• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
  • "I'm fine, Mr., it's nice to meet you and your friend. By the way, what are you two's names? My name's Mike!" Mike said as he put the book on his desk. "So, here's my Pokemon! It's just like my partner Squirts, a Squirtle!!!" Mike seemed a little overenthusiastic about the whole thing, and slid the book to the two people. "I know we will be great friends, just from our experiences already! By the way, what Pokemon have you two chosen? And you still haven't told me your names yet?!" Mike was extremely out of character for some reason. Is it this new class that's making me act so strange?! Mike thought to himself as he awaited response from the two sitting next to him.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years
  • Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Pokemon Center

Shawn shook his head as Kayla was consoling him. "You don't understand," he whispered sadly, "My parents are gone. They disappeared one day without me knowing. I...I looked everywhere I could think of, but they were nowhere to be seen. I had thought maybe they went on a trip without me. They did that a few times when they were worried that the destination was a little too dangerous for me."

He wiped his eyes and sniffled a little before continuing, "Its been months since I've heard from them, which is far too long. That's why I wanted to come here: to get a strong, well-balanced team so I can search for them. I just...want to know why they left." He nuzzled into her neck a little, smiling. "You're the first person I've told this to."

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
    Years
  • Iny Gage: Practical battling.

"Awesome, I've never actually seen one of those before" Clumsy said, replying to the book Iny forced on him.

"Well they're not even native where I'm from either, My dad was a breeder and I got this vulpix from him." She informed him. "She has some rare abilities she can use thanks to her parents." She added.

"I'm fine, Mr., it's nice to meet you and your friend. By the way, what are you two's names? My name's Mike!" The new boy said Introducing himself. "So, here's my Pokemon! It's just like my partner Squirts, a Squirtle!!!" He said enthusiastically, Sliding the book to them. "I know we will be great friends, just from our experiences already! By the way, what Pokemon have you two chosen? And you still haven't told me your names yet?!"

Slightly overwhelmed by the talkative boy's ramblings she tries to find space in which she can finally introduce herself. Finally finding an opening she takes the chance before it's taken away. "My name is Iny, And before you say anything, Yes I know it's a weird name." She introduced herself, Adding the last part like she always does.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla frowned. "That's terrible," she whispered. She kissed Shawn's cheek and sighed. "Don't cry..." she said softly. "Please don't..." She heard Shadow giggle and frowned. "It's not funny, you dumb ghost. Stop laughing." Shadow frowned and went into Kayla's body. She gasped and fell onto Shawn limply, her eyes closed and her breathing ragged. Shadow left her body. He smiled and gasped when Primrose jumped up to him, her cheeks sparking. She squeaked angrily and pointed at Kayla. Shadow frowned and floated back to the corner, Primrose following him. "Dumb ghost!" she yelled. "Can't you stop causing trouble for two minutes?!"

pokefan9900

Years
  • Mike looked slightly surprised at her response, almost caught off-guard. "Iny, huh. Well, that's not a weird name, I've definitely heard weirder!" Mike said, finally getting comfortable with these people. "So, Iny and...um, Mr., what are your guy's chosen Pokemon? I've already shown mine, Squirtle, so how about your's?" Mike saw that these long talking sessions were starting to get a little annoying, so he would get much quieter after these last questions were answered. "Also, Mr., what's your name? Can you please tell me?" Mike, maybe the way you talk is why you only had one friend back at State N. Isle...

siiadams

Years

Shawn suddenly felt Kayla go limp while in an embrace. He quickly pulled away, noticing her breathing was slowed down. Was she sleeping? He gently shook her shoulders a little. "Kayla, wake up," Shawn said to her. Primrose was already going near the Gastly, angry about what it did to her trainer.

Shawn shook Kayla harder, but didn't seem to do much of anything. He was worried at this point. "Primrose?" he called to the Pichu, "I'm not getting a response from Kayla. If this doesn't work, could you do a small electric jolt to her? It may help wake her up." He quickly found his bag and rummaged through it, finding a Paralyze Heal. Perfect.

Years
  • Kayla Makihatayama

Primrose tilted her head and nodded. She pointed at the Xtransciever on Kayla's wrist and frowned. "Won't that talking thingy get broken?" she asked, even though she knew that Shawn couldn't understand her. She glared at Shadow again. The ghost backed into the corner more and frowned. "I-I'm sorry..." he whispered. "I can't stop hurting people... First Holly, now Kayla..." Primrose ignored him and walked over to Kayla. She climbed up to her head. "Ready?" she asked, her cheeks sparking. Shadow floated under the bed silently.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy looked up to the sky at Marks prompt, shielding her eyes from the sun with her hand. It turned out to be unnecessary as cloud cover began rolling in and light flakes of snow started to drift down from the sky. She managed to catch just a few seconds sight of Articuno before it disappeared, but that was enough. From their elevated height she and Mark had possibly the best view on the entire island.

"Wow," she sighed, keeping her eyes on the sky in case Articuno turned up again, "That was... that was what I thought it was, right? I've never seen a Legendary Pokemon before. Do you think anyone else saw it?"

The urban legend that Articuno appeared to doomed travellers on icy mountains never occurred to Sammy, but the fact that they were travelling on a volcanic mountain possibly exempted them from the total doom. Still, if she were a superstitious sort she would be worrying about partial doom, or at least some unexpected hijinks. But a pragmatist would tell her that was always going to be a risk climbing a volcano filled with fire breathing monsters, legendary ice-bird appearance or no.​

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Mark had a large smile on his face. He had never seen a legendary Pokemon either. Being able to see something like that as close as he did must have been good luck! Might not be too good for them considering how high they are. They were near a volcano thankfully so the Snow might not be too bad where they are but the clouds were starting to form up. No doubt it'd be pretty foggy higher up in the mountain.

"Wow... it was! That had to be an Articuno! Wow I can't believe we got such a good view of it from up here! It looked so cool... I guess it was bring snow over to the island. I doubt it would snow naturally here so I guess we'll get to experience it! Just on time too! Christmas is coming pretty soon... " Mark said. He took a moment to check out the view as he felt the snow slowly drop down. No doubt it melt anywhere near the Volcano. Though the snow might make the trip back down really dangerous... Mark tried not to worry about it though. For now Mark was squeeing in joy.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Yeah, I think it was Articuno. The snow kinda confirms it, y'know? But just... wow. My Pops is never gonna believe this one."

Staring into the sky a while longer Sammy finally sighed and returned her attention to solid ground. It looked like Articuno had finished its pass of the island and they weren't going to see it again today and they still had a lot to do before they were back on safe ground.

"We should probably get a move on," she suggested, "the snow probably won't touch us here but when we get back down to lower ground it's going to make getting back to the Academy a total pain. Maybe if we're lucky one of us will have a Fire type by then to clear the way," she grinned, imagining a sleigh driven by Growlithe.​

Megaman765

Years
  • Mark turned toward Sammy and nodded. "Right. Articuno have the ability to cause blizzards... but... since it isn't roosting in the island as far as I know I doubt we have to worry about any bad weather... I hope so anyways." Mark said as he continued walking up the mountain with Sammy. This time he made sure to keep close. It would end up getting fairly foggy as they got up higher. Not to mention really cold! Mark wasn't dressed for this weather. The Volcano's heat would take care of it for now but on the way down? He was a bit worried. Finding a fire type would have to be a priority.

"It dosn't really snow much back at my home... but when it does, I got so excited as a kid. Haha, when we get back to the dorms, expect some snowball fights to start." He said with a snicker.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

"I've not seen a lot of snow. Out at sea all the salt in the water and the air helps break it down, so I'm more used to the rain and crazy strong winds. Never had a snowball fight," she admitted, walking along beside Mark. The rest seemed to have done Corphish some good, who was now carrying on with a second wind and plenty of determination.

"If we'd known about the weather the old power plant would have been the better choice I guess, but with winter coming in it could've been months until we could check out the volcano. This was probably the last day we'd have been able to safely do this, so maybe today really is our lucky day, y'know?"

Whatever Fire type Mark was hoping to catch she'd have to try and catch a stronger one... although that sort of thing was hard to judge in the wild. At least a bigger one. Unless he caught a big one, then maybe a faster one would be a better choice... there was too much to consider in this Pokemon training business. And with the random nature of finding Pokemon she'd just have to see what happened.​

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years
  • Conor Crawford || Class --> Practical Battling

"I'm fine, Mr., it's nice to meet you and your friend. By the way, what are you two's names? My name's Mike!" The new boy said Introducing himself. "So, here's my Pokemon! It's just like my partner Squirts, a Squirtle!!!" He said enthusiastically, Sliding the book to them. "I know we will be great friends, just from our experiences already! By the way, what Pokemon have you two chosen? And you still haven't told me your names yet?!" rambled the boy.

Overwhelmed by this overload of information, Conor stopped for a minute to gather his thoughts. It was then that Iny spoke up. "My name is Iny, And before you say anything, Yes I know it's a weird name." Conor looked over at Iny and smiled, he finally knew her name. "Iny … that's a nice name" he thought to himself.

Mike again was asking more questions. "So, Iny and...um, Mr., what are your guy's chosen Pokemon? I've already shown mine, Squirtle, so how about your's?" Conor picked up the book again and continued to look for his Ralts, when at long last he finally found it.

"Also, Mr., what's your name? " With his head buried in the book Conor managed to catch the tail end of this question. He knew it was directed at him. "My name's Conor, and yes I do realise it's not a widely used name either" he spoke up answering the boy's question.

It was then Conor leaned forward and slid the book open on the page containing information about Ralts over towards Iny and Mike. "That's my Ralts!" He proudly announced.

Conor then leaned back in his chair allowing the others to check out his Ralts. With this he turned his head to look out the window and seen it was snowing! "Um … guys, you might wanna check this out!" he said looking over towards Mike and Iny.

siiadams

Years

Primrose was in position and ready to go, but she pointed at the Xtransciever on Kayla's wrist. Of course! Electricity may short it out. He quickly was able to get the communication device off of her wrist. Now nothing was standing in Prim's way. He armed himself with the Paralyze Heal and whispered to Kayla, "I'm sorry if this hurts you, but we have no choice."

He stood back from where Primrose was and nodded, "Ok, Primrose. Concentrate a small shock on her, but don't use too much juice. We don't want to give my girl heart failure."

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
    Years
  • Iny Gage: Practical Battling.

"Iny, huh. Well, that's not a weird name, I've definitely heard weirder!" he said, somewhat comforting.

"I just gotta add that last part or else someone will add it for me." She said informedly.

"My name's Conor, and yes I do realise it's not a widely used name either" he said.

Iny Just kinda rolled her eyes at this. "Well at least I've heard that name before, I've never heard of another Iny." She thought to herself.

"So, Iny and...um, Mr., what are your guy's chosen Pokemon? I've already shown mine, Squirtle, so how about your's?" Mike said, Still seeming uncomfortable with talking to them.

"Mine is in that book in front of Clumsy" She gestured over to connor, still calling him by his nickname she gave him despite knowing his name. "Thats my Cally" She stated proudly.

"That's my Ralts!" Clumsy proudly announced.

Looking down at the book Iny wasn't sure what to think of the presented pokemon, it looked more like a strange human than anything else to her. Skimming through the pages she finds out it's apparently rare but thats about it.

"Um … guys, you might wanna check this out!" Clumsy said to them.

"Check what out?" She asked before looking outside to see a light snowfall. "What? How! This is an island, With a volcano on it! How is that possible?" She asked semi rhetorically. Iny was Not used to cold weather at all and didnt bring any heavier clothing since she figured an island would stay rather warm.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years
  • Conor Crawford || Class --> Practical Battling

Conor looked outside the window in awe. Snow here ... on an island! Fortree City wasen't exactly know for snow and this snowfall was beautiful. Conor continued to gaze in awe at the snow falling outside and was able to hear Iny scowling behind him. "What? How! This is an island, With a volcano on it! How is that possible?" To Conor whether it was logical or not, that didn't matter. It was snow!

When Conor was younger he used to love hearing the stories that his mum told of her journeys in Snowpoint City in Sinnoh. He loved the idea of an area being blanketed with a sheet of white, and tiny snowflakes trickling through the air. Whether this snow fall would be thick enough to blanket the island, now that would be a different question.

Wanting to be outside rather than stuck in the classroom doing work, Conor turned to Iny and Mike and decided to get started on the work that Mr. Alta had set them for this class.

"Okay, I'll have a look at Mike's Pokémon, Mike you have a look at Iny's and Iny can have a look at mines, after that we can swap around. Sound good?"

Years
  • Kayla Makihatayama

Primrose nodded and shocked Kayla softly, trying not to hurt her. Kayla didn't do anything at all, not even twitch. Primrose frowned and shocked her a little bit more. This time, Kayla groaned and twitched a little. Primrose smiled and giggled at Kayla's frizzled hair. She looked out the window and gasped. "Snow!" she said excitedly. She ran towards the window and sat on the windowsill. Shadow peeked out from under the bed and whimpered softly. He hid under the bed again, crying softly. "Stupid me..." he whispered. He floated from under the bed and looked out of the window, making sure to stay away from Primrose. Kayla groaned again and tried to wake up, her eyelids fluttering.

Kayla Makihatayama

Primrose nodded and shocked Kayla softly, trying not to hurt her. Kayla didn't do anything at all, not even twitch. Primrose frowned and shocked her a little bit more. This time, Kayla groaned and twitched a little. Primrose smiled and giggled at Kayla's frizzled hair. She looked out the window and gasped. "Snow!" she said excitedly. She ran towards the window and sat on the windowsill. Shadow peeked out from under the bed and whimpered softly. He hid under the bed again, crying softly. "Stupid me..." he whispered. He floated from under the bed and looked out of the window, making sure to stay away from Primrose. Kayla groaned again and tried to wake up, her eyelids fluttering.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
  • "You've never had a Snowball fight? Oh man I got to show you what thats like once enough snow hits the ground! They're a ton of fun! Especialy if you get alot of people to play! You can use the snow to build forts and defend yourself. We could get our Pokemon to help too! I bet Len would be awesome at that sort of thing." Mark said. They were close enough to the volcano now. They weren't at the top since that was a dangerous activity in itself but close enough to see Fire Types making some appearences. The ground was dry and there were a few dead trees in the area. Some steam tended to shoot from the ground but it was rare with the current weather. The Volcano thankfully was silent so it wouldn't be erupting on them anytime soon.

A shot of steam shot up right behind Mark barely hitting his behind. He yelped a bit at the sudden feeling. "Ack! Yeesh! Watch your feet. Haha." Mark said as he looked around the area for some Pokemon. "Hmm... quiet over here. Guess we should explore deeper." Mark said. From their height, it was pretty foggy so it would be difficult to see where they were going...

siiadams

Years

Shawn watched as Primrose jolted Kayla not once, but twice. Finally she twitched a little. He smiled, but the Pichu quickly ran to the window. Snow! Why was it snowing? He had no time for that now. Kayla was trying to wake up.

Shawn shook her again "C'mon, sweetie, wake up!" He even bent down and kissed her softly on the lips. It worked for princesses in cartoons all the time. Could it work here? "You gotta see this. Its snowing outside," he said excitedly, hoping it'll help, too.

pokefan9900

Years
  • "OK, Conor! Here's my Pokemon!" Mike said, sliding the book over to Conor, and not really being phased by the snow, as it snowed quite often at his home island. "Iny, can I have yours?" Mike asked politely. Wow, this place is filled with wonders! Who thought it could snow on an island with a volcano!!! Mike smiled and looked out the window, seeing the snow gently fall down. He now waited to see Iny's Pokemon.

Back