• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite and least favorite Pokemon of the 4th Gen?

BiGoDeViN28

Psalm 141:3
Years
  • Well, 4th Gen was definitely one of my favorites. Especially the Pokemon designs. Here are some of my favorites from DPPt:

Spr_5b_418_m.png
    Spr_5b_419_m.png

I really liked the Floatzel line. Just appealed to me, plus you could acquire it early on.

Spr_5b2_422E.png
    Spr_5b_423E.png

The Shellos line was also very cool to me. Especially the way you get different colors. I always ended up with pink, though. lol

Spr_5b_425.png
    Spr_5b_426.png

The Drifloon line was just cute. Along with it being Ghost, which is one of my favorite types.

Spr_5b_430.png

He's a Mob Crow. You can't deny it's coolness.

I could go on forever, but as for the last one I really like:

Spr_5b_448.png

Just a cool Pokemon. I fell in love as soon as I seen him back in Pearl.

I can't say I dislike any 4th Gen design. Tbh. I enjoyed all of them, really.

Years
  • I love Lucario, he's just great and looks so cool. I also love Ambipom for some reason.

I hate most of the evolutions of previous Pokemon, such as Electivire, Magmortar, Yanmega, Tengrowth, etc. Just ew.

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • Really love Ambipom, Palkia and Vespiquen. I never found a use for Aipom, so it was cool that it got an evolution. Palkia speaks for itself, and the whole Combee line is just amazing.

Pokemon that I disliked? Dialga and Skuntank. Mainly because they're cries are so weird. :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2012
    Favorites: Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Infernape, Chimchar, Shinx, Luxray, Chingling, Spiritomb, Bonsly, Drapion, Darkrai,

Least favorite: Burmy

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Favourites: I would gust for about 73 paragraphs about how awesome Palkia is, my you would get bored by the 3rd paragraph. :p

Least Favourites: Despite introducing my favourite Pokemon, Gen IV has the most dud Pokemon.

Stunky, Loupunny (who's design is just a huge playboy reference. you know for kids) and almost all of the awful evolutions and pre evolutions are terrible.

But the worst has to be Lucario. It's a very average Pokemon, and the overexposure of it, mainly by kids, make me want to gouge my eyes out so I don't see his stupid furry face again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    My favorites were Luxray,Lucario,Giratina,Garchomp..i could go on but i'll stop here.
    The pokemon that i did'nt like were mostly the pre-evolutions and new evolutions of older pokemon.For example : Tangrowth..What the heck i that supposed to be?

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    My favorites would be:
    Vespiqueen (Like a female Bedrill, she's awesome!)
    Glaceon (Thought the stats aren't that great)
    Luxray ('Cause it looks so fierce and vicious)
    Monferno (It's hard not to love him)
    Roserade (Now I'll have to catch male Roselia's to evolve, but it's worth it)
    Porigon Z
    Honchcrow

Least Favorite:
    Surprisingly, and even though I feel they shouldn't have been created, Bidoofs are not my first choise.
    Pachirisu (Yes, Pachirisu! I don't care how cute it tries to be, it's just another Pikachu wannabe. Plusle and Minun didn't work, what made them think this squirrel thing would be successful? Marill is the only one who actually earned my respect.)
    Purrugly (Was it to hard to make it pretty like Persian and Delcaty?)
    Staravia and Staraptor (The only local flyers and they look kind of awkard. Starly is ok, though.)
    Hippopotas (Too cartoony to be taken seriously, though they are very strong)
    Croagunk (Because Politoed is better)

And even though I don't exactly dislike them, it bothers me that now they have a male Ralts evolution while males can also become Gardevoirs. Now everyone laughs at my male Gardevoir and calls him Dudevoir ):

Back