• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ace Phantom Custom Tiles

What do you think of my tiles??

• Total voters

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
  • I have some advice, some of your tiles are saved as JPEG and/or BMP, both are very bad to save your artwork as. I did notice some of them are PNG. PNG is what you want to go with all the time, it does not distort your artwork like JPEG will
    yeah..i know..some of them i save them wrongly..my bet..xD...
    but i am gonna change my atyle of making the tiles so just wait for new tiles..xD

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • A new improved tileset
    C n C
    Here is the tile i have make and are constantly improving them as my skills in spriting increased..xD..rate them kae??...
    Tileset.jpg

Tornworldtiles.jpg

I make all the tiles from scratch

Edit:My newest tile
    capsolcorp.png

Sorry for double posting but i neeed to have my tile to be view by people and receive comment and critism..

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I'd suggest using something like this for a base...
    2mnp4r7.png

Notice each tile is 16x16...
    Another thing...the doors on the building should be 16x16 and have an outline like this...
    23udllk.png

And should go directly on on one of the tiles in the base.
    With that in mind try making a house with that info and I'll give you C+C on it...and so on... look at this as a spriting lesson i suppose... I wish you luck!

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • These are really good keep up the good, work and i think you could make some better :P also try making trainer sprites im positve that you can :D

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Sorry it took me so long to comment, eh? Well your tiles are looking better... why did you go against what i said? I said the door tile must be put right on top of the 16x16 pixel tile... so now next thing the houses must be centered on the tile so it will work In-game. like so...
    30lgqrt.png

Try using this base to make a tile... then make a triangle roofed house house... with the same basic idea... then I'll be back, eh?

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Better but, not quite. Your gonna have to rearrange a few things shown in the pic below...
    2dv0c51.png

notice i moved the door a bit so that the house is centered inside the squares.

Next on your triangle roofs extend them back a bit more say 5-7 pixels?

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Better but, not quite. Your gonna have to rearrange a few things shown in the pic below...
    2dv0c51.png

kae,tanx dude..i will keep this in mind when making a new tile

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Better but, not quite. Your gonna have to rearrange a few things shown in the pic below...
    2dv0c51.png

I really don't see the difference in these pics =/
    But as for your lamp post, I think it could use a bit more shading

:t354:TG

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I really don't see the difference in these pics =/
    But as for your lamp post, I think it could use a bit more shading

Really? look closely in the first one the house is not centered in the second one it is... the smallest things are the most important things in tiles/all sprites...

Anyway any new tiles to look forward to? Perhaps a skyscraper?

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • No! don't look at mine cause its looks horrible... look at the one in one of my vm's to Hall of Famer for ideas... k?

I really love them (not kidding here) I just had a problem with the lamp post thats all, but you said it wasn't yours

Yeah sure thing dude...{reffering to Reck}...xdI will have a look at them

abd tanx for the compliment..the lamopst was a ripped from another game,it looks great that is why i posted it too...xD

Back