• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Holy bejeezus. My last update was with the 1st badge, so I don't remember everything. (oops).

-Got all badges.
    -TR is DEAD.
    -E4 + Champion
    -Done.

That works, eh? Eh.

:] Emerald time

Are we not supposed to beat red before going to 3. gen?

Anyway, after 2 weeks without playing, i´m back with another Soul Silver water update!

- beat Team Rocket in Mahogany (i only had the battle with the female admin left)
    - beat Team Rocket in Goldenrod Radio tower (annoying beasts)
    - beat Goldenrod Underground (including my rival IDIOT)
    - beat the remaining Rockets (1 grunt and 3 admins? don´t they usually have far more grunts than admins)
    - went through ice path (and finally found Waterfall HM)
    - made Croco and Gyra forget Surf to make space for Waterfall. also brought 2 Thunder´s for Gyra and Light, found Rain Dance at slowpoke well for light, and spend hours in the game corner to get coins for a Swords Dance for Croco and a Rest for Muddy, who i also learned Sleep Talk
    - trained at route 45
    - beat 8. gym (but Clair refused to give me a badge)
    - went through Dragons Den (were the elder forced Clair to finally give me my badge)
    - got the (at the moment useless) Master Ball.

Last edited:

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Update 4.5:

4.5 Because this is barely an update.

-Destroyed Koga before trying to get Bruno
    -Bruno is still ruining me, but this time with his Machamp! Gawd I hate that thing. :P

END .5 UPDATE

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • Big Update.
    I am currently about to go in M. Coronet to take down Giratina. That part, yeah.
    I caught a Sudowoodo on Route 221 as soon as I could. I did it for wood hammer. That move destroys most of the opposition. I destroyed Iron Island and Byron with just sudowoodo! Then I evolved Rhyhorn into Rhydon, and later in Rhyperior when I reached Snowpoint. Candice was surprisingly tough, her team had tons of anti-Rock moves. Beat her and moved on. My pokemon are doing great. Oh yes, I LOL'd at the fact that every one of Cyrus's team is weak to rock.
    My Team

Golem/lv 47
    76.png

Rock Blast
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast
    Explosion
    Retired for a bit, i'm trying to equalize the team. Fire Blast was a spur of the moment thing to defeat Candice. It didn't work, but I have the move now.

Bastiodon/lv 46
    411.png

Toxic
    Metal Burst
    Flash Cannon
    Swagger
    Good for stalling, can win pretty much any battle, as long as the opponent doesn't OHKO Bastiodon.

Rhyperior/lv 46
    464.png

Horn Drill
    Avalanche
    Stone Edge
    Hammer Arm
    The new powerhouse. Solid Rock as an ability is just unbeatable. Definitely gonna depend on this one for E4. Especially with Rock Wrecker, the "ultimate" Rock move.

Sudowoodo/lv 46
    185.png

Low Kick
    Sucker Punch
    Wood Hammer
    Rock Slide
    Very useful for exploiting weaknesses. Wood Hammer destroys water and ground, and rock head blocks recoil. This one actually can defeat most of the E4.

Last edited:

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Small Soul Silver update:

- Forced my way to and through Victory Road
    - Beat IDIOT
    - Beat the league

And some awards for my pokemon: (for their league challenge)

M.V.P. was clearly Croco. Crunch at Will, sweeper against Koga and Bruno, the only one who could survive Karen´s Houndoom´s Nasty Plot-Dark Pulse Combo, and Ice fang was my main weapon against Lance.
    2. M.V.P. was Gyra. worked like a "extra Croco" and was my only mean of fighting Exeggutor and Vileplume
    L.V.P. was supposed to be Icy, until Lance´s very last pokemon who it got down with Perish Song, So the title goes to Tenta who only got to use Toxic Spikes

Last edited:

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • UPDATE

TYPE: Flying
    GAME: Fire Red

Decided to play on my old GameBoy SP for the nostalgia. :)

-Started with Charmander nicknamed Blaze cuz Charizard is part Flying.
    -Did lotsa stuff
    -Caught Pidgey, nicknamed Cloud
    -Charmander evolved training for Brock.

BROCK BATTLE!
    - Blaze was the main attacker while Cloud was the Sand-Attacker. Geodude was easy. Went down with 2 Metal Claws. Onix, on the other hand, was hard. Time to switch to Cloud. After about 2 minutes of spamming Sand-Attack, I switched to Blaze. Even at level 17, it took about 6 Metal Claws to finally take down his Onix.

-Progressed and bought a super cool Magikarp!
    -Spent a while training in Mt. Moon and eventually evolved my Magikarp (Sushi) into a Gyarados.

MISTY BATTLE!
    - Misty was pathetically easy. I didn't even have to switch from Cloud. Just a few Gusts did the trick for Staryu. For Starmie, I had to Sand-Attack it a bit so I could take it down without even getting hurt. I think the "I like shorts" kid was harder than her.

LT. SURGE BATTLE!
    - Voltorb went down with a Mega Punch from Blaze. Pikachu went down with an Ember. I HATE RAICHU. After 2 attempts at Surge, Raichu went down. Cheater Raichu kept spamming Double Team...I got an extremely lucky critical hit with Mega Punch, and that took it down. Jeez...

-Made my way through Rock Tunnel to get to Lavender Town.
    -Now on my way to Celadon.

The real fun of the game begins when you get through Rock Tunnel.

pkfrlg005.png
    Blaze | Lv31
    -Ember
    -Mega Punch
    -Brick Break
    -Aerial Ace

pkfrlg017.png
    Cloud | Lv30
    -Wing Attack
    -Quick Attack
    -Tackle
    -Gust

pkfrlg130.png
    Sushi | Lv31
    -Water Pulse
    -Dragon Rage
    -Tackle
    -Bite

Last edited:

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • WOW. Just WOW. I am now the first Rock Type champion. Yes, It took me this long.
    I didnt know the rock type could be so powerful and yet so fragile.

Continuing on from my past update, I owned Giratina with just Sudowoodo, went to Sunyshore, Swept there with consecutive earthquakes, then went to the Victory road. Granted, VR took me longer than I expected, I wanted to find everything. Then I challenged the E4.
    Recap of the E4
    Aaron -
    Somewhat easy, Somewhat Hard. Only Heracross gave me a hard time. Rock type pwns, along with Golem's flamethrower.
    Bertha -
    pretty hard, i had to dodge earthquakes flown at me from every direction. I mostly used Wood hammer and Avalanche.
    Flint - Swept with Rhyperior and Earthquake. I barely even took any damage.
    Lucian - a tough one. I had hoped to level Rhyperior enough to learn Megahorn, but alas, he was on lv 56. So I mostly kept reviving Sudowoodo to use Sucker Punch.

Cynthia - Now there was a good battle. I wish I could have recoreded it for all to see. Basically, I used my whole team, and restarted continuously to get it just right...

Spiritomb - swept with 2 Earthquakes from Rhyperior.
    Roserade - Bastiodon Metal Bursted Energy ball back at her, leaving her with just under half health. Switched out to Lucario.
    Lucario - I predicted the switchout, and used Swagger just when Lucario came in. Lucario owned Bastiodon anyways, and I switched Rhyperior in. Used Earthquake.
    Garchomp - surprisingly easy. Full health Rhyperior took an Earthquake and sent an Avalanche back.
    Roserade again - I just sent back another Metal Burst.
    Milotic - Ah, there was the true challenge. I could never have beaten this, if it weren't for the fact that Milotic tends to use Mirror coat against Bastiodon. I Swaggered, switched out to Sudowoodo, tried to use Wood hammer twice, fail, and kept reviving and trying again, until it finally worked.
    Togekiss - I was on my last 2 pokes so it was a bit tough, but I used Avalanche and that was it.

The whole E4 must have taken me 2 hours to perfect.
    And I am now Sinnoh Champ and Ultimate Rock Champ!
    My winning team:
    Rhyperior / lv 57
    464.png

Horn Drill
    Avalanche
    Earthquake
    Megahorn
    Easily the MVP. THe powerhouse, and Solid Rock as an ability made it possible. I wouldnt stand a chance without him.

Bastiodon / lv 53
    411.png

Toxic
    Metal Burst
    Flash Cannon
    Swagger
    Very useful in the E4, especially against Cynthia. Not very useful in the rest of the run, though, hence the slight underleveling.

Sudowoodo / lv 54
    185.png

Hammer Arm
    Wood Hammer
    Sucker Punch
    Rock Slide
    Another useful player. Sure, she went down fairly easily, but her coverage, particularly Wood Hammer, contributed a lot.

Golem / lv 54
    76.png

Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast
    Explosion
    LVP. Was powerful for most of the run, but basically a weaker Rhyperior in the end. Barely played in the E4, I always preferred to revive Rhyperior. Still helped, with Fire Blast and Explosion.

Thanks to all of my competitors during this challenge!
    Blue:
    rbspr076.png
    rbspr112.png
    rbspr141.png
    rbspr142.png

Silver:
    gbs185.gif
    gbs222.gif
    gbs219.gif

Sapphire:
    pkrs072.gif
    pkrs136.gif
    pkrs125.gif
    pkrs179.gif

Platinum:
    464.png
    411.png
    185.png
    76.png

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • started on HG

-named myself Coco and my rival Momo
    -chose totodile
    -beat falkner
    -caught a mareep, forgot to nickname him grr

now just training mareep till it learns t-shock

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • Wow, haven't been on this thread in a long time...

But for good reason, I deleted my crystal save when I was cleaning up my computer, and I never had the desire to restart. Anyway, I am going to be doing it on HG now, and I just started with Totodile. Like...Just received Totodile :P

I'll be sure to update ~

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • Finally a way to make use of my pokemon game collection. I think I'll give it a try with water type pokemon. I'll be playing on Emulators except for diamond version. So Red-> Gold-> Ruby-> Diamond. Cool?

Last edited:

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • This sounds like fun. I don't suppose I'd still be allowed join, would I? If so I'd like to do this for the fire type, starting on Blue, then on to Crystal, then to Emerald, and finaly Pearl.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • This sounds like fun. I don't suppose I'd still be allowed join, would I? If so I'd like to do this for the fire type, starting on Blue, then on to Crystal, then to Emerald, and finaly Pearl.
    Of course you can join. Alakazam will put you in shortly.

In other news: lots of update.

Monotype Ghost: Silver Version (from the GSC Monotype thread)
    Spoiler:

Aaaaaand mono Sapphire, from R/S/E Monotype thread
    Spoiler:

Some of it may not make perfect sense, because as I stated above, these are direct replicas of the ones I did in the individual challenges. But anyways, I am on 4th Gen now.

Last edited:
    Years

Hey, I saw this thread a while ago and decided to give it a try.

I'll be using the bug type. I want a challenge XD

Game 1: FR emulator (sorry my yellow is in spanish, which I can't read)
    Game 2: HG (don't want to restart crystal)
    Game 3: Ruby emulator (can't find emerald)
    Game 4: Diamond

Kanto Team:

Venomoth
    Parasect
    Scyther

(don't worry, I'll use weedle as soon as i can, but box it when I have paras)

Is that okay?

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • This should be my 2nd to last update for the Kanto part of my challenge. 7 badges, I'll update again after beating the E4.

ERIKA BATTLE!
    - Tangela was super easy, went down with a Flamethrower. Victreebell was the same. Vileplume took 2 Flamethrowers, poisoning me before the second flamethrower. Easier than Misty.

-Beat the Rockets at the Game Corner.
    -Beat the Rockets at the Pokemon Tower.
    -Beat the Rockets at Silph Co. Bye bye, Team Rocket.
    -Went to the Safari Zone to get a Dratini.
    -Bought a Dratini at the Game Corner after spending 2 hours trying to catch one.
    -Went to Fuschia to take down Koga.

KOGA BATTLE!
    - Koga's first Koffing went down after poisoning my Pidgeot. His Muk went down after poisoning Charizard. His second Koffing went down after poisoning Dratini. His Weezing went down after poisoning Gyarados. So I basically beat him after he poisoned my whole party. The jerk.

-Went back to Saffron, beat the Fighting Dojo dudes, getting a Hitmonchan I'll never use.
    -Spent about 10 minutes trying to get through Sabrina's gym. I always hated that gym.

SABRINA BATTLE!
    - 2 Wing Attacks took down Kadabra easily. No damage yet. 3 Wing Attacks took down Mr. Mime. Just a little damage from its Psybeam. Venomoth was a joke. 1 Flamethrower took care of it. Alakazam got a CH on both Charizard and Pidgeot, making them both faint. Gyarados finished it with a couple of Bites.

-Trained more.
    -Surfed down to Cinnabar.
    -Did the whole mansion thing, got the key.
    -Got all questions correct on the quiz things in the gym.

BLAINE BATTLE!
    - Gyarados shined in this battle. Took nearly everything down in 1-2 hits of Surf. Growlithe was one hit. Ponyta was one hit. Rapidash was 2 hits, and Arcanine took 4 hits for some reason. Easy battle, just like Misty and Erika.

pkfrlg006.png
    Charizard | Lv45
    -Flamethrower
    -Aerial Ace
    -Slash
    -Ember

pkfrlg018.png
    Pidgeot | Lv46
    -Wing Attack
    -Fly
    -FeatherDance
    -Quick Attack

pkfrlg130.png
    Gyarados | Lv47
    -Surf
    -Bite
    -Hydro Pump
    -Twister

pkfrlg148.png
    Dragonair | Lv45
    -Surf
    -Slam
    -Thunder Wave
    -Agility

Last edited:

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Update 4.75:

Bruno is STILL being annoying with his Machamp. :P Will go again after grinding up money, and then buying enough Items to last my Sneasel, known as Black Ace. :D Also have an Eevee which I'm planning on EXP. Sharing with Black Ace while I Grind for Money. If anyone gets the refference though, I'll be glad. :D

END UPDATE

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    @Aquerex: Getting through Sabrina´s gym is just going ether up/down the whole time or going left/right the whole time (or walking right, up, and then left/right all the time, that´s faster)

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
  • I'm currently doing flying-type on Pokemon LeafGreen.

My team's in my sig, as well as the badges I have earned.
    I'll update appropriately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back