• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime that you miss

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • What are some of the anime series that have finished/were cancelled that you miss the most? Why?

I'd have to say the anime I miss the most would be Yugioh GX. That was ~the bomb~ back when I was a kid.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Fairy Tail :( I'm hoping it is just a long hiatus, rather than a total cancellation, but that anime was amazing. It was a great mix of humour and fighting and emotional bits ;-;.

Also bleach, ending it when there was one final arc to animate was a stupid decision. I expect it will be back, at some point.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I really wish there was more Soul Eater. From what I know the manga is still going so there's more to the story. However, I haven't read it so maybe it's different than the show or wouldn't work out as an anime.

I could always use more Sword Art Online. That was a really good anime as well, but they haven't said anything about a second season yet. D:

Years
  • The one that jumps to mind is Kokoro Connect since that scandal has caused to finish long before the visual novels.

Of course I miss all of the other good one's too mind you.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Fairy Tail :( I'm hoping it is just a long hiatus, rather than a total cancellation, but that anime was amazing. It was a great mix of humour and fighting and emotional bits ;-;.

Can't say I agree with any of that but a second season was confirmed ages ago.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'd love to see Yu Yu Hakusho extended. Yusuke's final fight was awesome.

Preach it!

I want to see more Soul Eater because I binge watched that and I was so disappointed when it was over. Far too much went unclarified, I think, and there's potential for far more development in all the characters.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • This is the biggest reason why I've switched from watching dubs to subs. I can think of a few dubbed anime which ended prematurely. And then when I have to transition to the sub, even though I might not have minded the dub VAs, it's just to strange.

Yugioh GX, mentioned in the OP, along with a majority of anime I watched as a child on Toonami such as Zatch Bell, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, are some reasons why.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • As great as it would be to see new episodes of Cowboy Bebop, I'm very glad that it ended when it did and wasn't drawn out for any longer. Indeed, many of the anime that I like either ended at the right time or already past their prime. Because of that, I don't really miss any of them, as I can always just watch my favourite episodes again knowing that the quality is just as good as I remember it. As much as things going on forever sounds nice in principle, it will just turn into a Simpsons scenario in which what you once loved becoming a shell of its former self.

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
    Years
  • I would love for D Gray Man and Hitman Reborn! to continue and remake Ao no Exorcist without the original anime content.

I would be onboard for more Deadman Wonderland as long as they don't leave out anything else -_-"

NameMeansAll

Stay true-anything is Possible
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2013
    Card Captor Sakura Played in the morning before or after Pokemon on TV. I miss watching every morning it was on. I never seen it anywhere else on TV . For me at least.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One anime that I really miss is MegaMan. MegaMan NT Warrior, to be exact. It was a great series, and when I was younger, I used to watch it every day on Kids' WB as soon as I got home after school. It sucks that they had to end it, though, because if they kept it alive, it probably would've been able to compete head-to-head with anime like Pokémon and Beyblade. I also liked their Star Force series, but in my opinion, it just wasn't as good as NT Warrior. D:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Two anime that aired here years ago immediately come to mind.

The first, Shaman King, aired here around 2005/6/7 (I think it was before the Fox Kids channel was replaced by Jetix, I could be wrong though). I hate to sound like I'm clouded by nostalgia, but SK was better written (in general, I don't really know about the dub's reception, and I've read the manga) than the anime they're airing now.
    The second, Medabots, aired around 2007/8. I don't remember much, but I think it stopped shortly after the World Tournament arc? Looking back on it, both the writing and humour was decent, same goes for the dub.

Years
  • On one hand, there are some that should be left be to preserve it's sanctity and hallowed status, (See Cowboy Bebop) and there are some that I think could be brought back and still be good if written correctly. I'd love to see more Big-O, Gurren Laggan, Code Geass, FMA, etc, but since they all had good endings, part of me wants to leave them be.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I loved Azumanga Daioh, but both the manga and anime have long since finished. I'd love to see more of their antics, though. ^-^

Also, there's Ghost Hunt. Apparently, only the first half of the manga ever became an anime, at least to my understanding. A second season would be very welcome. At least tie up loose ends!

Years
  • Bleach needs to come back :I

Highschool of the dead needs a second season to! D: the manga went on hiatus. Again. >__>

I also wouldn't mind a soul eater reboot of the anime that follows the manga more. Soul eater manga ended and it was EPIC.

Same thing could be said about Deadman Wonderland.

Hmmmmm..... Oh ya, Beelzebub! Argh, anime ended because it wasn't that popular D: it is freaking epic xD so funny... I want the anime back Q_Q

Good thing manga still going though.

Back