• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ace Phantom Custom Tiles

What do you think of my tiles??

• Total voters

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Improved tiles

After i get all the comments,i try to improved my tiles..
here it is..
some are the same while some i make amendments...
so comment on them guys..XD
a48zy9.jpg

Here the tiles i improved on..{not all of them}
2nhq0pi.jpg

here is more torn world tiles i added..I will add more of them in time to come..XD

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
a new tile

since i was send home from school and has to stay at home for two days,i decided to make a tile...
here it is...
see if there is any improvements i can implement...{for now,this tile is not for public but those tile before this post is for public...

Comment/Critism i can accept,no matter how harsh it is..XD

zxs46p.png

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Spoiler:

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
After i get all the comments,i try to improved my tiles..
here it is..
some are the same while some i make amendments...
so comment on them guys..XD
a48zy9.jpg

Here the tiles i improved on..{not all of them}
2nhq0pi.jpg

here is more torn world tiles i added..I will add more of them in time to come..XD

White building: I'll go from the top. White in my opinion Isn't very good a good color for a building. Also In you other sprites the light is coming from the left in this one it's coming from the right. Make it so the light comes from the same direction in all your sprites.

Blue checker roofed house: Not really any complaints.

Yellow house: No complaints.

Brick house: work on shading the white part.

Red house: No complaints.

Blue house: Hmmm... this house bugs me for some reason. maybe make the building part shorter by say 5 pixels?

Blue house with brown roof: the roof is weird. prehaps you should make the building part Skinnier? and shade the roof.

Short brick house: again shade the white part.

green house: make the roof shorter.(just what I think though)

PC: shade the roof.

Overall your not all that bad. You just need to hone your skills when it comes to shading. Good luck.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Spoiler:

White building: I'll go from the top. White in my opinion Isn't very good a good color for a building. Also In you other sprites the light is coming from the left in this one it's coming from the right. Make it so the light comes from the same direction in all your sprites.

Blue checker roofed house: Not really any complaints.

Yellow house: No complaints.

Brick house: work on shading the white part.

Red house: No complaints.

Blue house: Hmmm... this house bugs me for some reason. maybe make the building part shorter by say 5 pixels?

Blue house with brown roof: the roof is weird. prehaps you should make the building part Skinnier? and shade the roof.

Short brick house: again shade the white part.

green house: make the roof shorter.(just what I think though)

PC: shade the roof.

Overall your not all that bad. You just need to hone your skills when it comes to shading. Good luck.

Owhokae..tnax for the comments..I am fixing them though...
I have trouble choosing the palletes to make the tiles look nice and i have problem with the shading part..xD
btw,what is your opinion on this tile...:
zxs46p.jpg

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
Years
The latest one is your best so far, no doubt.

Your older tiles in general had horribly saturated colors, that would make one think you used Ms Paint's default colors. That blue house tops the list, followed by the yellow roofed one and the green one.
Do a favor to our eyes and lower the saturation on the bright colors, please.

Then we have our black outline problems. Black outlines can be used correctly around dark colors, and shadowy places on buildings.. (Your most recent one the best example)
But then take a good hard look at that white building with the four spheres on top. The triangle on the roof with the pokeball, specifically. See how hideous it looks? White inside, with a black outline of sh it around it.. A slightly dark gray would look alot better on it.

Other houses have this problem as well, like the one with the long yellowy roof. Instead of black, a dark brown would look ten times better on it. Just remember that for light colors, a black outline is not the way to go.

You should also fix the jagged lines all over your tiles. I'd recommend to search for an 'anti-aliasing' spriting tutorial to help you out with it.

EDIT: F yeah, 15 POSTS!!!

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
The latest one is your best so far, no doubt.

Your older tiles in general had horribly saturated colors, that would make one think you used Ms Paint's default colors. That blue house tops the list, followed by the yellow roofed one and the green one.
Do a favor to our eyes and lower the saturation on the bright colors, please.

Then we have our black outline problems. Black outlines can be used correctly around dark colors, and shadowy places on buildings.. (Your most recent one the best example)
But then take a good hard look at that white building with the four spheres on top. The triangle on the roof with the pokeball, specifically. See how hideous it looks? White inside, with a black outline of sh it around it.. A slightly dark gray would look alot better on it.

Other houses have this problem as well, like the one with the long yellowy roof. Instead of black, a dark brown would look ten times better on it. Just remember that for light colors, a black outline is not the way to go.

You should also fix the jagged lines all over your tiles. I'd recommend to search for an 'anti-aliasing' spriting tutorial to help you out with it.

EDIT: F yeah, 15 POSTS!!!

Owhokae..i am going to fix them though..btw what is 'anti-aliasing'???
i am constantly improving...Xd
just need more advice an suggestion/critism to let me know my mistake

Edit:Btw here another tile i make using a source from a game{not pokemon}
2r23w28.jpg

Last edited:

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Owhokae..tnax for the comments..I am fixing them though...
I have trouble choosing the palletes to make the tiles look nice and i have problem with the shading part..xD
btw,what is your opinion on this tile...:
zxs46p.jpg

Hmmm... you do have trouble with shading...but you'll get the hang of it. If you want me to i can edit this one and show you what i mean by light coming from the same direction in all your tiles...it appears in this one...the light is coming from the right and left. Where as most of the time it comes from the upper left hand corner. If you want i can show you what i mean. Anyway i wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Hmmm... you do have trouble with shading...but you'll get the hang of it. If you want me to i can edit this one and show you what i mean by light coming from the same direction in all your tiles...it appears in this one...the light is coming from the right and left. Where as most of the time it comes from the upper left hand corner. If you want i can show you what i mean.
Sure thing..xD
i want to know how to shade my tiles..xD

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Alright i took a minute and edited this tile for you. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. This is for future reference.
egww06.png

Which looks better to you. The one on the right is the one I edited.

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Tanx..it is for a tiles on the beach/near the beach..xD

Btw..here is an edit tiles of the first one i post quite some time ago..
tell me how it has improved...
ohvjmx.jpg

Hey it looks better! But which way do you want the light to come from? Your tiles have light coming from every which-a-way. This one has light from the right so it seems. Just match up which direction the light comes from on all your tiles. It will look a lot better in my opinion.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Hey it looks better! But which way do you want the light to come from? Your tiles have light coming from every which-a-way. This one has light from the right so it seems. Just match up which direction the light comes from on all your tiles. It will look a lot better in my opinion.
Owhkae tanx...this is tanxs to you man...you teach me quite a thing..xD...
but i still need improving to be good like you..xD

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
Years
Owhokae..i am going to fix them though..btw what is 'anti-aliasing'???
i am constantly improving...Xd
just need more advice an suggestion/critism to let me know my mistake

Edit:Btw here another tile i make using a source from a game{not pokemon}
2r23w28.jpg
isnt that the card shop from megaman starforce

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
I have some advice, some of your tiles are saved as JPEG and/or BMP, both are very bad to save your artwork as. I did notice some of them are PNG. PNG is what you want to go with all the time, it does not distort your artwork like JPEG will

Back