• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
Beca, you playing D/P/Pt/HG/SS?

Maybe try:
Roselia
Lunatone
Girafarig
Unown
Flaafy
Magmar
Jynx
Gastly
Haunter

I'm just throwing those out there though...I think most of those can be found in the wild somewhere depending on what game your playing.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
Need EV Spread Suggestions for Steelix

Hey all, I just recently caught a Shiny Onix (Lonely Nature :( ) and evo'd it to Steelix. I don't want it to go to waste so I am trying to balance the loss of Defense because of the nature and need help deciding how many EV's per stat.

I like Steelix as a Physical Wall so it's a little tough, but I'm def open to suggestions/other sets.

Appreciate it.

EDIT: old. veekun.com/dex/calculators/iv?pokemon=Steelix&level=42&nature=lonely&stat_hp=127&stat_hp_ev=&stat_at=86&stat_at_ev=&stat_de=155&stat_de_ev=&stat_sa=52&stat_sa_ev=&stat_sd=62&stat_sd_ev=&stat_sp=42&stat_sp_ev=&btnIV=Calculate+IVs

^^ The link is separated with a space between the word 'old' and 'veekun' since I didn't have enough posts to post a direct link.

here is the IV's (HP is nice at least...) and sorry if I'm not allowed to post veekun links, I'm not trying to advertise they just have the most convenient calculator.

Last edited:

Essence

Aura L♥VE
Years
If you are interested in movesets for Arbok, or any other specific pokemon, I'd recommend looking at a site called smogon. Search it in google :). It can provide you with strategies for all pokemon (I think :3) Just look for Arbok. Should be near to the top since it's alphabetical

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2011
I have a quick question about the Power items.

Geodude gives 1 EV point to defense when you defeat it. Lets say that i put a Power Anklet on my pokemon and then defeat a Geodude. The Power Anklet gives me 4 EV points to speed but do i still get the defense EV from Geodude?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Would this work as a moveset?

332.png

Cacturne @ Salac/Liechi Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb/Low Kick

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
can yanma or yanmega learn bug bite

@alternative: i would try to teach it sandstorm. and give it a tanga berry for the bug types. but thats just me looks like you have more of the smogon strategy

Essence

Aura L♥VE
Years
That moveset should work, but I think seed bomb > Low kick. And it looks a little better if maybe you looked at leftovers or maybe some Hp EV, just sayin'

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
  • Age 113
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014

332.png

Nature: Jolly
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb/Low Kick

If you have sandstorm support, try Leech Seed in the last slot along with BrightPowder.

Essence

Aura L♥VE
Years
Anyone want to recommend an original (NOT from Smogon) moveset for a cherrim? I've run out of ideas :3

It could either be competitive or to get me through the game. :)

RTHookers

Banned
Years

332.png

Nature: Adamant
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb/Low Kick
Last slot should be what your team has more problems with. Swords Dance might work. Adamant because 55 is rather poor and you already have Sucker Punch for priority. (You "outpace" all foes".). Leech Seed might work to stall some things.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Anyone want to recommend an original (NOT from Smogon) moveset for a cherrim? I've run out of ideas :3

It could either be competitive or to get me through the game. :)
There isn't really a lot Cherrim can do. Your best bet from the top of my heal is probably this.

Spr_4p_421S.png

Cherrim @ Life Orb/Heat Rock/Leftovers
Trait: Flower Gift
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Solarbeam
- Sunny Day
- Weather Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Grass Knot/Energy Ball

Years
For Registeel, what's a good EV spread for one with a Sassy nature who's job is mostly only to set up rain?

252 HP/???/???

Back