• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Ok, so here is what the area of script that i changed (un-commented) looks like.
Code:
[B]1407[/B] if outdoor
[B]1408[/B]  tone= $HourlyTones[Time.now.hour]
[B]1409[/B]  @sprites["battlebg"].tone=tone
[B]1410[/B]  @sprites["enemybase"].tone=tone
[B]1411[/B]  @sprites["playerbase"].tone=tone
[B]1412[/B] end

And here is the error message

I recommend deleting that script, and changing the parts where you load the acctual sprites so that it checks if it's night and just loads the normal sprite that has an extension of n. All you have to do now is make the images with the extension "n". That's how i did it.

dragoon944

Aspring Helper :)
Years
I have a problem i try to load outside off your starter kit and it freezes and ends with some error code? Anyone know why?

Years
Trikeboy said:
It is possible that the "TYPE1" should be "Type1". Also, it is possible that you get the error because the parts that make up the Pokemon are not in the correct order. Try entering the Pokemon using the following template from the original .txt file.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

BTW: It worked!

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2009
Hey, I've been lurking around these fourms for awhile getting help, trying to learn how to script a little. But i have a few questions that i havn't found while i've been looking around.

1.Where in the script can you change the encounter rate for shiny pokemon? I havn't been able to find it anywhere.

2.Where in the script can i change the postion of the pokemon in battle? I havn't been able to find this either.

That is all i need help with for right now. Answers would be much apperciated. :)

Eh, i would still like some help please :)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Hey, I've been lurking around these fourms for awhile getting help, trying to learn how to script a little. But i have a few questions that i havn't found while i've been looking around.

1.Where in the script can you change the encounter rate for shiny pokemon? I havn't been able to find it anywhere.

2.Where in the script can i change the postion of the pokemon in battle? I havn't been able to find this either.

That is all i need help with for right now. Answers would be much apperciated. :)
1. A pokémon being shiny depends on some calculations that use that pokémon's ID number and the original trainer's ID number. The script that does it is in PokeBattle_Pokemon, line 282 onwards.

Very basically, if you change that (d<8) to, say (d<9), I imagine getting a shiny pokémon would be more likely. You could also include more options, such as code that makes all wild pokémon encountered on a particular map shiny (this very question was asked earlier in this thread and got answered).

I would suggest you figure out exactly what you want to do before attempting to mess with this (other than to comment it all out and "return false", in the case that you want to remove shininess from the game altogether) - it's rather conceptually complicated.

2. PokeBattle_ActualScene contains bits of code all over the place that determine the positions of pokémon in both single and double battles. As I recall, though, you can only easily set the horizontal position by editing the numbers here. Said numbers are scattered around, but there shouldn't be too many instances.

To edit how high up a pokémon is, you'll have to look in pokemon.txt for three lines entitled "BattlerPlayerY", "BattlerEnemyY" and "BattlerAltitude". The first two say how high up the sprite should be placed in the cases where it's your or your opponent's/a wild pokémon. BattlerAltitude further raises the opponent's/wild pokémon up off the ground, to make it look like it's levitating (e.g. for Magnemite).

Why does "BattlerAltitude" exist, when "BattlerEnemyY" already exists? Shadows. "BattlerEnemyY" determines where the shadow goes, and "BattleAltitude" determines how high up the pokémon is. You can't just change the picture itself to get a raised pokémon, because then the Pokédex image wouldn't be right, and you can't just make BattlerEnemyY different because then the shadow would be in the wrong place. You need both numbers to make it look right.

So horizontal positions can be changed throughout PokeBattle_ActualScene, and vertical positions can be changed in pokemon.txt.

I have a problem i try to load outside off your starter kit and it freezes and ends with some error code? Anyone know why?
You're going to have to give us some actual information here. Exactly where are you "loading", what are you "loading", what is the error (copy-paste it)?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
You're going to have to give us some actual information here. Exactly where are you "loading", what are you "loading", what is the error (copy-paste it)?

I think he is trying to link files that are outside of the root folder, which is why he gets errors.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2009
Thank you very much. i'm going to go look into all of that now.

Also, lately, when i start my game up in a playtest, i'm getting a weird error for some reason. mind helpin me out?

Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
BitmapCache:112:in `load_bitmap'
BitmapCache:130:in `character'
Sprite_Character:62:in `update_or'
PerspectiveTilemap:406:in `shadow_update'
Shadow:169:in `update'
PerspectiveTilemap:402:in `shadow_initialize'
Shadow:145:in `initialize'
Spriteset_Map:27:in `new'
Spriteset_Map:27:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
Spriteset_Map:26:in `each'

Thanks

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Is there any way to change the wild battle bgm or trainer battle bgm sperately? (not the next battle bgm command)

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Is there any way to change the wild battle bgm or trainer battle bgm sperately? (not the next battle bgm command)

You can set those from the Global Metadata in the Editor.exe file

And my question from above above about the player's name is still unsolved

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
You can set those from the Global Metadata in the Editor.exe file

And my question from above above about the player's name is still unsolved

Yeah I know that... the thing is that I want to change the ones that were set to something else when you go to another area etc

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
I want to do this as well, IE if im going to another region, i want to change the global battle music, not change it every time i battle. I think the best way to my knowledge is to create a parallel process that changes the battle theme and place it on all the maps you want the music to change. And for a trainer, after the comments have been compiled into RPG Maker script, add a "change battle bgm" to the beginning of the event page. That's the best way I can think of, if you don't want to script.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I want to do this as well, IE if im going to another region, i want to change the global battle music, not change it every time i battle. I think the best way to my knowledge is to create a parallel process that changes the battle theme and place it on all the maps you want the music to change. And for a trainer, after the comments have been compiled into RPG Maker script, add a "change battle bgm" to the beginning of the event page. That's the best way I can think of, if you don't want to script.

Nah, I'm seeing you probably don't know about common events, all you need is one and you're done, the problem is that I dont want to change the global next battle bgm but only the trainer/wild one.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
@~JV~ and thespynergist: Why not go about and changing the script that loads the battle BGM for wild ones. I've done it in my game so that it changes the battle BGM to something else if you are batteling legendaries or boss pokemon. Go to line 241 in the script PokemonField. It should look something like this:
Code:
if bgm
  $game_system.bgm_play(bgm)
 else
  $game_system.bgm_play("002-Battle02.mid",100,100)
 end
Now change that code to this and edit as follows:
Code:
if #your condition#
   $game_system.bgm_play("#your music#",100,100)
  elsif bgm
 else
 end

And with that the game will check for the condition and load the music you have assigned. That way you can edit the wild battle BGM without the editor and set it to more music files.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2017
@~JV~ and thespynergist: Why not go about and changing the script that loads the battle BGM for wild ones. I've done it in my game so that it changes the battle BGM to something else if you are batteling legendaries or boss pokemon. Go to line 241 in the script PokemonField. It should look something like this:
Code:
if bgm
 else
 end
Code:
if #your condition#
  elsif bgm
 else
 end
And with that the game will check for the condition and load the music you have assigned. That way you can edit the wild battle BGM without the editor and set it to more music files.

To add onto that, if you want it to happen on a specific map, you could have your if statement looking like this:
Code:
if $game_map.map_id==X
. Where X is the map ID (you don't need the zero's for it to work). That way, it will play the different BGM on that specific map or else default to normal BGM.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Hi, I need some help, xD

Does anybody know how to make certain pokemon "un-release-able",
And I'm not talking about species, I mean one pokemon i particular, one pidgey, not all pidgey for example.

Also, is there a way to make a Pokémon uncatchable, sort of like the Ghost Marowak in Lavender Tower?
Even though it's a wild battle.

Thanks in advance~

/44tim44

Years
I get this error every time a wild battle starts. I don't know what's wrong, I even tried replacing my Pokebattle_ActualScene and PokeBattle_Battle with just the default essential's ones but still no change.

Message: undefined method `nextBattleBack' for #<PokemonGlobalMetadata:0x5982380>
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1381:in `pbBackdrop'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1485:in `pbStartBattle'
PokeBattle_Battle:572:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:544:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:413:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:412:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:414:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:411:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonField:411:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:721:in `pbOnStepTaken'

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Code:
if bgm
 else
 end
Code:
if #your condition#
  elsif bgm
 else
 end

Thx for helping, but I found a better way to solve my ´problem and forgot to post here telling I did. From the @nextBattlebgm I created two variables called @nextWildBattlebgm and @nextTrainerBattlebgm. That way I can organise better what I want and instead of scripts I can use events (which is probably my best area on rmxp seeing I can create really complex things using them) to make what I want.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2011
Hi, I've a little question.
How can I use the runnig shoes in buildings?
When I set in the Editor Bicycle = true, I can, but then I can also use the bicycle.
And that isn't what I want. I want that the player can only use the runnig shoes in buildings.
I searched for an answer in this threat, but I didn't found anything. Could someone help me with this?

Years
Fixed my previous problem (i had to put in the standard essentials scripts), but now i'm getting this new error. Any ideas?

Message: undefined method `pbGetDayNightMinutes' for #<LightEffect_DayNight:0x56fe088>
PokemonField:998:in `update'
AnimationSprite:94:in `update'
AnimationSprite:93:in `each'
AnimationSprite:93:in `update'
Spriteset_Map:44:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
AnimationSprite:55:in `shadow_initialize'
Shadow:207:in `initialize'
Scene_Map:26:in `new'
Scene_Map:26:in `createSpritesets'
Scene_Map:25:in `each'

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2009
Thank you very much. i'm going to go look into all of that now.

Also, lately, when i start my game up in a playtest, i'm getting a weird error for some reason. mind helpin me out?

Code:
BitmapCache:112:in `load_bitmap'
BitmapCache:130:in `character'
Sprite_Character:62:in `update_or'
PerspectiveTilemap:406:in `shadow_update'
Shadow:169:in `update'
PerspectiveTilemap:402:in `shadow_initialize'
Shadow:145:in `initialize'
Spriteset_Map:27:in `new'
Spriteset_Map:27:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
Spriteset_Map:26:in `each'

Thanks

I Asked this question earlier, and it was never answered, i would just like some help please. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back