• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'm a new RPer. Decided to join 2 days ago. And isn't there good Naruto roleplays out there?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Just gonna throw this idea out here, see if anyone responds.

Would anyone be interested in a RP in a original world based around the age of exploration?

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Just gonna throw this idea out here, see if anyone responds.

Would anyone be interested in a RP in a original world based around the age of exploration?

perhaps....

will it have fictional entities with real world counterpats such as Britain, Spain, France, etc? if so then most likely yes. Also if natives are somehow involved yes.

in a semi related note, are you going through with the western themed pokemon roleplay, Hearts?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
perhaps....

will it have fictional entities with real world counterpats such as Britain, Spain, France, etc? if so then most likely yes. Also if natives are somehow involved yes.

in a semi related note, are you going through with the western themed pokemon roleplay, Hearts?

There would be "counterparts" so to say of Britain,Spain and France, and yes, there would be natives involved. I don't have a whole lot planned out, but those would definitely be a part of it

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
So, a few weeks back I was gauging the reaction for an RP that was inspired by some concepts taken from the Megaman Battle Network games, but that whole plan kinda fell through. Now I'm back with a slightly different question: Would anybody be interested in an RP that was set in the Battle Network universe. It would probably be set after BN6, or it would be the players battling WWW instead of Lan, Megaman, and their friends.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
This idea could be quite interesting since I always liked BN. How would you do the battle system?

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years

I plan to at some point. It might take a little while to work out the kinks, specifically designing the new region which will be based off of Texas, but it doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult. I should be able to get it all sorted out without much hastle. Why do you ask?

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Yeah im asking because im kinda excited for it. also i love native americans and pokemon so....

*does double backflip*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm going back to my Age of exploration idea to ask a question,

Which plot type would you prefer:

a) A scalar plotline

or

b) A open-world style plot

Colony

Years
@JNathan: The battle system would probably be more like NT Warrior, and to a lesser extent Network Transmission. Battle chips would still be usable, but the whole grid system would be very limiting and I don't think anybody would like that.

If I do go through with this idea and it's set after BN6 it'll be a class of young operatives(think team protoman or team colonel from BN5) being sent to do various missions regarding terrorism on the net. It could be primarily a class of Netbattlers in school (more than likely a high school sponsored by SciLab), which would make a lot more sense than Lan (a gradeschooler when the series started) taking on a bunch of terrorists.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Yeah im asking because im kinda excited for it. also i love native americans and pokemon so....

*does double backflip*

Well, I'm happy to satisfy that craving. I'm going to get working on it properly over the next few days rather than just dabbling on it occasionally, so with a bit of luck the premise will be done soon.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
@Colony : It seems like a really good idea. If it goes through, reserve me a spot.

Colony

Years
Well, I'm going to go through with this Battle Network idea, but I feel that a Co-GM would be helpful to bounce off ideas. One of the first things that has me perplexed is what characters to use and for those with multiple NetNavis, like Mr. Famous, what NetNavi should they use. If anybody would be interested in helping out PM or VM me.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Ummm... Does anyone wanna take me under their wing? :3c I'm really new and it's been a while since I've rp'd. I got accepted into the Pokemon Trainer Academy but, I feel like my first post wasn't very good. I just kinda would like someone I could ask questions to and talk to a little.. Sorry if this is weird or something but, i'm terrible with forums so I could use some help.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Oh, do not worry at all Chili! :D We're all a crazy, friendly bunch of peeps here, so, if you EVER have any question, you can pretty much ask ANYONE here.

Ehh... here's the Hopelessly Helpful guy striking again xD If you want I could help you, although there are people who can give far greater guidance than mine.

And, don't worry about your posts, you don't have to go all Victor Hugo on us with every single post, you just have to do what you love and love what you do, then you'll be perfectly fine o3o Besides, I just read that post... Kudos to you, that's a fantastic first one, actually! :D

Years
Elite is very helpful you should talk to him :)
But I'm always available to help you out. Other people I recommend if you are looking for RP advice are Pokemon Trainer Yellow, Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers ad Skymin who is the moderator of the RP Corner.

If you are looking for a simple RP to join you might like to look in on Journey's Through Novia or Pokemon Survival Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back