• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
HST = Holy Shounen Trinity. Big three.

And ah, fair enough. I guess I didn't read properly :p I shall, lappy. Utena's already on my list.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
... been a few days soooo.

So I haven't watched anime for a long time, but I recently saw all episodes of Angel Beats! and loved it ;; It wasn't the greatest anime ever, the characters were fun but not the most unique, but the overall theme and atmosphere was amazing. I wish I could find another anime with the same feeling.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years

So I haven't watched anime for a long time, but I recently saw all episodes of Angel Beats! and loved it ;; It wasn't the greatest anime ever, the characters were fun but not the most unique, but the overall theme and atmosphere was amazing. I wish I could find another anime with the same feeling.

Then you should definitely watch AnoHana should be enough feels for ya! :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, looks interesting. Thanks for the suggestion!

derozio

Years
I recommend it too. A good anime. I teared up at the end.

I'm currently on a girly anime spree. Just finishee Fushigi Yuugi, watching Ova 2 now (good anime - made me tear up a few times too. Also nuriko is awesome) and now I'll be watching Kyou Kara Maoh. Calling them girly because they're choke full of bishounen characters lol.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Right now I'm watching Gin No Saji Season 2 and I can see the greatness in the development of the story from season one to season 2. Vice Prez is so kawaii! :D

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Right now I'm watching Gin No Saji Season 2 and I can see the greatness in the development of the story from season one to season 2. Vice Prez is so kawaii! :D

Yeah, however, there's something different about the anime from the previous season, that's how I feel. Probably because of the change of directors.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Beside the mentioned AnoHana (I still remember the whole name of this =DD) depending on how many Key adaptation you've seen, you should give the other Key adaptations (Clannad, Air, Little Busters,...) a chance =)
Key never disappoints =)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've seen Air ^^ Hateloved it, I think. It had the same eerily awesome feeling though, so true.

derozio

Years
Watch Clannad, Rika. It is great.

Which reminds me. Jo asked me for a romantic show. I think I'll just recommend clannad. She NEEDS to see this ****.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Watch Haibane Renmei, is pretty much what you would get if you gave Angel Beats a competent writer and unique character design.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
Years
MAN OH MAN!!!

Does anyone else watch Hajime no Ippo?! I just saw the fight between Makunouchi Ippo and Sawamura Ryuuhei and it gave me chills!! It was just as epic as the fight between Takamura Mamoru and Bryan Hawk. Whooooo. I need to go to sleep but it got me so pumped up!!!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
MAN OH MAN!!!

Does anyone else watch Hajime no Ippo?! I just saw the fight between Makunouchi Ippo and Sawamura Ryuuhei and it gave me chills!! It was just as epic as the fight between Takamura Mamoru and Bryan Hawk. Whooooo. I need to go to sleep but it got me so pumped up!!!
As good as Takamura vs Hawk?
Best anime.

I haven't watched the new series yet, but it's better than New Challengers apparently which is good news. Classic Ippo is still the best tho and untopped.

How's the OST? I know the first episode had the classic one. Please tell me they kept that.

EDIT: @Minzy: I may be biased because I box myself but Hajime no Ippo should be watched regardless whether you even like sports or not. The atmosphere, settings and especially the fights themselves (not really realistic mind you but nearly as entertaining as an actual boxing match) really sets it apart from any other anime. And this has the best cast in any anime.

derozio

Years
Ippo is great, Dave. Some really great fights and great characters. I marathoned it like crazy the first time I saw a few eps. It was amazeballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back