• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
  • Yay! First update. and I just had an awesome idea. I'll do all the posts like journal entries! Alright! Here it goes! Also this will have what happened today and yesterday.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Day 1
    Today I start my Pokemon journey. In a little bit I'll be heading out to catch my first Pokemon. I'll be doing my best to find a fire type, since I plan on becoming the world greatest fire type trainer. I just need to finish breakfast and I'll be on my way.

It's about an hour since my first entire and while I was on my way to find a Pokemon, that old professor that lives nearby stopped me and is dragging me back to his lab. I wonder what he wants.

I can't believe it! He gave me a Pokemon! He just gave me a Pokemon free of charge! And best of all, the Pokemon I got was Charmander! I fire type! I decided to name if Celebrant. That's the name of the King of Dragons in the book I'm reading. Their was another kid their too, and after I got my Pokemon he challenged me to a battle. I kinda lost, so that wasn't the best way to start out my journey, but I'm sure I'll win the next time we meet.

Well that's just great. Some dude in the poke' mart in Viridian City is making me deliver a package to the Professor all the way back in Pallet Town. This sucks. Now I have to walk all the way back.

Well, I can finally remember the name of the professor. It's Oak. I gave him the package and then he gave me and the other kid something called a poke'dex. Tjen he said something about it being an electroinc encyclapedia. I didn't pay much attention. As I look at it now though, I'm starting to think I should have paided attention as theirs no data. I hope he doesn't want me to fill it. Anyway, I did some training with Celebrant and I plan to spend the night in the poke' center here in Viridian, and tomorrow it's off to Viridian Forest!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Day 2
    Well, it's about mid afternoon, and I just got out of the Forest. It wasn't as hard as people have told me. Then again, bugs arn't much of a match against a fire spewing king. Oh, and guess who I encountered before I got to the forest. I was in the middle of some early morning training before heading off to the forest when I found that kid form before. We had a battle and I won this time! It was awesome! And he had two pokemon to my one! Afterward he said something about the pokemon league and after reading about that I decided to take the gym challange. Anyway that's done and overwith and now it's time to face the gym.

Well, I won! First time too. And Fire types are weak against Rock types. Not my Celebrant though. He's unbeatable. Anyway, it's almost dark now. I think I'll take on mount moon tomorrow.

Celebrant Evolved!!!!!!!

Well that's my first update. I hope it was entertaining.

Current Team
    Lv. 16
    rbspr005.png

Celebrant (Charmeleon)
    Ember
    Scrach
    Growl
    Leer

Last edited:

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • @Aquerex: Getting through Sabrina´s gym is just going ether up/down the whole time or going left/right the whole time (or walking right, up, and then left/right all the time, that´s faster)

'O_O Wow. What a waste of my time, then.

KANTO REGION COMPLETE!

WOOT!! =D

-After Blaine, I went to the Sevii Islands, trained, went back.
    -Went to Viridian to take on Giovanni.
    -Beat all the trainers in the Gym with Gyarados and Charizard.

GIOVANNI BATTLE!
    - Rhyhorn and Dugtrio went down with Surf from Gyarados. I tried using Charizard for Nidoqueen, but her Body Slam got a CH and took out Charizard. Pidgeot finished Nidiqueen and did a significant amount of damage to Nidoking before he finished her. Dragonair finished Nidoking. Just the last Rhyhorn left. Dragonair quickly finished it with Surf. Hardest Gym Leader yet.

-Went to Victory Road.
    -Beat all the trainers getting through.
    -Got to the Indigo Plateau.
    -Spent ALL of my money thus far on Full Restores and Revives.
    -Took my first steps into the E4 area.

LORELEI BATTLE!
    - First of all, Lorelei was no match for my Pokemon. I hadn't realized how overleveled I'd been until the E4. Most of my Pokemon were around Lv.62
    -Gyarados practically solo'd Lorelei, taking down Dewgong, Cloyster, and Slowbro with Thunder. Charizard almost beat Jynx, but her Ice Punch froze Charizard, beating him after 3 more Ice Punches. Dragonite's Outrage finished Jynx, and his Thunder finished Lapras. So far, so good.

BRUNO BATTLE!
    -Bruno was easier than Lorelei, landing only one hit on my Pokemon.
    -Onix=Surf. Hitmonchan=Fly. Hitmonlee=Fly. Onix=Surf. Machamp=Wing Attack. Machamp managed a Cross Chop on my Pidgeot before it was quickly defeated. EASY.

AGATHA BATTLE!
    -Agatha was conisderably harder than both Lorelei and Bruno. She took down one Pokemon before defeat.
    -Gengar took 2 Bites to go down, but not before using Toxic on Gyarados. Great. Dragonite and Thunder took down Golbat. Risking losing Gyarados, I switched him in and barely took down Haunter. I switched to my HM Slave to heal Gyarados with a Full Restore. Arbok took Charizard and Flamethrower to be finished. The last Gengar was hard, taking 4 Bites, and putting Gyarados to sleep. OK, getting harder...

LANCE BATTLE!
    -Lance would've been pretty easy if Dragon types didn't have weaknesses to Electric attacks.
    -Gyarados went down with Dragonite's Thunder. I had to depend on Outrage for Dragonair, it went down with 2 Outrages. I used the same strategy for the next Dragonair, luckily not hitting myself in confusion. Gyarados' Surf got a CH on Aerodactyl, taking it down. MY Dragonites Outrage almost worked for HIS Dragonite, but his Hyper Beam took me out...I had to switch back to the HM slave to heal Dragonite to take his Dragonite out. Ok, really hard. If he's this hard, I'm not sure how I can do against my Rival...

CHAMPION BATTLE!
    -My rival was a little bit easier than Lance. I had pretty much all of the type advantages for his team.
    -Pidgeot was a joke. Thunder made quick work of it. 3 Bites took care of Alakazam. Going good so far. Surf for Rhydon. Wow, I thought my Rival would be harder than th- AH! FUTURE SIGHT! Aw, there goes Gyarados... Charizard took care of Exeggcutor. Arcanine was easy due to Dragonite's Surf. Finally....Blastoise. Dragonite, use Thunder! *did a little over half damage* Blastoise used Rain Dance! It started raining! Dragonite, use Thunder! Missed! Blastiose used Hydro Pump *does a little damage* Dragonite, use Thunder! DEFEATED.

I...We...We did it...We did it! WE DID IT!!!! =D

(Some details aren't accurate. I didn't record this as I went.)

FINAL TEAM

pkfrlg006.png
    Charizard | Lv63
    -Aerial Ace
    -Flamethrower
    -Overheat
    -Earthquake

Charizard was really effective during much of the E4. Out of my whole team, I'd give it 3rd place.

pkfrlg018.png
    Pidgeot | Lv62
    -Wing Attack
    -Mirror Move
    -Feather Dance
    -Fly

Not really helpful during the E4. LVP I'd say. Sorry, Pidgeot. 4th place.

pkfrlg130.png
    Gyarados | Lv64
    -Bite
    -Thunder
    -Surf
    -Flamethrower

MVP for sure! Gyarados did most of the work during the E4. =D 1st Place!

pkfrlg149.png
    Dragonite | Lv64
    -Outrage
    -Wing Attack
    -Surf
    -Thunder

Did a lot of the work during the E4. A little more than Charizard, but not quite as much as Gyarados. 2nd place!

Ok! So that's 1/4 of my challenge completed! Off to Johto! =D
    -SOUL SILVER, COMING UP!

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
  • UPDATE

Just finished Misty.

Happenings since Brock:

-Bought the Magikarp in the Pokecenter in front of Mt. Moon
    -Caught a Zubat
    -Level grinded like hell so Pidgey could evolve into Pidgeotto and Magikarp could evolve into Gyarados

Misty's gym:
    Pidgeotto made quick work of Staryu, and despite Starmie confusing Gyarados with Water Pulse and even healing up with a Super Potion, the half-psychic type stood no chance against the dark-type Bite.

CURRENT TEAM:
    Charmeleon, 20
    Gyarados, 20
    Pidgeotto, 18
    Spearow, 17
    Butterfree, 16
    Zubat, 10

NOW FOR NUGGET BRIDGE SO I CAN GET ME ONTO THE S.S. ANNE

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Can i begin on a Bug challenge on top of the water challenge i am already playing? Cuz my DS play time will be interrupted by siblings who want to play too(we have 1 DS and 3 Game boy´s for us to share. Mostly my siblings stick with the computer but... not in the vacations)
    I will play Leaf Green --> Soul Silver(Emulator or real) -->Emerald(Emulator) -->Platinum

EDIT: as for my water challenge i´ve been playing in the battle factory for some time to get a new move, but dropped it.

Years
  • this sounds really fun!
    i think ill try it..
    hmm.. ill do.. poison!
    ill get started right now on blue!
    should i post videos of gym battles or just post how i did?

Insane85

Bored
    Years
  • After reading this I decided to have a go with Fire, starting on Pokemon Red.

I chose Charmander, leaving it un-named before blasting through everything up to Brock... at which point I quick did some grinding to lvl 16 before taking him out without much trouble and advancing through Mt Moon. I had to come back for PP at one point there, but no real danger at any point.
    Quickly heading through and up the Nugget Bridge, obliterating my rival and getting to Bill, in the process getting this Charmeleon into a Charizard, and heading down and wiping out Misty.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Game cart disappeared mysteriously. Going to be starting Emerald again via Emulation. I know what I need to do differently this time. It still requires me to have Ninjask, which is a less than desirable result.

At least I have harden...

Years
  • my first update! i had to start over because i didn't save my records on notepad..

i almost lost my first battle against my rival, i had to use my potion, and, even then, i ended up with 4 hp left! i never chose bulbasaur before.. this should be interesting.

after delivering oaks parcel, i ran back to the pokemart, leveling bulbasaur to level 8. after buying 8 pokeballs, i went to route 22 to catch the nidorans. after catching them, i leveled them all up to level 10(excluding bulbasaur, lvl 11) and fought my rival. harder than it should've been.. bulbasaur was left with 12 hp, and nidoran♀ was with 6

I just ran through viridian forrest. beedrills aren't that strong, so i'll just skip catching weedle. trained on route 2 till they were at lvl 15. im just gonna demolish brock with bulbasaur

Brock.. was so much.. easier than i thought, surprisingly. i just used vinewhip once on geodude and onix and they were gone. bulbasaur made it to lvl 16 by beating geodude, so now i gots me an ivysaur :D. next stop, mt moon!

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
  • Things that have happened since my last update:
    -Boarded the S.S.Anne
    -Embarrassed my rival, Derp.
    -Got HM01
    -Evolved Zubat
    -Evolved Spearow
    -Caught a Sandshrew for the sake of having a HM slave, as I didn't want Charmeleon getting stuck with Cut.

Gym Battle:
    I don't know how the hell I did it, but I battled Lt. Surge and beat him on my first attempt. My Charmeleon stomped on Voltorb and Pikachu, but I switched to Fearow when he brought out Raichu, fearing the worst. My speed is through the roof with Fearow, so I whittled his health down halfway with a Fury Attack that hit 5 times, paralyzing itself because of Raichu's Static. Raichu tried using Thunder Wave, but it had no effect on the already paralyzed Fearow. Fearow then got stuck in paralysis the next turn as Raichu used Double Team. In the next turn, Raichu struck Fearow with Shock Wave, leaving him at 7 HP, but Fearow took down Raichu with another Fury Attack, sealing the deal and winning me the Thunderbadge.

Current Team:
    Charmeleon, 26
    Gyarados, 23
    Pigeotto, 23
    Fearow, 23
    Butterfree, 22
    Golbat,22

Last edited:
    Years
  • wow.. i have no life.. 2 updates in the same day.. i haven't actually even been put on the list yet.. :P

i swept through route 3's trainers quickly, just to hurry up and get zubat so i can start training. I decided that zubat will take on jigglypuffs and the rest of my team will support. bad idea. i completely forgot that you can't choose an attack for when you wake up, so jigglypuff keeps on making you sleep, which is totally bogus :/
    the plus side of this, the nidorans evolved, so now i don't have to do the alt codes to get the male and female signs anymore :D

once zubat made it to lvl 15, i to my nido-twins into mt. moon to do some training. i met a lass who came very close to fainting nidorina, leaving her with 7 hp.. damn sing.. i'm spending more time running back and forth fromm the pokemon center because of zubats leech life. during my escapades, i found 2 moon stones, which i will use in the near future for my currently level 20 nidos. i found a super-nerd, whom had a couple of fossils. after i took him out, i took the dome fossil, kind of on accident. i moved left once. im at the end! ill see the light of day again!

when i chose which game i wanted to do, i thought, "Hey! I used to have blue! I'll do that one!" but i didn't take into consideration that i could get an ekans in red.. all i have to catch are sandshrews now.. i'm not going to, but still. good training though. more exp than any of the other pokemon on that patch of grass

after beating my rival and nugget bridge with ease, i went up to route 25 and caught me a bellsprout, a pokemon i used for my original team on blue :D. I then went back down to the sandshrew route and trained like crazy til 25

while training nidorino, i decided that he learned all the moves he could, so i gave him a moon stone at 23 so he can learn thrash. i then replaced tackle with mega punch. I also gave nidorina the moonstone,because i'd really rather have bodyslam of bite. this updates just full of evolutions.. zubat evolves at 22. and i think bellsprout will follow at 21

I got tired of trying to level up weepinbell with wild pokemon, so i went to the gym to get to 25.. hopefully

Misty couldn't be easier. i just used one vine whip with weepinbell and staryu went down, and it took 3 for starmie. easy. next stop, vermillion for lt. surge!

My current team.. forgot to nickname them, so i will in lavender

Nidoking/Nidoking

Level 25
    -Mega Punch
    -Thrash
    -Poison Sting
    -Horn Attack
    Stats
    Atk-58
    Dfn-53
    Spd-56
    Spc-52

Ivysaur/Ivysaur

Level 25
    -Tackle
    -Poison Powder
    -Leech Seed
    -Vine Whip
    Stats
    Atk-45
    Dfn-45
    Spd-46
    Spc-56

Nidoqueen/Nidoqueen

Level 25
    -Body Slam
    -Seismic Toss
    -Poison Sting
    -Scratch
    Stats
    Atk-54
    Dfn-58
    Spd-53
    Spc-49

Golbat/Golbat

Level 25
    -Leech Life
    -Confuse Ray
    -Bite
    -Bide
    Stats
    Atk-57
    Dfn-45
    Spd-47
    Spc-50

Weepinbell/Weepinbell

Level 24
    -Vine Whip
    -Sleep Powder
    -Wrap
    -Stun Spore
    Stats
    Atk-58
    Dfn-35
    Spd-39
    Spc-49

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I would like to join the challenge. Ill be starting in pokemon Red then going to pokemon Gold then to pokemon sapphire then to pokemon Diamond. Ill be using Dragon types and will be trading over a lvl 5 dragon when I begin.

Years
  • Viridian Forest

I just found out that people just kinda start O_o woops.

Anyway, I can't really think about any way to make this very interesting, so i decided to make my posts funny.

Over the course of my challenge, I'll be talking about little quirks about the game, be it random info, or my past experiences.

Anyway, my first game is firered. I went all the way to viridian forest with DEMEETREE, my squirtle (the name gives away I won't be using it), and caught buggette, my caterpie. I don't think I'll end up using her b/c butterfree is a bit too weak for me. Anyways, I finished halfway through viridian forest with buggette as a metapod.

Isn't it weird that Metapod has 10 less base attack than Caterpie? But higher Sp.Attack by 5?

Years
  • this one's gonna be kinda long, so i'll put it in a spoiler

Spoiler:

Apparently Bulbapedia is broken or something, so I'll use sprites from psypokes

My Team

Vampire/Golbat
    042.png

Level 44

-Leech Life
    -Wing Attack
    -Haze
    -Bite

Root/Victreebel
    071.png

Level 41

-Vine Whip
    -Mega Drain
    -Cut
    -Acid

King/Nidoking
    034.png

Level 45

-Mega Punch
    -Thrash
    -Thunderbolt
    -Earthquake

Seed/Venusaur
    003.png

Level 45

-Tackle
    -Toxic
    -Razor Leaf
    -Vine Whip

Queen/Nidoqueen
    031.png

Level 45

-Seismic Toss
    -Body Slam
    -Strength
    -Surf

Years
  • Bought a BUTT LOAD of revives(50, to be exact) and enetered the gym

Root's still fainting the most.. disapointing.. i might have to drop her.. maybe..

I saved my game right infront of her, knowing i was gonna die a few times. Victreebel was the first to faint(surprise surprise!). Then i sent out nidoking, thinking, maybe earthquake will kill them.. it did. it one hitted ALL of her pokemon. I was surprised! Easiest battle yet! Next in line, Blaine! I didn't want to surf from fuschia alllll the way to cinabar(think i spelt it wrong..), so i grab my HM slave, spearow, and flew to pallet town.

In the mansion, i found a new addition to my team! Gassy, the Koffing! Hopefully, He'll do better than that victreebel.. Almost right after i found Gassy, I found missing link in my team, Gunk, the grimer! I had to catch them up with the rest so i went to fuschia to fight those high-leveled birds. While training, Gassy evolved! Good thing he did. He was pretty weak when i found him... Shortly after Gassy, Gunk followed by evolving into a Muk!(Muk is also one of my favorites :D)

After grinding like a female houndour :D, i got Gunk and Gassy up to level 45, so i flew my way to pokemon mansion.

I found a few journal entry's, about mewtwo, and how it slowly went over board. That's why you don't "create" pokemon.. Except by breeding. That's ok :D .

I took blaine out easily, and the same with giovanni. I thik im unstoppable.. time for the pokemon league!

Despite from being underleveled, i still destroyed my rival. On my way to the pokemon league.. this should be really easy! :D

Just swept throught victory road.. hopefully i don't need the training.. P:

The elite four.. Was the easiest battle I've ever done with the elite four!
    .. Not really, but still!

Spoiler:

Kanto.. is.. DONE!
    On to Johto!

I will do gold, for spinarak, and my possible team will be..

i dont know yet XP

I'll think of it when i'm playing

Good luck to the rest of you doing this challenge!
    Hope you suceed!

My winning Team..

View attachment 54829 <---- Proof of winning.. its not much, but still

Gassy/Weezing
    110.png

Level 46

-Fire Blast
    -Explosion
    -Smokescreen
    -Sludge

King/Nidoking
    034.png

Level 53

-Mega Punch
    -Thrash
    -Thunderbolt
    -Earthquake

Gunk/Muk
    089.png

Level 50

-Pound
    -Minimize
    -Poison Gas
    -Sludge

Seed/Venusaur
    003.png

Level 51

-Tackle
    -Toxic
    -Razor Leaf
    -Vine Whip

Vampire/Golbat
    042.png

Level 49

-Leech Life
    -Wing Attack
    -Haze
    -Bite

Queen/Nidoqueen
    031.png

Level 51

-Blizzard
    -Body Slam
    -Strength
    -Surf

Onwards to Johto!!!!

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    First Bug update

- Cleared opening stuff With HM Slave "Surf Board"(Squrtle, because Venusaur is weak to Psysic with i will learn Winger)
    - Caught Stinger the Weedle and Winger the Caterpie
    - Grinded them to 10 where they evolved 2 times each (man they were pathetic, Surf Board got to Lv. 11 by helping them)
    - Beat rival
    - Beat Forest
    - Trained in the wild (Lv. 2-4 richt before a Lv. 12-14 gym leader?)
    - Beat Brock. Beat geodude with 2 Confusions from Winger. then Onix came. Winger got a Poison Powder before being OHKO´ed by Rock Tomb. Then Stinger Began Harden´ing and with just 1 Potion the poison got him down (Man, never thought a pre-evolution Harden could be so helpfull)
    - Sneaked past most of the Route 3 trainers to get to mt. moon
    - Caught Drainer the Paras
    - Beat the route 3 trainers, training Drainer on the way
    - Started exploring mt. moon

My team is below.

Years
  • here's my first update for johto!

Starting my johto adventure

Chose chikorita to make it more challenging, and i stayed up till 12:30 at night to catch a spinarak. At first, when going to mr. pokemons house, thought i ran into a shiny one, but it was the sprite of gold version. I always thought that all the spinarak sprites were green...

After a long sleep(and 4 hours at the river :D) i started again. I went to dark cave, in search for a zubat. It took a few tries to get a male zubat.. but it came to me.

On the next route, i found a bellsprout and named it chlorophil(after naming it, i noticed it was spelt wrong..) i'm not keeping her though. I'm just gonna toss her in my PC then catch a gastly for later.

Dropped bellsprout, so i don't waste time training her, and leveled to 15 at sprout tower.. Rattatas are really weak :/

It bothered me how leech life wasn't super effective with bellspout.. it IS a bug type move attacking a grass, so what's the problem? whatevs'..

After patience for night to come, i ran into a gastly at sprout tower! His name.. Black Smoke :P (lost haha.. miss that show :( )

Training with ghost types are easy! Bloodsucka just uses bite, Black Smoke uses lick, and i use blood sucka to help Spyder! The top monk dude and Falkner are gonna be easy!

I took out the monk dude with just spyder, and won myself the HM, Flash. I'm probably never gonna use it :P . And Falkner, Spyder took the pidgey out, and almost killed his hacked pidgeotto, if he missed the last attack, the poison would've killed him.. but Blood Sucka had to finish the job.. next up.. Azeala town!
    i think you spell it like that.. :P

I just remembered that i wanted to record the battle! Dammit!

My Current Team

Spyder/Spinarak

Level 18

-Poison Sting
    -Night Shade
    -Scary Face
    -Constrict

BloodSucka/Zubat

Level 15

-Leech Life
    -Super Sonic
    -Bite
    ----

BlackSmoke/Gastly

Level 15

-Hypnosis
    -Lick
    -Spite
    -Mean Look

Woopers are killing me right now.. spinarak has trouble inflicting good damage to them because of their ground half.. it still does decent damage, but still.

I just ran through union cave, cause i didn't want to train ing there.. hate training in caves :/

After Spyder and Blood Sucka made it to level 20, i thought, i don't feel like training Black Smoke with wild pokemon.. I'll just do the slowpoke well thingy, so i went down to the well and kill all the rockets with Black Smoke, and saved the slowpokes.

After that, i challenged Bugsy, hoping to level Black Smoke to 20. It was a decently tough battle. Metapod did nothing to me, since i was using a ghost. Kakuna was almost like metapod, but he actually hit me with poison sting. But scyther, scyther almost killed me. Probably because i used curse, but still. Thankfully, i reached my goal. I now have 3 level 20 poison pokemon. Next destination, Goldenrod City!

Before i enter Ilex Forrest, I met up with my rival. He didn't believe that i took out his dads precious team rocket. So i had to smack really quick. He wasn't totally weak. he took out Spyder, only because he's weak against fire types.. But Blood Sucka finished him, still close to death because his zubat almost got me.

In Ilex Forrest, i found an Oddish for a cut slave(even though i could've used the other two grass type pokemon who were COMPLETELY capable of learning it) and made it to goldenrod.

On the grass right before Goldenrod, Spyder evolved! He is now an Ariados, and, with luck, does good in the near furture. I just now figured remembered that bug is strong against psychic! I now know what ariados is for! when you fight sabrina, and when you fight red!
    ... not real-well, kinda-but still. Don't know how i forgot this..
    While experimenting the bug vs psychic weakness(i use a bug move on the elite four in heart gold..), zubat evolves into golbat! now, i just need max happiness to get crobat.. and then i won't need a fly slave!
    Since the other two evolved, black smoke decided to do the same! My team now consists of Ariados, Golbat, and Haunter. Next on my to-do list, whitney.
    ... That was alil naughty :P

Whitney's was quick and easy.
    Whitney only took out ariados, and that's cause i didn't want to switch him out when she was using rollout with her miltank. her clefairy used metronome and did some move where she switched pokemon, and that's all she wrote! next destination, Ecreteuk or whatever that towns called! the one with Morty!

On my way to.. that one town, i ran into one of the pokemon that i used in my kanto run! my good friend nidoran! ... Both of them! So now it looks like i have royalty again! ... Except i can't get a moon stone till kanto, i believe, so i'll just use them till i find better pokes..

I felt it was useless to continue training the nidos, so i threw them in my PC, along with the venonat i caught in the bug catching contest. I continued to squirt the sudowoodo and KILL HIM with golbat.

When i entered that one town, i remembered that koffing was in the burned tower! i ran into the tower, to find my rival , waiting for me.. After i wipe burned towers floors with him, i ran into a Koffing! I named him.. Bomb! Let the grinding begin.

While grinding, i got a call the there was a swarm of qwilfish's! i had to run back to route 32, grab the old rod, and start fishing! after many unsuccesful tries, i finally get a male Qwilfish, i caught a wooper so i could weaken it, and used a pokeball, and puffer joined the team! Now i need to grind TWO pokemon.. yeeessss...

Just realized that i didn't have the right version of VBA, so i have to drop black smoke, cause i can't continue my current game on that one.. jesus..

That's all ill update you on, cause im tired and need to go to bed :\

My Current Team

Puffer/Qwilfish
    211.png

Level 19
    -Tackle
    -Poison Sting
    -Water Gun
    -Minimize

Bomb/Koffing
    109.png

Level 21

-Poison Gas
    -Tackle
    -Sludge
    -Self Destruct

Spyder/Ariados
    168.png

Level 31

-Poison Sting
    -Night Shade
    -Scary Face
    -Leech Life

BloodSucka/Golbat
    042.png

Level 30

-Leech Life
    -Wing Attack
    -Confuse Ray
    -Bite

... Gonna miss that haunter :\

Last edited:

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    @Tomreaper: "On my way to.. that one town, i ran into one of the pokemon that i used in my kanto run! my good friend nidoran! ... Both of them! So now it looks like i have royalty again! ... Except i can't get a moon stone till kanto, i believe, so i'll just use them till i find better pokes.."

You can get a moon stone in Tohjo falls with just surf (it lays at the johto side)

Bug update:

- Beat Nugget bridge (exept the rocket, who i lost to, and when i came again he gave me a new Nugget, so i lost to him a cuple of times.
    - Helped Bill
    - Beat misty
    - Beat S.S. Anne, evolving Drainer in the progress
    - Beat Lt. Surge
    - Beat all Trainers battleable before Rock Tunnel
    - Allmost through Rock tunnel

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back