• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The bottom line~Wrestling Fan Club~ WWE/TNA

Years
  • Just seems odd to only have 2 singles titles, you know? Just get the feeling so many people are going to get thrown aside and the same people will be fighting for the belts all the time. May be harder to build up more main event guys

Outlier

To say no one likes him might be exaggerating it a bit, but his character really is stale. As for Punk, he won't be winning. The clash with HHH seems too evident. I'd be really happy to be proven wrong.

Also, to clarify what I said in the last post, Batista is a jerk as a person in real life. I guess I feel that makes him more suited as a heel in my opinion.

I'm not a huge Batista fan but I'm genuinely curious on why you think he's a jerk in real life. Does he have a bad reputation or is there something specific that he did that bothers you?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Just seems odd to only have 2 singles titles, you know? Just get the feeling so many people are going to get thrown aside and the same people will be fighting for the belts all the time. May be harder to build up more main event guys

There's still the tag belts, though. If we do end up getting only two single titles, perhaps those will finally get used more as they should have been. :p Their tag-team division looks good right now, but they just never get the chance to truly showcase it. This could change that.

Years
  • There's still the tag belts, though. If we do end up getting only two single titles, perhaps those will finally get used more as they should have been. :p Their tag-team division looks good right now, but they just never get the chance to truly showcase it. This could change that.

I'm so happy they have a good Tag division again. Tag matches are always (in my opinion) the most entertaining. Always something going on in the ring. I think it's been showcased really well the past few months. So many of the main events on raw and smackdown have been tag matches and they're usually the best received matches on the card.

Years
  • I'm not a huge Batista fan but I'm genuinely curious on why you think he's a jerk in real life. Does he have a bad reputation or is there something specific that he did that bothers you?

He cheated on his wife with two different women when she was diagnosed with cancer because she didn't want to sleep with him. He admitted to doing so in his book and blamed her because, in his words "she wouldn't put out".

He treats his fans like crap. He turned an overweight kid down when he asked him for an autograph. When the kid pleaded, he said "Go away fat ***". Another fan asked him to sign a poster for his younger brother and he said "No, **** off" before ripping it.

This is from Wikipedia:
    Incident with Booker T

Batista's backstage problems continued at a SummerSlam pay-per-view commercial shoot. It was reported that Batista got into a real-life fistfight with Booker T. The incident was reported on WWE.com, with both men telling their sides of the story. The fight was believed to stem from the idea that Batista considered himself to be better than the rest of the roster due to his main event status and relatively quick climb to achieve it. It was said that wrestlers backstage were praising Booker for speaking his mind to Batista about his attitude.

In his recent Twitter war against Alberto Del Rio, he verbally buried the entire roster by referring to them as C level stars. He thinks he's in the same league as Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock, which I find hilarious. He botched a lot and nearly gave Edge a concussion in one of his matches when Edge was going to hit him with a Spear. He was horrible in the ring and on the mic for the most part of his career, so that leads to backstage politics and him being roided up being the reasons as to how he became successful. Vince wasn't pleased when Batista wore skinny jeans on Raw because it made him look small and the appeal in Batista had always been his size. That explains what they saw in him before handing him all the titles he had won.

Last edited:

Outlier

He cheated on his wife with two different women when she was diagnosed with cancer because she didn't want to sleep with him. He admitted to doing so in his book and blamed her because, in his words "she wouldn't put out".

He treats his fans like crap. He turned an overweight kid down when he asked him for an autograph. When the kid pleaded, he said "Go away fat ***". Another fan asked him to sign a poster for his younger brother and he said "No, **** off" before ripping it.

This is from Wikipedia:

In his recent Twitter war against Alberto Del Rio, he verbally buried the entire roster by referring to them as C level stars. He thinks he's in the same league as Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock, which I find hilarious. He botched a lot and nearly gave Edge a concussion in one of his matches when Edge was going to hit him with a Spear. He was horrible in the ring and on the mic for the most part of his career, so I assume it was backstage politics and him being roided up that helped him become successful. Vince wasn't pleased when Batista wore skinny jeans on Raw because it made him look small and the appeal in Batista had always been his size. That explains what they saw in him before handing him all the titles he had won.

Haha "get away fatass!" Wow Batista sounds like an awesome guy if you ask me. Just kidding what a douche. Yeah I knew about the Booker T fight. Truthfully I don't really care if someone is arrogant unless they actually start doing crappy things to people. Also I wouldn't take his tweets to another wrestler too seriously. Especially when they were clearly just for the purpose of hyping up their confrontation on Raw.

Regarding his treatment of the fans was he a heel at the time? I know some wrestlers even to this day will act like a heel towards fans in their day to day lives if they are playing a bad guy on TV.

I'm not necessarily justifying his behavior but I know Chris Jericho wouldn't even acknowledge fans on his way to and out of the arena during his last stint as a heel a few years ago. He said so himself in an interview so I'm not just making that up.

Now cheating is a ****** thing to do of course. The fact Batista's wife had cancer obviously makes it infinitely worse. But did he really just say he cheated because "she wouldn't put out", or was there more to it? I can't imagine why anyone would say that unless they were trying to be known as the biggest scumbag in the world. Surely he must have explained himself better than that. Why would anyone bring that up in their autobiography unless they were being very apologetic about it? I haven't read his book but surely he wasn't such an insensitive prick when telling that story. I mean the act of cheating itself is bad enough. I do think spouses at some point are obliged to fulfill each other's sexual needs, perhaps obliged isn't the best word to use but you get my point, not that I condone cheating. Still you'd think Batista would be a bit more patient and understanding in her time of need, or maybe he was and there is more to it that he did or didn't mention in his book.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here seeming as I haven't read his book or know any of the details.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • I think unifying the us and intercontinental championships is a lousy idea tbh. Is the winner going to carry both titles like orton does? Which is horrible horrible because first they said numerous times there would be one title one championship. They had that wwe universe vote for the new name and the result was the "unified heavyweight champion" or something, but the blatantly ignored that and moved on to calling it the wwe world heavyweight champion. That's disrespect to the fans one, and two the carrying two belts is cool if it's two different titles...but this is two belts for the same title.

If the combine the two and make rename it and make a new belt that would be alright I guess better than the two title gimmick. I feel the two titles are so prestigious and if wwe showcased them more they'd become more prevalent. Taking away the two heavyweight titles was a good idea but they need at least two other singles titles plus strong tag team for a truly strong card.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Don't worry; as soon as they are done with Wrestlemania, they're going to completely remove the two belts and introduce something new. I'm pretty sure. Either that, or they would probably dump one and keep the other. If they choose to go with the second option, then World Heavyweight title is the one that's most likely going to get tossed. It was originally made for WCW and not WWE, so... yep. d:

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • I know all that.. I was talking about the logic behind their direction and decisions. Like I said they told us there'd be one title one championship yet Orton's still carrying both belts. If they do drop one it will be the us title but I hope they keep both strong single titles like those will fill out cards that currently resembles hour glasses.

And where did you hear of a new belt do u have a source i'd like to read about that

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • She's speculating, I'm sure. It'd be incredibly strange to have the "WWE World Heavyweight Title" be two belts long term. Although I think if they do go ahead and do that, it'd be at the end of the Cena/Orton feud, which I don't see lasting (hope) till Mania.

As for the Intercontinental and US titles, they desperately need to unify them. Unify as in keep one, send the other to the HoF (preferably the United States title, looks trashy imo). The secondary titles barely mean anything anymore, ever since the draft split ended. Lessening the number of titles would hopefully put back some long lost prestige, especially if they go with the Intercontinental title. Now only if they started defending the actual titles.

Years
  • Unifying the IC/US titles belts would please me immensely. Ambrose has defended the belt fewer times than I can count on my hand.

Spoiler:

Big E could benefit tremendously if he has a lot of competition his way. All of the competition for the IC title, as well as the competition for the US title the rest of the mid-card.

As for Impact, I haven't watched Impact in a long time... However, I watched the promo from the American Wolves, and I am STOKED. Love those guys.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hold on just a second… weren't The American Wolves signed with WWE already? I remember seeing them in an episode of NXT before. Were they released?

Article nymphadora? I'm just curious, anyway did anyone watch impact tonight?

As Dakota said, it was just speculation. ^^"

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh man, I haven't seen TNA in a very long time. Judging from pictures I've seen on dirtsheets, it looks like they've fallen very far.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Aha, cause it's Vince McMahon, need I say more? He's got a personal preference for 'big' men. Explains the Rybacks and Mason Ryans of the company.

Years
  • Why do they still take size into factor when hiring people? Thought they were done with that stuff a while ago.

Aha, cause it's Vince McMahon, need I say more? He's got a personal preference for 'big' men. Explains the Rybacks and Mason Ryans of the company.

Spoiler:

Joey Ryan, an independent pro wrestler, who once worked for TNA from 2012 to 2013 tweeted the following a few days ago:

U5Lw1hT.png

5v26.png

mUes8r7.png

The mindset still exists. Here's the report on why Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards weren't offered a contract:

Apparently Triple H didn't want to sign them after their tryout because of their size. The feeling is they are loaded with guys who aren't big that can go so the mentality coming out of these tryout camps is that WWE is looking for guys who can headline WrestleMania in five or ten years.

A lot of people went to bat for Richards and Edwards with the feeling they should get a deal and several people pushed for them to go straight to the main roster. It's said Triple H made the decision not to sign them after the NXT tapings where they lost to The Ascension.

Now this is why I feel WWE will still be the same after Triple H takes over Vince McMahon's position. At one point, they wanted to hire another Indian wrestler who is apparently 42 years old and taller than the Great Khali. :/

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • Just watched smackdown on the DVR took me a half hour to get through the show, pretty boring show. I like them trying reestablish the tag team division but when they have a legit team like the real americans lose and get dominated to a throw together team like big show n mysterio it's not just not smart to me. I know Rey n show tagged b4 but they were kinda thrown together. I love tag team wrestling and organic believable teams. Uso's are one of the hottest things in the company there riding a solid wave but to keep that going they need the titles soon. Where have the prime time players been? I know there doing a show for the wwe network but it seems like free young came out they showed them a lil but it kinda killed their tv time. Like tonight they were in a minute long match against Harper and Rowan who are another awesome tag team. Two legit big guys, luke Harper IMO is one of if not thee best big guys in the business, one hell of a clothesline. best since jbl. The real americans are a great heel team zeb is genius.the Los matadors are a joke I hate their whole gimmick and entrance. Cody Rhodes and golddust are good but I feel they way Cody left getting fired his payoff shoulda been better he was set and ready for the main event spot but they stuck him in a tag with gold dust. There a great team but I feel both are better single guys. Also the end is coming soon I feel. I'm willing to bet Cody vs gold dust at mania will happen if they lose the belts by than. Another thing is why bring back the new age outlaws and have them steal time and have matches against the tag champs doesn't make sense because their not full time wrestlers and I don't see them going back to it. Their entertaining but wwe shouldn't have turned them heel but hopefully that sets up something bigger and better for cm punk/authority storyline. My prediction for the near future of the tag division is the Rhodes brothers will drop titles to the outlaws or real americans and usos will win them at mania or b4 than.

Any feel like wwe gave cm punk Bryan's spot? Lol I don't get that, I know Bryan's with the Wyatt's shining them up and but that was rushed and isn't as good as it could be.i remember when they abducted Bryan and than Bryan just shows up the next show and all the announcers say was he was found in a parking lot? If your gonna be that lame at least show the how Bryan was found maybe shown him left for dead somewhere. That woulda enhanced the rivalry to the next level but wwe seems to think less is better I guess.

Punk cut a hell of a promo with Kane out there. Kane's new role is just embarrassing he can never be the big red machine again but he has been there a long time and is getting up there in age. But the way he's portrayed having brad Maddox talk down to him just isn't good writing.

Last edited:
    Years
  • PTP are doing a show for the WWE Network? Haha, that's awesome.

Tag Team wrestling lately has been great. Some booking decisions have been... Well, questionable, as of late. But I suppose Showsterio(?) winning tonight makes sort of sense, as it gives Big Show some momentum heading towards his match against the Beast Incarnate, Brock Lesnar. PTPs losing to the Wyatt Family also made sense, but the minute-long squash... Not so much. Impressive showing by the Wyatts, but it would've been more impressive had the PTPs fought a better match. Like I've said before, The Brotherhood (the Rhodes') have been putting on match of the night a lot, and it isn't a coincidence - they're just money together. As for splitting them apart... It might happen soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Wrestlemania became a destination for them to duel.

As for Punk, well... I'd go ahead and say I'm one of the bigger Punk fans on this forum (although, your name and avatar might suggest that I'm not #1 ;) (Get it?))

I'm loving that they're actually giving him a solid story now. It's him against, well, I'm assuming it'll end up against Triple H and the Authority. If that's the route he takes, then I'll be all for it. As for it being Bryan's spot... Not only do I agree, I'm choked. He's the prime candidate (not the prototypical face of the company, but everybody loves him) for this story, and the crowd is STILL into him. The dirtsheets (lol) say that he was turned back from the Wyatt Family, because Vince McMahon was embarassed about his "YES!" chants being popularized by the basketball team's crowd in Michigan State (IIRC).

Bryan is THE most over guy in the company right now, and he probably should be leading the revolution against the Authority.

The fact that it is (assumably) Punk leading the charge now, though... Well, I can't complain about it. :3

Back