• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite and least favorite Pokemon of the 4th Gen?

Years
The topic about this thread is simple.

What were your fave and least fave Pokemon introduced in the 4th Generation?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I can't really specify a particular group of pokemon which I like the most out of this generation. I think mainly due to the fact that I'll change from Pokemon to Pokemon and go through phases where I'd develop an obession with a certain species, and then get sick of it and move onto another. I'm quite feeble that way haha.

Years
Favourites: Staraptor, Lucario and Infernape (excluding legendaries).
Least Favourite: In general I liked all of them really, it was probably the best generation.

Years
I think my favourite's are the Croagunk family, and the Gible family.
My least favourite is the Burmy family, I really hate them, don't know why.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My favourite and least favourite Gen IV critters are both final evolutions of Pokemon from previous generations. Magnezone was the biggest surprise of the Fourth Generation, as I was never a big fan of the Magnemite line previously. But its super-cool design, great movepool and amazing Special Attack vaulted it into my favourite Pokemon of all time, and easily of Gen IV. Ambipom, on the other hand, is just... ugh. Who wanted an evolution for AIPOM of all things? Seriously? And its name! And its horrible appearance! And... and... Ugh. I don't want to type any more about this. I'm too old for this ****.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
My favorite is... I don't know. I loved pretty much all of the pokemon except Palkia.
My most favoritest favorite though is probably Spiritomb and Rotom.
I hated Palkia, as stated above.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Favorite
471.gif
448.gif
445.gif

They are very strong and they have such nice designs.

Least favorite
455.gif
400.gif
432.gif

They are so ugly and they are useless just look at the ugly buck teeth that Bibarel has.

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Is it too easy to say Bidoof? XD I just think it's the most ridiculous looking Pokemon. Some of my other least favorites are Combee, Starly, Riolu, Yanmega, Hippopotas, Hippowdon, and Purugly.

And my favorites: Luxray, Buizel, Lucario, Electivire, Leafeon, Togekiss, and Darkrai.

Years
Favorites: Luxray, Froslass, Turtwig, Togekiss and the Gible line

Least favorites: Burmy and Wormadam, Chimchar, Bidoof, Bibarel, Purugly, Shellos, Gastrodon, and I never really liked the new evolutions from first and second Gen Pokemon (exept for Weavile, Magnezone, Mamuswine, Porygon Z and the Eeveelutions), but special mention deserve Yanmega and Tangrowth. And some others

Looking back there were many Pokemon I didn't like much from Gen IV. Weird, i never noticed. o.O

Sirfetch’d

Least favorite: Lickilicki(completely unnecessary filler pokemon)

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Favorites are Lickilicky and Tangrowth and Torterra and Abomasnow and Weavile

Least favorites: Hmm... I really loved this gen... Probably Bronzong. It gives me so much trouble trying to beat it.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Hmmmm, now when I look back, after a few years away from this Gen (I stepped away because it wasn't my cup of tea), most of the Pokemon look really good. Some stand-outs include Staraptor, Luxray, Torterra, Buizel, Weavile, Yamega, Lucario and Toxicroak. They are all pretty cool.

Years
My faves and least faves from 4th Gen:

390.gif
391.gif
392.gif

My fave starter line of this gen. Piplup's line comes close but Chimchar's line won it out for me due to Infernape being badass awesome and even better, I was born in the Year of the Monkey (AND I LOVE MONKEYS) which is fitting why I often choose him as my starter when I play a Sinnoh game.

396.gif
397.gif
398.gif

My fave regional birds, cos unlike the others, this one is actually usable. Staraptor is always a staple on my 4th Gen in-game teams cos of its good Speed and Attack stats plus getting access to the awesome Close Combat.

407.gif

Oh god this beauty is one of my fave Grass-types and also my fave Poison-type. Roserade's beastly Sp. Attack stat makes it pretty handy to have, and it usually makes its way into my team.

417.gif

While Pachirisu may not have the best stats in the world, its cuteness and personality in the anime (and being owned by my hero Dawn) made me find it a favorite.

424.gif

Again, love this one as well due to Dawn and being a monkey. Ambipom with Technician is a beast, thanks to most of its attacks being 60 BP or less. And it acts really happy in the anime too.

448.gif

Ah yes, the fan favorite Lucario. Why do I love this guy? Well, awesome movepool, good stats all-around and it uses AURA! I once used this guy on my team and he was AMAZING! LUCARIO YOU ARE COOL <3

445.gif

Again, being a badass and being owned by Cynthia makes Garchomp another of my faves. It has awesome moves and it's one tough Dragon.

475.gif

Gallade, one well example of a Physical Psychic done right, with a bit of Fighting in the mix. This thing has one hell of a movepool, getting access to loads of cool attacks.

469.gif

I don't like most Bug-types but Yanmega is an exception. This thing hits hard, has impressive Speed and is owned by Jessie in the anime. I also often like to make mine female as a tribute to Jessie's Yanmega. And it looks so badass.

468.gif

Togekiss, another Pokemon owned by Dawn in the anime, meant it had to make it onto my faves list. This thing has awesome Sp. Attack with some nice moves to abuse it. Air Slash + Serene Grace can be a deadly mix.

427.gif
428.gif

Why do all of Dawn's Pokemon become my faves? These two are no exception, especially with Buneary's anime personality and the jokes surrounding male Lopunny. I had a male Lopunny once but never knew how strange it was. Still I love these bunnies due to being cute.

393.gif
394.gif
395.gif

The Piplup line are among my fave starters due to Dawn, and Empoleon's type combination is pretty nice, with some hard-hitting special attacks like Surf and Flash Cannon. Guess my brother's obsession with penguins made me like this line.

I don't have many least faves, but here's one I would like to mention:

485.gif

UGLIEST LEGENDARY EVER. I really hate Heatran's design.

Years
Funny you mention Heatran, I personally think it's design is badass XD

A few other favourites I neglected to include are Toxicroak, Togekiss, Magnezone, Luxray and the Eeveelutions

I agree that Purugly is pretty meh and that Lickilicki was unnecessary (although I'm not a hater like others I just don't think it needed to be done)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ugh there were so many I loved! Buneray, Pachirisu, Bronzong, Piplup, Chimchar, Gible, Leafeon, Stunky, Roserade, Croagunk, Drifblim, Rotom, and so many more there's just too many to list! xD I'd say favourite over all was probably Bronzong since it's an incredibly versatile Pokémon that's amazing in battle and looks incredibly unique. It's absolutely freaking adorable (IT'S FACE IS SO DERPY <3) and I love it to bits, plus it's Toxic/Gyro Ball/Stall strategy was incredible to fight with, so I'm choosing that. As for least favourite, there really weren't many Sinnoh Pokémon I didn't like but I'd say probably the three main legendaries. I didn't like Palkia, Giritina or Dialga much at all and I really feel they were the main downfall of the Sinnoh region. The whole region and story was utterly amazing other than those Pokémon. I would've much prefered for Darkrai and Cresslia to battle it out on Mt Coronet or something, but those Pokémon were just bad imo :(

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Ah so many of my favourite Pokemon are from the 4th Generation! I LOVE YOU GAMEFREAK :3! Pachirisu, look at that adorable face! Yes, it might not be a powerful Garchomp or Dragonite but seriously don't underestimate this thing. An electric squirrel is badass seriously xD. This Pokemon is adorable and can be quite powerful. I've tried using one before and it was a great addition to my team.

Next up is Luxray, another electric type. It resembles a lion, one of my favourite real life animals of all time. It's design is cool and Luxray although a common electric type, a powerhouse. Without Luxray,I would of never made it through Platinum.

Then there's the dark Honchkrow. I love how they introduced this stunning bird as an evolution from the small,sneaky Murkrow. Everything about him I like, design,stats,moves and how unique it is!

I could list a whole lot more, but then that would take up pages and pages. So I'll just skip to the ones I hate.

Burmy's family.
Ugh... don't even make me start on it.Awful,awful,awful. It looks ugly, just some creature covered in leaves or sand. Wormadam looks hideous,bad movepool and just everything in general I hate about it.

Then meet Purugly. Yep definitely ugly as the name implies. My hatred for it came from Mars who totally swempt my underleveled team at Lake Verity >:|. There are millions of pure normal types out there,we don't need one that's hideous honestly.

Infer12

Darkness Incarnate
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
My favorite is Infernape
But I really Hate Purugly

Back