• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you sort your Pokemon?

jiminy_jam

Stuck inside a Net Ball
Years
  • Hey guys.

I've always wanted to discuss this with other people.

I try and be very organised, especially with my Pokemon - let's face it, there's a few of them. ~_~

So how do you sort them out in the PC boxes? Do you have a special system? Do you even sort them out?

I personally use the first box for new Pokemon.
    Then I have a box (in some cases, 2) for each type. I place each Pokemon by it's first type (if it's a dual type.) For Normal Pokemon of a dual type, I place them according to their second type - Normal/Flying Pokemon, for instance, go into the Flying Box.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • I sort mine exactly the same way you did it. ^_^ I also make the background color correspond to their types. Poison/Grass = Green. Rock = Earth/ground. Dark = Night. etc.

Years
  • I put Legendaries in Box 1, my hall of fame team in Box 2 and then anything else can just go in pretty much any box.

I was a lot more organised on Diamond when I actually traded, splitting them into starters/other results breeding projects etc.

My Emerald box system was fun, I caught over 100 Oddish in the Safari Zone for no reason one day and they went on to take up 3 and half boxes for the rest of that save.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I sort by PokeDex order, it's a long and tedious process haha! Three boxes dedicated for each generation, the rest are for shinies, unowns, events, team members, EV trained etc...

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I haven't even caught enough Pokemon in B2 to really be concerned about whether my box is organized or not, since they're all pretty easy to find, but I haven't played it in a while either. But back in the day, when Pokemon was pretty much the highlight of the day, I organized most of my Pokemon by type. Made boxes specifically for each type of Pokemon, and then I usually had one dedicated to the important and strong Pokemon. Not much more to it.

When I was playing PokeMMO, I was in a guild that was all about helping people and giving out Pokemon, so I organized my boxes by current and potential team members, and others I wanted to keep, one box for rares and EV trained Pokemon that were given out at events, and the rest for all the Pokemon I would give out, which usually consisted mainly of Safari Zone Pokemon :p

So yeah, it's actually surprising that I actually started organizing my Pokemon, since I'm generally not a very organized person, but I guess it's pretty simple and easy.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I think it's pretty common to organize by type -- that's how I do as well, with backgrounds to match the type contained there.

I also have a box for incoming Pokemon, and one for rare/event Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Yeah, normally types, with matching up backgrounds where possible.
    In Black, where there're more boxes, I have one for legends etc.
    In Emerald where there are less boxes, I end up putting certain types together i.e. Bug and Poison, in order to separate out my contest pokémon (those with maxxed conditions).

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • I actually organize my Pokes by how much I use them. Of course, that means I have like, 12 boxes of 'Suckymon', or Pokémon I never use, and then two or three boxes dedicated to the small amount I use in-game and in competitive circles, and after that I put Legendaries, then Shinies.

jiminy_jam

Stuck inside a Net Ball
    Years
  • Wow, all great responses.
    In White I also have a few special boxes. One for Legendaries, a box for breed Pokemon for my mate or my fiance. I also have a "special" box. This is for Shinies, which I don't have many of and for all the eeveelutions.

I haven't even caught enough Pokemon in B2 to really be concerned about whether my box is organized or not, since they're all pretty easy to find, but I haven't played it in a while either.
    I have W2 and I will admit that I'm not a fan. So I let the missus play it for me.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Sadly, all of mine are unorganized, except for the last two box. The Pokemon just stay in what ever order I caught them

That last box is where I keep my HM companions, mostly for Fly - or specific Pokemon I will transfer to other games. In my White game the box before the last one is where I keep my "hoarded" Patrat, box full of them.

I will take some of the ideas suggested above and maybe start keeping my boxes organized

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2013
    Well, ugliest obviously go in the last box with the cutest in the front and the strongest in the middle boxes. :D

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • For special boxes I always have:

Special (for Legends and Events)

Shiny (For Shiny Pokémon)

EV (for Pokémon I intend to EV train or those who I already have)

Breeders (holds a Ditto and Pokémon that have been traded from another game by another player as I don't like other player names that are not mine under the OT)

Eeveelutions (For my entire roster of Eevee and it's evolutions up to date)

Starters (for starter Pokémon handed out at the beginning of Gens I - V)

ComTeam [Competitive Team] (a box I've just recently added for EV trained competitive battle Pokémon)

All the other Boxes are for in-game catches for Pokémon found in the respective game version.

Years
  • I don't put all that much effort into my boxes, unfortunately, even though I used to when I was younger. On both Sapphire and Fire Red, each box contained Pokemon of a certain level (100-95, 95-90, 90-85, etc.), but that sometimes meant having to have multiple of the lower leveled boxes, since I obviously had a few more of those kicking around than level 100s.

Currently, I sort my boxes in to 4 loose categories- Outsiders (obtained through trade), Legendaries, Top Pokemon (the ones I switch in/out of my party regularly), and Other/Empty. It sometimes makes finding certain Pokemon a chore, but at least I know the ones I'm looking for are in a smaller area than if it were completely random.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • ...Outsiders (obtained through trade)...

Lol, that's what I called the box for those I got from trade, for like, 2 years. I wanted to make the Pokémon that weren't mine sound as crappy as possible. If I'm not the OT than you're not worth a good named box. In fact, upon breeding them with my Ditto, I release them.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I sort mine by National Pokédex order. Box 1 would be named 1-30, Box 2 would be named 31-60, etc. Bulbasaur would be in Box 1 Slot 1, Ivysaur in Box 1 Slot 2, etc.

Years
  • Not the organized person IRL or in the games, so I usually jumble them up until I beat the Champion. Recently, I've organized the Pokemon in my Black 2 based on generation number (2 boxes allocated per gen), then 2 boxes for my teams/favs, 2 for eggs/trading, and the rest of the boxes are just cluttered with random Pokemon I haven't bothered to sort.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I don't organise stuff extremely well.

I only have a box for reject mons, and a box for my main team members and legendaries.

Back