• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Children

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • Maybe. Depending on what happens in the future. ;-; If I did, I'd want 2. No more and no less. \: Boy and a Girl, obv. :3

Years
  • No. Never. I can't stand most children, although when I was working for a short time at a kindergarten I did have some moments of "oh, well, maybe it wouldn't be so bad" but I got over those feelings when I realized it was just that I liked some of those specific kids and the fact that I didn't have to raise them from the start nor take care of them all the time.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Vendak is like my hero right now :P

No, I do not want children. Babies are gross, annoying, sticky, shrill, horrible little creatures that I don't really fancy having anywhere in my vicinity. Also, I've seen the way children suck the life out of their parents, I've seen the way my parents are now dead inside - there's just nothing left of who they were anymore. They're tired all the time. And parents always worry about their children. I couldn't live a life where I was worrying all the time. Plus, children take all your money.

Being a parent is not something I'd wish on myself or my worst enemy. It's really not a life I want for myself. Plus there's that whole overpopulation thing that terrifies me half to death...

But if I were to become a parent, I think I'd want a boy. Though I'd like, adopt a 15-year-old one. They have trouble moving the older stock at adoption centres and a 15-year-old would be far less of a commitment than raising one from scratch :P
    Oh, you. :(

I want to have kids. I really don't care how many, nor their genders, or anything of the sort. I just want to have kids someday and the person I'm gonna be with someday had better want some too. >:<

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I'd love to have children, somewhere in the future. While at this age some people might think that babies and kids are annoying and gross, and too time consuming, etc, that will change when you have your own baby.

I'd like to have two children, and I don't really care if it's a boy or a girl. Right now I'd probably say girl, but like I said, once you have the baby, in the end it doesn't really matter anymore. What probably matters more to you at that moment is whether the child is healthy.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • I have always dreamed of having a little girl. I am not sure why. I would be happy with either a girl or boy though. Twins would be so cute too!

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Sure, why not. But for most of you who consider having children, I guess we forgot to mention that our partner needs to consent as well. And going by my character I'd prefer siding with my partner's decision.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah I'd like to have children sometime in my life. I can see perks to having either a boy or a girl, so I can't really decide. I guess that's a good thing because it's not like I can control it haha. I'd be happy with a girl or a boy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No; there are enough humans on this planet, I will not add to the problems we create.

Years
  • Me and my other half plan on trying for a baby when we move into a house (currently in a rented flat, will be moving within the next year or so).

Neither of us have a preference on gender, my other half said we have to have at least two kids (so they dont turn out to be the spoilt only child like I am lol) and I want to have them close together so there arent big age gaps.

Ayselipera

No I don't really like children at all and I really doubt I would even like my own children. Besides that there's so much that comes with having a child that I don't think I could handle. Plus I worry that if I had a child he or she may end up with a few personality traits of mine that I wouldn't want anyone to have and I can see myself feeling extremely guilty because of that.

AND BESIDES ALL OF THAT... I would just be a terrible parent, yayaya!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Yeah, I've always thought about it. I can't really think of any specifics, but a girl first would be nice.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm worried that my temper would be far too short to be a parent and I'd likely end up doing something I'd regret. Other than that, if I did want kids, that would most certainly be years down the road from now... I'm definiteyly not ready yet.

And I'd prefer a girl. Who's a super genius.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I'm seriously considering not having them, but I probably will. The thing is, I hate kids and their annoyance and naivety and won't leave you alone and curious and urghh. Like Elite said, I too am short tempered so that ain't good.

If I do, I'd want a mixture, boy first though, I was a first and I'm a guy so let's keep the ball rolling! And as I don't have a brother, don't want one either, it would be cool to have a son first, in like over 10 years. Then girls. I think I only want one son, like I'm just one with two girls. Never experience brotherhood so much and don't know what to really expect. I'd want a boy then a girl and maybe one other whichever gender. No more. Seriously. Maybe even only two.

I think boys are easier to raise, less clothes, but I might find it easier to raise girls. My family contains a lot of females.

Oh boy and girl twins would be cool, but that's like double hassle at once. And if I had a kid prior or after, they may feel left out. Like my sister and I to my other sister, even though we aren't twins, the age difference excludes the little gal.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I've no real intention of having children. The thought of kids doesn't fill be with any other emotion apart from great despondence, and I don't really like kids as they are now. Of course, this could all change in the future, but for now I'm firmly in the 'no kids' camp.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I've no real intention of having children. The thought of kids doesn't fill be with any other emotion apart from great despondence, and I don't really like kids as they are now. Of course, this could all change in the future, but for now I'm firmly in the 'no kids' camp.

You know, you could always raise your kids to be different than how kids are now a days. >__>

I really do want to have a couple kids when I find somebody for me. I don't care about gender or anything, so long as they are happy and healthy. ^__^

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • No way. I won't have any freedom to do anything with children around. I don't want to throw my life into the sewer.

My little cousin who constantly wants to play with me doesn't help my opinion of children, either.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    At the moment, I have absolutely no intentions or thoughts of having children thanks to living with the worst children I can imagine. If I have children like them, I can safely say that I'd likely end up murdering them. My mindset may change in the future, so I am not completely against the idea of it. But I'd rather have my own than adopt. That's not to say that I wouldn't care for them just as much, however.

Years
  • Yes and no. I sometimes see kids with their parents acting all cute and playing which makes me think, "awww, I want one too!" But when I see a screaming/crying kid... I just want to throw something at them. They're very annoying without a doubt, so I don't exactly know right now. But at the moment, I'm much more leaning towards no.

If I were to have kids though, I'd want boy and girl twins. Yeah, everyone wants twins nowadays.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • You know, I've always wondered what it would be like to be in my own father's position. So yeah, I could deal with one kid. ONE, no more. And a boy would be best, cuz then I'd teach him baseball, football, etc. But more than one would be exceedingly awful, and I know that for a FACT. I'm the oldest of five, and I am kinda like a third parent in the house. Which I HATE. A lot.

Back