• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ho there. Oxmarc here.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2013
    Hey all. I'm a newbie here, but I'm a solid vet game-wise. Played every gen, save X and Y (starting to get a bit repetetive for me - gettin' too old to memorize more pokes *Gyeehh, get off my lawn).

But on a serious note, I'm looking to skip the story shenanigans and get into the META of the game - that is the actual pkmn battle system. To date Ive assembled a rather solid paper team & I'm hoping I can find a good hack which can set up EV's IV's and finalized lvl. 100 stats from jump.

So that's what I'll be poking around the site for exclusively...

OC

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Hey there Oxmarc and welcome to PC!
    Pretty unique nickname you got there, glad you joined this forum!
    If you are looking for some battle challenges and other veterans of the META game, you should check out the *Battle Center*, where you can discuss teams and strategies. If you are looking for a hack to set up IVs/EVs and such, i can recommend PokeSav. You might have heard of it, you can just google it and try it out. I Hope you'll check out some other boards too, there is a lot to discuss and talb about around here :D
    Anyway, if you need anything, feel free to message a mod, they'll gladly help you out!

Hope you have fun and see you around!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Hey there; I'm pretty much a veteran myself, and as you can see around this community, you'll find more veterans who love the games like you and me~! Hm, well, I do agree that in every new pokemon game, it's going to be tough to get used to the new names of pokemon, as well as the new artwork and styles of pokemon, but, we'll get the hang of it! I'm sure that we'll come to love them! Funny you should mention that, because PC has a nice Pokemon X and Pokemon Y board, dedicated on speculating the new pokemon games that are coming out!

It too me a while to get used to the battle system too, but, all I can tell you is practice makes perfect! But to help you out, PC has a list of Guides and Resources that can help you with discovering and learning about the current metagame. it's really not that tricky to learn, sooo yeah!

So, I do look forward on your contributions, and I really hope you'll explore and enjoy everything that PC has to offer. :3 Finally, I hope to see you again someday! You can also ask any questions you might have in the Quick Questions and Answers thread. :3

Years
  • Great to have more Poke-veterans! We're similar in that regard; I've played every gen too. :D Though have yet to try some of the spinoffs.. anywayyy, welcome, Oxmarc! Great to meet you~

Hm, I don't really feel the franchise is repetitive, though I guess that's because I'm just too addicted to Pokemon for my own good. The metagame is a really great way to keep interested, though; when you take into account how many Pokemon there are and how much time you'll need to get your favorites with good IVs/EVs, you'll be kept busy for a long while. The Battle Center is a great place for all things battle-related, though here we use a simulator called Pokemon Showdown for our battles. Very easy to utilize since you can set up your team through the program quite quickly without needing WiFi. The server has some great people too and they're always willing to help you out with your team or other battle-related questions if you have any.

Well, hopefully you find everything you're looking for here! PC's a huge forum so there's something here for almost everyone (would love to say everyone but of course I can't make such judgments, haha). Will be looking forward to seeing you around and perhaps sometime in the future you can become a forum regular!

Anyway, have fun~

Years
  • Hi Oxmarc, and welcome to PC!

I have to say, the competitive battling is a cool aspect of Pokemon to be interested in, and here we have a fair share of battlers with loads of different tactics and tastes in terms of moves, items, and strategies. You'll definitely want to check out the Battle Center section of PC, which has loads of competitive battling-related discussion, as well as tournaments you can sign up for and a Rate My Team section, both covering competitive and in-game teams.

We also have a Pokemon Showdown battle simulator where you can chat and battle, and we also hold most of our tournaments there too, eliminating the need for wi-fi. The chat does get crazy though, so be warned. I'm also a regular of the server, under the username OshyHikari.

Have fun here, and feel free to VM me if you need anything.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2013
    Wow, that's quite the warm welcome. Thx all for the shout outs/ recommendations!

Back