• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2007
Oh thanks thethethethe i also really needed that. very helpful

Maybe edit the tiles and palletes should work

But How I Edit? I dont know =[

i have one more question:
How i edit trainers in FR?
When i open the game in RS Bal for the pics, thets tall me "Unsopureted ROM" and Esc from the RS BALL...

sorry on the dable..

Last edited:

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
I tried to use coolboyman's tutorial on hexecute (which was very thorough) but when I tried to find text, I came up with scrambled symbols and letters. When I tried to edit it, nothing happened. What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I tried to use coolboyman's tutorial on hexecute (which was very thorough) but when I tried to find text, I came up with scrambled symbols and letters. When I tried to edit it, nothing happened. What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance
Are you sure you are using Hexacute?

My question: What is the APE palette offset for the venasaur on the titlescreen?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
You can't basically. You are limited when you're using a-Text, but when using
A hex editor you can edit any text in the game.

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
Oh yes you can! :D You just have to go to "search" and search for "appeared" with "Beginning of text" checked in its checkbox.

Darke Hawke: Keep assigning it numbers! You should eventually find the correct number that will lead to your destination. You may even have to change the numbers of where you are going to! :D

light_trainer921

Flamethrower Helper
Years
I mean in A-Text! That is definitely the best way.

Sorry. I don't work with A-Text anymore because it cause glitches in the game(it once removed all events I worked hard in a map). A-Text works before but due to some glitches I made using another program, I used a backup ROM. That's when the text glitch starts.

EDIT: Ok. I get what you're saying

EDIT2: But I want to edit battle texts.

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
EDIT2: But I want to edit battle texts.
That is what I mean!! Here is my posts again:
Oh yes you can! You just have to go to "search" and search for "appeared" with "Beginning of text" checked in its checkbox. Then "Wild A Appeared"! Will appear in A-Text. Change this to whatever.

light_trainer921

Flamethrower Helper
Years
That is what I mean!! Here is my posts again:
Oh yes you can! You just have to go to "search" and search for "appeared" with "Beginning of text" checked in its checkbox. Then "Wild A Appeared"! Will appear in A-Text. Change this to whatever.

I actually editing the trainer battle like [CLASS] [TRAINER] would like to battle. I found the text but I can't edit it.

EDIT: Now I can. Thanks.

EDIT2: The other texts I changed in the past few months(like some texts of Oak at the lab, rival intro, etc.) are now glitch makers. How can I fix them?

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
hi. i need help with eggs. does anybody know how long it takes for an egg in fire red to hatch? the reason is i get an egg in my hack which is a gsc emake so the egg is togepi and i get it in violet city. on the orginal the egg hatches by goldenrod. i'm in goldenror in my hack and the the egg still says it will take along time to hatch. i don't think it will hatch.

thanks in advance
link

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
anyone know how to fix this?
glitch.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.