• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
  • Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Pokemon Center

"I like the fact that you're really smart," Shawn said to Kayla, "It takes a lot to be intelligent, not to mention being able to use it." He hoped he was cheering her up. "Maybe after we've grown some more, we can travel and get you some of those flowers," he offered. Now his curiosity was piqued, "Where in Unova do they live? I used to live over there before I came here. Maybe we were nearby the whole time and didn't know it."

Shawn laughed at the possibility, but was interested all the same. It was nice to be involved with a girl, especially since they weren't far away from where he started. Maybe they'd go back to Lacunosa Town and be together..."Whoa! Too fast there," he thought, "One step at a time."

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Able gritted her teeth and made another screeching noise. "Ohh hohoho! Your lucky I can't battle right now or I'd cream you so hard you'd be snapping those claws in your unconscious state!" Able cotinued on.

"The Volcano would be a bit of a hike, but a heck of an adventure I'd say! The Power Plant is near Oak Town... I don't have any preferences myself. Depends on how much adventure you can handle for a day. Personally, the Volcano sounds fun! I was originally going to go there with another one of my friends until some things happened... but yeah! We should go there for sure!" Mark said. He was dressed somwhat appropriately for the Volcano other then his jeans but he was sure he'd survive.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

Corphish grunted and turned around, directing his back to Able. Either he felt he'd lost the verbal war... or felt he'd won and had nothing else to prove. Either way it was a pretty disrespectful move for him to make.

"Volcano sounds good to me man, let's do it! Lead the way. I'll keep Corphish out unless the terrain gets too tough. Having a Water type out could be handy when we start running into Fire types."

She tugged her hoodie back off (it felt like she'd just put it on again) and tied it around her waist, rolling the sleeves of her black t-shirt up past the elbow. Her hands were rough, not the soft and delicate hands one would normally expect from a teenage girl, and her arms had a number of small scars across them. If she'd known she was going to be trekking around a probably very warm volcano today she would have dressed more appropriately for it. But then she had dressed in a rush - in the dark no less - so it could have been a lot worse. "Lead on, brave captain."​

Megaman765

Years
  • Able grunted at the Corphish as he turned around. Nothing to say. That was enough for Able to be satisfied. She had the last word so in a sense, Able felt that she won that little feud. She flew back to Mark's side. Mark returned Able and Commodore to their Pokeballs so it wouldn't be too crowded on the way to the Volcano.

"The Volcano isn't too far from here. If you look past the trees you should be able to see it in the distance. The problem is the hike. We're a bit of a ways from the dorms... but if you need to change into something more appropriate for hiking then let me know and we can make a pit stop before we start." Mark said as he started to lead the way to the Volcano. It was around the mountain region which Mark had hiked on before. That was where he caught Kara.

"Haha, I've never been in a Volcano before. I bet there's alot of powerful Fire Types up there!" Mark said excitedly.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

Ugh, idiot! Of course Mark would be interested in catching a Fire type too, he didn't get a full team by just sitting back and watching other people catch Pokemon. Still, it would be a good opportunity for her. The fact that it was one for him as well shouldn't make any difference.

"Nah, I'm good like this, let's just get started," she said, following after him as he made a start. Corphish scuttled along by her side, glaring around for any would-be attackers. "My Pops won't believe it if I catch a Fire type no matter what kind it is. You don't see any out at sea, and the passengers didn't usually let them out on board the ships. He was convinced I'd end up with nothin' but Water types, y'know?"

"I wonder what we'll see. Do you know anyone here who's caught a Pokemon from the volcano before?"​

Years
  • Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled. She tilted her head when Shawn asked where the flowers were. "They're not in Unova," she said, giggling. "They're in Sinnoh! Holly's from Unova, but I'm from Sinnoh. More specifically, Floraroma Town. There were some pretty flowers there... And the town always smelled nice. That was one of the best things about home, besides the mansion..." Kayla smiled again. "The worst part about home was that Daddy thought that buying me toys would make me happy. He thought that money was the key to happiness." She sighed. "Enough about me, though. Where are you from? Was it fun there?" She felt Jasmine's pokeball shake and sighed again. "She's just like Amy..." Kayla muttered.

Megaman765

Years
  • Mark grinned. "Well... if I recall I think I saw somebody with a Magby... other then that I'm not sure. That's just something we'll have to look into huh? Anyways it shouldn't be too far. A bit of a walk through the forest. Can't say how the hike will be. We might be doing quite alot of climbing if we can't find a path up there." Mark said, giving her a friendly pat on the back.

Snype walked along with Mark and looked around. He glanced over the the Corphish, interested in chatting with him. "Kehe, so I see you've met Able? Fiesty girl isn't she?" Snype said with a snicker. He hadn't had the time to really get along with Able too much. Nonetheless, she was still a friend and part of the team. He'd take what he could get.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years
  • Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Pokemon Center

"Oops! My mistake." Shawn felt like an idiot now...

Well, he payed better attention now. She was from Floaroma Town and she lived in a mansion. He remembered passing by it once when he was there with his parents. He saw the mansion, but never got to see anyone there. He smiled at the memory, now having another reason to have it in his mind. He was shaken out of it by Kayla, who asked where he was from.

"As you no doubt guessed," he said with a smirk, "I'm from Unova. Lacunosa Town, actually. My town had a belief of a monster that terrorized the inhabitants at night unless they stayed inside. We were the only town with a curfew, but I'd usually sneak out because I wanted to see the monster. I never did, though." Shawn smiled, reminiscing. He looked to Kayla as he continued, "My parents and I used to travel a lot. We went all over the world, including your town once. I never knew there were actual people in that mansion. That place looked HUGE!"

As he spoke, though, a tear fell from his cheek. He started to speak again, but he knew the next part wouldn't be good, so he simply smiled and left it at that.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

"A Magby, huh? Magmortar are pretty strong... but you never know what we'll run into. Got plenty of pokeballs with you? I bet there's nothing worse than thinking you're about to catch a Pokemon, then realising you don't have the pokeballs to do it with." Luckily she wouldn't have that problem. Aside from one Luxury Ball she was still fully stocked.

Corphish glanced up at Snype. "And who're you, eh, eh? She's got a real mouth on her, a real mouth I tells ya! They wasn't claws, they was fangs without a mouth, cuz her mouth ran off. Always runnin' her mouth, runnin' her mouth, see?"

Sammy walked along, easily keeping pace with Mark. She was obviously a very physically fit girl, all of her athletic pursuits and work on the ships had kept her much more active than most teenagers. This delve into the world of Pokemon was a chance for her to work out her mind just as much.

Megaman765

Years
  • "Yup! I got a couple Pokeballs on me. I have potions and Berries on me as well incase one of our Pokemon gets burnt." Mark said. He had a bottle of water in his bag two. God knows they'd need one. It was a volcano after all! As they walked through the forest, the Volcano came into view. Now it was a matter of figuring out how to scale it.

Snype chuckled. "Name's Snype! I got quite a mouth myself! Kehe. It probobly won't run like Able's though." He said, giving a large grin showing off his large sharp teeth.

Mark wasn't too physically fit. He was fairly skinny and didn't have too much muscle. He traveled alot so he could still handle a good hike.

"Well we're getting closer. Let's keep an eye out for anything we can climb or a pathway through the mountain... there might be a few cave systems." Mark said.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Right," she nodded, keeping an eye out. "I've never really hiked before though, so you'll probably spot something before I do. Shame there probably won't be any Chimchar up here though, I like Chimchar. But you can never find Pokemon like that in the wild."

"Ah yeh're alright, yeh're alright!" Corphish chuckled at Snype's comment. "Yah oughta keep an eye out up there, I'll keep one out down here. Can't have nothin' happenin' to The Coop, see, can't have nothin' happenin'!"

"Any Pokemon in particular you'll be looking out for Mark? You seem like an Arcanine kinda guy to me, but the stones are a pain to find and super expensive to buy. But you managed it with Len, so you could probably do it again if you had to."

Megaman765

Years
  • Mark looked around the mountain side. There was a little pathway going up the mountain. The staff probobly made one so students could explore it and catch Pokemon. Alot safer the simply climbing it. It was pretty steep though so they would have to watch their step. "Over here! We should be able to get to higher ground this way. Keep an eye out. Wild Pokemon might pop up around these parts." Mark said. He quickly walked over to the mountain path.

Snype nodded. "I getcha. I'll watch over my trainer too. I got some of the best sight among us so I'll warn you if somethings incoming!" Snype said.

"Arcanine huh? Heh... you know now that I think of it... I'd look pretty darn awesome riding one of those thing huh? Heh..." He said, picturing the image in his head. That's one idea he'd have to think about for sure...

Years
  • Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled. "Traveling with your parents, huh? That must have been fun..." She frowned when she saw the tear fall down Shawn's cheek and wiped it away. "Are you okay?" she asked. She pulled Shawn close and hugged him. "Is your head feeling bad again? Are you sad?" She hugged him tighter and frowned more. "It'll be okay..." she whispered.

Primrose squeaked softly and crawled from under the bed. She looked up at Kayla and Shawn and tilted her head. "Humans are weird," she muttered. She walked over to Shadow. "Do you want to get out of here or what?" she asked. "This is boring." Shadow shook his head and floated over to Kayla. "Friend," he said shyly.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy kept an eye on Corphish as she climbed up the path, knowing that the Ruffian Pokemon would never let her know if things became too difficult for him. He could scale rocks reasonably well, but steep surfaces weren't always easy for his legs. She'd have to recall him if things got too tough and send Shuppet out instead. The Ghost type wouldn't be as effective against Pokemon natural to the volcano, but he'd be able to just float above any obstacles and travel with far greater ease.

She laughed at Marks comment about riding an Arcanine. "I guess so, better than riding a Crustle anyway. But I'd rather fly around on a Braviary. Or an Aerodactyl! I think most people would just go ahead and forfeit a battle straight away if you sent out an Aerodactyl, y'know? That's one seriously strong Pokemon right there."​

Megaman765

Years
  • "Aw Aerodactyl's are awesome looking Pokemon! It'd be so cool to ride one of those! We wouldn't have to climb this mountain then! We could just fly up to the top and look awesome in the process!" Mark said, as excited as a little school girl. He was mostly fanboying about which Pokemon he thought looked cool. The slope was fairly steep but Mark was watching his steps to make sure he wouldn't fall.

"Charizard is a pretty awesome Pokemon too... though he seems to be a popular choice for alot of trainers. Heck, my friend Val has one. So I doubt I'll be catching one of those anytime soon. I'm not really sure what specific Pokemon I want... just whatever I think makes a good spot on my team. I'm pretty well rounded but I like to have variety." He added,

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Charizard are cool I guess," Sammy admitted, "but you're right. It seems like everybody has one or wants one, so that kinda puts me off a bit, y'know? And just go with your gut man. Don't catch a Pokemon just for the sake of it, make sure it feels right. Would you have to swap out one of the Pokemon you have on your team now or do you still have the space for another?"

Sammy wasn't sure what she would do once she had seven Pokemon. Corphish was never leaving her team, that was for certain. And right now she was really bonding with Cubone, so it didn't seem likely that he'd go anywhere either. And as bad as it sounded she was really struggling to feel a bond with Shuppet, so he was an easy choice. But it all depended on what other Pokemon she had caught by then. She would probably end up using some sort of rotation system so she didn't feel bad. And picking the right Pokemon for certain battles, of course. It would be cool to have at least a few Gym Badges to her name, and all the Gyms were pretty strict about limiting themselves to one type of Pokemon. Surely that would make them stupidly easy so long as she tailored her team to each Gym before she challenged it?

She wasn't struggling with the hike at all it seemed, though Corphish seemed to be. She wanted to give him a little longer and see if he adapted before she tried to recall him, she knew he'd just end up being a stubborn shellhead about it and insisting he could go on.​

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Valorie Ryder - ???
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Darkness fled as her vision as Valorie opened her eyes. She peered up at the roof, only to find she immediately did not recognize where she was. The roof was that of a small dome with a circular vent at the very tip. Almost immediately Valorie noticed a somewhat painful throbbing in her skull and forced herself to sit up, grasping at her forehead superficially. She looked herself over and emitted a groan of distress; she was still in her pajamas and entirely unprepared for whatever was going on right now.

Looking around, she took in the room around her. There was a wall lined with some sort of computer system, a bookshelf chock full of books that didn't look like they'd been used in a while, an intrusively placed camera watching her from right above the door--NOPE! Alarm shot through Valorie at the sight of a camera. She immediately forced herself to her feet in such a manner that she failed to take into account they were still mostly asleep, promptly falling flat on her face with a rather meek yelp. What in the distortion world was this?! Where was she and how had she gotten here? The answers to these questions eluded her. She remembered training, and... being tired. Notably, she couldn't quite remember how exactly she'd finally gotten to bed that night. Had she sleep walked here? No... This was too much! She searched for her pokeballs, noting immediately the absence of Kiyoko whom never stayed in his to begin with. However, to her alarm her pokemon were nowhere to be found on her perosn. As her legs fully woke up she tried to stand again, only to wince as a sharp pain shot through her right leg. It was a pulled muscle. Despair began to creep upon Valorie's spirits as the situation seemed to spiral out of control and panic soon joined the party to utterly ruin her morning. She couldn't walk. Tears welled up in her eyes as helplessness took over.

Where were her pokemon? Why was she here? When had she gotten here? What kind of creeper would monitor her sleep? Who was responsible for this??

Valorie stared up at a nearby door--If only she could stand up and reach it...

Articuno - Far above the island
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The mildly stinging sensation of snow touchin skin would meet several students as a light flurry of fluff began to descend from the heavens. THose that looks would be able to catch a brief glimpse of a majestic blue bird flying across the sky. In it's wake, gentle snow fell. Yet, even after it departed as quickly as it had come the snow seemed to persist, the clouds slowly beginning to become. dull and bloated with moisture.

It was arguably turning out to be a terrible day for the beach~

Megaman765

Years
  • Mark continued to hike up the mountain. He could already feel the heat of the Volcano as they hiked up higher. Mark was starting to regret wearing Jeans. He knew he'd be sweating like no tomorrow for sure once they got closer. But he'd just have to deal with it. He had water on him so it isn't like he'd get dehydrated or anything. It was almost winter after all.

"Hmm... wonder how we can get deeper into the Volcano. I bet stronger Pokemon are deep inside! Though... doubt we'd last long in that heat. Heheh..." Mark said. When they moved higher, Mark suddenly stopped and looked up at the sky. He could see it as clear as day. A large blue bird flew right above the island and from their spot on the island, Mark was able to get a nice view up close!

"Sammy! Look! Up there!" Mark said, pointing up to the sky. As Articuno flew by, the clouds began to form and with that, snow would begin falling down onto the academy. It was a beautiful sight from the Mountains.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
    Years
  • Iny Gage: Practical Battling.

"Chosen your Pokémon yet?". The boy asked, Sitting down next to her.

"Yep, Here ya go." Iny said sliding her book to him, one of the pages showing a picture of a small red fox pokemon. "That would be my Cally" She introduced indirectly.

Just as she was about to ask about Clumsy's name she was interrupted by the boy from earlier. "Hey, Mr.! Mr. Alta said I could be a third person in a group, so I decided I wanted to ask you guys first! Please, is t okay if I join you guys? I'm sure we can be good friends?!" Said the awkward sounding boy. "I don't mind as long as Clumsy has no objections." Iny concluded, Figuring there was no way clumsy would have any objections she reached for a nearby spare chair with her leg and pulled it towards the table with her foot.

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years
  • Conor Crawford || Class --> Practical Battling

Conor's attention towards the student and the teacher at the top of the classroom was suddenly broken by Iny sliding a book over towards him. "That would be my Cally" she announced proudly. As Conor dug his head into the book, Cally was a small, red, fox type Pokemon more precisely as it mentions in the book … a Vulpix, a Pokémon which Conor has never seen up close before. Growing up in Fortree City, fire type Pokémon weren't exactly a common sight.

"Awesome, I've never actually seen one of those before" Conor replied as he grabbed the copy he had and flicked through the pages to find a Ralts. As he flicked through the pages as quickly as he could, he heard a voice very close. He looked up to find the boy that he had spoken to just moments ago.

"Hey, Mr.! Mr. Alta said I could be a third person in a group, so I decided I wanted to ask you guys first! Please, is t okay if I join you guys? I'm sure we can be good friends?!" he nervously spoke. "I don't mind as long as Clumsy has no objections." Iny immediately replied. Iny went ahead a grabbed a chair for the guy to sit down. Conor had no objections to the boy joining in, being left out was a terrible thing and something he knew all too well. The only thing that made this a little bit awkward was it now meant that Conor couldn't really ask Iny what her name was as he just told the boy a minute or two ago that he and Iny were friends. What friends don't know each other's names?

"Hey there nice to meet you!" Conor finally spoke as he watched the boy sit down. "How are you?" he added as he picked up the 'Pokémon Analysis' book and continued to look for his Ralts.

Back