• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Currently, there are 40 unused type combos.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022
    I'd love to see a grass-dragon type. It'd probably look really cool, and I'd expect it to do alright gameplay-wise despite the 4x ice weakness.
    Am I the only one disappointed that Ninetales didn't gain a part Fairy-type?
    Also, Normal-Ghost would be incredibly powerful. Immune to Fighting, Normal, and Ghost, and weak only to Dark.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2014
    Fire/Water and Ghost/Psychic are used typings. The pokemon are in the coding for X/Y, they just weren't released yet - think Genesect - their names are Volcanion and Hoopa respectively.

That being said, I'd love to see a Normal/Ghost pokemon, and maybe something with Poison?
    Its only real (competitive) value is the status inflicting and even that can be done by other Pokemon so, maybe strong Poison Pokemon with creative type combinations could change that (I'm looking forward specially for Poison/Steel and Poison/Psychic)

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Fire/Grass! Been wanting this type combination since the original games haha. I think it would be SO cool to have and definitely the one I am rooting for most next gen :D

aro

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    A grass/ghost pokemon would be cool!

Last edited:

Emerald_Fire

(Insert Espurr meme here)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    Fire/Water and Ghost/Psychic are used typings. The pokemon are in the coding for X/Y, they just weren't released yet - think Genesect - their names are Volcanion and Hoopa respectively.

*ahem*
    I already addressed this. I said that there are 40 that you cannot get at all through normal gameplay. You can't get Volcanion and Hoopa through normal means yet, so they count as "unused".

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • Surprised Electric/Dark hasn't been done yet - a lot of people mistook the Shinx line for that typing, anyway.

On the ideas front, Ghost/Rock could be done all right, maybe as a golem or something of the like. Stones assembling themselves into shapes. Could even be a legendary with multiple forms. Fairy/Dark is easy enough, there are more than enough evil fairies around.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    I could imagine the Fire/Poison typing to be a good starter, and, I desperately want a Bug/Dragon! Yanmega could become it if it gets a mega, just please Nintendo, give us a beefed up Bug.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    We've never had any poison-steel Pokémon, have we? Well, I'd really like to see one. I could imagine it to look sort of like a snail, maybe, and have a shell made of metal. xD It'd be nice if they'd given us a ghost- and psychic-type as well.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Fire/Grass! Been wanting this type combination since the original games haha. I think it would be SO cool to have and definitely the one I am rooting for most next gen :D

Torchwood-hd.png

...oh wait, wrong game. >.>

Anyway, yeah, I agree with others that Poison types need more love. :3

I'd also love to see a Grass/Dragon soon. Would be like...inspired by the earth dragon from the Chinese(?) legend that lived in bamboo forests. <3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A grass/ghost pokemon would be cool!

Phantump, Trevenant, Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist exist. They have the same typing, though it's reversed. Doesn't make much of a difference either way.

Besides the rumored Fire/Water Volcanion, I'm looking forward to a Fire/Grass Pokemon, as other people already mentioned; I hope that Game Freak makes something like Smogon's Pyroak a reality.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I want to see more of these dual types utilized, especially dragon-bug and dragon-fairy (which would be op).

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'll forgive the lack of combinations using Normal or Psychic. What I am most displeased with is the lack of a Bug/Dark type! PLENTY OF BUGS ARE SCARY OR EVIL

Fire/Water should have happened in a funky gen like Hoenn. Hah. Now we just have some weird steam Pokemon.

Dragon/Grass for Zygarde, an otherwise inferior Garchomp cousin. It can still be an overlord of the environment and dreadfully weak to Yveltal/Xerneas, just as planned?, as a Grass/Dragon legendary! Why are its STAB attacks immune to the legendaries its supposed to balance, anyway?

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I'd love to see an Electric/Psychic or Electric/Dark type.

I would also really like an Electric/Fire type that isn't Heat Rotom (since I'm not a Rotom fan. :P)

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
  • I can actually foresee a Normal/Ghost idea being plausible. Like maybe a pokemon based off the ghost of a human, lol.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I'll forgive the lack of combinations using Normal or Psychic. What I am most displeased with is the lack of a Bug/Dark type! PLENTY OF BUGS ARE SCARY OR EVIL

Fire/Water should have happened in a funky gen like Hoenn. Hah. Now we just have some weird steam Pokemon.

Dragon/Grass for Zygarde, an otherwise inferior Garchomp cousin. It can still be an overlord of the environment and dreadfully weak to Yveltal/Xerneas, just as planned?, as a Grass/Dragon legendary! Why are its STAB attacks immune to the legendaries its supposed to balance, anyway?
    I agree with the bug/dark it makes sense, and they should have made Torkoal fire/water in Hoenn.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Im not too mad about the lack of Normal/X pokemon, because it would kinda make it not normal right? But oh well. What ive really been waiting for since Gen3 or so is the addition of a freaking Electric/Dark and Electric/Fighting type!! Electric has been around for sooo long and it barely has any dual combos! (and some really suck...*cough* *Stunkfisk*). Luxray would have been the perfect dark/electric pokemon and Electivire a possible electric/fighting candidate, but no. i hope ill get to use one some day...

Back