• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So what's the deal with Emerald and the internal battery running dry? I just grabbed my Emerald version after looking at a thread here, and I found out the internal battery had ran dry and clock-based events wouldn't occur anymore. I've had that file for literally just over five years (I got that copy in June 2009). Is that how long the internal battery lasts? I have almost 82 hours logged on it, for the record. And I can't fix the internal battery in my Ruby or Sapphire with my FireRed or LeafGreen version, but I haven't tried to work with this.

Years
  • Sableye Tips?

Hey guys, recently on my Sapphire I caught a Sableye which is one of my favourite pokemon. I was just wondering on any tips on growing him and getting his full power and use ?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Sableye is also one of my favourite Pokémon. :)

It's quite difficult to use in Gen III and it was one of the Pokémon that got a lot of improvement in Gen IV not only with the Physical/Special split but because Dark types in general improved (move pools mostly).

In Gen III you'll largely have to make do with its Ghost typing as opposed to the Dark because the strongest moves you'll have it learn is Faint Attack, as opposed to Shadow Ball.

I played Ruby back in the day (replaying it currently!) and I was so jealous of Sapphire's exclusive access to Sableye so I had my brother trade one to me. I used it as a staller, with moves in its arsenal like Detect, Fake Out and Confuse Ray but getting some decent STAB access to Shadow Ball is always nice. It can also be used as a utility Pokémon. Quick Claw and Knock Off can knock any items off Pokémon that you're aware of (Steven Stone's Metagross holds a Sitrus Berry).

Sableye in terms of stats isn't great, and you'll largely have to make do with Fury Swipes, Thief, Night Shade and what not until later in the game. I find it's a very generic Hoenn Pokémon in the sense that he's pretty good once you've picked one up, but mediocre until you have access to TMs, Move Tutors etc and the general later game story. I really enjoyed using it, but it's much, much better in Gen IV.

Best of luck, and enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2016
    hail + blizzard

I know that in 4th gen and onwards hail increase blizzard accuracy to 100, i have some trouble finding a clear answer here. The thing is i get rest way before blizzard with my walrein, if it was the other way around i could test it myself. Is it the same as in the 4th gen, or is it not?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2016
    Absolute bullocks, here i go to the immensely time consuming process to get shroomish to lvl 54 so my breloom can get spore. But i have to breed a new one so i can get the fighting moves. So i breed my male brelom(54) with a female shroomish i just caught, i got the egg, when it hatches my new shroomish comes with absorb,tackle and giga drain. How come?

Well thats it, you will absolutely not get a spot on my team, breloom. Its just to time consuming. Victory road is the only decent place to train pokemons from mid 30-50, and its just a horrible place for grass pokemons. Golbats and zubats cant really be fought by shroomish/breloom, that fighting type and steel type use whirlwind/roar. So grass pokemons takes forever to level there.

Years
  • Absolute bullocks, here i go to the immensely time consuming process to get shroomish to lvl 54 so my breloom can get spore. But i have to breed a new one so i can get the fighting moves. So i breed my male brelom(54) with a female shroomish i just caught, i got the egg, when it hatches my new shroomish comes with absorb,tackle and giga drain. How come?

Well thats it, you will absolutely not get a spot on my team, breloom. Its just to time consuming. Victory road is the only decent place to train pokemons from mid 30-50, and its just a horrible place for grass pokemons. Golbats and zubats cant really be fought by shroomish/breloom, that fighting type and steel type use whirlwind/roar. So grass pokemons takes forever to level there.

Unfortunately, Spore is not an Egg move in Gen. III :< If you want to get the Fighting moves for Breloom, you can go to the Move Reminder and have him reteach the moves you want for a Heart Scale (or two TinyMushrooms and one Big Mushroom in FRLG).

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2016
    Damn, Feebas was a complete ♥♥♥♥♥, but after some 120 tiles with fishing(multiple times each spot) i found it. Now im going to get myself a glorious milotic.

Years
  • I have a question regarding shiny resetting for legendaries.

Say I want to shiny reset for a Rayquaza. Are the chances the same at all times? I read something abour game counting on its own, so is it possible that that "shiny" moment happens only AFTER the game was on for, say an hour, which would mean that I could shiny reset forever if I keep resetting too soon.
    How does that work?

Years

Say I want to shiny reset for a Rayquaza. Are the chances the same at all times? I read something abour game counting on its own, so is it possible that that "shiny" moment happens only AFTER the game was on for, say an hour, which would mean that I could shiny reset forever if I keep resetting too soon.
    How does that work?

From what I know, chances are always the same at all times. I haven't heard of that method you mentioned.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years

How does that work?

If you want to Soft Reset for a shiny in your game; then yes, EACH time you reset your console, it's still a 1/8192 chance Rayquaza will be shiny. Regarding the "method" you mentioned, there is none unfortunately..

So, there are no shortcuts or methods to this. It's just Soft Resetting over and over till Rayquaza turns up as a shiny. So it could take you a few hours till weeks on end though.. Keep that in mind. At the same time it's so rewarding to your patience and dedication when that shiny finally pops up :)

So good luck!!

Years
  • Thank you guys for helping out, but I am pretty sure that it is not that random.

Basically, from what I've picked up from some websites, Pokemon shininess depends on: TrainerID, SecretID and Personality value of a Pokemon.

And if I got it right, Personality value depends on something called Pseudorandom number generator ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pseudorandom_number_generation_in_Pokémon )

And here is the part that confuses me.

"First, the generator must have a seed, a number to start with. This number is usually a date and time referring to the first time that the algorithm is called during the usage of the device or the software's active session. Seeds are also occasionally derived from user input, as it is highly improbable to do the exact same thing more than once, making it appear 'random'."

Does this mean that this "seed" starts when we turn on the console? Or when we turn on the game? Or when it was first turned up? or maybe it's based on the time we set up at the beginning of the game, or the time on the console?
    I know it's really puzzling and I am not making it any easier, but in case someone's into this kind of stuff, pls do clarify it. :D

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Thank you guys for helping out, but I am pretty sure that it is not that random.

Basically, from what I've picked up from some websites, Pokemon shininess depends on: TrainerID, SecretID and Personality value of a Pokemon.

And if I got it right, Personality value depends on something called Pseudorandom number generator ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pseudorandom_number_generation_in_Pokémon )

And here is the part that confuses me.

"First, the generator must have a seed, a number to start with. This number is usually a date and time referring to the first time that the algorithm is called during the usage of the device or the software's active session. Seeds are also occasionally derived from user input, as it is highly improbable to do the exact same thing more than once, making it appear 'random'."

Does this mean that this "seed" starts when we turn on the console? Or when we turn on the game? Or when it was first turned up? or maybe it's based on the time we set up at the beginning of the game, or the time on the console?
    I know it's really puzzling and I am not making it any easier, but in case someone's into this kind of stuff, pls do clarify it. :D

Maybe both as I understand from the text. A so called "seed" can start when the device (console) is being used OR when input is needed form the user like starting up the actual software (a Pokemon game), I guess (on which the following algorithm in the game is based to determine several things in-game, like shiny Pokemon).

I'm not really into these mechanics, but this highly complicated algorithm is also used when for example, the wild pokemon that appears, generating IV's of that wild Pokemon and to generate the Personality Value of the wild Pokemon.

So, from what I can recall, is that your Personal ID will be determined when you start your game. This way, your game will be identified along with a secret ID (hidden). So when you encounter / obtain a Pokemon with an ID (or Secret ID) that doesn't match yours, the game knows it's a traded Pokemon for example or that Pokemon is shiny/ OR isn't supposed to be shiny (some Pokemon are shiny locked after all). So the ID's are generated randomly (or as random as possible as can be done by a computer device), you can't affect them.

So, I hope this clarifies something more now :) Anyway, if you do decide to SR for that Rayquaza (which can take some time!),
    I wish you the best of luck ;)

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    From what I can remember, the PNG resets when you reset the game, so soft-resetting works. There's also an issue with it (Also present in FireRed and LeafGreen) that causes Latios/Latias to always have terrible IVs, but I don't think that affects your SR'ing for a shiny static legendary like Rayquaza.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    My main points would be;

1) Look at your pokédex. Every pokémon you don't have, check its location - if that's accessible, go back and capture it. There are a surprising amount of pokémon in the first few routes - Pikachu, Nidoran (both genders) and Clefairy are all available before the 2nd badge yet have low encounter rates.

2) Get to the Safari Zone, there's plenty in there.

Years
  • Hello I'm playing Pokemon Firered and I wonder how I can catch 50 pokemon eashly? so I can get Exp-share

Best Regards
    PartyPrincess21

I was always catching every wild Pokemon in every area possible, before reaching Fuschia City, then i went to Safari Zone. When there was couple of Pokemon missing, I was evolving some (because I usually missed some evolutions by that point).

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    No, there's only one exp. share in FireRed and LeafGreen, which you get from Oak's aide.

Years
  • Sure I can try evolve my pokemon, one more question
    Exit another way I can get exp-share?

I don't understand the question. Do you mean where to get it? If yes, hallway upstairs on the right side of Fuschia city (correct me if I'm wrong)

Oh I'm sorry, I haven't even notice the answer above (didn't change the page lol). Yeah there is only one way and that's from Oak's aide.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back