• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Folder.exe

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hi there pipz...
    Recently, my PC caught a virus that duplicates 5 folders in my memory card or flash drive and turns them into .exe files, while hiding the original folders...
    It came from my brother's memory card after he let his classmates borrow his memory card to print some pictures in a shop or whatever...

So yeah...
    Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem o'mine?
    My current OS is Windows XP Service Pack 2, if that helps.
    Thanks~

edit:
    btw...
    My anti-virus is Eset NOD 32...
    Yet, it can't detect the New Folder.exe files...
    It only removes the autorun.whatever the extension was...

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • 1. Disable autorun as mentioned above (thread)
    2. If it just hid the originals, enable "Show hidden files and folders" (Tools >> Folder Options >> View >> Show hidden files and folders). More likely, though, is that it just deleted them, in which case you should stop using the affected flash drive immediately and use Recuva to get back as many of the deleted files as you can. DON'T write Recuva to the flash drive; Windows doesn't permanently delete a file until a new file requests the space that the old one took up.
    3. If you still have it, send me the autorun.inf file from your flash drive in a PM attachment.
    4. Do a full system scan with your anti-virus.

Back