• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What's your Pokémon team?

TheRusty

The Dragon Master
Years
My Emerald Team:
Blaziken Lv. 50(Double-Edge, Brick Break, Fire Punch, Fire Blast)
Breloom Lv. 45(Bulk Up, Sky Uppercut, Giga Drain, Strength)
Seviper Lv.45(Poison Fang, Poison Tail, Crunch, Secret Power)
Skarmory Lv. 46(Spikes, Steel Wing, Fly, Aerial Ace)
Sharpedo Lv. 47(Crunch, Surf, Ice Beam, Hyper Beam)
Rayquaza Lv. 70(Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Fly, ExtremeSpeed)

Last edited:
Years
Hiya guys! I am a new person to this forum:)
Right now I am playing Pokemon Leaf green. This is my team:
Charizard
Gyarados
Nidoqueen
Snorlax
Jolteon
You must be wondering where is my sixth pokemon. Actually, I wanted to catch a Scyther. But it is so hard to catch one in Leaf Green:( I have gone so many times to the Safari Zone, especially the patch where it is mostly found, but no luck.
Rate my team and also can you guys suggest the sixth pokemon?
Should it be persian, victreebell, dewgong, scyther (tell me where to catch it), the ditto which I caught near Fuchsia or something else?
I don't want to keep any legendaries in my team though
Just a heads up, but you're thread has been merged into the Pokemon team thread here in Third Generation!

Anyway, the reason you aren't finding Scyther is that they actually don't appear in Leaf Green :( If you're still looking for a 6th Pokemon, Pinsir might be a good replacement if you still want a Bug type, otherwise Victreebel would probably be my pick out of the ones you suggested.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
I need help with my fire red team. Everyone is mid 30s lvl
Charizard
Raichu
Onix
Nidoking
Gyrados
Eggsecutor.
How can I make this better

Years
I'm not the greatest with coming up with teams, but Onix looks like it could be one of the weak points in your team. It doesn't have great stats, it's got a bunch of weaknesses (including 4x to both Water and Grass), and you can't even evolve it until the post-game, and that's only by trading it. If you're insistent on using a Rock type, it might be best on waiting until you can revive one of the fossils. Other than that, you could always try a Fighting type Pokemon like Primeape or the Hitmons, or a Normal type like Clefable, Chansey, or Tauros, since it looks like you've got your other bases covered pretty well.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 16, 2016
I don't know what to do and I need your help!

Okay, so I need some help. My brothers "great" advice told me since I have a kadabra, I don't need a pidgeotto. So, this is my current line up and I'm thinking of getting rid of Jolteon for Pigeotto because once I evolve dratini into dragonite, I can teach it thunder and ice moves, and gyrados can be my water type Pokemon, but now I have no damn idea what to make my line up and to all my Pokemon I NEED YOUR HELP

Dratini
Gyradous
Jolteon
Growlithe
Kadabra
Ivysaur

I was going to switch out Jolteon back to Pigeotto because I can eventually teach dratini thunder and ice moves, but I don't know if this is a mistake. I need help. Can someone please tell me what's the best route?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Looking at your lineup, I'd argue that you don't necessarily need Jolteon. Your team is pretty balanced already, and I'd argue that a flying type is more useful than an electric type, considering the rest of your team. Honestly, it's up to you but I think Pigeotto is the better choice :)

Years
Okay, so I need some help. My brothers "great" advice told me since I have a kadabra, I don't need a pidgeotto. So, this is my current line up and I'm thinking of getting rid of Jolteon for Pigeotto because once I evolve dratini into dragonite, I can teach it thunder and ice moves, and gyrados can be my water type Pokemon, but now I have no damn idea what to make my line up and to all my Pokemon I NEED YOUR HELP

Dratini
Gyradous
Jolteon
Growlithe
Kadabra
Ivysaur

I was going to switch out Jolteon back to Pigeotto because I can eventually teach dratini thunder and ice moves, but I don't know if this is a mistake. I need help. Can someone please tell me what's the best route?
I have to agree with Xannytoes that Pidgeotto might be a better option than Jolteon, since both Gyarados and your eventual Dragonite have access to Ice and Electric type moves. I would keep the Kadabra though, unless there's another Psychic type you were planning to use.

And just a heads up, but we've got a thread for sharing/looking for help with in-game Pokemon teams, so I'm going to move this over there for you!

MOVED.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 16, 2016
Since I can't quote on my phone,

I have to agree with Xannytoes that Pidgeotto might be a better option than Jolteon, since both Gyarados and your eventual Dragonite have access to Ice and Electric type moves. I would keep the Kadabra though, unless there's another Psychic type you were planning to use.

And just a heads up, but we've got a thread for sharing/looking for help with in-game Pokemon teams, so I'm going to move this over there for you!

I heard jolteon's Thunder moves would be stronger than dragonites and I don't know if gyradous is the water type I want to keep -- Is he worth it? I'm just stuck between jolteon's and my pidgey, unless I made a mistake having both dragonite and gyradous since they're both part dragon as well.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2016
I used these in Sapphire :
Blaziken(lvl 64)
-Flamethrower
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut
-Slash
Gardevoir(lvl 63)
-Thunderbolt
-Dream Eather
-Psychic
-Hypnosis
Ludicolo(lvl 62)
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Giga Drain
-Natural Power
Swellow(lvl 62)
-Fly
-Wing Attack
-Aerial Ace
-Steel Wing
Aggron(lvl 62)
-Iron Defense
-Earthquake
-Take Down
-Iron Tail
Flygon(lvl 60)
-Dragonbreath
-Dragon Claw
-Faint Attack
-Crunch

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
Years
I used these in Sapphire :
Blaziken(lvl 64)
-Flamethrower
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut
-Slash
Gardevoir(lvl 63)
-Thunderbolt
-Dream Eather
-Psychic
-Hypnosis
Ludicolo(lvl 62)
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Giga Drain
-Natural Power
Swellow(lvl 62)
-Fly
-Wing Attack
-Aerial Ace
-Steel Wing
Aggron(lvl 62)
-Iron Defense
-Earthquake
-Take Down
-Iron Tail
Flygon(lvl 60)
-Dragonbreath
-Dragon Claw
-Faint Attack
-Crunch

Hey dude, how did your blaziken learn flamethrower? Mine was a level 78 one and it never learnt so.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2016
Probably one of two ways- either they bought TM35 from the Game Corner to teach Flamethrower to Blaziken, or they didn't evolve Torchic right away, since it learns Flamethrower at level 43 in R/S/E.

Yeah I bought TM35 from Game Corner , because actually I didn't know that Torchic can learn Flamethower until my Blaziken became lvl 59 and learned Sky Uppercut :)

K e n

Secret Spy
Years
My FireRed team always consists of a Blastoise (Cause who doesnt like them badass cannons) and a Snorlax. So those two are always in my fire red team. The other 4 is some what random. Maybe a grass type like Vileplume or Exeggutor. An electric type maybe Pikachu or Electabuzz. And a fire type like arcanine or ninetales. And maybe one of the legendary bird, preferably Articuno.

Fire Red isnt realy challenging so most of the time I base my team on how cool a pokemon looks :D. Maybe not the best idea, but who cares.

In emerald I always only train 3 pokemon. Obviously for the battle frontier. First, my starter (most of the time mudkip). Then, I always get a flygon. And lastly, i get a strong grass, flying, or psychic type. But most of the time I get an Alakazam.

bossman34

Citizen of Kanto
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2018
I'm sure many of you have started playing RBY or FRLG again since Pokemon Go release. My team right now is Charizard (44), Nidoqueen (43), Scyther (41) and Lapras (38). Heading to Cinnabar Island now!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I just finished Emerald yesterday as a part of my run through each generation before Sun and Moon. I'm likely not going to finish because I started Emerald back in like. April or March and ignored it for months, but hey, I'll try to do what I can. The name theme for my team here was Jupiter's moons. I used to name my Pokemon after them back in gen III, so I thought it would be a nice personal throwback.

Spr_E_Brendan.png

Pokemon Trainer Ludger
Badges: 8 | Champion

257.png

Thebe lv. 53 @ Amulet Coin
Blaze | Serious
[ Bulk Up | Dig | Brick Break | Flamethrower ]

373.png

Adrastea lv. 53 @ Lax Incense
Intimidate | Jolly
[ Fly | Iron Tail | Dragon Claw | Earthquake ]

275.png

Europa lv. 53 @ Sitrus Berry
Chlorophyll | Relaxed
[ Fake Out | Aerial Ace | Giga Drain | Faint Attack ]

337.png

Io lv. 53 @ Hard Stone
Levitate | Impish
[ Ice Beam | Hypnosis | Psychic | Rock Tomb ]

227.png

Amalthea lv. 53 @ King's Rock
Sturdy | Gentle
[ Fly | Spikes | Swift | Steel Wing ]

365.png

Lysithea lv. 53 @ Sea Incense
Thick Fat | Naive
[ Surf | Rest | Ice Beam | Body Slam ]

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
my current fire red team is

Scizor-lv 34(in training)*
wing attack
slash
false swipe
agility

charizard-lv 74
strength
fly
earthquake
fireblast

Jirachi-lv72
psychic
wish
cosmicpower
swift

electabuzz-lv 63
thunderbolt
swift
rocksmash
waterpulse

Nidoqueen-lv 66
sludgebomb
bodyslam
tailwhip
superpower

vaporeon-lv 75
auroura beam
bite
surf

*feel free to critique scizor I havent decide his perminent move set

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 18, 2021
Can someone rate my team, please? Im using Smogon's OverUsed tier system.

Aerodactyl @ Choice band
- Double Edge
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

Metagross @ Chesto Berry
- Double Team
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Rest

Blastoise @ Leftovers
- Surf
- Protect
- Mirror Coat
- Refresh

Blissey @ Shell Bell
- Calm Mind
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Tyranitar @ Bright Powder
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit

Charizard @ Focus Band
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Electric
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Back