• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What things from Anime would you like to see in some Pokemon game?

Years
I hope that such a topic is not yet here.

So, what do you think? For example, I would like in the game more than eight Gyms, and the player would choose which he wants to visit. Something like in BW, where Ash visited all eight Gyms, and later, when Cameron battled for the eighth badge, so he went to a completely different gym in the Humilau city.

Or League as in the Anime where player battle with several ordinary trainers who also won eight badges and joined the league (and maybe then it could be the elite four and champion). In this case, it could be some trainers that the player met throughout the game.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Going to move this over to Pokemon Anime, as I think it fits better there. Kenshin if you disagree feel free to kick it back or to PGC!

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
So Bulbapedia thinks this topic fits best in Games, and PC thinks it goes best in Anime. Interesting.

Anyway, I want to see more interaction with your Pokemon. They're just so lifeless in the games as it is, which kind of undermines the messages that they're friends and should be treated as equals. HGSS's following feature was a good start, but it suffered from a limited amount of lines, which led to things like a serious-natured Pokemon dancing around like a fool or Scyther poking you in the stomach. And, you know, it was removed in later games.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
You should be able to choose which of your six Pokemon can be out of its Poke Ball and follow you like in HGSS instead of just the first one in the lineup, and be more interactive with you. I think meeting the Elite Four members before you battle them in the League should be done, so you get a sense of what you're up against.

Speaking of the League, maybe they can make it tournament-style, where the winner gets to battle the Elite Four and Champion.

And maybe dodging attacks can be implemented (aside from attacks missing, because it doesn't make sense how they just miss, as the other Pokemon is simply standing there), though I'm not sure how, next to voice controls.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
I would like to see some kind of attack combinations that are seen in the anime. I dont just mean like in the contest but something like when using water attacks electrical moves would hit more often etc. Kinda like raindance(is that the move that makes rain) and thunder combo. But with more move types and combos. It would certainly bring a more tactical pressure to the battles. :D Although that would sound nice I think iy would also be too hard to be put in the games... :/ Also Giovanni and team rocket in more menacing role would be nice. ;)

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I much prefer the anime's League setup because it expands a lot on what the League actually is. The games make you feel like you're the only person who's going around collecting badges (unless your rival is doing the same), but the anime shows that there are hundreds of people doing the same thing.

Going along with that, the anime's badge system is much more appealing. You can get the badges in whatever order you want and you even have the option to pick which eight gyms you want. That's completely impractical in-game since it would mess with the team compositions and levels of the gym leaders, but it's nice to think about.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Since Ash travels with companions I'd like to see some Co-op like they have with Console games. Although I don't know how realistic that would be.

As for Tournaments like we have in the Conferences I really wouldn't want to fight a bunch of random NPC. That might be fine if its for a Champions league and that is to get in upon your Eight Badges, but that's kinda what Victory Road is for imo.

Extra gyms would be nice like with Misty facing a Water gym in Johto or Iris and Cameron facing gym leaders Ash did not.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Anyway, I want to see more interaction with your Pokemon. They're just so lifeless in the games as it is, which kind of undermines the messages that they're friends and should be treated as equals. HGSS's following feature was a good start, but it suffered from a limited amount of lines, which led to things like a serious-natured Pokemon dancing around like a fool or Scyther poking you in the stomach. And, you know, it was removed in later games.

Yes, yes, YES. Give this guy a medal, someone else gets it. Saves me the trouble in writing my usual spiel, too. :P

In my younger days, I'd've love to have seen the Orange Islands in the games. And it sorta-kinda happened in FR/LG, but not really. I wanted my Pinkan Island, dagnabbit.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
So Bulbapedia thinks this topic fits best in Games, and PC thinks it goes best in Anime. Interesting.

I agree 100 percent. In fact, the "follow me" feature is why HG is my favorite game in the series. With a few improvements on that, the next games would be fantastic.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
I'm usually in favor of the anime and games being different but I'm guessing I wouldn't mind battling him in the games give him different poke so he could not be another red copy

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
The fact any Pokémon can beat any Pokémon with the right strategy. In the anime, tiers don't exist. This is its biggest virtue.

Years
The fact any Pokémon can beat any Pokémon with the right strategy. In the anime, tiers don't exist. This is its biggest virtue.

Mhmm, I agree! Since I am re-watching the season, I remember the episode that Chikorita beats Charizard. That little grass pokemon would have to be level 100 and Charizard freshly evolved to MAYBE win in game using vine whip.

Years
You should be able to choose to battle a trainer or come back later instead of being forced into an unfair battle with pokemon that are ready to faint. Also most trainers battle with less than 6 pokemon and mostly have 3 or 4 pokemon so an option to choose which of your pokemon to battle to make it a 3 on 3, 4 on 4 battle, etc would be interesting.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
I want to see the Orange Islands league. Sure it seemed like filler but it's still a neat concept, an entire region made up of islands and the odd locations there.
I'd also enjoy seeing that fighting tourney featured in that one episode. Tell me a fighting game consisting of ONLY Pokemon characters isn't a neat concept, even if it is just for a minigame or something.
I'd also like Ash's hat...

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
i would like one of those race things used in some of the episodes where you get given a random pokemon and have to befriend it, then there is a race on land and water and stuff and you get a random pokemon at each stop, i hope someone knows what im talking about. i remeber seeing it in the sinnoh episodes. Ash got spoink and mantyke.

i also want to see in battle evolutions, and animations for evolutions

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i would like one of those race things used in some of the episodes where you get given a random pokemon and have to befriend it, then there is a race on land and water and stuff and you get a random pokemon at each stop, i hope someone knows what im talking about. i remeber seeing it in the sinnoh episodes. Ash got spoink and mantyke.
Well... that's practically what you got in Battle Frontier or another facility that lends you Pokemon to use.

Back