• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Revenge/Team Dark Evolution [now recruiting]

Years
For the tiles they are kinda big... I will place them in tileset 2 do you want to stick to the default trees on the rom base? Or... By the way The pc is public but its pretty big too xD~ heres what I was thinking Making tileset 1 all natural tiles like trees flowers paths fences rocks mountains sign posts stairs etc... and then for every other map I can place different tiles thru tileset 2 ?

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
For the tiles they are kinda big... I will place them in tileset 2 do you want to stick to the default trees on the rom base? Or... By the way The pc is public but its pretty big too xD~ heres what I was thinking Making tileset 1 all natural tiles like trees flowers paths fences rocks mountains sign posts stairs etc... and then for every other map I can place different tiles thru tileset 2 ?
If that is what you think will work, then sure do it.
By the way which ones are kinda big?
I was hoping to get some new tile sets. I was originally going to use the rom base I pmed you, the ProjectUnamed(Complete) since most of the tile sets are already pre installed... like the trees, rocks & bushes,etc. . But only has two houses installed.
then maybe we will not use the houses from here. and use the others I asked you to use. Those should be able to cover 8 towns/cities. Can you extract the tile sets for trees, bushes, rocks etc from the ProjectUnamed(Complete) from the 1 I pmed you to save time.

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Can you send me an IPS? and Yeah that works better and saves you space :)
Well can't wait for tomorrow when i will insert them ;)
Can you check your inbox. I pmed you it last night. it has the ips rom base & a test beta I tried to use to insert some new pokemon sprites. Just delete that since that 1 isn't working anymore. Let me know if you have it or if I need to re send it.

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
sure no problem. No rush.Just let me know when you are finished and pm & email me the work so I have it even when I clean my inbox here ^_^

With all those tiles I vmed you to insert, that should take care of most the of the new tiles and would mean the graphics would be like about 70% done [not including the maps & other things].

Also before I forget, when you finish all of the work, If there is enough room left I found some good indoor tiles that could be used. I just don't want all of these new tiles too take up all the room when other things need to be installed. Well who says we need a lot of npcs XD

Last edited:
Years
So here is what i was thinking:
Tileset0 has stuff like this
Spoiler:

Tileset1 Has all the other stuff you will use only for that map:
Spoiler:

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
So here is what i was thinking:
Tileset0 has stuff like this
Spoiler:

Tileset1 Has all the other stuff you will use only for that map:
Spoiler:

Sounds good BringSynTheHorizon. Thanks for the help.

I don't know which ones to keep. It doesn't matter to me. There should be tile set 0 for bushes, trees, caves etc, tile set 1 for towns & 2 for indoors [1 for any houses & 1 for poke center/ mart].

I almost forgot about a gym. Can you let me know when you are finished if there is enough room to add a new gym [if you get rid of the new one]. Can we use the black and white [the third building in column 2 from here]. Or we can use the fate black & white building the the pokeball on it[ 1st row of buildings 3rd building], or the tall building black building with blue windows [from here]. That should be all of the new tiles I want to add/replace in the hack.

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I'm slowly working adding the script. Although I forgot how to script I did some small basic things.
Sreenshots:
Spoiler:

That's right MOM is now changed to Walter from hellsing. And for now Rival has Victoria's script. I don't know If I should keep it that way and make a new script for the other hero.

Tell me what you think.

Although I'm trying to do the more advance scripts, I simple don't have the time to re-learn it and hope to get a scripter to help me out so I can relearn faster.

I hope to get more done tomorrow night :D

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
OK. I have finished doing the script for the home town. I used advanced text. I hope I can get some members on the team to help me out and add some of the features and scripting [since I can do the basic scripting]. I have tried to post the alpha of what I did. I hope it can get up and some guys want to help me out.

EDIT:
I Just finished playing the alpha, it has some minor mistakes. Which I'll fix latter/tomorrow [since its 5am now]. But there seems to be some text missing that should be there [I went over the text limit in some cases] but there is some text that doesn't appear yet... I still need to see why.
1aK+F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Last edited:

Ash Ketchum 11

I'm around if you need anything. And hackmew might be on to ask about the missing words?

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I'm around if you need anything. And hackmew might be on to ask about the missing words?
Thanks man. I'll contact him when I can to later. I was working on it late last night into early this morning so it just may have been me being tired.

Anyway I have emailed you again to see if you can help me out the the other scripts I can't do right now.

I do have emails with my username but I forgot my passwords & other stuff to log in again so I'm using 1 of my emails that I know by heart XD

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
sorry I could work on the hack I got sick. I'll work on it soon. For now check out your new charmander
View attachment 71669

What do you think? charmander & charmeleon are the only 2 from the charizard line I'm editing since then charizard will be replaced by its shiny & the mega evolution will be its X version.

credit goes to Chaos Rush and the guys over at his
The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource thread for the new sprites.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Blah
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Short Autobiography: Love Pokemon, Would Like To Bring The New Stuff Back To The GBA

Past experience: Spent Loads Of Time Editing Random Maps When Bored

Skills: Mapping, Cannot Script Or Make New Tiles, But Can Make Maps From Scratch And Insert Warps And Connections And Banks

Experience example(s): h t t p : / / i . i m g u r . c o m / K i 7 O 4 c M . p n g (Under Certain Amount Of Posts So No Links Allowed!

Time Zone: GMT + 0:00

Availability: Most Days After 16:00

Contact Information: Just Message My Account On This Site

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Short Autobiography: Love Pokemon, Would Like To Bring The New Stuff Back To The GBA

Past experience: Spent Loads Of Time Editing Random Maps When Bored

Skills: Mapping, Cannot Script Or Make New Tiles, But Can Make Maps From Scratch And Insert Warps And Connections And Banks

Experience example(s): h t t p : / / i . i m g u r . c o m / K i 7 O 4 c M . p n g (Under Certain Amount Of Posts So No Links Allowed!

Time Zone: GMT + 0:00

Availability: Most Days After 16:00

Contact Information: Just Message My Account On This Site

Nice. Welcome to the team. And don't worry i have the tiles. Im trying to insert them without errors with help from syn.

tayub121

Inventor
Years
View attachment 71686
Here is Charmander with a palette change. I don't have the same sprite as the one you used, but you can see my color scheme I guess.

So is your plan to change the colors for all the Pokemon?
Or are these your dark Pokemon?

The easiest way is to insert your sprite into UNLZ-GBA with the same palette and just change it in APE. It ends up looking more realistic that way as well.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
View attachment 71686
Here is Charmander with a palette change. I don't have the same sprite as the one you used, but you can see my color scheme I guess.

So is your plan to change the colors for all the Pokemon?
Or are these your dark Pokemon?

The easiest way is to insert your sprite into UNLZ-GBA with the same palette and just change it in APE. It ends up looking more realistic that way as well.

Thanks for the info & better looking charmander. If it's fine by you, can I use its palette for some of other mons.
I was hoping to change all the colors for pokemon. However the players dark pokemon will be better.

Last edited:
Back