• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frigid Air: Ice-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
That's such a beautiful artwork; wow. :o I really like how all those Pokémon are on top of Lapras; signifies some form of a good friendship. I wonder what location this is? Seafoam Island, maybe?

Years
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Mamoswine

Answer the current topic: Which ice-type pokemon is the best to use defensively? Mamoswine -because of it's typing.

Who is your favorite Ice-type Pokémon? Mamoswine ~ I like it's design and typing a lot.
What is your favorite Ice-type move? Blizzard.
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? I love their designs and I love their moves and abilities.
What Ice-type has the best design? Mamoswine or Abomasnow.
Do you think the Vanillite line being based off of ice cream cones was a bad choice or not? It was actually not based off of ice cream cones- it was based on completly different thing.
If you were to have an Ice-type Pokémon in real life, who would it be and why? What would its moveset be? Glaceon! I'd make it use Dig, Bite, Shadow Ball and Blizzard.
What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why? Fire! Because it would neutralize fire type attacks from opponents.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Mamoswine

Answer the current topic: Which ice-type pokemon is the best to use defensively? Mamoswine -because of it's typing.

Who is your favorite Ice-type Pokémon? Mamoswine ~ I like it's design and typing a lot.
What is your favorite Ice-type move? Blizzard.
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? I love their designs and I love their moves and abilities.
What Ice-type has the best design? Mamoswine or Abomasnow.
Do you think the Vanillite line being based off of ice cream cones was a bad choice or not? It was actually not based off of ice cream cones- it was based on completly different thing.
If you were to have an Ice-type Pokémon in real life, who would it be and why? What would its moveset be? Glaceon! I'd make it use Dig, Bite, Shadow Ball and Blizzard.
What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why? Fire! Because it would neutralize fire type attacks from opponents.

Welcome to the club. Mamoswine is a great choice, very big and powerful, endures a lot of hits and dishes them right back. Love using him in battle as a fortress and as a tank.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you could retype any Ice-type, which one would it be and why?
I would say Lapras. It's dual ice/water, but to me, though, it doesn't really look like an ice-type. If it were me, I'd remove its ice typing and make it just pure water. This way, it would have much less weaknesses. :) Aside from that, I would also turn Jynx into either dark- or ghost-ice.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
If you could retype any Ice-type, which one would it be and why?
I would say Lapras. It's dual ice/water, but to me, though, it doesn't really look like an ice-type. If it were me, I'd remove its ice typing and make it just pure water. This way, it would have much less weaknesses. :) Aside from that, I would also turn Jynx into either dark- or ghost-ice.

How would you figure that Jynx could be part Dark or Ghost? It's part Ice because it's based on a Nordic princess, which Nordics are from the colder northern European countries, so that makes sense. I can see it being part Dark, even though I don't know why because it has no Dark moves, but it doesn't strike me as being ghostly.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hm… yeah, you do have a point. xD;; If not ghost, then what about fairy? Princesses do relate to fairies one way or another, so I could see it working out, sort of.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh, you're right; wasn't aware of that at all. :o If they decide to give this Pokémon good defenses to withstand some attacks, then I could see it being an amazing dragon-type counter. Dragon Pokémon usually have extremely strong moves in their arsenal such as Draco Meteor and Outrage, and it'd be great if it could take them in.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Oh, you're right; wasn't aware of that at all. :o If they decide to give this Pokémon good defenses to withstand some attacks, then I could see it being an amazing dragon-type counter. Dragon Pokémon usually have extremely strong moves in their arsenal such as Draco Meteor and Outrage, and it'd be great if it could take them in.

What do you think it would look like? Word from some is that a ice pixie would be something along the lines of an Ice/Fairy type. I'm all for it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Which Ice-type would I like to have if they were real? Interesting hmm... I think I'd have to go with Swinub or Spheal for the supercute factors, though I can't say I'd feel the same if they were to evolve. I think I'll say a Swinub as long as it never learns Ancient Power, Piloswine would be all warm and cuddly ♥

There's something I'd quite like to discuss if that's ok with you Cloyster? I was wondering which Ice-type Pokémon from the new generations you guys think Glacia (Hoenn's Ice-type Elite Four member) will pick up for her team? From memory all she used in the past was a load of Glalie and Walrein, so I'm hoping they'll be a lot more creative this time. I can see there being a Froslass in place of one of the Glalie, and perhaps some of the more tanky Ice-types like Avalugg could replace some of the Sealeo? I'm not sure yet, but would love to hear your thoughts!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Ok, everyone, listen up. This club has been almost to the point of death the past few months. I have been busy with life but still tried to make time for this club and come up with ways to keep it alive. I feel like I have failed and that no one is taking a particular interest in this club besides me. If nobody has any ideas on what I can do to liven this Ice club up, I may have to close it or hand ownership of it over to someone else. I really don't want to do that, but I may have no choice. Please help, I really love Ice-types and still want to share my passion of Ice-types with everyone.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh, that's perfectly fine, dear; we all get busy from time to time, so it's perfectly understandable. Maybe you could trying posting a new topic here once every weekend, so that your members would have something to discuss? You could also try encouraging others to start some for you, if they have any ideas; I'm sure they'd love to!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Oh, that's perfectly fine, dear; we all get busy from time to time, so it's perfectly understandable. Maybe you could trying posting a new topic here once every weekend, so that your members would have something to discuss? You could also try encouraging others to start some for you, if they have any ideas; I'm sure they'd love to!

That's just the issue I have, I do make new topics or try to bring up something and very few people if any reply to anything. I can't help that part much, I don't have Drowzee's mind control. :p

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
That's just the issue I have, I do make new topics or try to bring up something and very few people if any reply to anything. I can't help that part much, I don't have Drowzee's mind control. :p

I know that you don't know me. But I just ran into this thread and I would really
Like to help you keep this alive if you would want me to!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Trivia time!!!

Generation V introduced the most Ice-type Pokémon of any generation, with eight, and Generation VI introduced the fewest Ice-type Pokémon, with four.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
That's pretty cool; I didn't know about it at all, to be honest. Though, I suppose this is sort of fitting for generation five. For that gen, Kyurem was one, main focal, which is an ice-type; to make this group seem more heavy, I suppose it was sort of their plan to place categorize more Pokémon into it. Either that, or maybe we're just looking into this too much, haha. I don't know.

Of all ice Pokémon that Black and White had introduced to us, one of my most favorites would be Cubchoo, without a doubt. To me, it looks absolutely adorable; I just love baby bears. I'm a fan of its evolution, too--Beartic. While it might not be able to perform that well competitively, it's still good for in-game teams; have used it a couple of times before, personally, and have found this Pokémon to be quite impressing. With its help, it's been a lot more easy to get through Elite Four and Champion.

As far as least favorite goes, I don't believe I have any, thankfully. However, I suppose I'm not exactly too fond of Vanilluxe's design, as it's based off something man-made--coned ice-cream. If it were partially ghost-type, then it would've made sense (as they have tendency to possess things), but sadly, it doesn't seem to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back