyler spelled backwards. I thought it was pretty creative, and some people are telling me to go back to it. Current username is Kouyuu, which means "friend" in Japanese. I like the way it sounds (Koy-yoo) I think... XD; If I decide to get a name change again I might just go back to Relyt, seeing as I've made a reserve account. ;D

Last edited:

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
  • I still remember when I first came to PC <3

It was the beginning of August, and I thought it would be cool to join a forum. That's... really about it for the reason I joined. x3

My original name was "gonbeneko25" (my adorable noob name x3) since I love Munchlax, and cats, and my birthday is 2/5. My very first friend was the super special awesome XAIRMO <333

Sometime between then and now I changed my name to Neko-chan, then Koneko♥ But the ♥ made the line under my username all screwed up, so I went with ~Koneko.

Now I have lots of friends al ILY ALL <3333

Years
  • This is the tl;dr history of that girl named Sammi \o/

Spoiler:

TL;DR VERSION
    Sammi joins SPPF and then PC in 2004
    Goes from Home of the Sprites and some fanclubs to some welcoming to OVP
    Gets obsessed with modding
    Gets modded to OVP in late 2005, but after her modding craze finished
    Gets added to NU/W early 2006
    Makes a few good friends for the first time in ages
    Gets s-modded late spring 2006
    Has some drama with sort-of irrational hate, a sucky summer, and jealousy of relationships and the AA position
    Eventually gets promoted to AA, doesn't care
    Currently works on doing name changes in a timely fashion and has other jealousies to get over.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    My forum life has been quite simple here, even though I've been here since early 2005.

I came to Pokecommunity in January 2005, originally because my friend who was banned from serebiiforums came here. Soon after, I got interested in the field of fangame making.

For about 2 years I was on and off posting in the field of fangames, running 2 projects that ultimately failed.

In 2007, I almost disappeared completely from Pokecommunity, with little reason to return, as I didn't post. I hardly posted at all throughout 2007 as time progressed.

I didn't make my full return until 2008, when I slowly started posting things in the Other Chat section. Soon after I got involved with the IRC and became friends with a few people there. My activity is slowly rising as I also started a thread about my Pokemon music remixing project, Pokemon Orchestral Arrangement.

And that's about it.

Mooshykris

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I totally should base this on screenshots, but I can't be stuffed. Or can I? Actually I can't. XD;

Anyways, according to my profile, it began off on November 15th 2005. But before that, I … wanted Pokémon jukebox and kareokemon or however both are spelt. Those songs that were on at the end of Pokémon episodes, I liked them, and for some reason I couldn't find all of the songs (I think I wanted the actual episode part, meaning whatever Pikachu or whichever Pokémon was doing at the time the song was on… if that makes sense) I think I found PC through the episode requests thread, and then made my way through that to find the first place I could to ask for the episode ending songs. This was probably… somewhere. Oh, and I signed up as simpsonqueen because it was going to be nicadogs, but I liked the Simpsons. XD I dunno, I didn't really care about PC, and didn't care about getting along with anyone, just as long as I got what I wanted. Though, later, I made a thread, which was pointless relating to toasted TV and Pokémon… I think that was because I might've wanted to… just let people forget about the other pointless, repeat threads I made. And, then there is… http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=55904, to further get through the point that I was sorry about posting wrong and stuff. XD; I seriously have no clue what else I did… but according to the threads I created, I found my way to MCG, and started creating clubs… pointless clubs. XD And then… I went to other sections, creating more pointless threads. (Basically my entire first couple of months at PC were pointless. XD) Um… what next… I forgot what comes next, the… oh, I'll just explain it in order of remembering. XD OKAY, so, I remember my first friend was A-one. Back when there were friends lists members could type in >_> And sometime around the beginning a person randomly PMed me to pair with him… There was also three threads, the Dragonair club, and the Arcanine club… where I posted Growlithe images I think. XD Oh, and in either of the two, there was a kinda debate about what Arcanine was, dog or… tiger. There were also… ep cards. Which obviously… meant something I've forgotten? XD There was the club for gold, silver and crystal. I made up a guessing game within that thread, and Kylie complained that I did, so that's when I learnt never to mix games with clubs. I think. But the answer was Miltank, obviously. Though I think I got letters mixed up and nobody knew what I was on about. Also, the person who started that thread (username forgottten) got banned, and pretended to be his sister and pretended to be his friend o_o It was funny though. Next club… um… Plusle and Minun. Created by a fan of May from Pokémon… her and… someone else were breaking rules a lot within that thread, being offtopic, etc. XD They also got into a fight and were talking about real life… and stuff like that. NEXTLY, (or probably not in order of these events) was April fools… when PC made the forum black, but I was determined to post in my subscriptions. I was like, worried or something, but it sure was exciting. Better than any other PC April fools events I've seen.

Sometime after that… came my FC… which is still alive-ish. Following that, was the Poochyena/Mightyena club, and meeting May and Tali. May's n00bish banner of Altaria/Typhlosion was funny. XD; After that… well, I kinda knew Rene around the time when I joined, but mid 06 is when I basically got to know him/May/Tali. Then Jae came and… did stuff. Jae/Tali brought on the zomg stage of things… meaning, zomgies, zombies and zomg. Um… and there was also spelling vegemite then, and wanting to get a showbag of vegemite at the royal show. XD; Who else from around then? Oh yeah, meeting Kenji, which didn't mean as much as Tali, etc then. And, somewhere towards the end of 06, PC wasn't working for a while, and May asked me to get Jae's email (or was it Tali… wait, probably May) and, while PC wasn't working, May got her dog, Misty. XD; I thought you'd all be interested by that. Anyways, sometime… in… whenever, Tali got Skype, and expected all of us to get it too. Which we did, but then she couldn't talk to us on it anymore. D: Because of her parents, because of that, I decided to get BF a cbox, (which was created august 2006) I got this because I wanted to talk to Tali directly… um… okay, on October… well, between the 10th and 20th, Jae left MCG, which eventually led to us following him to the DCC. I also got my username changed for the first time to ×× Nica ××… Oh, and at some point, for some reason, I met Macy too. OH, and at BF: We had a Christmas party, it was fun. May, Tali, etc attended. We made graphics for a thread, though all I offered was… pictures of my animals. XD 365 people world… which only had about two people… but yeah, about January 2007, Tali and I decided to try speed posting etc, to raise our DCC post counts. We were successful at raising it until Jolty and Matt teamed up to take us on… and we lost that. Okay, 7th of January… Jolty PMed Tali and I, telling us not to post in the DCC… but that didn't stop anything, so we continued posting, but way less. Following that, we came into the interesting stuff… okay, first was Shayla, who posted in Tali's FC thinking she was an Altaria or something. XD That was awesome. Next, Marz PMing me to post in his Espeon club… (26th of feb btw… I'd go find other dates for other events, but it takes too long to look for. XD) Then there was the Lugia in banner thing… skipping to April… well, April fools sucked. XD Then… 5th of April – 10000 posts. Also, I got a new account, ditching my main one, the new account name was Kawaii. April 28 – BF got 100 members. 8D Oh, and I got into trouble on my birthday. XD Then… stupid ebil xylophones. May 20th – Used the Tali one month inactive banner (even though she was inactive for a month the next day… XD)

May 22nd… Tali said she'd come back to PC, though sadly on May 23rd she said she wouldn't be back ever again. WELL GUESS WHAT? SHE WAS WRONG. Which I'm glad about :D Second pair. I made 2007's June DCC (The second last monthly one.) Another pair… Ryouki bet I couldn't survive not using XD for a week…and in June also, TCTI got created, which was really the remake of the never ending counting game, but we're not talking about remakes of previous threads. XD And it only got created cause I couldn't be stuffed to, and asked Mage to create it for me. XD; I made a poll in that months DCC for a reason… XD Also in this same month, I created the Police-y Staff, which is a story about the staff being police. (Well, not all, cause some weren't… and it was incorrect a lot of the time, so I needed to keep editing usernames etc in the story. XD;) Made a graphics shop sometime around then… just dunno when. July 12-th, left PC as a joke… returned July 14 (This is called July fools cause of… yeah.) The Police-y Staff also had a new version, new members, it was bad, and mainly because of the poisonous full stop idea that wasn't even my idea. XD Um, a song about PC… XD Changed username to Nica-chan, which was copying Tali basically. XD Sometime… I also came up with pairings of people that don't match. TPOT appeared at BF… which was important at the time because… of something. It got people re-interested in BF and, later on TPOT was thought to be psychic or either understood me. Which was strange at the time, because… not many people understand me. XD; Cookie party idea thing. XD I made a quiz about The Police-y Staff, Rene answered that the year it was set in was June, but too bad for him, he lost the quiz and Went won it… with only two participants. XD Username change to Nica-chan³, which didn't last many hours. In October, stupid idea for the squared club being created, copying the cubed idea… Went was the only one to agree to doing so. Astrid said eating with her family is romantic. Physital… TSA being a password to the world of anime… PC tax return… XD In November, I got TCTI's 10000th post. Tali was online! I created pokmns r the rulerz for TCTI specifically. On the last day of November, paired with Kenji. December… username change back to simpsonqueen. Also said that TSA's suicide was true… my FC got closed because of Shika. XD The day before Christmas, Tali properly returned. And I also made up a screenshot of her returning on a Monday, which she did. Made TCTI FC. XD Cedrik… at BF said he had a daughter. Pachi's and Bellossoms. PC was hacked by these people… it was funny. XD I created an account called Bellossom… which had swapped username with HFK… so therefore, Bellossom became xx Nica2 xx. I quit PC (But actually I returned… over a month later.) On the 27th of January, HFK came into existance (my username) In February… I posted in BF's cbox that I'd return to PC, but then Went screenied, meaning I had to. On the 18th of feb… (well, the day before I used Kenji's account to view PC) Went wanted me to post on PC so he gave me his password to post on PC on his account. And… Midnight Winged (I think) didn't believe it was me. So yeah, later on that day I returned. Quad-Triple-y²… March 25th, got 20000 in TCTI though dedicated the post to Went cause he wanted it or something. Forgot. Spamming on someone's forum for the fun of it… XD Another account, ayepreel-fyewls, on April fools. XD YunaDances x munna idea… got support, and then they got together. Oh, and at some point in April, another account, Fifailre. YunaDances came up with Nica x Went to counter YunaDances x munna. Bridget created Came as opposite of Went, but I didn't think that was the real opposite, so I created Arrived. And… Devil. XD Akari said she was the God of Went and I. So then I paired with Went. Germaneze… the dead dog that is non-existant.

AND THAT'S MY PC LIFE UP UNTIL NOW. I've been meaning to reply to this for a while… and… yeah. I probably forgot stuff too... but I tried to include the important stuffs XD;

Years
  • My story begins 2 or 3 years ago at Duongens of Storms (A sonic, Pokemon, Rockman, Yugioh, Yu Yu Hakashu fan site) and I joined under the name of BeatlesFan247. I got a crowd there with little posts, that was the only fourum that I've been in in which I admitted that I had Aspergers Disorder (Google it). After that, I made an account on youtube called conicteamtv using my one man organiztion name, conicteam, but before that, I had one called haoxfun247, and I deleted that account. Before I joined MFG, I joined 1emulation and fooled them into thinking that I was John Travolta, but I ended that trick after a few posts. I then joined MFG once I got into Mugen, but after about 2 months, a user condsidered for me to go to IMT. The crowd was very kind and suportive.

A year later, I joined Nintendo Worlds Wi-Fi forum. I then joined the forum I post in today, but some of those forums I still post in.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I quickly take notice that I'm the only one with absolutely no history here.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    My PC life began at about August 07' when I joined as treeko3605, a young noob. It all started when I joined my first rp made by Lash. I was denied because of my atroshish spelling, mainly cause I needed help with spell check. I held a grudge that made me leave for two or so months. Then I started my own RP which was sucsesful. Then, or so I thought Lash and I made up, It was like nothing ever happened. But he lied. Then in late December we had a fight because of that lie. Later on, out of spitefulness I called his birthday crappy( if you read this,sorry again), so I got in trouble with mods but then Lash and made up after we both confessed we had family problems. Then in early February I changed my name and became an pair with tsuchi-chan. Which is about all. On a side note I also joined a now dead Naruto RP.

Years
  • Back on '04, I was looking for tips on Pokémon Ruby and was directed to PC by a friend whose username in the forum was Golden Groudon. I was a young fellow eager to make friends aswell, and met lots of people. I made great friends with Sachi, Castrainer, John (sugarPUNK) at first. Then time passed on and I lost interest as many of my comrades had left. I got disconnected for a while.

When I came back, I met oni_flygon, who shared many of my interests in music and life in general, as well as PC. He was a mod at the time, but quickly became an s-mod and then an AA before quitting shortly after. His spots on OW and OE were free then, and I was somehow considered and chosen to mod them the last day of '06. I agreed. oni is still probably the best comrade I've had in my online life.

After a couple of months I think, I was offered Pokémon Fan Fiction aswell. I tried to develop new rules for my forums as well as higher stantards on writing and strictness as a moderator, which got me many n00b haters for a while.

Things had been normal until around October of last year, when OVP was taken care of by Sammi and the whole Poll Of The Week thing was going on. I wanted to help her so I offered to take OVP as well, but I was promoted to orange a few days later instead.

Since then, It's been pretty much trying to improve stuff here and there around the forum withany help I can provide. I've been somewhat inactive the last few months, though.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I wonder if I can write as much as you people... Let's see...
    NOTE: Please refrain from reading this if you dont like stories about videogames, videogame making, or rom hacking. This one is filled with a lot of that.

Spoiler:

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    ...I would be thrown at Murderface to be paired with him, and that didn't work out (I don't even know what happened).

...I'm not even sure what happened there, actually. All I know is that it was the best damn 23 minutes of my life <3

XD alright, here's my story:

One night at about 3 AM, while intoxicated and caffine-high, I was bored, so i started playing through my fire-red game. I go stuck, and didn't know wtf to do next, so I started looking for a walkthrough of it on google. Somehow, one of the links to it brought me to this site, and I started browsing around for a while. I started posting around in the "pokemon fanclubs" for a while, then passed out at my desk out of exhastion. The next day I was on my computer, and saw this website in my IE history, and was all like "...wtf?" and clicked back into it. I had nothing else to do atm, and just started browsing around a bit. I was posting in some Poke-fanclub like some little newb, and met up with DarkIllusion. We started talking for a bit about just...random poke-related crap (y'know, the whole "LOL I LEIK MUDKIPZ" shizz), and she intruduced me to Marz.

...We hated eachother at first, but started growing on eachother, and began to talk more after that. That's when I met "Kikyo" (or veronica, or...whatever...) in a FC Marz had made for Espeon. We started talking, then she attempted to brutally e-rape me through MSN text chat. As it turns out, she was actually someone I know who lived down the street from me, got freaked out, and blocked her. After that, me and Marz had this like, 2 hour MSN chat about how messed up it was.

Then there was FLY...oh god...FLY...I still have intense feelings for her <333

...She called me and Marz gay, then I started flirting with her. This lasted about three days, and then she eventually left this forum because of it. It was amazing. After that, I hunted her down on the "Cave of Dragonflies" forums (where I met my current pair <3), harassed her a bit more, got her LJ (which I was banned from, btw XD), and started playing "furcadia" with her. Horrible experience, btw.

XD Flash-foreward a few months later, in this time, i met some other great people, like Arisa, Harmony (Under the name "Cosmic" then. We all thought she was a dude ._.), Midnight Beat, Chikara, and Klippy (we met outside of MSN in an msn chat.). Kouyuu and I met up in the "Leaving/Absence" thread, and started talking a bit in my old FC about how much ass CoB kicks a while later.

Anyways, that's basically it, not getting into explicit detail.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Wow... certainly an interesting thread. Great to hear everybody's stories and experiences in this very distinct forum. :'D

So I became interested in Ruby/Sapphire right about when it was first released. I had all the previous games, but it was in 2003 where I really became a fan of the franchise.

So, later on to 2005 where FireRed/LeafGreen were the next new thing, I found Serebii.net by doing a couple random Google searches, and then eventually SPPF. I joined, I made a few posts, broke a few rules because I was so stupid (I was 11 at that time - didn't have absolutely any idea of what the world was like XD), and, coincidentally, found the PokéCommunity due to a fellow countrymate I found at SPPF - QFred.

So yeah, I joined PC June 13th, 2005. (FG's birthday omg) Was a happy-go-lucky little nub, new to the world of the interwebs. I made a few posts, and then eventually became inactive. I became interested in gaming in general, and just moved on to other sites.

So in September, I tried paying PC a little visit... And I made the first step to making myself completely addicted to the boards.

I joined the IRC chat.

Being the suck-upish little innocent prick that I was at that time, I had never talked to an actual PC staffer before, and thought that they were comparable to like, holy messengers of God or something, so you can imagine my reaction as I first saw Signomi on the chat.

"OMAHGAWD IT'S SIGNOMI? WTF XDDDDDDDDDDD OMG GIVE ME AN AUTOGRAPH NOW HAHAHAHA"

And that very quote started me off at PC. I became a regular poster, a regular IRC chatter, and so on and so forth. For a good, solid year and a half I was making about 2 posts every day, getting involved in almost every type of conversation that was up on the forums.

Moving towards the beginning of 2007, I discovered a board called the Diamond/Pearl forum. For some reason I fell in love with it. Maybe because I was able to help people in need, to answer almost every question that was out there, or simply due to the fact that I was very, very hyped for the game itself. I dunno, I just liked hanging around there and making a couple reports every once in a while to help the mods keep it in order.

June 2007, I was promoted to moderator of the Diamond/Pearl forum. I honestly wasn't expecting it, seeing as I didn't really give a good impression out to most of the PC staffers... XD

August 2007, I screwed up. Due to something personal that had happened, I broke a severe rule and was demoted. From then on, I started going less and less to PC, until I eventually became inactive for a while. Still lurked every once in a while on the chat, mind you.

And now, I'm just... here, I guess. Apparently I can't really separate myself from this forum seeing as, like Signomi said, I've been through a lot here and it's probably the website that's really impacted me the most and shaped me to make myself who I am now.

I don't think I'll ever forget about PC, not because it's probably one of the friendliest out there, but because the friends I made here were, and still are some of the best friends I've ever made, be it online and off.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Even though I enlisted in June 2005, my history here actually started sometime around March of that year. One day, I asked this girl named Eliana what "PC" was, and she happily gave me the link to this forum; after doing some initial scouting as a guest, I decided to put off enlisting for a while. In June, I was given the link again, and it was then that I finally decided to get an account here. I had an initial advantage in that I actually knew some of the people here from other places; my integration into forum life here actually went smoother than most. Back then, I was quick to make new friends; before long, I was paired with someone, and I ended up with a nice little network of contacts in both the staff and the civilian population. We would spend large portions of time spamming the DCC and talking about Stargate SG-1, Tales of Symphonia, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, and whatever anime happened to be airing on Adult Swim at the time; the irony of being a member of a Pokémon forum while not being interested in Pokémon at all has not been lost on me, even after all this time. I also made some forays into roleplaying.

In May 2006, I was banned just one month shy of my first anniversary here. A friend of mine made the mistake of enlisting a few days afterwards; due to confusion over IPs and a very poor choice of words on his part, my own ban was extended until July. When I was allowed back in, I came back to find PC a slightly different place; about half of my friends had left or otherwise disappeared from the forum in the interim, and a bunch of strangers had sprouted up in their place. Blaming them for the degeneration of the forum, I steadily grew more hidebound and militant as the months passed. Finally, in October 2006, things finally came to a head, and in the span of just a few minutes, I had lost everything. I was supposed to have been banned for just three months; however, due to the involvement of that "friend," I ended up getting banned for half a year.

When that second ban was lifted in March 2007, I just decided to keep my head down and try to covertly rebuild what little reputation I had left. However, I was quickly found out by some of the members who still remembered me; that exposure proved to be of little consequence, though, as the vast majority of members here just don't give a damn about their predecessors. I've managed to rebuild to some degree by getting myself a new pair and some new friends; however, I think I've made even more enemies in the time since my return, and many of those people are either in the staff or otherwise enjoy a great degree of popularity amongst the rest of the population.

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Ah well I don't mind sharing. It's been a while too...

Anways, I joined a Pokemon forum, not this one, Serebi. I joined it because I thought it would be a fun place to be. I think I joined around Aug. 2006. I will refrain from revealing my identity at SPPf, so please do not ask. Anyways, at SPPf, I remember my most favorite thing to do there was going to this person's shop who's username was Amazingkiss. I remember her graphics were amazing. She was the first person I looked up to when it comes to graphics. So after cruising around the Fan Art Shops area, I went into the clubs section. There I met the person how you now know as Michii (She had a different username but I will refrain from revealing her username too). She was the one who ran a club and we became really good friends after that. I even remember her giving me a Christmas present 2006 too. ^^;

So anyways, after that, Michii made a forum and I could not resist from joining. You see, at that time she was banned. And I wanted to know what was going on. So I joined and to ask her. After all of that, I spent most of my time on that forum. And on that forum, I became a mod, as well as my other friends. And we desisions on how to make this forum better ect. So a few months has past after joining Michii's forum. We even had people advertise at SPPf. And who knew? Who knew that our advertisment would lure mods in to our forum? Well even though that may not sound like a bad thing, it actually was. One mod in particular, which I have had a grudge on ever since then, always made fun of us. Always made fun of the people who were helping Michii's forum. And it was quite hard to resist, unfortunatlly, the mod told nearly all the staff to join just to make fun of us. I actually know why the mod made fun of us. 1. I believe she was suspicious when she knew my name was Kisa. As many Furuba fans know, Kisa is a character from that series. The mod had a likeing in Kisa. And the mod thought I was copying that mod. 2. One of my best friend's pair stole the mod's pair. I believe that's one of the reasons why the mod made fun of us. Now notice I did not mention the mod's name or gender because I will keep this as unrevealed for now.

After a few months, we finally got the mod off our shoulders. Until a new person came by, which I will also refrain from revealing the name. I guess you can say I was jealous. So I decided to leave that forum and SPPf. Since I also remembered from being banned as well at SPPf(And guess who did it). So after leaving that forum and SPPf, I joined PC. I was quite lonely on PC because I didn't know anyone here, until I met MiSs~KoN, pink-tiger, and Midori Chi. I was friends with them until they weren't online. So I decided to make a shop from my skills I learned from my friends, Michii and Sammi (No, not Sammi the admin). So I did, and who knew that I would get so many people to know me? So I also became kind of jealous, so I tried to make friends. Unfortunatlly that friendship with this "clique" did not last. Even now.

I went back to the forum Michii made and I realize she was not as active as before. I became quite angry so I made a forum myself with Chikara and Midori Chi. Unfortunatlly, that forum died. I went back to Michii's forum, I can see it, half-died. So I decided to leave, permenently. And then on PC, I saw Michii joined! (The WTF you took my cookie! banner made me realize it was her) It made me happy seeing I had a long lost friend come back.

Then after a few more months, I met Akari, Ayumi-chan, and Jack'O Neill. This was kind of the result of my Lulu fangirlism. xD;

And during the same time, my friend Sammi came up to me on MSN.
    "Hey Kisa, why wouldn't you go back to the forum Michii made?"
    "-I answer to the above statement I just made to her-"
    "Well if that's the case why not SPPF?"
    "Why should I go back? People hate me there."
    "Nobody will, they won't remember you. And besides, I might be in a shop with you."
    "We'll see."

So I might go back to SPPf.

Years
  • The first forum I ever joined was the Quiet World. It was a forum for fans of Lemony Snicket. I learned a lot about forums there. Those people there were WEIRD though, so I began to disturb the peace in the forum. Everyone knew who I was, I felt so popular. But then, one day, I had the nerve to talk crap about the Administrator, Micheal, and like a lvl 5 Magikarp against Raikou, I was gone! But I came back. I kept coming and going, but it was the final straw when I picked on a moderator. I cleaned up my act a lot since then, I mean I was only 13, now I'm 16 and more mature.

I joined PC as my second forum I could call home and prove to myself that I was mature enough to be a part of a forum, and I think I've done well here so far.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Oh boy...my forum/internet life IS PC, so here we go.

On my birthday in July of 2007, I got a new computer. I usually don't get much, so this was an awesome gift. I was trying to beat the battle frontier in pokemon emerald, and I was having trouble (since my last competitive battling experience was when Ruby and Sapphire first came out, and I didn't play on Netbattle very long). I saw an article on gamefaqs about competitive battling and I decided to build a team. Now I needed feedback, so I used google and found the pokecommunity forums.

My mom said that I could join as long as I don't give away any personal information (oops!), so I joined the forum back when aragornbird was S&M's only mod. I tried several times unsuccessfully to build a 3rd gen team, despite Netbattle (and all memories of it) being mostly gone. I honestly don't know how I forgot so much (probably because I had somebody else build my Netbattle teams originally, back when it had even more bugs than it has now). I was quite the newbie, and I had to be one of the most annoying raters in PC's history.

After joining PC, I also joined pe2k and Smogon, but I never got active under either account. I was too busy driving everybody here off the wall.

I went on a lot of double posting sprees, and even went to triple and quadruple posting. I got in a few arguments (most notably with the forum's old ADV whiz, Mullet), and finally help from Alter Ego and Rubberbandman made my teams not suck as much. I thank you both tremendously for that ^_^ I downloaded Netbattle again and eventually started to get good at battling, though I was still a horribly obnoxious team rater. I was banned sometime in this time period, and it really sucked since my grandfather died during my 2-week ban and I didn't have my friends here to help me get through it.

When I came back from my ban, my attitude changed a lot. I made an honest effort to not be so mean and annoying, and to some extent I was successful. Finally, I downloaded shoddy battle and made a rather mediocre team. Still, I managed to get some victories over some of our better players and I started to lean towards DP and away from ADV battling. Still, I obviously was still stupid enough to act like a jerk to Syaoran and leave because I love to overreact to things. Of all things I've done at PC, that is my biggest regret (being a jerk to Sya, that is - leaving helped me a lot).

After that, I eventually befriended Dark_Azelf, Loquacity/Blueberry, and Syaoran. After coming back, my attitude improved a little more and as time progressed, my n00bishness wore off and I started to get good enough at DP where I could actually compete with our best battlers.

As time has went by, I've replaced n00bishness, arrogance, and overall idiocy with narrow-mindedness and being very opinionated, but overall I'm happy with how things have gone on PC. I still regret so many things though, and sometimes the way I can act today really baffles me. Meh, I at least make an effort to not be too much of an idiot anymore.

I still have a lot of things to say, mostly things involving "I'm sorry" or "I regret...," but this is about forum life, not a pity party. lol

Today, I'm a fairly active Shoddy battler and occasionally Netbattle as well, and I try to stay active in Strategies and Movesets. I lurk on Smogon and post a bit on pe2k since S&M isn't as active as it used to be. Otherwise, I don't really do anything on the net. So that's my forum life, full of regret, sorrow, friendship, and triumph. Joining this forum I Googled at 2 AM has been so worthwhile though :)

Ironically, I never actually accomplished the goal I came here for. I probably could beat the frontier with my new fountain of pokemon knowledge, but I gess I don't really care anymore 0_o

Last edited:

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • WHY didn't I see this thread before?!?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The first forum I ever joined dates back to 2001, when I was looking at Digimon websites. I went to one that was on a site called The Otaku. That site had a feature where you can create your own Digimon, but it said that in order to submit it, you had to be a member of Otakuboards (the forum there). BOOM! My first forum. That one had all sorts of different anime discussions, including a Pokemon section. I spent most of my time chatting about Pokemon or Digimon (or occasionally Yu-Gi-Oh); my username was even Nefertimon. This got me used to the idea of posts and board rules and moderators... chatting was fun.

Later on, I joined a second forum. I forgot exactly what it was called, but it didn't last very long... I was a moderator there, but most of the people were spammers... so I just abandoned the site...

Then there came the day somewhere in 2002 when Otakuboards started something called an "Adventure Arena", a section dedicated to RPGs. I became interested in the idea of collaborating on stories, but I came out as very n00bish at first. My very first post in that section was in an RPG I didn't even sign up for, and people were pissed... I also posted in an invite-only RPG where I wasn't invited, and my post quality was a tad poor... Not to mention that most of the RPGs were written like plays, with dialogue and everything. One particular one used a lot of smilies too. Memories... But I did earn quite a name for myself over time, and spent most of my time in RPG's, creating new characters and having fun all the while. I was even in two RPGs that actually ended, one of which was a Digimon RPG of my creation.

During that time, I was searching for Pokemon websites, and came across Pokemon Safari, which at the time had lots of screenshots for the anime. I also noticed that there was a forum called Pokecommunity which focused on Pokemon. By that time, for some reason, the Pokemon section of Otakuboards closed... so I decided to join Pokecommunity for Pokemon discussion. My favourite section of PC was the Trivia/Games section at first--I practically lived there, and people even told me to post in the other sections.

Then I discovered the RP sections on Pokecommunity. The first RPG I ever created there was one about a Pokemon race... so fun indeed; too bad it didn't last very long. Over time, I began to join a few more RPG's there. I remember hoarding all the Pokemorph RPG's with a Gardevoir/Alakazam fusion Pokemon. Of course, the best RPG's I joined were still in Otakuboards, but these weren't bad.

2005-2006 came along, and not only did my RPG quality improve, but I discovered a new forum: the Serebii forums. That one had an RPG section too! Unfortunately, there was a silly feature of the forums where one's username is deleted if he/she is not active for a certain period of time. As a result, I went through three different usernames on that site, the third and still-surviving one being Kiruria... The RPGs were memorable, especially the large number of X-Men and Harry Potter RPG's I joined there. My most memorable RP experience there was in a Harry Potter RPG I created... but it died, sadly...

During the year of 2006, the RPG quality of all three forums (Otakuboards, SPPF, and PC) was about the same in my opinion. I also started saving my RPG posts at this time. Although I occasionally did things elsewhere on the forums (in PC I remember making a trainer card shop and a personality quiz to determine which element you were), I spent the majority of my time in the RPG sections, because I had gotten quite a love for creating characters. I had no friends on any of the forums, but at least I had a good time.

But in 2007 things started to change. First of all, I went on a pretty long hiatus from RP'ing for the most part; the only RPG I ever looked at for a while was one called "The Space Shield Crisis", here on PC. After the hiatus, starting in late 2007 or so, two things happened. First, the length of my RPG posts and especially my signups increased drastically, from then to the present... Second, I found an RPG called Tohea, which simulated a Pokemon adventure. In it, I could sign up as a character, pick a Pokemon as a starter, then start my journey. Instead of other members posting in it, a referee would... well, the system is rather complicated, but I really got into it.

By that time, I had abandoned SPPF, because the RPGs went too fast, and I wanted to pay more attention to my Otakuboards and PC RPG's... But, Otakuboards was declining in membership, activity, and RP quality... so I joined fewer and fewer RPG's there. So by 2008, PC became my number one site for RPGs, next to my occasional posts in my Tohea journey. The first four months of 2008 were glorious--I joined several RPG's, and even had friends on PC at last. Phanima became my first friend, having met through RPG's. Trainer Kat followed, and... well, I was so happy...

However, by late April, I found three other Pokemon RPG's like Tohea, and began posting in them a lot. It was in those RPG's (Tohea, Althea, Mistree, and Sokuyo) that I posted my longest signups in RPG History (Lupin's signup in Althea, omg...), got even closer to my favourite characters, etc. etc. But as a result, I pretty much abandoned Otakuboards, and didn't post in PC very often...

That situation continued until the present; however, things are beginning to change again. Mistree and Sokuyo are dying, so I probably won't be posting there ever again. My signups for Althea are done, so I don't have to spend as much time there as I did before. Occasionally, I still check Otakuboards to see if there are any good RPGs, or just things to talk about. And I think I will start to become more active here on PC as well.

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    Renn's Forum Life

I can't even remember the first time I joined a forum. Lets start with why I started communicating with people over the Internet, I had a best friend for ages and she just suddenly decided to stop talking to me one day without a reason (NOT KIDDING, Not a single word and we had been inseperable for 2+ years). So, my trust in myself with people was even more dented then we got a computer and I fell inlove with the Internet. I mean, it was just amazing, I could find anything I want with the tapping of a few keys and the click of a button! (OH THE POWER!!)

I used to be fanatical about Neopets but it got incredibly boring and it changed so much that me didn't like it anymore, anyway neopets had got me into the whole Graphics making side of things (With the guild layouts and whatever) so I decided to look around for somewhere else to talk about Graphics.
    This was about I don't know 5-6 years ago... after spending much time jumping around forums, never spending more than a month at one because I needed to find the right one, I came across the game Pokemon Crater and I think that was on May 06 2006 (I THINK) and it had a forum too (YAY!). Something just clicked with that place and I stayed there until it closed just before this Christmas *sniffs*, during that time, I made tons of friends (Okay not tons, a few good friends that I still talk to, some role models etc.), got really into spriting then out again as I explored signature-making and I also became a moderator there as well. Loved looking at the art of one member called Nocturnal Moth. The Spriters were just great, off the top of my head, I can remember....Fury, Albert, Biohazzard..so many and I can't remember how to spell some of the forum names so I won't say anymore lol OH YES... how could I forget.. ESEPIBE! I loved his infection series (I think it was called that), and the rest of his art work.
    Moderating there was pretty funny at times Some people just can NOT read rules. No matter how many times you direct them to the rules after warning them, 5 minutes later they break another rule! Just incredible. It was alot of fun at this forum, just so many memorable memories (I think those words together work XPP).

After Crater shut down I played neopets again briefly as an Avatar Collector. It had changed so much, it was just awful in my opinion.
    After getting bored of Neopets again, I joined Aisenfield (A forum), and it is serious hilarious there. I enjoy it alot.
    Oh and I also joined The Manga Volumes forum because a friend made me laugh enough to join it, and I occasionally post there.

Inbetween all that, I have joined quite a few forums, but Crater happens to be the one I've probably been most active at. Since I can remember, I've used a forum name with the name Renn in, I can't remember where I got it from. Its usually funkeh_renn or Renneh.

And then yesterday I decided it was about time I join another pokemon-related forum and this is how I landed up here. Its been great so far ^^ Lots of warm welcomes.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Okay I guess I'll post my history here just cause it seems like a cool idea.

Hmmm....
    If I recall correctly my forum adventures started out around 2001. I had be playing on a Pokemon website known as Pokemon Crater, then I referred through them to another online Pokemon RPG know as TPPC. There I was 'recruited' to a proboards based forum known as "Draciel Elite" and was based around BeyBlade and Anime, through that I meet a friend Gold who I idolized at the time, being an influencal (sp?) twelve year old, (he also sparked my interest in anime as a sidenote.) but I followed him to two forums one known as Final Fantasy Extreme which I became very active on for a few years and they helped me improve my roleplaying abilities. The second forum which I joined was Melody's Articuno Forum. It was a conforums based forum and admit I acted quite like a n00b at the time, but they put up with me anyways and I made some good friends there.

Over the time I spent in the proboards and FFE I also created a few various forums of my own but they all died the same. Then on Melody's I heard them talking about this "PC" and I became interested and finally asked one day what it was, they told me and gave me the link and soon after I joined under the username Silver (Yeah, you could say I idolized Gold and wanted a similar username) but here I became active in random threads posting a good deal for about a year or so, then I sorta forgot the PC and went on to join other RP forums and GAIA Online (in 2003), and after being active there and improving my roleplaying for maybe a year and half, I vanished from the forum community. When I finally emerged about year later, PC had reset it's self and my account have been deleted so I quickly re-registered with the same name, made a few noobish posts and dissappeared again, only to stumble upon it when I got back into pokemon when I bought Diamond, that sparked my memory that I indeed had a PC account and went back to check it out. I didn't really do much, just lurked for a few months but now I have decided to become active once again and enjoy my time.

-- Silver

Last edited:
    Back