• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
then I've got this:
Now tell me. Are you a Hello?
Or are you a Olleh? [BOY/GIRL](box)

And I want BOY/GIRL in the box to be changed. You can't do that with A-Text. Or at least not with mine.
Use a hex editor that supports table files.

Last edited:

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
I'm sorry,it won't help me much because I don't understand hex editors much. And what you just told me sounds like abrakadabra to me

Sorry for being so vague on the first post. :/

Anyways, hex editing text isn't really that hard. Just take a look at coolboyman's tutorial. Hex editing text is the only way to edit any text in the game since you're just limited to edit what they give you in programs like A-text.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctsh40TbsSM

It's seriously not that hard, give it a try at least.

Sorry for being so vague on the first post. :/

Anyways, hex editing text isn't really that hard. Just take a look at coolboyman's tutorial. Hex editing text is the only way to edit any text in the game since you're just limited to edit what they give you in programs like A-text.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctsh40TbsSM

It's seriously not that hard, give it a try at least.

It's very helpfull but I still cant turn this:
textbox.png
into something else.
@The Dutch people: Sorry for my bad language. I honestly couldn't think of something else.:cheeky:

The red underlined parts aren't the same and that's the whole problem

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
It's very helpfull but I still cant turn this:
textbox.png
into something else.
@The Dutch people: Sorry for my bad language. I honestly couldn't think of something else.:cheeky:

The red underlined parts aren't the same and that's the whole problem
Well, when you change the text you are limited to the number of characters that you are given.

So if you wanted to change the word "girl" into another word that is more or less than 4 characters (since the world "girl" is 4 characters long) then you need to repoint the text which I don't know how to do. :x

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
hi. does anybody know how to change the cry in on the titlescreen?

thanks in advance
link

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
I'm using advancemap 1.8.0 and when I open it it asks me what language I want it to be. I chose english, and it just said something in another language and closed. When I tried to open it again, it wasn't in english. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance.

Years
I'm using advancemap 1.8.0 and when I open it it asks me what language I want it to be. I chose english, and it just said something in another language and closed. When I tried to open it again, it wasn't in english. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance.

Try downloading a newer version Advance Map 1.8.2...
That works for me..:)

Hellsing

Years
Actually, I tried Advance map 1.8.2 first, and that was still in a strange language. Could you tell me how you set AM up, just in case I'm not setting it up right? Thanks, though Poke-Roy.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
does anybody know how i can add music to a rom without replacing anything? like adding a new song?

thanks in advance
link

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
When I inserted my Gym Leader sprite into my hack and the exact colors I put on the GL stayed on there I put like the colors of Tate and Lisa and other people together so when I get the other GL* and inserted it the pallete changed I think I must've forgot what I did is there a way to insert sprites without it changing the pallete?
*=Gym Leader

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
aw come on, doesn't anybody know how to do this? Naranja has somethings similar. (ASH/MISTY instead of BOY/GIRL)
So what does that tell you? ASK THE CREATOR OF NARANJA/ORANGE!

Is there a program I can use to edit the music of a Gold ROM?
No You would have to use a hex editor, or Gold map. I think.

When I inserted my Gym Leader sprite into my hack and the exact colors I put on the GL stayed on there I put like the colors of Tate and Lisa and other people together so when I get the other GL* and inserted it the pallete changed I think I must've forgot what I did is there a way to insert sprites without it changing the pallete?
*=Gym Leader
I don't get it. Can you make it more clearer?

Hellsing

Years
I used advancemap on my emerald rom, and when I tried to open it the vba said I needed a BIOS file to run it. Then it would say Unsupported ARM mode 3, and the message kept on poppin up no matter how many times I closed it. What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back