• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Monochrome Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
  • Those are false alerts... it's pretty common in everyday life of an antivirus program. I can assure that the scripting program is not a virus or else my computer would of been infected...
    If PKSV was a virus, nobody would be using it...

Edit 1 - Oh, you said Advance Text, that program is obsolete now. You should just get PKSV like I said.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Those are false alerts... it's pretty common in everyday life of an antivirus program. I can assure that the scripting program is not a virus or else my computer would of been infected...
    If PKSV was a virus, nobody would be using it...

Edit 1 - Oh, you said Advance Text, that program is obsolete now. You should just get PKSV like I said.

Yeah, I want to edit text. But, I cannot.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    I agree with what others have said, the mapping does leave a little to be desired.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • Attention, I need help, Ace_Master_Of_Turtles has taken the role of spriting, I need help with mapping, text editing and scripting... Help is needed.

UPDATE: My Route 1 map is giving me a ridiculous error, so I may need to restart...

Is there an edited version of FireRed that I can use? I've been hearing people have used a version of FireRed made by a user on here.

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Attention, I need help, Ace_Master_Of_Turtles has taken the role of spriting, I need help with mapping, text editing and scripting... Help is needed.

UPDATE: My Route 1 map is giving me a ridiculous error, so I may need to restart...

Is there an edited version of FireRed that I can use? I've been hearing people have used a version of FireRed made by a user on here.

I assume you're talking about rom bases? There's a lot for you to take in form the resources.
    Also.. Why not take the XSE tutorial on the tut section. It will definitely help you out. It's not
    that confusing as long as you understand it a bit. I guess you should take a a-map tut too..

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • No, I'm not sure which one I am talking about, but I have run into a problem, when ever I play my hack, I walk out of my house and I hit this script that I didn't put in there, it just goes through funny letters and stuff, there is no way to get past it... Is it something to do with Advance Map?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • No, I'm not sure which one I am talking about, but I have run into a problem, when ever I play my hack, I walk out of my house and I hit this script that I didn't put in there, it just goes through funny letters and stuff, there is no way to get past it... Is it something to do with Advance Map?
    You need to remove level script from the header of the map.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • If youre really confused with either anything, and if you need help with something. I recommend you take a little piece of your time to spend reading some tuts on tutorial section :D

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • Can I please have some more volunteers, I already have a spriter, I need a tileset creator, a music composer, a second mapper and a scripter... I want to release an Alpha soon.

Years
  • I think you should incorporate a lot of rock music as the catchy tunes like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC :D It's a good looking hack that I may choose to play on my youtube channel.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • I think you should incorporate a lot of rock music as the catchy tunes like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC :D It's a good looking hack that I may choose to play on my youtube channel.

Not heading in the rock music direction, sadly, it will be more pop music and TV themes, I am considering new music from any good MIDI composers too.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
  • This hack has potential go ask destinedjagold 4 help or clonetrooperdroid both hackers clone trooper is a scriptor n more

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • Oh, I always loved silver! cant wait to play the full version of this hack

It's not a HGSS remake or anything, however, you MIGHT see old faces, it's a completely new game, with hopefully some fakemon.

It may teeter between HGSS and BW tiles.

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • MAJOR UPDATE!
    I may have to start from scratch with my hack, it will still be the same and everything, but, I have fears of messing it up, because there are major text errors e.g: Mom: "Hi player, I hope you are feeling well" and TV: "ell" (the end of the mom's sentence). I have a few questions however...

1. Is there a way I can fix these text errors?

2. If I start from scratch will I be able to bring old maps over from the old project to the new project and will there be any errors? If not, then I will need some mappers.

Also, everyone who helps me with this hack, will have some recognition in it someway or another...

Last edited:

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
    Years
  • MAJOR UPDATE!
    I may have to start from scratch with my hack, it will still be the same and everything, but, I have fears of messing it up, because there are major text errors e.g: Mom: "Hi player, I hope you are feeling well" and TV: "ell" (the end of the mom's sentence). I have a few questions however...

1. Is there a way I can fix these text errors?

2. If I start from scratch will I be able to bring old maps over from the old project to the new project and will there be any errors? If not, then I will need some mappers.

Also, everyone who helps me with this hack, will have some recognition in it someway or another...

2.You can use AdvanceMap 1.9.5 which has the feature to drag a map from one rom to insert it in another rom.

1.Maybe try out AdvanceText to fix them although be careful...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back