• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
  • how do you modify the scripting in Advance Map??? I've tried to endless frustrasion to get it to stay in the game, and it won't stay...

If I had to rate myself I would say I am a very newbie pokehacker, however, I am an extremely talented artist, and a very good learner.... I just can't seem to figure out how the script can stay in there (I am using 1.92) thanks

oh, and I really really love this program, it makes pokehacking seem simple, and fun!... but yeah, that seems to be my only problem
    This would be a problem with the script editor not a-map. I think you are probably editing a script, then clicking save. this is wrong. edit the script and click compile. If it won't let you click compile It means your rom isn't loaded.

Years
  • Hi Everyone Im new to this forum and this is my first post.

First I want to thank Lu-Ho for his work on this awesome program as well as all the others who write romhacking programs.

Second I have a couple questions pertaining to Signpost events, particularly the Hidden Item Type. Im want to create some hidden items and would like to know a couple things, that is if anyone can fill me in.

1) Of the three types of Hidden Items in the dropdown list (05, 06, & 07), what are the differences if any?

2) In assigning the Hidden ID for a Hidden Item would I be correct in assuming this is the variable that determines whether or not you have picked up said item? If so what if any of these Hidden ID are free/unused?

Also I have one other question. I know that editing some things will requires repointing, so my question is what will require me to repoint as far as the editing I can do in AdvanceMap?

Im sorry if these questions have already been answered, I did look through the forums for awhile before asking.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Hi Everyone Im new to this forum and this is my first post.

First I want to thank Lu-Ho for his work on this awesome program as well as all the others who write romhacking programs.

Second I have a couple questions pertaining to Signpost events, particularly the Hidden Item Type. Im want to create some hidden items and would like to know a couple things, that is if anyone can fill me in.

1) Of the three types of Hidden Items in the dropdown list (05, 06, & 07), what are the differences if any?

2) In assigning the Hidden ID for a Hidden Item would I be correct in assuming this is the variable that determines whether or not you have picked up said item? If so what if any of these Hidden ID are free/unused?

Also I have one other question. I know that editing some things will requires repointing, so my question is what will require me to repoint as far as the editing I can do in AdvanceMap?

Im sorry if these questions have already been answered, I did look through the forums for awhile before asking.

I can only answer the first two question, as I am also a newbie at this.

1) As far as I know, only 07 is actually used. I'm not sure what the others do.

2) You are correct (as far as I know.) Each item has a different Hidden ID, so it might be best to pick an ID that is unused.

I don't know much about repointing, except that you should download Hack-Mew's Free Space Finder (if you haven't already,) which finds unused offsets to repoint to.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • It's been a long time since I last used AdvanceMap, I might get back into it again one day.
    I'd say it's been about two years.

I just kinda wonder how the progress is coming along with new version?

I so would be looking forward to it. The longer it takes, the better it will be when it's finished I guess.

Good luck Lu-Ho!

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    Im going to start my question with, im a noob, and i dont have time to read the whole topic, so this has probably been asked. Please answer in laymens terms if possible.
    How do you insert a tileset in any pkmn rom?

Years
  • I have this error reporting several times. It seems as no specific action triggers it, altough I'm not completely sure. It could be something with level scripts, since I'm working mainly on those last time.

Quote from 'simple questions' thread.
    AdvanceMap is giving errors! I was working with level scripts, inserting and stuff. And when I switched to another map it gave this error. I tried it multiple times on backups, but it keeps repeating! I really don't know what to do. I'm afraid my ROM crashes and I'll lose everything (got it backed up, but obviously it also bugs on backups...) :(
    errorwh.png

edit: well, I'm now kind of 'carefully' using Advancemap, (lot of saving and shutting down,) and it doesn't seem to happen anymore... Yet...
    Does anybody know how to fix/avoid this problem?

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I have this error reporting several times. It seems as no specific action triggers it, altough I'm not completely sure. It could be something with level scripts, since I'm working mainly on those last time.

Quote from 'simple questions' thread.

Does anybody know how to fix/avoid this problem?

A-map sometimes crashes like that when it gets "incorrect" data. It is the result of one of the map files (or related) getting screwed up.

Viva this thread!

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    @LU-HO, any updates on the next version? Just wondering since it's been awhile now and I was hoping to see this released before Christmas (or before the end of this year). I don't want to make it feel like I'm rushing you, but I'm just a little curious about a release date.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Warp issue

Using the 1.92 version of AM

in route 2 of fire red there is a building you have to enter before going into viridian forest.

i editing viridian forest and made a bigger and the map size is now 70x70

but when i test it in the game I cannot enter viridian forest, i only get a black screen

what can be the problem

according to advance map the warps are correct.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Hi

This problem happens some times.
    Try to reinsert the map at same Bank.Map number.

greetz LU-HO

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back