• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you sort your Pokemon?

matsuko

Alliterating Artist
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
i sort them by level, with a box for pokemon i still need to sort. so it's like lvs 1-10, lvs 11-20, etc.

Sirfetch’d

Mine are in the boxes however they end up there. I don't have time to arrange them all and to me I really don't care. The only box I keep organized is my egg box.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
I play black2 and my sorting system is
TeamPkmn (all pokemon I use in my team)
Keep (pokemon I will keep, but not use, mainly for pokedex)
Trade (I do alot of trading now and have a box full of pokemon for trade)
Starters (name says it all)
Training (pokemon that NEED training)
Legends (short for legendaries)
Storage 1 and 2 (for any pokemon I have more than one of, mainly for the trade box really)
Quite simple really :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I use lots of pokemon through the course of a game, so I'm constantly rummaging around in my boxes, rearranging my team.

Going from the first box to the right, I sort by quality, subdivided by special or physical if necessary. The first box is the first string pokemon - the ones I know I can count on - then it goes down from there, all the way to the junk I know I'm never going to use. Going from the last box to the left, I have duplicates, things I'm going to breed, things I've bred, extra eggs and babies and so on. Somewhere in the middle I have boxes for stuff I want to keep but am probably not going to use - preevos, shinies, legendaries, events and the like.

Years
I don't sort my Pokemon in any particular order, I only just put them next to Pokemon I think look nice with them!

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
i usually jsut throw them in with no order in mind. however i usually have a box just for unknows. also in my SS i had a box for my "ultimate" team because i started to try and complete the pokedex and train loads to evolve them in the E4

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
When I do bother to sort out my Pokemon (I don't believe they are currently sorted in any game but Soul Silver) I usually went with the type method. Though, of course, there was the dual-typing crisis in which I just put then in one of the two types that they are. But in my Soul Silver I decided to go with what color the Pokemon was according to the dex. So when I went to my PC you would see a box full of white, a box full of blue, and so forth. It was a pretty interesting method in my opinion!

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
I really have no sorting method when I'm going through the game, especially when it comes to older games. I typically have one box for Legendarys and other novalty pokemon, and then everything else goes in the other boxes.

On Black 2 though where I've caught just about all of them; I have them sorted by their dex number

Nakala Pri

Unlike some people I know, I rename my boxes and just store them and stuff. But I always go biggest to smallest. That is something I will NEVER stop doing. xD

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
In Pokemon Diamond, I organized them based on their environments. In Black/White, I organized numerically.

Years
In all games, I organize mine by level from highest to lowest. In the case of there being more than one on the same level, I organize by my personal preference (which has varying circumstances)

Back