• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frigid Air: Ice-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Thankyou - yeah, I think so too. I love him :)
Ah! Sorry, I didn't see the current topic :P Will answer it later. I have school in 2 minutes.

I'm not sure, really. I just think they got bored and designed an ice cream - although they made it work pretty good, I guess.

It's alright. I don't mind Vanillish or its evolutions so much, they're Pokemon and some are going to be everyday objects we use.

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Pick a 6-Pokémon Ice-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold):

Cloyster

Item: Focus Sash
Moves:
Shell Smash
Rock Blast
Razor Shell
Icicle Spear

Lapras

Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Rain Dance

Glalie

Item: Nevermeltice
Moves:
Hail
Blizzard
Dark Pulse
Protect

Abomasnow

Item: Abomasite
Moves:
Wood Hammer
Blizzard
Leech Seed
Earthquake

Mamoswine

Item: Life Orb
Moves:
Icicle Crash
Earthquake
Superpower
Ice Shard

Weavile

Item: Muscle Band
Moves:
Night Slash
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Swords Dance

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Pick a 6-Pokémon Ice-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold):

Cloyster

Item: Focus Sash
Moves:
Shell Smash
Rock Blast
Razor Shell
Icicle Spear

Lapras

Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Rain Dance

Glalie

Item: Nevermeltice
Moves:
Hail
Blizzard
Dark Pulse
Protect

Abomasnow

Item: Abomasite
Moves:
Wood Hammer
Blizzard
Leech Seed
Earthquake

Mamoswine

Item: Life Orb
Moves:
Icicle Crash
Earthquake
Superpower
Ice Shard

Weavile

Item: Muscle Band
Moves:
Night Slash
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Swords Dance

Quite an interesting team. Want to battle me sometime?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Ohh I don't remember anything about making an ice-type team. I'm feeling really lazy right now though, so I'll just get the Pokemon down. Might add movesets and other various things later. :p

Abomasnow
Mamoswine
Walrein
Jynx
Weavile
Rotom-F

I don't really have reasons for choosing these particular six. I'm not a huge fan of teammaking so I guess you could count this as something I'd use for fun! Abomasnow's probably here to summon hail, Mamoswine because mammoths are the best, Walrein because fatties, Jynx for the entertainment, Weavile since it kicks my butt everytime and Rotom-F to provide free ice blocks! Okay that seems good enough of an explanation.

Also about the tournament, my favourites out of the advanced would be Lapras and Piloswine! I don't really care much for the others. Piloswine is just an adorable Pokemon overall and it can do pretty well in battle. Lapras just immediately earns respect for resembling the Loch Ness Monster. I mean come on wouldn't you want to use one?

Snow Bunny

Bianca
Years
Preferred Username: SnowBunny
Partner Pokemon: Dewgong
Favorite Ice Types: Dewgong, Cloyster, Sneasel, Swinub, Jynx.
Favorite Ice move: ice

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred Username: SnowBunny
Partner Pokemon: Dewgong
Favorite Ice Types: Dewgong, Cloyster, Sneasel, Swinub, Jynx.
Favorite Ice move: ice

Welcome to the club. Dewgong's a good choice. I have been using him in Pokemon Showdown recently. Any idea on how to make him stronger? I like your Ice-type picks but that last part looks incomplete.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Hey, Ice-type fans, I should have done this weeks ago, but let's make December through February all about Ice-types this winter season. Let's start discussing more Ice-type topics and get this club more active and a-breezin'. :)

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
Preferred username: Frazzevous
Partner Pokemon: Crysta the Glaceon
Answer the current topic:
What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why?

F-I-R-E. Fire, omg. Fire and Ice are my most favorite elements, so having a Fire/Ice type would just be a dream come true... especially when it turns out to be a wolf Pokemon. Gosh, I would so love that. ;w;

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Frazzevous
Partner Pokemon: Crysta the Glaceon
Answer the current topic:
What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why?

F-I-R-E. Fire, omg. Fire and Ice are my most favorite elements, so having a Fire/Ice type would just be a dream come true... especially when it turns out to be a wolf Pokemon. Gosh, I would so love that. ;w;

Welcome to the club. Another Glaceon fan. I am glad to see so many Glaceon lovers, Glaceon rules. Fire/Ice would be an awesome combination. It would be super effective against Grass, Bug, Flying and Dragon. It would be damaged normally by Dragon, Flying, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, Normal, Electric, Fairy, Poison and Steel. Would be weak against Fighting, Ground, Water and Rock, with Rock dealing x4 damage. Fire and Ice would not be effective against a Fire/Ice type combo either. A wolf-type creature being Fire/Ice would be awesome.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Since we're in the winter season, let's get this Ice club up and running. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Preferred username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Glaceon.

I'd personally like to see them introduce a ghost- and ice-type. Rotom-Frost used to be ghost/ice I believe, but its ghost typing was changed to electric in generation five. An ice/fire Pokémon would be pretty cool too, as well as ice and fairy. d:

Years

I'd definitely like to see Ice paired with Fairy, for same reasons as Ashley stated. It'd seem like a beautiful offensive typing even if it'll suffer a lot of weaknesses. A Normal/Ice-type would be something I want to see as well.

I'd personally like to see them introduce a ghost- and ice-type. Rotom-Frost used to be ghost/ice I believe, but its ghost typing was changed to electric in generation five.

We already have an Ice/Ghost-type in Froslass, plus Rotom's alternate forms are part-Electric (while having secondary Ice, Flying, Grass, Fire and Water-types) in 5th Gen, only its normal form is Electric/Ghost.

VanilluxeDeluxe

Best Ice-type ever!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 11, 2014
Username: VanilluxeDeluxe
Partner Pokemon: Vanilluxe

I'd have to go with either Ice/Fighting or Ice/Fairy. Fighting I could see as a Snowman-like Pokemon, and Fairy could/should be for Vanilluxe's Mega Evo(if it ever gets one).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm joining. It's cold in here. Burrr xD

Preferred username: Axeliira
Partner Pokémon: Aurorus!

What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why

I was gonna say Grass/Ice, but immediately I thought of Abomasnow. But hey, it wouldn't hurt to see more of that combo, right? I will have to echo the person above me that Ice/Fairy would be a great combo. I want to say Fire/Ice as well, but...wonder how THAT works. xD

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Glaceon.

I'd personally like to see them introduce a ghost- and ice-type. Rotom-Frost used to be ghost/ice I believe, but its ghost typing was changed to electric in generation five. An ice/fire Pokémon would be pretty cool too, as well as ice and fairy. d:

Welcome to the club. What move set would you suggest for Glaceon? I have used Glaceon in battle but he/she has predominantly Ice-type moves and can't defend against the opposition well. Hikari below mentioned that Froslass is Ice/Ghost, but we don't have a Pokemon that is Ghost/Ice, the other way around. Rotom I think has always been Electric/Ghost primarily, unless it uses an appliance and changes its secondary typing. Ice/Fire would be wicked, and Ice/Fairy would be cute too. Only problem is that it would be 4x weak to Steel but otherwise would be great to use in battle.

I'd definitely like to see Ice paired with Fairy, for same reasons as Ashley stated. It'd seem like a beautiful offensive typing even if it'll suffer a lot of weaknesses. A Normal/Ice-type would be something I want to see as well.

An Ice/Fairy type would remind me of a clear-winged butterfly, that lets off glistening specks of ice as it flies. Normal/Ice would almost instantly fall to a Fighting move because of the double typing, but would be something to see, like another Articuno except a more modernized bird like a parrot or something.

Username: VanilluxeDeluxe
Partner Pokemon: Vanilluxe

I'd have to go with either Ice/Fighting or Ice/Fairy. Fighting I could see as a Snowman-like Pokemon, and Fairy could/should be for Vanilluxe's Mega Evo(if it ever gets one).

Welcome to the club. I am glad to see someone else likes Vanilluxe, so much backlash against the ice cream cones. :P Ooh, Ice/Fighting would be awesome, like a snowman as you mentioned. It would resist a lot of the other types as far as I can tell. What would Vanilluxe's Mega look like? A slushie? :p

I'm joining. It's cold in here. Burrr xD

Preferred username: Axeliira
Partner Pokémon: Aurorus!

What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why

I was gonna say Grass/Ice, but immediately I thought of Abomasnow. But hey, it wouldn't hurt to see more of that combo, right? I will have to echo the person above me that Ice/Fairy would be a great combo. I want to say Fire/Ice as well, but...wonder how THAT works. xD

Welcome to the club. Ooh, we finally have an Aurorus fan. I love Aurorus too. Love its Rock/Ice typing. I love taking out my opponents with Ancientpower and Freeze-Dry (which is super effective against Water) when I use Aurorus in battle. Another Grass/Ice or Ice/Grass? I'm thinking pine tree or something.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome to the club. Ooh, we finally have an Aurorus fan. I love Aurorus too. Love its Rock/Ice typing. I love taking out my opponents with Ancientpower and Freeze-Dry (which is super effective against Water) when I use Aurorus in battle. Another Grass/Ice or Ice/Grass? I'm thinking pine tree or something.

I'm actually thinking of a frosty pine tree, or a frosty Christmas tree! I don't think there's a Pokemon of that.

I loved Aurorus ever since it was first announced. :3 I'm more of an Articuno fan because it's my all-time favorite, but I want to show off my love for Aurorus because it's literally the best 6th gen Pokemon out there. Freeze-Dry ftw :D

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Here are all 3 of my Ice teams

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Of course! The Pokemon, especially Dewgong and Articuno, woudld enjoy -50 degree weather in the north. For them, that would be paaaaaradise. xD

Or actually...Articuno may be the one CAUSING IT.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Of course! The Pokemon, especially Dewgong and Articuno, woudld enjoy -50 degree weather in the north. For them, that would be paaaaaradise. xD

Or actually...Articuno may be the one CAUSING IT.

Them and Walrein, Mamoswine and a few others who LOVE the blizzard conditions. I wouldn't doubt that Articuno is causing the snowmageddon, Articuno is known to bring on icy/snowy conditions.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I definitely agree; Walrein would love to be under snow. It has the Ice Body ability, which is said to recover its health under cold, icy weather... so yeah. xD" Vanilluxe, Glaceon, Spheal, and Glalie would love these type of weather too, as they also have Ice Body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back