• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will there be DPPt remakes?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    TBH, Gen I and Gen II needed to be remade because they were completely cut off from the other generations.
    You couldn't trade over Pokémon from Red/Green/Blue and Gold/Silver to Gen III and up. Releasing FR/LG and HG/SS made it possible for Gen I and II to interact with the other generations.

Like right now, you can transfer any Pokémon you have in R/S up to B2/W2, you can transfer all the Pokémon you have in FR/LG up to B2/W2, you can transfer all the Pokémon you have in HG/SS up to B2/W2, etc.

This is why I think any remakes other than Gen I and Gen II are needed. Because they already remade the games that were incompatible with the newer Gen. to make them compatible.

That being said, if they decided to remake Gen III and Gen IV anyway, they will not remake Emerald nor Platinum. Not sure why people keep including them when talking about remakes, tbh.

Years
  • I don't think there will.If they do though,I think Arceus should be the mascot.It could be something like Pokèmon Alpha Version

Years
  • Looking at the trends, FR/LG were released 8 years after the originals, and HG/SS were released 10 after theirs. Later this month it will have been 10 years since R/S were released in Japan (that makes me feel old...), and there's nothing more than speculation about remakes for them. I do think that Diamond and Pearl will eventually get remakes, but I wouldn't expect them to show up until 2018 at the earliest. That, and they'll probably be on a system that hasn't even been thought of yet. But then again, we've got no idea where the franchise will be in even five years time, and who knows how much technology will change, so I wouldn't hold my breath until at least there is some concrete evidence of 3rd Gen remakes.

Pinta77

Nintendo is infamous for remaking games and throwing them back on the shelf, whether it's a proper remake, or simply one of those GC games with Wii controls. While I wouldn't mind seeing a Ruby/Sapphire remake, I absolutely DO NOT want to see a Diamond/Pearl remake for 3DS. Too soon, don't ya think?

I think they need to break this "2 new games, 2 remakes, 1 remake of new game" habit. It looks like generation 5 is going to break that habit, so we're on the right track.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I don't see it happening or at least anytime soon. The graphics and storyline are good enough already and we're not even sure if gen 3 is getting a remake. They don't even need RSE remakes considering you can now transfer all your pokes from those games to gen 5 games. Though they're popular , so Gamefreak might consider that. So if Gen 3 get remakes then we could see gen 4 remakes in 8-10 years.

Back