• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The bottom line~Wrestling Fan Club~ WWE/TNA

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If Punk moves to a feud with The Authority, what would they do with Shield? Personally, if they decide to break them up, I'd really like them to set-up a triple threat match between the three members at Wrestlemania. Perhaps it could be for Ambrose's US Title? If either Rollins or Reigns mange to get a hold of the Intercontinental belt before WM somehow, then maybe they could make it for both? It could be a unification match, I guess. Not sure how many people this would actually interest, but I would definitely be into it. :b If they don't go towards this route, then I'd like The Shield to feud with Wyatts.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • I'd like a triple threat match with the shield but not yet.. When they initially break up there will be one good guy that comes out of it and more likely than lot Seth and dean will turn or reigns seeing how he's getting all the praise and attention. As for Wyatt's vs shield not a fan of heel stable vs heel stable, but it wouldn't be bad. Also for this upcoming ppv if like see to these matches involving the shield

Rollins vs Jericho(Jericho lost to fandango let Rollins get over big)
    Reigns vs big e ic championship(put reigns over)
    Ambrose vs piper(if he's not involved with hogan)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Rollins will one day be a super babyface, mark my words. The dude has it in him. Sorta reminds me of Jeff Hardy, honestly. Ambrose, on the other hand, I see being heel for a while. The dude just has that look, and he's also really good at talking compared to the other two, though Reigns and Rollins have definitely improved on the mic. Reigns, though, is probably going to be the one to turn soonest. He's being built up as a huge deal, and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get some impressive spots at the Rumble.

Speaking of the Rumble, anyone wanna make bets for the next Kofi/Morrison spot at this year's Rumble? :P

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • Rollins and hardy are nothing alike IMO. Rollins can fly but he's also very technical. Anyway pretty generic statement as that's been the established opinion by fans for awhile.

Anyway anyone getting the royal rumble tonight? I am as it's one of the few ppvs I'll pay for. Not trying "to poke at an argument" but Dakota feel free to skip this question cuz idc about anything you say.

Years
  • I think Rollins will be able to garner positive reaction from the crowd with his high flying and technical abilities in the ring, kind of like how Daniel Bryan got over during his Team Hell No days, when the Shield break up. Unless they're going to give him the mic at least once in a while, I can't see him going any further than the upper midcard level. He's just going to become another Kofi Kingston.

Dean Ambrose should not turn babyface, in my opinion. I've watched footage of him as Jon Moxley in CZW, this guy's a natural heel. If he's booked properly, he'll be one of the top heels someday. He can be just as good as Punk with a live microphone.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Definitely seeing Rumble tonight. It's the only PPV aside from Mania that I'll legitimately always be into, because the Rumble match sells itself. Should be fun, hopefully I get back from work on time. D:

Outlier

Roughly how many hours till the Rumble starts anyway? I wanna make sure I don't oversleep and miss it. ( X

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Eight hours! The main show starts at 8 o'clock Eastern Time, though they do have a kickoff show half an hour earlier.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Well, I have been watching wrestling since the 1990's as a kid. I remember WCW days and so forth. I am interested a lot in this club but it seems that the club creator has got banned? So is the club still official running?

Outlier

Well, I have been watching wrestling since the 1990's as a kid. I remember WCW days and so forth. I am interested a lot in this club but it seems that the club creator has got banned? So is the club still official running?

I assume that the club will go on, just like OP's legacy. Lest we forget.

Outlier

Wow what a boring ass Rumble. I'm surprised the crowd didn't start booing sooner. So uneventful and lame. I want a refund of my precious time that I spent/wasted watching this crappy PPV.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Keep meaning to join this club but never do, so here I am!

After watching the Royal Rumble, I can't say it was a bad pay-per-view, as long as you went in with low expectations and knowing it would be predictable (went an easy 5-for-5 in my predictions). Kind of shocked that there were only 4 matches on the main card though, especially at one of the big 4 PPVs of the year.

I was very impressed with the solid performances of both Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins in the Rumble, along with the debut of Alex Rusev. It's hard to ignore the big omission of Daniel Bryan though, who clearly has the most support from the WWE fans right now, but is stuck losing to Bray Wyatt in the opener (who in turn will probably just end up losing to John Cena at Elimination Chamber/Wrestlemania). When Bryan finally gets to the top like he deserves it'll be worth it, but it shouldn't come at the expense of guys like Rey Mysterio, who are getting booed for creative's poor judgement calls.

It should be interesting to see how the crowd in Cleveland reacts tomorrow night, and hopefully they're as they were in Pittsburgh tonight.

Spoiler:
    What a fantastic .gif.

Years
  • Well, first things first, welcome to Symbiosis and Brendino! I'm not sure what the deal with this club will be if the OP/creator is banned, but I imagine that things will all get sorted out, in due time.

Bryan/Wyatt was a REALLY fun match, with a great finish. The reoccurring theme tonight, of course, was Daniel Bryan, but I'll get to that in a bit... Lesnar/Show, well, while it wasn't the match I was hoping to watch, I won't complain about The Beast Incarnate, well, beasting. The F5 on Show, while we've seen it before, was especially impressive because he made it look easy. Cena/Orton was a match I didn't have much interest in, but it was an alright bout with an ending I really liked. Loved Cena popping out an RKO for some reason...

The Rumble. Well, I knew the result would be what it turned out to be. I was hoping we'd get shocked and get a surprise ending... Alas, The Animal preys. I'm not happy about it, but that's how it is. Aside from that, I really, really, really, reeeaaalllllly enjoyed the impressive showing from Reigns. Had me right on the edge of my seat in the final four. What a tremendous talent. Can't wait to see his involvement tomorrow night on RAW.

Now, Bryan... It's no secret that this guy should be the face of the company. The crowd loved him tonight. They love him every night. Twitter, message boards, they all blow up for Daniel Bryan. It's not cool that they're booing Mysterio and Sheamus because of Bryan's lack of involvement, but they're still letting their voices be heard. That being said, some people backstage clearly have their ears covered...

Years
  • Apparently, CM Punk left RAW this past Monday and told Vince McMahon that he's "going home"... His contract expires in July, and it's assumed he won't resign. Thoughts?

Years
  • It's tough, because as an in-ring performer (both while wrestling and cutting promos), CM Punk is one of the top in the business, and he's earned his moniker of Best in the World, so I don't want to see him go. On the other hand, he seems to be one of those guys that just rubs management the wrong way, and expects that he should be the #1 guy on the card, which sometimes makes it hard to root for the guy.

If the reason why he walked out ends up being true (being told to cut a promo on how he has a concussion despite being healthy), I don't blame him for being upset, but he's being a little dramatic about the whole thing by just leaving. I don't know- the whole situation seems reminiscent of Stone Cold refusing to lose to Brock Lesnar and walking out back in 2002, which ended up being at the tail end of his in-ring career. I think CM Punk still has a good number of years left in him if he had a lighter schedule, so I hope this is a temporary misunderstanding rather than something that could end his career on a sour note.

Years
  • It's tough, because as an in-ring performer (both while wrestling and cutting promos), CM Punk is one of the top in the business, and he's earned his moniker of Best in the World, so I don't want to see him go. On the other hand, he seems to be one of those guys that just rubs management the wrong way, and expects that he should be the #1 guy on the card, which sometimes makes it hard to root for the guy.

If the reason why he walked out ends up being true (being told to cut a promo on how he has a concussion despite being healthy), I don't blame him for being upset, but he's being a little dramatic about the whole thing by just leaving. I don't know- the whole situation seems reminiscent of Stone Cold refusing to lose to Brock Lesnar and walking out back in 2002, which ended up being at the tail end of his in-ring career. I think CM Punk still has a good number of years left in him if he had a lighter schedule, so I hope this is a temporary misunderstanding rather than something that could end his career on a sour note.

Oh yeah, absolutely. There are a lot of guys out there who could probably contend for the "Best in the World" title, but I think that Punk is the total package, when it comes to in-ring work, charisma, character, promos, "EVEN AT COMMENTARY!" Outside of that, I've heard that he can be a jerk outside the ring, to management... He feels that he should get the Wrestlemania main event, and while he probably should, I think he feels as if it's the end of the world if he doesn't get it. I hope things work out, though. He still has plenty to offer, and the fans do absolutely still love him.

Years
  • On the other hand, he seems to be one of those guys that just rubs management the wrong way, and expects that he should be the #1 guy on the card, which sometimes makes it hard to root for the guy.

I watched one of his Q&A sessions that took place before the Royal Rumble PPV and he spoke about how this was Daniel Bryan's year and he was happy with him main eventing WrestleMania. I have a feeling that Batista taking Bryan's spot as the winner of the Royal Rumble could've been the reason as to why he left.

I respect his decision though. It's nice to see him not just talk the talk but also walk the walk.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Not really sure how I feel about Punk's departure… on one hand, I'm pretty happy. In my opinion, he's been getting pretty stale lately; not being able to see him for a while would raise my interest in him back to where it used to be. Plus, this would give some mid-carders the chance to reach main-event level and potentially replace him. On the other, I'm sort of disappointed. Punk's done a lot for the company, so they should've treated him more fairly and try to give him what he wished for. According to sources, the guy didn't want part-timers come in and main-event WrestleMania; doesn't seem like that much of a big demand to me. Speaking of fairness, fans have been kicked-out of RAW yesterday for chanting CM Punk. They've paid to be there, so they should've at least been given the chance to say their own stuff (as long as they're PG, of course). :p

Since Punk's gone, Bryan is set to take his place in the feud between Authority. How do you all feel about this? Personally, I love it; always thought that DB would fit the role better. Also, they've been calling him a B+ player throughout pretty much the whole year of 2013, which already set things in-stone.

Back