• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will there be DPPt remakes?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
As we've come to notice, Gen I and II have had brand new makeovers, and with the prediction of a Gen III remake, why not a Gen IV? However, we're only talking about Diamond, Pearl and Platinum here, since it'd be silly to remake a remake. (HGSS would be re-remakes :P). Anyway, do you think DPPt will ever get a remake? This doesn't mean it has to happen soon, you could talk about your belief in it'll happen in a few years if you wish. If you don't believe there'll be remakes for these fabulous games, why not? Do you wish for future remakes?

Personally, in the long run, possibly. But it's still to early to determine if or if not there will be remakes. If it were to be announced that possible DPPt remakes are being developed then I'd more than welcome them.

How about you?

Last edited:

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
Im still hoping for Gen III remakes. After that I'd like new games before they do another remake.

Zero Percent

Loading... Please wait
Years
Generation 3 remakes first, thats for sure. THEN we can worry about Pearl, Diamond and Platinum remakes. Though, I do image them making a remake, for the money of-course.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Curious, you have dug yourself into a hole making this thread lol. Just you wait till you have all the RSE speculation people over here...then you'll see why I'm driven to insanity.

Anyway, I think it's way too early to even think about remaking DPPt. RSE hasn't been remade, we don't know what's beyond the handheld horizons after the 3DS, and as of right now, we don't need DPPt to be remade. This really is just a premature topic, I think. Some people even think an RSE remake is unnecessary because you can get Pokemon from those games to gen V, and you obviously can get Pokemon from gen IV to V, which was a big reason that we got FRLG and HGSS. So yeah. Just thinking about remaking DPPt is just...crazy. lol Maybe we'll see remakes someday, but certainly not any time soon.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't think so. DPPt is as good as it gets already. What would they remake them as? I haven't got a clue. But IF they do remake them, let's just hope it's better then the originals. And yup, I would want an RSE remake first. DPPt later.

Years
If they do Gen 3 remakes first, then I could see this happening.

If we had D/P/Pt remakes, we could have the D/P story but keep the Platinum Pokedex.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Omg new system time!?

I can't really see these ones being remade in the near future. Or really any future tbh haha. Although I would certainly love to see it. But as soon as we start speculating about this, BW remakes could be possible.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I would like to see Gen 3 remake most. There really is no real reason for a DPPt remake at the moment sense it is for the DS. RSE needs to get a remake before DPPt

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't see much of a reason to remake D/P/Pt, since their graphics and storyline are good enough already, IMO.

Years
I don't think that a D/P/PT will happen for some time as the generation is fairly recent. It might be a couple of years before we see a remake.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I personally don't see a D/P/Pt remake arriving on any shores anytime soon for a few reasons. R/S/E, the 3rd generation games have yet to be remade and we've been waiting for at least 7 years, most Pokemon remakes take a handful of years to even be heard about their development.

And I don't see the point to a D/P/Pt remake honestly. The graphics and art, storyline were wonderful already, I think the only Pokemon remakes needed are of the games on older consoles etc. GBC or GBA. There might be a sequel but for me I think there'll be no remake. None D:.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Remember guys, this remake doesn't have to be developed and released relatively soon. This discussion is more around if you think there'll ever be DPPt remakes. 8)

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Honestly I'd say like my above post, that there won't be a D/P/Pt remake. Even though all the other games got a spice up with a new remake, I don't see D/P/Pt coming to a remake. It's on a new console already DS and most people think its fine the way it is so far. Nintendo and Gamefreak might ask in the future to see the opinions of Pokemon fans and then they might create one but like before, I highly doubt it D:.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
No. By the time RSE remakes are out of the way, there's a good chance that we will see the revival of visiting multiple regions per game. In that case, we may see games where Sinnoh is revisited, but not an actual remake of DPP.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I kinda don't see it happening, even if it's a long way away (and by that I mean a lot of years). RSE remakes if they happen seem to be likely gen 6 earliest, and I question if they will happen anyways too (I guess it's a option to pad out gen 6 on the 3DS I suppose that doesn't require another new region or whatnot...but then patterns are made to be broken and we hardly have one! What's to say we don't just get a new story in Hoenn and for that matter Sinnoh instead ala B2W2?)

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2012
I really hope not, I want gamefreak to stop with all the new releases. They aren't coming up with many great ideas anymore to be completely honest. If they redo 3rd gen I would be okay with that. But anything after that is pointless. Because they were all wifi compatable in 4th now 5th. I think game freak should just stop with the whole new stuff and hang up their hats.

Honestly though, if they did remake a game, I would want them to remake ALL of the games at one time release them all at one time and be the last release. But with a twist. Which ever game you buy is where you start. Example would be I go buy yellow version. I start in palet town, make my way up to the elite 4, like a normal game. After the elite 4 though you have to go onto the next region, so you go to jhoto region. Then replay all of the jhoto, after then hoenn and on.

Pretty much you have to play as ash moves in the series. You meet new people go to every region, catch a lot of pokemon, and get to start where you want. Yes the game would be long but it wouldn't really be the same it's new and different, it would literally be a pokemon world.

It would be the same for all games. But if you get the sapphire or something you would start in newbark. That's how I would love for them to end the game series. That way you get the game you love play everywhere so your not left out, and be able to trade and play every body with no limitations.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
If Game Freak and Nintendo don't screw us over with the ever-so-anticipated Ruby/Sapphire remakes, you bet they'll be remakes of those classics. It's just that they're sort of far away right now...

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I really hope not, I want gamefreak to stop with all the new releases. They aren't coming up with many great ideas anymore to be completely honest. If they redo 3rd gen I would be okay with that. But anything after that is pointless. Because they were all wifi compatable in 4th now 5th. I think game freak should just stop with the whole new stuff and hang up their hats.
Wonder what Game Freak (a business, let's not forget) would think of the idea of not making any more money and just hang hats instead. =p That and sales show their games are still very well received so I don't agree with your claim they aren't coming up with any great ideas so they should stop.
Honestly though, if they did remake a game, I would want them to remake ALL of the games at one time release them all at one time and be the last release. But with a twist. Which ever game you buy is where you start. Example would be I go buy yellow version. I start in palet town, make my way up to the elite 4, like a normal game. After the elite 4 though you have to go onto the next region, so you go to jhoto region. Then replay all of the jhoto, after then hoenn and on.
This could happen, but only as such a last game dealy. That's ignoring potential issues like memory, what happens with levelling (pokemon's gonna hit level 100 sometime unless you a) have hardly any trainers, b) screw the levellling system, or c) restart in each region, which begs the question of why have it all in one game though from a marketing point of view).

But that's a different topic now. Let's keep it to if there should/would be DPPt remakes ages down the track, not a 'what you want game freak to do with Pokemon in general'.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
If RSE remakes come out, then probably. If they don't, then it would make very little sense in skipping straight to DPPt just to keep the saga of 'we must remake every game' up and running. It's all dependent on what happens over the next 1-2 years, really.

Back