• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
Guys, when I try to register a trainer so she battles with the trainer I recieve the following:

Code:
---------------------------
Pokemon Meadow: The Game
Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 18, map 44 (Cyroon Forest):

(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'compile error
(eval):2: syntax error
NER,"Rui",0)
   ^
(eval):2: syntax error
NER,"Rui",0)
          ^

***Full script:

pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::PkMnTRAI
NER,"Rui",0)

Interpreter:258:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

Could someone diagnose this for me and give me a remedy please. :)

Years
I added 2 new types to PBTypes: Light and Space.
As far as I know, I have done this as it is said in the comments in PBTypes.
So this is my script now:
Spoiler:

To test this script, I changed the type of Cosmic Power to SPACE.
When starting the editor, it showed this error:
Spoiler:
What's wrong?

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2017
I added 2 new types to PBTypes: Light and Space.
As far as I know, I have done this as it is said in the comments in PBTypes.
So this is my script now:
Spoiler:

To test this script, I changed the type of Cosmic Power to SPACE.
When starting the editor, it showed this error:
Spoiler:
What's wrong?

Try this:

Code:
Physical,85,15,0,0,0,abef,Tough,"The foe is hit with a flurry of punches that strike two to five times in a row."
You didn't put the move description in quotation marks.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Well...

Code:
4,COMETPUNCH,Comet Punch,1D,18,SPACE,Physical,85,15,0,0,0,abef,Tough,"The foe is hit with a flurry of punches that strike two to five times in a row."

It seems everything's OK, you may be missing the type graphic(where it says: "SPACE", or "FIRE", i mean, the picture, do you know what i'm talking about?).

If that's the problem, you must add the graphic to below the QMARKS's... or above, depending on the number of type you edited.

EDIT: According to your script, put the LIGHT and SPACE types on the 16th and 17th positions(below DARK and above QMARKS). And, I think you noticed the "types.png" picture on the Graphics/Pictures folder, edit it.

Years
It seems everything's OK, you may be missing the type graphic(where it says: "SPACE", or "FIRE", i mean, the picture, do you know what i'm talking about?).

If that's the problem, you must add the graphic to below the QMARKS's... or above, depending on the number of type you edited.

EDIT: According to your script, put the LIGHT and SPACE types on the 16th and 17th positions(below DARK and above QMARKS). And, I think you noticed the "types.png" picture on the Graphics/Pictures folder, edit it.
I forgot to do this, so I added a type graphic for both types, but I still get the same message.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I know whats your problem, the editor somehow doesnt read new types. Open your game through the playtest button (so it can update your scripts and pbs stuff) then run the editor. It's just a essentials' bug.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2009
Hello, I'm kinda new to Pokemon Essentials...not to RPG Maker though. My major problem at the moment is...well I'm trying to get other trainer ID's to load...but I don't really understand what I have to do...I tried separating the name and the ID with a comma...but I can't think of much else to do.

Years
I know whats your problem, the editor somehow doesnt read new types. Open your game through the playtest button (so it can update your scripts and pbs stuff) then run the editor. It's just a essentials' bug.

It worked, thanks. During that same playtest, I ran into another error while I should be encountering a wild Pokémon. I haven't edited any script parts mentioned. What's wrong?
Spoiler:

Fraot

Years

Yes, he's right. But, I thought you already did that, didn't you?

When you run a test play it automatictly compiles the PBS files you edited(if you saved at least one, it will compile all the files). I think you,Pier, already did that. So if this is not the anwer, I dunno. I haven't added types on my game.

I may add a type on order to help you to know what's wrong.

EDIT: You, yes you, Pier. You pasted mad.array's feature to your game, that's it.
Well, if you want that solved, press Ctrl+F on the scripts window of the Pedapp Basic game, and then paste "metat" to look for scripts containing it. Copy and paste every script to your game containg "metat", and then should contain "metspcl" and "metlv" as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2011
Hello, I have a couple questions for now.
I've been working on my game. and i wanted to know how to move the bases, like where the pokemon stand. theres a link to a picture of what i mean in the sig.How can i move the pokemon so it fits on the base better?and i also wanted to know if theres a possible way for it to show the pokemons icon on the pokemon on the left of the health bar. Y'know? like in the pokemon summary?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Hello, I have a couple questions for now.
I've been working on my game. and i wanted to know how to move the bases, like where the pokemon stand. theres a link to a picture of what i mean in the sig.How can i move the pokemon so it fits on the base better?and i also wanted to know if theres a possible way for it to show the pokemons icon on the pokemon on the left of the health bar. Y'know? like in the pokemon summary?
You'll want to look in PokeBattle_ActualScene. That's the part of the scripts that dictates where everything is placed in the battle screens. It's also very messy.

A similar question was asked very recently in here, regarding moving pokémon sprites around in the battle screen (which I answered). Read that, and also know that you can change the coordinates for any of the pictures/sprites displayed by finding where it's generated in the script. Since the circles of grass are named "battlebase" (so I recall), searching for that phrase would be a good start. Wherever you come across something that looks like it's a set of coordinates for the battle bases, it's a good sign that you should probably change them a bit. And use my previous advice for moving pokémon sprites around the screen as well.

I won't answer that question any more thoroughly, because it would involve my doing some research (I haven't touched the battle screen yet in my project, so I'm not too familiar with it) and because you really should be looking to see if anyone else has been asking the same questions before.

As for showing pokémon icons (the little animated ones), it's perfectly possible. There's one part of the PokeBattle_ActualScene script that dictates how the battle boxes are laid out (where the health bar goes, where the name goes, etc. etc.), and you could easily add in a line of code to display the icon somewhere in there as well. If you don't know how, look up how it's done in the Pokémon Party screen and basically copy-paste.

Though I'm not sure why you'd want the icons, seeing as how the full sprite is right there, along with its name. Do you really need another identifier? :D

Fraot

Years
De nada

I copied all the script and it worked, thanks Fraot!

You're welcome. The next time, if you want to extract scripts from someone else, try to copy everything and be careful. Backup the original text files in case you ruin them.

That's my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back