• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Adventure: Hoenn Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
Years
  • PLOT

Greetings and welcome to the world of Pokemon. It is a vast and diverse land, full of many different creatures as well as people known as pokemon trainers who control them in battle.​

You are one of these pokemon trainers. With your new starting partner at your side and your fellow pokemon trainer companions, each having their own unique pokemon, you must travel through the land that is Hoenn, collecting gym badges from the various cities as you strive for one goal and that's to be the pokemon master.​

You are a resident of Littleroot Town and have decided to finally begin your pokemon journey. With the help of myself, the local pokemon expert who provdes you with your first pokemon, set out to begin your journey through Hoenn.​

Your job will be to catch wild pokemon, as you train them to become powerful battlers. You can decide which moves they learn through TMs and HMs as well as if they will evolve or not.​

Beware though as two evil teams reside in Hoenn. Team Magma has a dream of raising the worlds land masses, and Team Aqua will stop at nothing to raise the worlds oceans. It may be up to you to stop them.​

You can collect items and secret pokeballs to help your chances of catching wild pokemon. Your final goal is to collect all eight Hoenn gym badges and face off against the elite four to prove that you are indeed the true pokemon champion.​

There will be many challenges and many people who get in your way. Will you work with your fellow pokemon trainers, or against them? Only time will tell. The choices are all up to you as you build your team and try to become the best pokemon trainer of all time.​
    (NOTE: if this looks familer its because I also run the Kanto adventure)

Rules

1) No Legendaries! I don't care who you are as a Trainer. No player will ever own a legendary Pokemon. Sorry. You may, however, get to control one for a limited amount of time during a special event...​

2) Play your Personality! Please, after you've spend the time creating an in-depth personality for your character, please make sure that you actually make that personality surface through good roleplaying. Otherwise, it is a waste of time.​

3) YOU MUST BE ACTIVE!!!! This is the most important rule for this RPG. If you are not active, don't even bother signing up. My goal is to have everyone log in and post AT LEAST once per day. It may seem extreme, but I feel that is the best way to keep the momentum and flow of the story going. If you are going to be away for a day or two, please let me know. I will control your character until you return.​

4) Hoenn Pokemon Only! This is very important, seeing as we are roleplaying in the Hoenn Region. This means that only Pokemon numbered 001-202 (Hoenn Dex) will appear during your adventures through Hoenn. Please, please, please don't break this rule.​

5) Stay Together! This rule seems dumb, but it is very important. If the Pokemon Trainers don't stick together then the game gets very dull and unwieldy. Temporary straying is, of course, permitted but please do not overdo it. You guys are a team!​

6) HAVE FUN!! Anyone seen not having fun will be immedietly kicked, no questions asked. Sorry. If you are not here to have fun, you are gone...haha.​

The Character Sheet

Character Name: What is your characters name.​

Age: How old is your character. I prefer the ages of 10 between 15.​

Birth Date: When is your characters birthday.​

Apperance: What does your character look like. NO PICTURES!​

Personality: What is your characters personality. This must be very good as you will be playing as this person for a while.​

History: What is your character's history. I just need a few sentances​

Pokemon Starter: What is your starter pokemon. The choices are limited. If another person picked that pokemon, please choose another one.​

Pokemon

Treecko

dpmfa252.png

Level: 5

Type: Grass

Ability: Overgrow
    Attacks: Pound, Leer
    Nature: Sassy

Torchic

dpffa255.png

Type: Fire

Ability: Blaze
    Attacks: Scratch, Growl
    Nature: Hasty

Mudkip

dpmfa258.png

Type: Water

Ability: Torrent
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl
    Nature: Calm
    Ok those were the ones that were easy to get. Now these ones will require a better sign up.​

Electrike

dpmfa309.png

Type: Electric

Ability: Static
    Attacks: Tackle, Thunder Wave
    Nature: Modest

Whismur

dpffa293.png

Type: Normal

Ability: Soundproof
    Attacks: Pound, Uproar
    Nature: Quiet

Makuhita

dpmfa296.png

Type: Fighting

Ability: Guts
    Attacks: Tackle, Focus Energy, Sand Attack
    Nature: Brave

Bagon

dpmfa371.png

Type: Dragon

Ability: Rock Head
    Attacks: Rage, Bite
    Nature: Lonely

Gameplay

The games system is fairly simple. Basically, after every Trainer has been accepted the game will begin.

I, myself, will not actually be playing the game. Instead, I will be the "Game Master", helping players along their Journies. I will control the wild Pokemon as well as other Pokemon Trainers, Team Magma and Aqua, Gym Leaders, Professor Birch, etc.

The only things the players can control are their own characters and that character's Pokemon. Please do not try to "God Mod" and control other people's characters or Pokemon, or wild Pokemon either (as far as capturing them is concerned). Basically, you can fight the wild Pokemon, but I will be the one who decides if you catch it or not and how powerful it is depending on the quality of your post.

The players will not necessarily post in a specific, pre-determined order but, regardless, I will post right after that last person and sometimes even after each player individual player, depending on how busy I am. Then the cycle will start all over again. Please read the forum Role Play rules if you have any other questions or concerns.

Accepted Players

Treecko: Evilynn Vineway
    Torchic: Raúl de la Llama a.k.a Flare
    Mudkip: None

Electrike: Sara Joso

Whismur: Neaken Reegn
    Makuhita: Marcus Resden
    Bagon: Alex Hernandez

Last edited:

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Character Name: Alex Hernandez

Birth Date: April 30​

Apperance: Alex has black hair. It is messy when he doesn't have gel. When he puts gel on his hair it becomes spiky and very nice. He is muscular and has long legs to allow him to run faster. Alex wears a a red shirt and yellow shorts. At times he wears a white head band on his forehead. Alex tends to wears muscle shirts under his regular clothing. He almost always wears one because he feels uncomfortable without them.​

Personality: Alex is very athletic. He is laid back and intelligent. He likes girls. Alex is a person who can ingore anything when he focuses hard. He is a person who pays attention and will give advice to people who need it. He can be very loyal when it comes to becoming friends. Alex is the kind of person that will back you up and stick up for you. He tends to get jealous very quickly. Alex is a very shy boy who won't do anything with people he doesn't know. He needs to get to know you for atleast a year to become loyal to you. Alex is the type of person who cares for Pokémon not for their power but to befriend them and play with them.​

History: Alex's parents are divorced. They got divorced 1 month after Alex's 12 birthday. He lives with his mom in Littleroot Town after his parents broke up. His brother Ryan,11, lives in New Bark Town where Alex was raised. Alex along with his mom are new to Littleroot Town and don't know anybody. Alex was born in New Bark Town and it has been hard for him to move to a new town after living all his life in the same town. Alex has never really had any pokemon expirences besides the time where he was attacked by a flock of Hoothoot at the age of 5. Alex went to the Poké School in Cherry Grove city where he graduated at age 11 after attending 5 years there. Alex hopes to get his first Pokémon by none other than Professor Birch himself who is Alex's neighbor and the nearest Pokémon Professor to him. Alex and his brother Ryan were together in Poké School but Alex graduated 1 year before Ryan did. Ryan and Alex used to practice battling with their pillows as young kids. They used to battle pretending that their pillows were Pokémon. Alex dreams to become the best battler in the world.​

Pokemon Starter: Bagon. Alex obtained Bagon by Professor Birch after he helped the Professor get back his 7 Poké Balls with the starters in a basket.​

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • To Pokemon_Master09: well i would love to accept you but its simply not long enough. cut out the part about the history of Bagon and add a paragraph to really everything except history and you're good! So for now you are: Pending

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    I edited it as best as I can. Hope I qualify now.

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    So when do I start. How do I make my first post?

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
  • My application

Quick note: The writing style I try to go for shows more then just what's happening - it also describes the surroundings/setting. I'll add a sample piece a little lower in the application, so you can see what I mean.

Name: Sara Joso
    (Had to edit this in, as I forgot it D: )Gender: Female
    Date of Birth: October 11th

Appearance: (Refer to my current avatar for a headshot - if its blurry I apologize. I just made it in Corel and didn't know the sizing limitations D: ) Sara is rather peculiar looking. Not because she's strange, but her anatomy just doesn't seem to agree with itself. Standing at about 5"2 with a more childish body type its easy to mistake her for someone younger than she really is. The only thing about Sara that actually looks the right age is her face - large blue eyes with a red marking (possibly from face-paint?) surrounded by a mane of grayish-white hair.
    Her clothing didn't fair much better. If spotted by someone else, they might just think that she was some type of ninja. Sara wears a white scarf (hiding her lower face from view), a gray like robe, and faded red pants - one might also note that she wore sandals.

Personality: Normally, Sara is quite relaxed. She's the type who sits back and thinks hard about what to do next instead of jumping head first into anything, and doesn't share anything that doesn't need to be said. However, when provoked she can easily have a fireball of an attitude (yelling, jumping around, etc.)
    Though athletic, Sara doesn't tend to waste energy on anything unnecessary - besides training of course!

History: Living in a small, hidden village off of Littleroot was indeed tough. What with a population close to 30, everyone had to do their part to help out. Sara was often the one to volunteer to collect wood, water, or cook, hoping that doing these basic chores would help her out someday when she left home.
    The girl had a typical family of a Mom and a Dad; who had long since left home to become a Pokémon trainer (something Sara had always wanted to be). Though her alone time was just that (spent alone), Sara did have close friends among the village that encouraged her to follow her dreams.

Starter Pokémon: I don't really think I need a paragraph for this, so I'll say either Electrike or Bagon is fine with me. (if I do need a paragraph, just say so! >:D )

Sample Writing (from a role-play I did on a different site. It sounds kind of dark, but that's the way my R.P partner wanted it to begin. You should also note I cut it down a bit, since its just a sample):
    The moon was swollen and heavy, similar to the belly of a toad, but twice as malevolent; it seemed to swim in a puddle of dark cloud that obscured all stars from view, save the most doggedly determined. The shadows cast by the moon's harsh rays were long and distorted, easily making the most beautiful maiden a hideous monster. Pools of black darkness seemed to conceal myriad, watchful eyes, and helped shelter the tree's deformed branches - not yet swathed by the growth of spring. The foliage was sparse, and what did remain after winter's harsh cull stretched imploringly up to the sky, as if to some strange deity...

Etc, etc. That's me sample :)
    Hope you consider me!

Last edited:

Zore

Reaper
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Character Name: Marcus Resden

Birth Date: December 12th

Apperance:
    Short and thin, he has short brown hair and brown eyes. He wears wire-rim glasses and has a near-constant smirk. His skin is lightly freckled and untanned.He wears very flamboyant clothes, his shirt a bright orange. He wears a gray jacket with an interesting flame motif on the sleeves. He wears gloves, leather, in order to protect his hands. Marcus' pants are dark blue and he has sturdy hiking boots on his feet. His belt has a buckle in the shape of pokeball. He also constantly wears a green fishing hat his father gave him for his ninth birthday.

Personality: Marcus is a happy go lucky kid; an eternal optimist who looks for the best in every situation. He enjoys making people laugh over anything else. Marcus is a bit klutzy, frequently injuring himself by falling and tripping. Marcus genuinely enjoys being around other people and pokemon and attempt to be everybody's friend. He is very insightful, able to determine people's moods at a glance; unfortunately he is unable to take advantage of this skill because he blinds himself to the worst in people. He refuses to believe that anyone is evil, or cruel and feels that everyone is decent at heart.

Marcus' main motivation in becoming a Pokemon trainer is to travel and see the world. He is not driven by a deep motivation to be the best trainer in the world, though he is not apathetic either.

History: Born in Littleroot town, Marcus was a tiny ball of sunshine growing up. He was popular in school, unfailingly kind, and his parent's pride and joy. However Marcus was... insulated from the harsher parts of life. His parents shielded the innocent boy from the evils of the world, consequently leaving Marcus naive. Marcus has never had a true tragedy befall him, or really affect him. As such, Marcus is vastly unprepared for the realities of a Pokemon journey.

Pokemon Starter: Makuhita

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Hey Zimvee! Darn, Bagon's taken. Oh well, I'll try for Treecko!

Character Name: Thomas "Tommy" Castkins

Birth Date: August 6, ???? (What year is this?)​

Apperance: Tommy has a typical appearance, blonde hair, blue eyes and an average build. His blonde hair is always spiked up, black tips to give him a sense of rebellion of his parents. His blue eyes are a fierce icy color that get the attention of everyone he comes into contact with. A black t-shirt is what covers his upper body, along with a red vest and a necklace capeable of holding one pokeball. Moving down he wears a simple pair of baggy blue jeans, ripps in the knees again aiding to his rebelliousness. Black sneakers and laces finish up his pre-pubescent outfit.​

Personality: Average kid, likes to make new friends and is friendly with anyone. Although ultimately kind, he isn't always trustful and takes his time in deciding whether or not to divulge personal information. His is always respectful of those older than him, and tries to be a good role model for those who are younger than him. While only being eleven, he has the mentality of a seventeen year old.​

History: Not much can be said about Tommy so far, he's only ten and hasn't even recieved his starter pokemon. His parents were pokemon trainers, just like Tommy hopes to be, and they were specific type trainers. His mom, Isabel, only trained flying type pokemon while his dad, also named Thomas, only trained female pokemon. His mothers favorite pokemon would be her Salamence and his fathers favorite pokemon was his Umbreon. Like his mother, Tommy was a fan of flying pokemon and was in love with his mothers Salamence. Hoping to get Bagon as a starter is what keeps him happy, but in the end any new companion would be fine with him.​

Pokemon Starter: Treecko​

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • To Chabz: excellent! your accepted!
    To Everyone: we will start tommorow so that more people can sign up overnight, but i need you guys to make trainer cards please!

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • Character Name: Emerald

Birth Date: April 14, 1993

Apperance: Emerald basically looks like the guy you play as on the Emerald version. He wears a jacket that is mainly green and black with a little bit of red in it. He also wears a large hat that completely covers the top of his head. He wears a large, one strap bag everywhere he goes.

Personality: Emerald is a very fun-loving boy who will always try to cheer up people and pokemon as best as he can while they're down. He is a natural talented pokemon trainer and likes to have fun during battles but is serious when he needs to be.

History: Emerald moved to Littleroot with his mother just recently to be more near to Emerald's father, who is the gym leader at a nearby town called Petalburg. Emerald always looked up to his dad and wishes to be a talented trainer just like his dad because he knows being a pokemon trainer is in his blood. His ultimate goal is to beat his father one day in a Pokemon battle. (Does this show laziness? I just thought playng as this character would be fun. I'll change it if you want.)

Pokemon Starter: Mudkip- He received it from Prof. Birch to start his journey.​

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I'll try this.

Name: Neaken Reegn
    Birthdate: 8-27

Appearance: Neaken is somewhat short, but it is easy to not notice this at first glance. He is light skinned and slightly pale due to limited sun exposure. He wears a gray hooded sweatshirt and khakis. His light brown hair is shown often as he never seems to actually use the hood on his sweatshirt. He does not feel comfortable when making direct eye contact with people that he doesn't know, so it is difficult to see his dark brown eyes unless you are one of his closest friends. He wears normal laced shoes for all occasions. He weighs a mere 100 pounds or so, but this is hard to tell from his clothing.

Personality: Neaken is quiet and and will more likely than not be wary of his companions, none the less he still prefers to be in the company of others. This can seem strange to other people as he will remain quiet unless the situation calls for an idea from him, usually muttered unwillingly. Though he may be quiet, if he gets to know people well enough he will slowly but surely warm up to them and voice his opinions and ideas more willingly. He is still quite used to being alone, however, which may be why he subconsciously prefers to be part of a group.

History: Neaken has had a fairly quiet life, which suits him well. Nothing out of the ordinary has ever happened to him, and he does fine in school, despite having fewer friends than most people. Lately he has grown tired of the life he has had for so long, and has been debating whether or not to go on a pokemon journey. He has never really gotten the hang of interacting well with pokemon, be them his friend's or ones he finds outside. One day he quickly decided that he would go on this journey before he could change his mind and just hope for the best.
    Preferred Starter: Whismur

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back